chapter 6

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Jungkook smiled at himself. Find out if V is a good or a bad guy - check. Answer: he is good. Conclusion: he is afraid to open up. Next step: find out the reasons of his fear. The thing was he had no idea how to do so. At first, he just kept showing the young man around and accompanied him as long as possible without being too obtrusive. Two weeks passed like that. Then, Jungkook began to secretly follow the older as soon as they had said goodbye to each other. Like this, he found out where V lived, where he worked and where he liked to eat. As he realized his weird stalking behaviour by himself, Jungkook immediately stopped. He told himself again and again that he knew enough of the other´s whereabouts by now. However, it was getting more difficult to refrain from following him than he had assumed. The artist wasn´t sure what all of this said about him. But he kept his mouth shut about that matter to his best friend Jimin, just in case.

And to make things even more complicated, a new problem appeared. As the two young men kept spending much time together and met almost every day, Jungkook noticed something. It took him quite a while because he had never experienced it before. But he definitely was falling in love with the mysterious guy. It struck him hard as he got aware of the fact he was no longer feeling only curiosity and awe to the beauty. He had to merely look at V and in an instant he would feel warmth spreading in his whole body. It got even worse if V began to speak in his deep full husky voice, sending shivers down Jungkooks spine. But most affecting him, making his guts stir, was the intense gaze of the dark brown orbs lined with long lashes. He felt like being in by those magnificent eyes. And after a while it turned out that V was a touchy person which made it very very very difficult for Jungkook to restrain himself. He would wake up in the middle of the night with the feeling of the other´s touch still lingering at his hands, his arms, his shoulders, his back. Going back to sleep with these sensations was a just impossible. As things were going, Jungkook had no doubt to get insane sooner or later if his feelings weren´t returned. Which he didn´t dare to hope for. Like, never ever.

Not knowing what to do, Jungkook began to write texts. Many texts. He had been composing for fun before. This time was different. He felt the urge to exactly write down what he experienced and put his heart in the new songs developing within hours. Whenever Jimin went out he would secretly work on his songs. It was not long until he finished recording a whole CD including older songs too. He hid it under his painting utensils as he knew Jimin would never touch those.

In the meanwhile, Jungkook and V had become comfortable with each other. And although the latter still did not talk about himself, it was not an understatement to say that they were friends by now. Jungkook had already introduced V to Jimin and was happy to see the both of them get along so well with each other. Jimin had liked the slightly younger male at once and of course, he had to congratulate the maknae to his new friend, explaining in the same breath that 'Kookie is too shy and therefore doesn´t have many friends'. Fortunaltely, he did not give away that the both of them literally were his only friends. That would´ve made the whole situation even more awkward.

They began to hang around together whenever their scedules allowed it. But as friendly as V was towards them and as much fun they had together, he would reveal nothing. Everytime somebody asked him questions too private, he would either tell everything and nothing or quickly change the topic. What he did not do was saying that he didn´t want to talk about it. Still, Jungkook got more curious whenever V´s answers were unsatisfying. But it seemed he could do few against it. The other was as detemined to keep his mouth shut as Jungkook was to get to know his secrets. What set them in a patt situation.

One fateful night, luck finally was with Jungkook. V had had a rather bad day and had went to the bar Jungkook had recommended to him weeks ago. Without knowing so, Jungkook later arrived and found a completely drunk V bragging nonsense while already half asleep. His favourite drink long forgotten, the younger took him on his back and brought him back to the apartment he officially didn´t even know. Thankfully the older was too drunk to notice how Jungkook touched him in several places as he searched for his key. He finally pulled it out of a small pocket hidden on the inside of his jacket. Nervously, the artist opened the door to the apartment, not knowing what awaited him on the other side.

He was surprised of the tidyness. The interiour was kept simple but with a trace of modern luxury. Jungkook carried the dozing V to the huge bed, carefully laid him down and tucked him in. He reassured that the other was really sleeping before he started to investigate. The opportunity was too good to go to waste. And he didn´t sniff around much. Just a little bit.

The first thing catching his interest was the considerably expensive wardrobe, a big amount of the clothes being neatly tucked away Gucci pieces.

The second thing was an old plush lion sitting on top of a shelf. Cute, Jungkook thought to himself.

He was just about to leave the room as V began to stirr in his sleep. Soon he started trashing around and let out small whimpers. Worried, Jungkook returned to his side and tried to wake him up from the nightmare. With no effort. Cold sweat ran down the olders forehead, his eyeballs twitched behind firmly closed lids and his panting grew heavy.

"No no no no", he winced, throwing himself from one side to the other. "I promise not to say anyone, so please..." He began to sob.

"Aaah, no! It hurts! Please stop." Tears streamed down his face. Jungkook stood next to the bed, eyes wide open in shock. V frantically pulled on his blanket. "Just let me go already, pleaaase. I-I won´t tell anybody about the Black fox, I swear. Let me gooo..."

With that, V went silent again. Only small whimpers escaped him as he continued to cry in his sleep.

Jungkook tried to process what he had whitnessed right now. Had V been a prisoner? What had been done to him? And who or what was the Black fox? Too many questions. And he was positive that he wouldn´t like the answers.

As careful as possible, the young artist took the other´s hand in his and indeed spotted two thin scars around both wrists. Reminding him a lot of wounds caused by shackles. Breathing became difficult. Jungkook spinned around. He needed to get ot of here. Right now! After once V´s hair, he hurried out of the apartment. As soon as cold night air hit him he began to run. The whole way back home. But the image of a sobbing and pleading V wouldn´t leave his mind.