Change

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo drove off to his house from the middle of the party. Suddenly, the party looked dull and boring to him which was quite confusing. He didn’t even inform his family and left the place silently.

He parked his car in front of his house and stepped out. The butler came to him running and took the keys.

“Any important calls?” kyungsoo asked.

“No, sir” he replied folding his hands. Kyungsoo nodded and hurried to his room.

He removed his coat and tossed it on the bed. He loosened his tie and threw it aside.

Letting out a sigh, he fell on his bed blankly staring at the ceiling. He closed his eyes but all he could see was the expression the girl he saved showed him, the tears in her eyes which seemed like shining jewels.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes suddenly and sat up straight in the bed.

He sighed and hit his hand in frustration “Damn it!!” he shouted as his mind was filled with nothing but her.

He groaned in pain as he hit his hurt hand unconsciously “Ouch…ah” he muttered under his breath.

“Why did i even hurt my hand for her?” he questioned himself frowning.

He touched the scarf gently with his fingers. His eyes sparkled and lips turned up recollecting her crying for him.

“Weird girl, she can hurt herself for a kid she hardly knows and also smile hiding her pain….but when i did the same for her, she started crying watching my wounded hand” he mumbled smiling at her innocence.

“Lollipop, you are one weird girl i tell you” he muttered smiling.

Crap, I forgot to ask her name.

“Oh man, why am i so worked up over a girl, that too a stranger?” he questioned raising his eyebrows.

A sudden knock on the door made him break his thoughts “Yes?” he answered.

His cook came in “Sir, do you need anything?” he asked nervously afraid he will shout.

Kyungsoo was rather disturbed “Black coffee with out sugar. Make it strong my head is about to burst” he answered rubbing his temple. The cook left after his order.

Ruffling his hair in frustration he decided to take a bath. Tossing his shirt in the laundry basket he left to the bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror setting his hair but noticed the scarf still on his hand.

Closing his eyes, he sighed in frustration. He removed the scarf from his hand and dropped it on the counter.

Turning on the water he stood under the shower. Warm water dropped from the shower on his head. He hoped it will cool his head down but nope as soon as he shut his eyes he could see the girl in the golden dress smiling happily because of the rose petals showering on her.

He opened his eyes and shook his head in disbelief.

“Those guys, it is all because of that senseless game” he muttered under his breath, cursing his friends and cousins.

After a relaxing bath, he slurped the hot coffee but it was tasteless too. He kept it aside and took some files in his hands to divert his mind but that didn’t work either.

Pushing aside the files and deciding to sleep he rested on the bed but it was another effortless task, as he could not get a wink of sleep.

His phone rang at the right time and he took the call noticing it was his father “Dad?” he answered.

“Where are you? You left the party without informing us. I wanted to discuss something with you” he shot the words.

“Dad, i had some urgent work. Anyway, the party came to end so i decided to leave” he explained nervously.

The call ended and he was asked to come home for some discussion. Kyungsoo shrugged it thinking it must be something office related.

 

The car ride to namjoo’s place went in silence which was definitely new in their lives. Yerim couldn’t hide her curiousity “Namjoo?” she whispered, poking her. Namjoo brushed her finger and kept looking outside. Yerim gave up and left her alone.

As soon as they entered the house, namjoo didn’t even give an opportunity to talk. She knows it will be an endless discussion regarding the party and the proposal. Saving herself from this trouble, she decided to be alone for tonight. She left to the rooftop and sat under the shining stars. Grabbing the diary she penned down the words which were whirling inside her heart.

“What a weird day it was. I ended up crying twice today. One because i heard something i shouldn’t have and other was…..because of him. Strange isn’t it? The care and affection i was always longing for and expected, my own family never bothered to give me but a stranger….he explained me how it feels if you are cared by somebody. I always helped others, always cared for others but today was the first time somebody cared for me. I never thought me; a person who never cared about such things would be deeply touched by his concern. I felt so happy that my sadness which was locked came rushing to my eyes in the form of tears. I never realized being saved, being protected could feel so special. For the first time in my life, somebody saved me without hoping for something in return. His cold and intimidating eyes showed warmth towards me, which i have never felt before in anybody’s eyes. I.... felt happy. I don’t know if he is written in my fate or not but the man named kyungsoo will always be in my memory for his kind act, as a kind person i met once.”

Namjoo smiled closing the dairy. For the first time ever she closed the diary with smile on her face not tears in her eyes. Even if her eyes were moist that was just because she was happy. She left to her room, rested her head on the bed. To her surprise she slept instantly. Well, she took somebody else’s sleep without realizing.

Kyungsoo reached his office in the morning in a frazzled state as he slept late at night overworking. Actually, it was to avoid possible distractions.

Leaning on his big chair in his room he sighed for the n th time. His PA jungshin noticed his restlessness “Sir, coffee?” he asked thinking he was tired.

He snapped “Hmm??...oh…better” he answered looking he was waiting for his answer.

Jungshin arranged for a coffee.

Few minutes later the door opened with a knock. Kyungsoo lifted his head only to notice namjoo at the door.

He was surprised and got up from his seat.

“Sir?? Boss?” he was brought back to reality when jungshin’s voice reached his ears.

“Coffee” he handed him the cup.

Kyungsoo took it into his hands and turned to the door where there was nobody. He placed the cup on the table and sighed.

He signed some files after reading them carefully. There was no room for slacking and he knows that better than anybody else.

His hand hurt a lot while working. Jungshin who observed suggested “Boss, it is better if you see a doctor, i think you hurt your hand” he suggested.

Kyungsoo glanced at his hand and then to the pocket where the scarf was stuffed. He recollected how the girl he met was crying with those big sparkly eyes and how her hands trembled while touching a stranger. Again, a smile crept on his lips.

His PA was a bit surprised watching that as he never has seen him that inattentive and lost at work.

Snapping from the thoughts, kyungsoo cleared his throat “I don’t have time for these things. We better get to work. Please refrain from unnecessary talks in the office jungshin” he ordered.

“Yes, boss” he answered apologetically, thinking he was clearly mistaken about his attitude.

“Jungshin, give me the details of today’s meetings” he ordered.

“Yes, boss. There is a meeting at 11 am in the ……..” jungshin continued with his details while kyungsoo kept listening to them patiently.

Meanwhile, namjoo wanted to avoid the topic of the marriage today at house so she left to shop with hyesung for her wedding. Whenever she is with hyesung she has a great time. She was like a moodmaker. No matter what trouble she is in if she is with her she forgets everything.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter