chapter 9

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Taehyung was still baffled. And so it took him some time to ask Jimin to show him what was on the laptop. At first, the older refused. "It's his personal account. Why should I show you, it would be like you hacking his laptop."

"Why?", Taehyung scoffed. "Because I am that ing Kim Taehyung and I need to know what he found out about me. Also for trying to get Jungkook back. I can't help him if I don't know how much he discovered and what got him in this state."

Jimin just stood there and gawked. Yes, he hadn't known V's real identity, just like he preferred it. After some moments of awkward silence, he obeyed to the younger's request and started the laptop. Taehyung scrolled through the documents and scimmed the artikles. Jimin looking him over the shoulder to his big distress. He heard the whimpers of the older as they scrolled further and further down. A bitter taste lingered in Taehyungs mouth. He didn't want his pity. But now they both knew exactly what had triggered Jungkook's depression. However, Taehyung wasn't sure how to proceed from here.

At first, he tried to explain Jungkook that he was fine, he had overcome his fears and was not trapped in the past. Which was an outright lie, but nevermind. No reaction. Then, he just sat on the floor infront of the maknae, locking eyes with him. He didn't reach him. It was as if he indeed was nothing more than thin air. Two hours passed like that, both sitting there and staring at each other. Or through each other, in Jungkook´s case. Jimin has gone to his room and was busy processing what he had learned about his new friend. The last thing Taehyung did before leaving was writing a sticky note to Jungkook which he hung on the wall the artist kept staring at. It said: "EAT!". Nothing more and nothing less. Then he got home, a growing black hole in his chest.

Back at his apartment Taehyung remembered the CD Jimin had given him in utter embarassement. He put the disc in his CD player, switched it on and began listening to Jungkook's secret songs. 

He was stunned. Most of the songs were outright love confessions to him. Sometimes hidden, sometimes more obvious but he got the meaning of it anyway. Hot tears slid down his face. On this very CD Jungkook had laid bare his whole heart. And if his sincerity together with the unexpected angelic voice didn't kill him.

One particular song Taehyung couldn't stop listening to. It was named "Begin" at the little sheet packed by. Again and again he played it. And he couldn't understand how he hadn't noticed the strong feelings of the younger towards him. How he had been so oblivious.

The song burned in his memories, Taehyung went to sleep and thought long about his own strange feelings towards the other. He kept asking himself if that was what they call love.

-----------------------------------------------

The next day, Taehyung again went to Jungkook's straight after work. He sat in front of him, looked at him while talking and searched for a sign of recognition in the younger's eyes. Then, he wrote a new sticky note, saying "DRINK!". And left.

He repeated those steps every day. Look at him. Speak. "Eat", "drink", "sleep". 

On the fourth day, a big improvement could be seen. Jungkook slurped a soup Jimin had cooles him. Slowly. Absentminded. But he ate, for god's sake. Taehyung felt his knees wobbling as relief flooded his veins. This day, he stayed longer and kept talking to Jungkook. Again, he left a sticky note. But this time a new one. And he was positively sure that the younger's eyes had gleamed as he had read the new word.

"LIVE!"