chapter 21

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Jungkook was wandering around, looking for a potential motive of his next drawing, for anything that caught his attention. Some days ago, he had finally drawn the old broken street lamp which had caused everything - wait, had caused what? Nothing. Nevermind. Yesterday, he had found a dead little bird close to the lake. The small body had been dirty and blood-soaked, feathers ruffled and plucked. He had taken a seat and painted it. And now he was on the hunt for his next inspiration. But the town was not very big and he already had dicovered most things worthy painting or drawing. After two more hours aimlessly wandering around, Jungkook had to call it a day. Disappointed, the artist headed back home.

His best friend was already waiting for him. The small young man jumped up as soon as Jungkook came in, greeted him effusively and asked in one breath: "Welcome back, Kookie, have you heard anything from Tae?"

Junkook stared bankly. "Who?"

Jimin´s jaw dropped. "You´re kidding me", he gasped.

But Jungkook didn´t falter. He outright refused to let that man mess with his life any more. So he replied without so much as blinking: "As I don´t know who you´re talking about it might be wise of you to ask someone else, hyung."

A mixture of different emotions showed on the elder´s face, too fast for Jungkook to recognize the single ones.

"Don´t give me that. Taehyung was literally your sun, your world! You don´t get to act as if you didn´t know him, Jungkook. He, Kim Taehyung, was the very first person aside from me you was eager to get to know better. You found him interesting enough to do research of his real name as he kept referring to himself as 'V'. You showed him around in town. If some strangers would ask you for the way you normally would claim to be a visitor too just to be left alone. But Taehyung, you led to all of your favourite places without thinking twice about it. You let him in! And you was glad. You was happy and behaved like a little kid. Gosh, you even fell in love for him after mere days..."

"Hyung, stop. Do not say any more."

But why should Jimin listen to him? He only scoffed. "Oh, I haven´t even started for real. You are denying your feelings and shutting them away but you should know best that your love for Taehyung is too strong to be locked away. Afterall, you had a depression after you did read what had happened to the poor boy. You wasn´t depressed because something had happened to you but because you had learned what your beloved Taehyung went through. It affected you to an extend where you lost the will to live instead of him. If somebody should´ve been depressed, then him and not you. However, you love him so much that you suffered in his place."

"Stop!"

"And he was the only one who was able to get through to you. Although we are friends as long as memories serve me. But I could do nothing for you back then. Only him. Because you love him so much-"
"STOP!"

"No! Because you love him so much! And now your heart is bleeding as you believe something a stranger has told you. Don´t tell me you have moved on already, there is no way. The paintings are the best proof. A killed bird, ripped off the sky, my ing ! How stupid do you think I am? If you wanted to keep your secret hidden you better had chosen another passion than painting. You are hurt and jealous and you feel betrayed whilst the one thing you love way more than your own life is most likely in big danger. I have searched for Tae and asked as many people as I could. Nobody had seen him. If he really was only cheating on you, he would be somewhere. Though he is nowhere to be found which means that anything had happened. But here you are, Jeon Jungkook, acting all high and mighty, defaming your beloved Taehyung AS IF IT`S NONE OF YOUR ING BUSINESS! OPEN YOUR EYES ALREADY!!!"

"THAT`S ENOUGH", Jungkook roared and punched Jimin straight into the face to effectively silence him. Finally, that little devil shut up. He glared at him with so much anger and hatred in his eyes, that Jungkook under any other circumstances would´ve fallen on his knees and begged for forgiveness. But he was fuming now by himself. And so, he was just thankful that Jimin had stopped talking this nonsense. He didn´t want to think about it, about him. Not paying attention to the aggressive bruise blossoming on his friend´s cheek, he bent down at looked him in the eyes.

"I don´t give a , I don´t give a , so leave me alone and never, never say that name again in my presence", the artist threatened with low vicious voice.

The doors of both of their rooms were slammed shut in the same moment, the impact shaking the house to it´s core.

 


...

"How is our little piece of doing?"

"Pulse and breathing steady."

"Then he can get another bottle of it. Make sure he drinks it all."