chapter 10

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Before this chapter starts: I recommend to you listening to "Begin" by Jeon Jungkook while reading. Have fun ^^

-----------------------------------------

Everything was pitch black.

It didn't frighten Jungkook anymore. The darkness had enveloped him the moment he had shut down his laptop after learning the tragical past of Taehyung. He no longer was able to resist the darkness, to see or feel anything else. It was comfortable, in some way. But only as long as the pictures of Taehyung he had seen didn't flash through  his mind. They appeared irregulary, together with single words or phrases of the reports and articles. It was an endless circle of waves of sadness rolling through his body. And then, everything went black again.

Jungkook had lost track of time. So he didn't know when exactly another picture started to appear and disappear again. It was a familiar face but he wasn't really sure who it was. It was somehow blurry. But that face, it made a difference. And it made forgotten feelings inside Jungkook's chest stirring awake. He was unable to tell what was happening to him in those moments. But whatever it was, it grew stronger and stronger each time.

Somewhen, he saw one word floating mid-air. It chased away the terrible pictures of Taehyung and now kept staying  in Jungkook's mind instead. Only three letters had succeeded in banning the photographs that haunted him. The three letters were e, a and t. Eat.

And he did oblige. 

Later, there was another word floating. This time, it was "drink". Jungkook did as being told by the second word too. And as the next word, "sleep", appeared, he slept. The first time since... He couldn't say since when. But his body thanked him for the urgently needed rest.

The words kept glowing in the dark, appearing out of nowhere and vanishing as soon as Jungkook obliged. Sometimes, there was that blurry face too. And the silence got interrupted by deep mumbling of a male voice. Slowly, the omnipresent black faded into gray. Jungkook was once more able to see his surroundings, but just in black and white. And the horrific memories of what had happened to Taehyung did not return.

One day, a new word appeared. It was the word "Live". So he grabbed a piece of charcoal and began to draw. Taehyung. Cages. Doctors. Shards of broken glass. Fallen angels. Taehyung again. Black lines stark against pure white. The floor was covered with drawings in no time, the artist's hands painted black. 

His breath hitched as he finally realized that the blurry face indeed was the very person whose past had caused him so much pain. The next time he came to talk to him, Jungkook broke down and wept. He clinged to the older, over and over repeating his name as a plea. By the time his tears stopped flowing, the colours had returned. As in trance, the artist walked towards his painting desk, grabbed some stuff and settled infront of Taehyung. Without a word he started painting him. As now he understood him, he had taken a glimpse of the older's essence. Time went by, so did Jimin. The youngest was lost in both his work and the presence of his first love, painting deft of red and green (his favourite complementary colours) and mixing them to recreate the hair colour of Taehyung.

Taehyung stayed the night. He didn't really have a choice as Jungkook refused to let him go. So now the both of them were cuddled together on Jungkook's bed. And with every breath he took Jungkook came back to his senses, to the world waiting for him. Taehyung kept his hair until his eyes fell shut. However, he managed to mumble one sentence before drifting to sleep.

"You make me begin", the artist whispered.