chapter 1

Which piece of art is perfect though?

"You are an interesting one", Jeon Jungkook, passionate artist, murmured as he approached a broken street lamp. He had taken an other road than usual and that very lamp had immediately caught his attention. Now he stood in front of his new discovery and studied the destroyed lampshade, the flies trapped in spiderwebs, the shattered light bulb, the dirt, the moss, the play of light and shadow on the surface of the  old lamp. Minutes passed as he walked around it, mumbling. He didn´t notice the people staring at him, as he was too absorbed in his observation. Until he layed  flat on the sidewalk, rolled from one side to another and crouched on his knees for a better angle of view.

"Mommy, what is the man doing there?", a girl closeby wanted to know. 

"Hush, darling. Hurry up, we are late, and don´t stare. Don´t stare, I said! Now come already, we don´t talk with such kind of people..."

Such kind of people? Jungkook looked around confused, what were they talking about? But all the passerbies were indeed watching himself warily. Wait, what? ME?! It was only then that Jungkook realized his odd behavior. Highly embarassed he got up and tried to cleanse himself. Hot blood rushed up to his head. Trying to get away as fast as possible he didn´t notice his surroundings. And totally bumped into a stranger.

"Oh my god, I am so s-s-sorry, please, I deeply apologize, are you okay, can I h-help you?", he stuttered, looking at his feet in shame. He just wanted to dig a hole and hide himself, right here, right now. A deep, warm chuckle made him finally look up to the person he had run into.

Time stopped flowing. The world around them stood still and everything in Jungkooks mind went quiet. With wide round eyes he stared at the most beautiful human being he has ever seen.

Breathtaking!

Jungkook just stood there, unable to form a straight thought. That man was a goddamn living masterpiece! He couldn´t be much older than himself, despite his deep voice. Jungkooks eyes trailed up the slender body to a face with such unique eyes, framed with long lashes. Soft brown hair swayed in a light breeze. But the most catching view was that big rectangular smile the young man flashed at him. Jungkooks mouth went dry as he took in the whole magnificent picture once again. Was it even possible to be this beautiful? The young artist was so captivated that he didn´t hear what the other said. He just saw those beautiful lips moving, open and close, smacking together and open again...

"What?!", he blurted, blushing.

The other one giggled. "I said, everything is alright. Although I am not sure if the same can be said for you...?"

"I-I I am completely fine, so-sorry, thank you very much!"

Again that wide smile appeared. Why is there no camera around to catch this moment, for god´s sake? But wait, a mere photograph wouldn´t do it justice, do HIM justice... His fingers were itching. He needed a pencil and a sheet of paper, quick...

"Well then, have a nice day. Bye", the stranger went off, leaving an awestruck Jungkook behind.

Seconds passed as Jungkook kept staring at the place where the other man had stood. More seconds, as he first hesitated, then finally made a decision. He gathered all of his courage and ran after the stranger, shouting. "Wait! Can I draw you?!"

The addressed one turned in surprise.

"Huh?"