chapter 20

Which piece of art is perfect though?

Thump.

The heavy bags fuelled with vegetables, meat, bread, sweets and whatever else Jimin had bought fell on the floor, ingredients spilling on the floor.

"Jungkook... what the hell happened here?"

The artist slowly turned around. Jimin would only call him by his first name if he had messed up big-time. He couldn´t hold it against his friend that he had done so right now. For he was sitting in the middle of the living room, a knife in his hand, surrounded by tiny shreds of painted canvas. The stripes and pieces got more in proximity to his atelier, where they were building piles. On the walls leaned empty wooden frames, robbed from their paintings, some remnants of the canvas still dangling on the rim. Like skeletons, or maybe slowly rotting corpses. Jungkook was quite satisfied with his doing. No painting or drawing of Taehyung had been left unharmed. Payback for a bleeding heart. By now, he had calmed down and only sat there, staring into nothingness. Though that was just a farce. Inside of him the destructive hot rage kept boiling, burning him out and eating him up. But he didn´t intend on letting the monsters show themselves, least to his best friend. No, he wouldn´t let Taehyung win, he wouldn´t satisfy him with showing any longer how much the betrayal affected him. So his voice was very calm, void of emotions, as he answered his friend´s accusing question.

"Taehyung played with me."

"You mean he dumped you?"

"...Sort of."

Jimin sighed, then bent over to put back the bought stuff. Running a hand through his silver hair, he shuffled to the couch and plopped down. "Why do we both get dumped in the same month? That´s far from being fair."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Surprise,hyung. Life is not fair!"

"Why do you have to be like this?", Jimin complained.

The maknae was still unimpressed. "Seriously? Maybe because I got dumped? Why is it okay for you to weep all night long and cling to me for dear life - while having very bad breath by the way, what did you even eat that night? - but I am not allowed to say something moody?"

"How dare you, you meanie!", the elder shrieked. "Because you only got 'sort of' dumped, that´s why."

Jungkook didn´t respond to that. However, if Jimin was curious about something, he wouldn´t stop and let things be just like that. What could be quite a pain in the . But one got used to it. And it was wise to answer all of his questions at once or the target of question would never get a rest. Jungkook was well aware of this. So he explained himself before his friend could ask, as he had heard the curiousity barely held back at the last statement. The artist went over to the chair next to the couch and told his friend what he had learned. And for once, he did not get interrupted.

Jungkook ended and it went silent. Both men were brooding about their own thoughts, digesting the latest events.

"You know, my ex-boyfriend is a police officer here too", Jimin somewhen said in an obviously desperate attempt to break the silence and commence a smooth conversation. But Jungkook didn´t feel like it. Not a bit.

"So what?"

"So, uhm, what´s the name of your... source of information?"

The young artist was now slightly annoyed by his best friend. "Dunno", he snapped and made a point to not ask him any further.

Which Jimin ignored. As he was curious now and he wouldn´t rest unless he had answers. "Then, how does he look like?"

Jungkook glared at him. He really wasn´t in the mood for an interview. Why couldn´t his bothersome hyung let him soak in self-pity? "Ya, stop annoying me! Normal, okay? Short brown hair, normal eyes, normal nose, normal mouth. Tiny scar above his eye. Pale. Normal height. Happy now?" He got up and left, not waiting for a reply. He had important business to do. Like, being mad at Taehyung and thinking of what to say at their next encounter. But he heard Jimin whisper 'I have a bad feeling' nevertheless. Whatever. So, where was he? Right, if Taehyung would come over to visit as if nothing had happened, he would first slam him the door in his face of a-

"Kookie, I decided what to dooo! I will take my revenge on that ty bastard who dumped me and spy on him, what do you say, wanna join?"

"JI-MIN, SHUT UP!"

 


Another slap in his face. Taehyung´s body hurt everywhere. His cheeks were numb from the countless slaps of today. He was lucky they had hit him only with their bare hands today and not with those metal things around their knuckles.

"Why did you stop counting?", the man above him growled.

A boy next to him smirked. "If you stop keeping count, we need to start over, as you know...", he chimed excitedly. The man cracked his knuckles, an evil grin spreading on his unshaved face. He raised his hand for another strike, as a woman barged in.

"Wait, we can give this to him first", she proclaimed. In her hand was a little bottle with yellowish-green liquid.

The boy´s and man´s expression lightened up at the suggestion.

"What a great idea", the boy sqealed, clapping his hands.

The woman got closer and opened the bottle. "Drink", she demanded as she forcefully pulled back Taehyung´s head and shoved the bottle in his mouth. Tears stung in his eyes. He could feel blood leaking from where the woman had pulled out a handful of his hair and the liquid burned on his chapped lips.

"This is for my brother, you little piece of ", the woman hissed in his ear, voice too low to be heard by her companions. "I promise to make you pay."