Chapter 26

This Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So?" Mr. Jeon asked, asked as he sat in front of the two boys, his wife sitting right beside him, nervously.

"I- We are dating, Dad."

"Jungkook, he's a guy."

"I know that, I know that he's a guy just like me but what you need to know is he loves me just like I do." Jungkook said before he got up and kneeled down in front of his father, who had a blank face from the start, he took his father's hands into his, before looking at him.

"Dad, there is nothing wrong with loving the same gender as yours, what matters is only love. You used to tell me and hyung how Mom chased after you, you told us about the love that you share, you can't be that cold to not accept love." Jungkook caressed his father's hand with his thumb, as he looked at the ageing skin.

"I love you both, alot and want to take care of you, that was also Hyung's last favor he asked from me that I should never let you down, so I pushed that guy sitting behind me for so long that I hurt him so much and almost lost him. B-But I couldn't dad," Jungkook sobbed, his tears rolled down from his cheeks to their intertwined hands.

"J-Jung-"

"You know when I told him about the reason why I held back, h-he told me that if I ever have to choose between you guys and him, I should wihtout any thought choose you, because love between us can fade but families are forever. He was ready to send me away as soon as we came together so I won't hurt you."

"Jungkook." Mr. Jeon said, before removing his hands from his son's grasp. He smiled fondly at his son, who was dumbfounded as tears stopped, he patted his son's head.

"I am lucky to have you, I have no issues with you dating Taehyung."

"R-Really dad?" Mr. Jeon nodded.

"T-then why di-"

"I-I did not accept Jaehoonie's relationship and confession because of some past experience that just came at that moment, how could I be disgusted of my own son, I love you both so much. I told him to leave and without uttering a word that punk left, I thought he'll wait for me to calm down b-but he didn't. I had sent him a voice message saying I love him and asked him to come back but what came was that phone call from police."

"Dad,"

"Was I such a bad father, Jungkookie that he opted to take his life?  As a father couldn't I even scold him?" Jungkook quickly enveloped his father in a tight hug, while his mother was trying to be calm not to make the situation more than it is hectic right now. Taehyung quickly got up from his place, and walked to the father son duo, and kept his hand on Mr. Jeon's arm.

"Mr. Jeon, I know I don't have much say in here, but you weren't a bad dad, if you were then neither Jungkook or Jaehoon hyung would have come to tell you about their love preference, though late but they did, right?" Mr. Jeon nodded, as Jungkook wiped his tears, as he sat beside him. Jungkook's mother went to get water for everyone. Taehyung took her seat, and turned to Mr. Jeon again.

"If you were a bad dad both of them would've just went on with their lives without telling you, for Jaehoon hyung he loved you alot and I can tell it by the way Jungkook and my hyung described him. If he didn't loved and respected you he would've yelled and fought with you that day, instead he told Kookie that he'll wait till your anger comes down, he did not reveal who his boyfriend was so that you won't cut ties with them too resulting in no news from you for Jaehoon Hyung."

"Also there is something else you should know that Jungkook will tell you," Taehyung looked at his nervous boyfriend before nodding.

"Dad, there are ch-chances that Hyung didn't kill himself." 

"W-What?" Jungkook's mother who had just entered the room, was shocked and quickly made her way to his son.

"It's true Mom, Taehyung's friend is helping us, he's a police officer, and he said circumstantial evidences say that it might not be a suicide."

"W-we are going

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter