chapter 13

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Breathing got very difficult as Taehyungs words sunk in.

Damn, why is there no book about how to breathe if your crush confesses to you?

Jungkook opened and closed his mouth a few times, gaping like a fish. If Taehyung had been holding a mirror infront of his face he might´ve been laughing about his own weird expression. But this was not a laughing matter. It was dead serious. And Jungkook silently corrected himself, Taehyung was not a mere crush. There was more, much more.

However, Jungkook was not fully convinced everything was real. Because, the odds. So he put all his mental strength in stopping the warmth from spreading in his whole body before he had certainty.

As he managed to breath normally more or less, the young artist gathered his courage and bluntly asked "Does that mean you love me too?" before he could step back.

Now there were three possibilities how things could turn out. One, he woke up from a bitter-sweet dream every second, realizing nothing of this had ever happened. Two, it would turn out that the older just had made a joke and didn´t mean what he said. After all, it has been a 'what if'-question. Or three, Taehyung would verify that he indeed loved Jungkook back which would make him the luckiest, happiest person alive. One, two or three, which one?

Meanwhile, it had been Taehyungs turn to take a prominent shade of red as Jungkook had stared at him the whole time he thought about possible outcomes. Again, he rose his hands and hid his beautiful face behind them. Because of that, his reply was muffled, but of course Jungkook could clearly understand it either way.

"I-I think I do..."

There was no holding back anymore. The restrained warmth washed through the younger with such an intensity  that his knees gave in and met the floor with a thump. In an instance, strong arms were wrapped around his shaking body and tears silently escaping his eyes were brushed away with gentle fingers. And just like before, the older brought their heads together, forehead resting against forehead. It calmed down Jungkook in no time. Although he deemed it a rather strange habit but he had already fallen in love with that facette too.

As they both just sat there on the ground very very close to each other, their breaths entwined and the artist felt the sudden urge to paint it - their breaths. Colourful smoke, mixing, melting together and separating again. Clouds of yellow, blue and purple on a deep black background, foming streams, swirls and circles. A dance of lover´s air. Later. Later, he would surely paint it. But now he only wanted to enjoy this moment, still fearing to wake up any moment.

He dared to move a little bit closer, feeling the other´s hot air all over his face. His gaze dropped to these wonderful crimson red lips the moment Taehyung nervously them. Now glistening saliva couted his lower lip. That perfectly shaped lip... Jungkook didn´t think much longer as he slightly brushed his mouth against the other´s. The sensation sent a shiver right down his spine. It made him bold, reckless. Next he knew was his mouth laying on Taehyung´s, his tongue parting the lips he had learned to adore, exploring the older´s cavern.

The kiss was clumsy and unxeperienced as they both never had a friend nor a lover before. But in ths moment it was the only right thing to do and neither of them cared about their inexperience. Because it felt amazing. Because they belonged to each other, because they were finally together and they didn´t give a damn. Jungkook savoured everything of it: the wetness, the warmth, the tickling pressure of Taehyung´s tongue against his own, the long soft eyelashes touching his cheeks, the big hands roaming over his back. He had found his own private paradise, the maknae decided.

Finally, they separated, panting hard.

Jungkook was the first to speak. "So... does all of this make us a couple now?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Do you wanna go on, uhm, dates with me and all that?"

This time, Taehyung threw him a wide, box-shaped smile. "Yes."

It was now or never. Adrenaline was still coursing through his veins so Jungkook went for it. "Right now?"

Another nod was his answer.

The artist extended a hand which was immediatley grabbed by the older, much to his delight. Just before they were about to leave, he remembered his friend and shouted "Jimin, we are off now!"

Which earned him a cooed "Awww, Kookie is a real man now..." from the other side of the house. Jungkook rolled his eyes. What an annoying best friend he had. But his annoyance was fast forgotten as Taehyung kept chuckling about it. Fondly, Jungkook layed his arm around his lover´s shoulders and led them through the starry night to the lake close-by.

Neither of them interrupted the silence as they walked along the shore. Hand in hand they kept going, admiring the stars reflecting on the lake´s calm surface. The whole atmosphere felt somewhat unreal. But they knew better. Nothing could be more real than the both of them united. Still silent, they returned, the smiles on their faces not vanishing. As tonight they both had found a priceless treasure.