Different outlook

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In front of a tall building, a young man stepped out of his expensive car dressed in an elegant suit and gelled hair. As soon as his foot landed on the ground the security, a man in his late 40’s came running to him “G..good morning sir” he greeted in a shivering tone, his eyes set on the ground. The young man adjusted his shades and gave the car keys to the elderly. As if he got what he meant the security took the car to park it in the basement.

The young man took his steady steps proceeding towards the building.  Spotting him people started greeting him. The women were swooning over his presence. Though he wasn’t tall but he was just perfect, his sharp jawline, his symmetrical face, his cold, intimidating eyes and his plump lips. In addition to that his broad shoulders and just enough arm muscles were creating a harmony with his handsome face. He is a definition of a perfect man, rich, intelligent, confident and handsome. He was a perfect combination of everything a girl dreams of having in her man. He walked forward giving a slight nod, as if returing their greetings maintaining his sight in the front.

His personal assistant noticed his presence “Good morning boss” he followed him, matching his pace while he entered his gigantic room.

Comfortably taking a seat in his large chair he questioned “Did you send the quotation?”.

His P.A, jungshin answered simultaneously handing him some files “Yes sir, also your father…” he stopped when kyungsoo gave him a stern look, also raising his eyebrows.

“Sorry sir, i mean…. chairman has ordered you to sign these files urgently” he explained gulping.

The young man nodded and was immersed in studying the files kept on the table when suddenly the door opened with a bang and barged in another young man tall, handsome and cheerful. He walked towards him carefree and threw a magazine on the table.

“Mr.Do kyungsoo, an aspiring, young business man, CEO of Do group of companies, cracks another important deal of worth 100 millions” he read the headlines on the front cover of the magazine, also showing it to the young man.

The young man placed a victory smirk on his lips looking at the man in front “Kim seokjin, this kind of news are not new for me. You know when Do kyungsoo, decides something he gets it” he praised himself ignoring his congratulatory statement.

“By the way, don’t you ever barge in my room in that manner” kyungsoo said teasing him.

He glared at his PA jungshin “Do i have to point out everything? Out now!!”.

Jungshin hesitated “Sir, the files…..”

Kyungsoo snubbed “Don’t make me repeat jungshin…..you know i never sign files just like that……so get your out of here” he said in his arrogant tone. With in a second jungshin hurried out of the room. He released his held breath which he was holding for a long time.

Seokjin smirked as soon as they were left alone “Kyungsoo……This…because of this attitude of yours, people are afraid of you. Go out and listen to how people talk about you, saying you are cocky, arrogant and that you have got a terrible temper” he answered ignoring his threat.

“Jin, how many times should i remind you i am D.O….you better call me that” his jaw clenched. Jin raised his hands in defeat.

Kyungsoo just shook his head well aware of jin’s personality. He was the only one who could treat kyungsoo that way perhaps because he was his close friend. Others only fear him and he loves that trembling look in their eyes.

“It is not like they are lying. They have to obey me since they are my employees. If i am not strict they will start taking me lightly and…… i hate it” he reasoned looking in the files except the last part where he looked straight into his friend’s eyes.

Jin gave in unable to argue any further as he knows he can’t win against his friend kyungsoo.

“What did you come here for? Don’t you have a company to control? Why do you keep running here every day?” kyungsoo frowned showing disgust in his eyes.

Jin protested “Good….well done my friend” he clapped with sarcasm.

“Here, i am to give the information you wanted and you keep pushing me away. Fine, i am going back” he whined and took his steps back.

“Jin, I don’t have time for your nonsensical and dramatic plays…..just bark” he demanded. Jin can only pout as his plan of making him apologize failed.

He threw a file at kyungsoo with a grin on his face “Somebody is leaking your important information to a different firm. The only thing i could collect was that he belongs to this company and i somehow managed to get the information back before it gets spread….so thank me and treat me” he said in one flow.

Kyungsoo took a long sigh suppressing his anger, quickly picked the intercom. His secretary seolhyun answered the call “Sir??” she answered hurriedly.

“Send jungshin in and bring coffee for jin and for me the regular” kyungsoo ended the call with just that.

Jungshin came inside hurriedly and stood in front of him. Kyungsoo threw the file jin handed, to his PA.

“Jungshin…I want you to dig in to records, regarding that man who betrayed me. He dares to meddle with me, leaking our company information to a rival. Come back to me in 15 minutes….you know what happens if you are late?” he ordered with a fury.

I hate it when people disobey me or play with me. That bas**** is gonna regret it badly.

The personal assitant hesitated, later sighed watching him busy and took his steps back.

Kyungsoo was a perfectionist and believed in a perfect work ethics. He was stern and perfect leader at his work, also a man who hated negligence and expected no room for mistakes.

Seolhyun entered the room, wearing a tight blouse with a bit of cleavage showing and a pencil skirt. She handed the coffee to jin while he grinned watching her. He winked at the lovely lady while she blushed.  Kyungsoo who noticed it gave disgusted look to jin. She handed kyungsoo his black coffee without sugar since he hated sweet things.

Seolhyun who was walking out was stopped by kyungsoo “Next time, you dress up in an inappropriate way and you will be fired” he frowned.

She hung her head down trembling in fear “That…..Boss i have to go on a date after work so…” she made an excuse.

“Do i have to explain to each and every person in this office that i hate listening to a no?” he snapped, his eyes red with fury.

“I am sorry boss….this will not happen again” she said, was in the verge of tears and left the room.

“Women!!!” He rolled his eyes only to see jin sipping his coffee silently, taking a look at him once in a while.

“Shoot!!” he ordered and jin yapped “That’s why no girl comes near you. When they come you push them away? I mean how will you…..” blah… blah…..his lecture went on for while.

Kyungsoo was amused how much does he speak. It was true women flock on him but he never cared. He is not used to going after women but they throw themselves at him. Yet he never cares, as he knows they are just after his wealth and success not him as a person. They fail to see his heart but have eyes on his property.

His trail of thoughts was disturbed with a knock on the door and entered his PA in precisely 13 minutes he was given.

“Boss, the job is done. I found out. He is presently in this place” he said. Kyungsoo grinned watching the files he handed.

That is the reason he is my PA…he does his job perfectly and i like perfection.

Jin gave a quizzical look to kyungsoo and his lips turned up. He knows how to drag that man and punish for his betrayal. Ofcourse, he does everything legally.

Kyungsoo stood up “Let’s go my friend, tackle this bug” he smirked at jin while he nodded. Jungshin followed him.

Kyungsoo happened to notice his staff in a group chatting with each other and laughing while was heading towards the building exit. He took his steps towards them while jin and jungshin followed.

“I don’t pay you money for cracking jokes and laughing but for the work you do” he said in his arrogant tone while they were startled.

Their lips quivered and eyes widened watching their boss “Sir, this…is not..” a man could not complete his sentence.

Kyungsoo snubbed “Jungshin!!”. The PA stood besides him immediately.

Kyungsoo continued “I want their resignations on my table tomorrow” he walked forward not listening to their pleas. Jungshin stopped them when kyungsoo was about to speak.

“If boss has decided nothing can be changed” he reasoned.

See this is why he is my PA.

Kyungsoo smiled inwardly but outside was his same straight face and left the place. Jin left out a sigh as he could see the eyes pleading him to help them. He winked implying he will take care.

As they were about to enter the car, kyungsoo stopped “Jungshin, take a leave today” he ordered. Jin smiled listening to that. His PA stood shocked.

“What’s with that face? I told you to take a leave not quit” he said with a serious face. The secretary turned pale, thinking how he will survive if he lost this job.

“I mean isn’t you wife at hospital for delivery?” kyungsoo questioned him, mostly teasing that he is going to be a father soon.

The secretary felt relieved, his eyes welled up at his boss’s concern.

“Thank you boss….thank you so much” he said wiping his tears as he hesitated the whole day.

“Go on…and oh…take this money, you might need it” he said handing a bunch of notes to him.

He smiled and took money after kyungsoo pressurized, later ordered like a boss.

“And also tell that secretary of mine to take a leave and go on a date. Also those guys, no need to fire them i just wanted to teach them a lesson” he explained with a straight face. Jungshin left after thanking him a number of times.

Jin who was in the car already, grinned listening to the conversation “D.O made somebody happy again?” he qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter