chapter 15

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Jungkook could not think straight anymore.

It had been a week since he had whispered the promising words in Taehyung´s ear. But after that, nothing had happened. Much to his own fault, as the artist had to admit. The problem was his incredibly big shyness which came back when he needed it the least. Jungkook thought of himself as somebody who was quite capable and confident, however he could get very shy too and there was nothing he could do about it.

He stood in the hallway and cursed under hold breath as Taehyung had left once more and there was no progress in their relationship. It was so frustrating! Unconsciously, he pulled at his hair, his dissatisfaction not getting less. God, although he loved it to kiss Taehyung, he wanted more, craved for more. And at the looks the older gave him he knew it wasn´t only him who felt that way. Leading to the question why his lover hadn´t initiated the next stage yet. Was he being considerate? Or maybe unsure if it really was what the younger wanted? Were the two of them maybe circling around each other, waiting for the other one to make the first step, not daring to risk anything, not sure if their wishes and feelings were mutual? Well , that would lead them nowhere. Another curse escaped him. And of course, somehow Jimin seemed to sense his uneasiness. A fluffy siver-haired head peaked around he corner.

"Kookie, is anything wrong?", his best friend asked worried.

Jungkook halted in biting his nails nervously, giving himself time to think about an answer.

"Yes. No. Yes, maybe. I have a little personal crisis right now", he admitted, not willing to go into detail. As he still was affraid of his best friend detesting him for being in love with another man. Knowing that he couldn´t bear it to lose Jimin as a friend, the younger still was hesitant to reveal his (luckily returned) love for Taehyung. There was no possibility that his friend did not know but maybe he would push Jungkook away if he learned about his ual desires. Maybe that would be the turning point at which he could not bear any longer with his dongsaeng´s weirdness. So Jungkook did not go into detail about his problem.

"It is about Tae and you", Jimin stated bluntly, not even bothering to say it as a question.

Jungkook´s head snapped up, eyes wide. "What, how-"

"Oh, please. Do you think you can hide anything from your best friend? You, from me? As if", he snorted softly, heading to the couch and signaling the abashed Jungkook to follow him. With a loud sigh he sat down and the young artist had no other choice but to follow lead. Jungkook squirmed under the analyting gaze of his hyung and silence fell. If he only didn´t find out...

"Let me guess... you want to have more skinship involved in your relationship, maybe too, but being who you are, you don´t know what to do now. Am I wrong?"

Jungkook´s breath hitched at this, his body going very still. He felt his limbs getting cold, his mouth hanging agape in shock. Why did he know so easily? Was he being that obvious? Now everything is lost... In the meanwhile, Jimin made no secret of showing how satisfied he was with his own observing skills as he did not need an answer from the younger to know he had been right. No, the opposite was the case.

"I knew it! Who is the best detective in town? It´s me, Park Jimin", he chirped happily, completely unaware of the younger´s fears, leaving him confused once more. Jungkook felt as if he was too often confused these days. So by the time he had himself more or less under control again, he decided to risk very much. Many years of friendship, almost a friendship since birth (at least that was how he felt about it) to be exact. But it drove him crazy not to know. He had to ask.

"Hyung, don´t you think such a thing is disgusting?"

Now it was Jimin´s turn to look confused. "Kookie, what are you talking about? Why would I, as I am gay too?"

Jungkook´s jaw literally dropped to the floor. "Wait... did you really say that right now?"

Jimin giggled at that and gave him his unique eyesmile. "What do you think why I never brought a girl home or anything?"

"So... you really don´t mind? You won´t call me sick and weird and leave me because I am an abomination?"

The olders gaze softened. There was not a hint of doubt in his voice as he immediately replied: "No, Kookie. Never."