chapter 12

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Jungkook was still searching for his CD, even if two days had passed already since he had realized it was missing. Chances were slim that he found it but whatever. Neither Jimin nor Taehyung were a big help. Everytime he asked them about his CD and if they maybe had found it accidentally they began to act very strange and were fast to change topics.

Jungkook didn´t really get it. But maybe his hyungs were just annoyed of his persistance? Well, they didn´t know how important that CD was for Jungkook so they could simply not relate. Yeah, that had to be the reason. Like this, the young artist tried to calm himself down and to not be suspicious of their behaviour because there had to be a logical reason for this. His friends would tell him if they knew anything of the CD.

Once more, Jungkook rummaged through his stuff and half-heartedly asked Taehyung for help. He was expecting an apology for not being able to help him right now. Again. What he did not expect was the question the older raised out of the blue.

"By the way, Kookie... what did you mean as you said that I make you begin?"

"Whut!" Jungkook spluttered, caught off-guard. His cheeks were already burning hot and definitely as red as ripe apples.

Taehyung smirked at him. "You know what I´m talking about, don´t you? It was the first and last thing you said to me that night."

The younger squirmed, eyes darting here and there. "I, erm, you see... it was like, uh... heat of the moment?", he stammered helplessly.

"Yeah, but what did you mean with that?", Taehyung insisted. He had no intention of letting the other go just like that, it seemed. J

ungkook nervously fidgeted around. He could feel his palms getting sweaty and rubbed them at his trousers. Of course, it did not help him to calm down. Not the slightest. As he looked up, Taehyung was still watching his every movement, waiting for a satisfying answer.

Argh, these eyes... please don´t look at me like that!

Jungkook´s mind felt like jelly. He could not think straight.

I cannot possibly tell him the truth. Can't say  'See, I love you and you saved my life, so thanks and let´s date' or something. How are the odds that he feels the same? Close to zero. And where the hell is my CD? If he ever gets to listen to my songs he will be disgusted of me and our friendship will be history. I don´t want that, god help me! Ugh, stop staring at me with your beautiful eyes. So long lashes... I wonder how it feels to touch his skin. No, no, no! That´s not the point here. So, what should I reply? Tae is gorgeous, isn´t he? His hair looks sooo soft... Wait, is he still waiting for my answer?  

He unconsciously furrowed his eyebrows, immersed in his thoughts. This was even more difficult than mathematics and English together.

At this very moment, Jimin opened the door and shouted from the bottom of his lungs: "TELL HIM ALREADY, JEON JUNGKOOK!!!"

"WHA- NO! I CAN´T SAY TO HIM 'I LOVE YOU' JUST LIKE THAT!", Jungkook jumped up and replied as loud as the former out of reflex.

Both Jimin and Taehyung stared at him with wide eyes, utterly shocked of his sudden confession. It was only then that the youngest proceeded what had happened. He gulped.

"Sh*t."

Taehyung was baffled, now shyly hiding his face behind his broad hands. In the meanwhile, Jimin was literally dying on his laughter and had big problems to get back to his room while falling back on the floor again and again, frantically clapping his hands. Somehow, the oldest managed to leave them alone, his high-pitched laugh still audible.

There was an awkward silence between the artist and his muse. Jungkook still averted his gaze as he waited for any kind of reaction. Now everything was over. He knew it. On the other hand, the past weeks were like a miracle to him, of course things wouldn´t stay perfect like that. Life was never easy. He imagined already how life would be if Taehyung was no longer part of it. How grey and boring his world would get. How he would go back to painting things like street lamps, for god´s sake! Or maybe he would quit painting as nothing could be as fascinating as Taehyung...

With a deep sigh, Jungkook slouched, eyes firmly closed, and anxiously waited for the final blow. For disgusted and angry shouting, maybe a hard slap in his face too, loud footsteps and the bang of the front door.

Instead, he was surprised by a question of Taehyung for the second time today.

"So, do you really love me?", the older asked, his deep voice merely more than a whisper.

Finally, Jungkook looked at him, returning the gaze overflowing with mixed emotions. "Yes... yes, I do", he slowly admitted, not sure anymore what would happen next.

Taehyung stood up and strode towards Jungkook. He grabbed the younger´s head and softly bumped their foreheads together. The artist let it happen, being confused as never before. He could feel the hot breath of the other tingling on his skin. Again, his mind transformed into useless jelly at the sensation of Tae´s body so close to his own. And so, he did not understand what the older said to him. There were sounds swirling around but they did not make sense to him. He blinked once, twice, in account to focus on reality.

"Uhm...", he cleared his throat. It was indeed embarassing to ask this silly question. "Sorry, but could you please say it again?"

Taehyung chuckled at that. "I asked, what will happen if I say that I love you too, you big pabo."

Silence.

Then:

"..........say WHAT?!"