chapter 11

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Jungkook couldn´t believe it. He just couldn´t.

Two weeks had passed already since Taehyung had pulled him out of the dark hole he had been trapped in. And since then, the younger would wake up looking at the most beautiful face on  the whole planet every morning! It was a god-damned miracle. A dream come true. A heavenly present. 

Today was a perfect morning and he wanted to burst out in tears just because of the view of Taehyung sleeping next to him.

Every day Jungkook would wake up, stare at the other´s face fondly and then get up to eat breakfast prepared by Jimin. Somewhen Taehyung would join him, entering the kitchen yawning and with ruffled hair which made him just look even hotter and didn´t help the younger keeping his composture at all. They would chat casually about anything except Taehyungs past. But the reason to avoid this topic was not any longer that the older wanted to keep it secret, no, he didn´t want to trigger off anything in the sensible young artist.

After breakfast the older would go to work and Jungkook would wander around to look for new inspiration aside from his muse. And he would work on his painting of Taehyung, of course, having all his features memorized. However, he refused to show it to him before he deemed it completed. Somewhen late in the evening, Taehyung would return and sneak into Jungkook´s bed to cuddle with him until he fell asleep. He basically didn´t live in his own flat anymore. It was like that since the younger had been clinging to him as if he was the anchor holding him in this world and had refused to let him go. The other would hold him tight through the night and defend him from the darkness still lingering.

And yes, Jungkook was grateful for that act of kindness. He loved it to wake up and feel the older´s hot breath on his skin, his arms wrapped around his waist. But damn, he was only human, too.

"If you don´t wanna die on dissatisfaction or a bleeding heart or whatever, you have to tell him", Jimin adviced, happily munching a piece of cake.

Jungkook frowned, averting his gaze from his hyung. "I have not the slightest idea what you´re talking about."

The older giggled. "Of course not. Kookie, you are almost drooling as soon as Tae enters the room." He accusingly pointed his fork at the baffled maknae.

"Wha- I am NOT!"

"Yes, you are", Jimin couldn´t stop giggling, his eyes already disappearing and forming crescents. 

"Hyung, you are talking nonsense! I don´t love him!!!"

Jimin didn´t pay attention to the formality his friend had just used as he knew its only purpose was to distract him anyway. Instead, he made a show of acting surprised and confused. "I did never say that you love him."

The younger gasped in shock, realizing his mistake. He leaped up, knocking over his chair and sprinted out of the room with deep red face. Face hidden in both hands, the artist slid down the wall. What had he done?! He didn´t want anyone to know, the least Jimin. What would he think of him, what would he do?

The CD!

As soon as he heard his friend leaving, Jungkook darted out of his room and ran to his little atelier. Frantically, he searched for the disc he had recorded and hidden between his painting stuff. With no luck. He turned the whole house upside-down. No trace of it to be found.

This evening, Jungkook wasn´t laying in bed waiting for Taehyung to join him. Spaced out, he sat on the sofa, biting his nails. He even asked Taehyung as he returned, which might have been the most stupid decision you could make in this situation.

"Hyung, have you, uhm, have you maybe seen a cheap-looking CD with handwritten cover laying around somewhere?"

Asked man looked away, somehow seeming to feel a bit uneasy. Maybe he had a hard day again and was not interested in things like this right now.

"...no... no, I haven´t."

Jungkook gulped, his last ray of hope disappearing.

His CD was gone.