Wedding day

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Finally, the wedding day arrived. Namjoo was in the house dressed as a bride. It was a long lacy gown with a transparent veil on her head. The dress was specially designed for her on kyungsoo’s request. Of course, both selected it together.

A diamond necklace on her neck complemented her dress. Her hair was set into a messy bun. She looked gorgeous.

The venue was a luxurious hotel which was owned by him. The decorations and other arrangements were spectacular. They decided to have a simple wedding with only few important people invited and away from the media.

Kyungsoo didn’t want her to be uncomfortable on this auspicious day and his parents accepted that things should be kept private.

She breathed in and out a number of times looking at herself in the mirror.

I never thought i would be wearing a wedding dress. It all looks like a dream to me. It seemed impossible to me, to get married, to think that somebody will be willing to marry me but this is happening, finally. Somehow, I am still scared of my future. I hope this life goes smoothly without any bumps. I truly hope so because i don’t have any strength to take more pain.

“Namjoo, it is time” said her mother bringing her back to reality.

“We need to leave or else we will not arrive on time” she expressed. Agreeing namjoo got up from the seat. Though there was lots of time left for the ceremony they didn’t want to take a risk. They started way early than the stated time.

Her father was at the car waiting for her. Ignoring him she got into the car. When yerim was about to enter her father stopped “This car is sent by son in law especially for namjoo. You go and get in another car” he ordered.

Namjoo who heard that was puzzled why he isn’t allowing her to enter as there was enough space in the car. He got into the passenger seat and driver started the car immediately on his order.

Yerim and her mother hopped into another car with some of the relatives but before their car started the bride’s car took off.

After travelling for few minutes, namjoo was quite bored looking outside the window. Her father complemented she was looking beautiful while she gave a suspicious glance at him. She didn’t want to be rude in front of driver as kyungsoo’s family sent him to fetch them.

She just gave a slight nod and continued viewing outside. Her heart was thumping due to the nervousness. She was finally on the way to start her new life.

After a while, the car stopped suddenly. Namjoo was perplexed with the sudden jerk.

“What’s wrong?” her father asked the driver concerned. Namjoo just listened to the reply.

“Sir, i will check” he said getting down the car saying even he was unsure why the car stopped suddenly as he double checked before coming.

Namjoo’s father got down too to see if something was wrong. Namjoo became tensed. Though there was enough time for the ceremony she suddenly got anxious due to this sudden occurrence of a problem.

Few minutes passed by but both of them were unable to figure out the problem with the car. Anxiousness grew and namjoo got down the car to check if the problem was solved.

“Maam, i am sorry looks like we need to call the mechanic. It will just take a few minutes. I am sure we can reach the venue in time. I will just go and bring the mechanic” he suggested.

“But” namjoo objected but her father accepted immediately “Or else we will be late” he expressed.

Namjoo accepted hesitantly and requested him to get back urgently.

The driver left. Her father suggested they should inform others about it. He excused giving the reason of bad signal on his mobile phone and went a bit far.

Namjoo was standing on the road alone inhaling and exhaling in nervousness.

A car screeched beside her and she turned around puzzled only to notice few unknown men jumping out of it and grabbing her.

She shrieked, shouting for help “What are you doing? Who??” she kept fighting back but the men were so strong that they succeeded in pulling her and dumping her in the car with ease.

Panciking namjoo shouted to her father for help “Mr.Kim……Mr.Kim….help me!!!” she screamed but he didn’t even look at her side. Ignition of the car was on and soon they departed taking namjoo away.

A man in the car grinned “My bride looks so beautiful” he commented and namjoo gave a scared look to him. He was ugly looking, tall with a square shaped face and long moustache. His two teeth were falling on lips which reminded her of a dracula. “Who….who are you?” she succeeded to let out the words from .

“Where are you taking me?” she demanded, screaming. The man placed his hand on keeping her shut. “Don’t talk. You can only open this mouth of yours at our marriage” he said grinning widely while his men, a group of three laughed evilly.

Terror took over her mind “Marriage?....No…..let go” she tried to jump out of the moving vehicle thinking if not she will not have any other chance.

The men tied her hands as she tried to escape a number of times. Fear took over her mind “Please let go. Today is my marriage...please” she pleaded her ultimate chance to escape. The same man laughed “Of course, it is with me” he said.

Defeated namjoo kept thnking how to escape, she couldn’t think who these people were and out of no where she was captured by them and on that this person says she is going to be his bride. Recollecting kyungsoo must be waiting for her, she was depressed.

On the other side, kyungsoo was wearing a black tuxedo. He looked spectacular with his hair styled at the back. He was a nervous wreck. He didn’t understand why he was so nervous all of a sudden. He sat in the venue hall, ordering jungshin about the preparations while the PA assured everything was taken care of. His father patted his shoulder telling him to relax and he smiled in return. He hugged him immediately feeling emotional that his only son is getting married. “Dad” kyungsoo patted his back telling him not to do that. The elderly laughed, breaking the hug he gave a loving looking at his grown up son.

His mother joined them and gently touched his cheeks. Sowon giggled looking at him. That made him irriatated as she was doing it since morning. Kyungsoo thought atleast jin , his cousins and friends would understand his situation but everybody was in a mood to pull his leg. “Yeah, have fun!!” he snarled at them and walked away from the stage. These guys are pissing me off. I wonder if lollipop started. I will check it. He searched for the phone but noticed he left it somewhere. Gosh, now where is my phone? He went in search of it.

Here namjoo was in a panicked state. She didn’t know what she should do and how to get out of this situation. If she didn’t her whole life will be spoiled and kyungsoo would be in an impression that she stood him up in their wedding. Kyungsoo-ssi, what should I do? Help me please…God please help me.

Looking herself dressed as a bride in the mirror she teared up. First she controlled herself, and thought of ideas. Recollecting she has a phone in her clutch which was hanging on her wrist, she took it sneaking under the layers of her dress.

The car stopped suddenly at a lonely place and they dragged her inside. A priest was ready inside to start the wedding. Namjoo struggled in his grip “Please let me go. i….dont want to marry you…..pl…ease” she begged him continuously, except for that she didn’t have any option. Sadly, her plea didn’t reach his ears at all “Let’s start the wedding” he commanded.

“Please…..at least…..let me go to the bathroom…..” she thought of a plan. Miraculously, the guy accepted when she agreed to get married to him later. Namjoo was guided to the bathroom. Thankfully, she was left alone. Their decency gave her a chance to escape. It was not even a second, a guy shouted from outside “Done?”.

 “N…no” she replied scared. Immediately, she dialed kyungsoo’s number as he was only one she could think of at such a time. She didn’t want to rely on the police at all. The ring went on for a while but he didn’t receive her call. Please kyungsoo-ssi….please pick up. The tears she kept holding in till now rolled down her cheeks helplessly.

Meanwhile, kyungsoo was busy searching for his lost phone. Where the hell did it go? He kept searching in every corner.

Sowon came from behind “Are you looking for something bro?” she asked teasingly. Her game still continued. “Monkey, did you see my phone?” he asked ignoring her grin. “Ah…is it this one?” she asked pointing to her hand.

 Kyungsoo breathed a sigh of relief noticing it was really his “ah…thanks sowon” he said taking it but sowon smirked “Nope…not giving. You want to talk to sister in law right?” she wriggled her eyebrows. Controlling his anger he requested her to give it back but she shook her head “Nope” she said and ran away.

He was in disbelief “Monkey!!” he ran after her while sowon screamed “Insung bro!!” she threw the phone to him. He caught it and they were passing it to each other, playing with him.

“Guys, this is not funny at all” he scowled. As he got irriated it was more fun for them. The phone rang in their hands suddenly and namjoo’s name flashed on the screen. “Oh its sister in law….Hmm???” sowon teased. Kyungsoo’s eyes gleamed and tried to snatch it away. After troubling him, kyungsoo was finally able to get a hold of his phone. The phone kept ringing.

On the other hand namjoo was anxious as he wasn’t picking up the phone. Wiping her tears she kept it closer to her ear. Finally, the call was received “Hello?” kyungsoo said from the other side.

Relieved to hear his voice namjoo spoke urgently “Kyun….kyungsoo-ssi” she sobbed as she couldn’t hold it anymore.

Listening to her voice his smile faded “Lollipop??.....what??  Are you crying?” he asked worried.

“Hey, are you done?” the same guy banged the door, who was guarding namjoo. Immediately she spoke to kyungsoo “Help…..help me…..uu….please” she kept crying unable to speak a word.

His friends and cousins disturbed him thinking they were talking some lovey dovey talks. Kyungsoo shouted on top of his lungs irritatedly and they froze noticing the seriousness in his eyes. “L….lollipop?” he spoke calmly.

Jin was worried and quickly came to his side. Sowon was tensed too. Kyungsoo showed his eyes to jin and he understood immediately “Woah, D.O is pissed off.. let’s go before he kicks us out” he joked, changing the mood and send them all.

Sowon was dubious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter