Revelation

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One fine noon, kyungsoo finished his work and came back from the office early as he promised namjoo to take her out on a date. The butler greeted him as soon as he arrived at the door “Where’s she?” he enquired and staff informed “Maam, is in her room boss”.

He strided towards his room, opening the door slowly he entered only to see namjoo hurrying to get ready. Placing his finger on his lips he kept watching her who was immersed in wearing earrings. “Lollipop, please pay attention to your husband too” he commented. Startled namjoo turned around; spotting him she rushed to him “Kyungsoo-ssi” she happily welcomed him.

Watching her happy, his eyes lit in excitement. She was dressed in a navy blue lace dress and left her hair open. Her make up was light and her dress was decent. His eyes glinted “You are looking beautiful” he complemented. Playing with her toes she averted her eyes.

She is blushing? That means she liked the complement. He smiled brightly. “Go and freshen up” she suggested. “Yes maam” he bent forward and obeyed. Shaking her head, with a smile she continued with her work. A knock on the door disturbed her “Maam, juice” the butler handed it to her. “Thank you” she took it in and shut the door. Kyungsoo came out dressed into a black turtle neck. He loves black, doesn’t he? Well, it Suits him. Namjoo giggled secretly.

He is looking handsome. Should I tell him? No, what if he thinks i am checking him out. Idiot…he is your husband….. Her thoughts were put on a break as kyungsoo was in front of her watching her with a smile “You can tell me i am handsome” he commented as if he read her mind.

Startled she shook her head despondently “I don’t think you are handsome” she twisted .

Instead of getting mad he smiled “Oh, why are you blushing then?” he raised his brows and a grin plastered on his face. Stepping back shyly “We are getting late” she immediately handed the juice and rushed out of the room. He laughed at her silliness.

 

Stepping out of the car, they entered the restaurant together. Food was ordered, this time namjoo was forced to express her taste. “This place is beautiful” she started the conversation. “Hmm…it is my favourite place. This restaurant is ours” he revealed.

Surprised namjoo glanced at the interior. It was modern yet has this traditional touch to it. His taste was always consistent as the other restaurant and the hotel they got married in was decorated similarly. Kyungsoo smiled watching her “Do you like it?” he asked. She nodded her head.

“Don’t you want to know how many restaurants we own or how many companies we have? You never asked” he questioned. She felt happy how he was using words such as ours, us and we. It gave a feeling of closeness.

Shaking her head “No matter how many masterialistic things are there in ones life it cannot be compared to happiness and love, this i have learnt through my life” she seriously revealed lost deep in thoughts. She was exactly as he imagined her to be and he was proud his choice was right.

“Right, as you said happiness and love are the most important things in life” he agreed. Snapping from her thoughts she smiled at him. “But as my wife, you need to know these things. After all, you are sharing your life with me” he declared.

“Things like my salary, property, and bank balance…it necessary for you to know” he announced. She looked at him intently and wondered how thoughtful can somebody be. The environment she grew up in was completely different. Her father never gave her a penny nor to her mother. She didn’t even know how much he earned and how much he saved.

“Lollipop” he called and she was surprised “Yeah” she answered. Showing his phone “Got to take a call” he hesitated. She nodded implying to go ahead.

He excused himself and namjoo looked around. Her eyes landed on a family of three happily dining together. The little girl kept smiling; her eyes were shining looking at the food at the table. Her parents were feeding her happily. Namjoo smiled but teared up thinking she never had those moments in the past. Quickly she wiped her eyes when the girl smiled at her. Smiling back at her, she turned her head only to see kyungsoo coming back.

Taking a seat he noticed her eyes moist. “The air” she reasoned before he could ask. He nodded still not satisfied with her answer as he saw her wiping her tears off earlier. She smiled at the little girl who kept watching her. Puzzled he asked “You know them?”. She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders “I was watching them. They look happy” she commented.

Resting his hands on the table “Just that they look happy doesn’t mean they are happy” he commented. Namjoo glanced at him puzzled. Pointing to a certain lady “For example that lady over there looks happy to you?” he asked. Namjoo saw the lady who was dressed fancily and wore expensive jewellery but her smile was so sad. It was as if she was faking it.

“She is totally faking it” he declared. Namjoo looked at him puzzled. “What?” he questioned why was she looking at him like that. She shook her head “How did you know?” she was curious.

“I am a business man. I meet many people who are fake, crude, liars and also frauds. You don’t know what they are thinking unless you study them. And the easy wasy to read them is their behavior….their eyes, face and their habits. This i learnt through my experience in this field” he confidently revealed.

Continuing watching her listening seriously “That is why i don’t assume people are always happy as you don’t know what they have gone through in life even though i study them in that very moment, there are things only they know and have suffered” he expressed. Namjoo froze on hearing that. Her hand trembled.

“Instead of thinking people are happy and pitying yourself about your situation i think people should be happy in what they have. Also they might have got that happiness after many trails. You never know. And who knows what miracle your life may give you and bring happiness in your fate too” he smiled looking at her. A smile spread on her lips listening to his words. He was very warm hearted but also a considerate man. You are right. The miracle in my life is you, kyungsoo-ssi…..You introduced me to happiness…… but erasing a pain built through years is not so easy kyungsoo-ssi. Perhaps only people who have gone through that situation will understand. But i wonder why your words are healing. I feel as if i am starting to understand you a little more.

She kept looking at him while he felt awkward as their positions got reversed.

The food was served and their talks were interrupted “Boss, maam, please enjoy” the manager took care. The waiter intervened “Boss?” he asked bringing an expensive looking wine. He poured for him and then glanced at namjoo “Maam”.

Kyungsoo glanced at namjoo while she politely denied “Sorry….i don’t drink” she revealed. The waiter started but was interrupted by kyungsoo. Showing his swift finger movements he dismissed the waiter.

Surprised at her words from before “You don’t?” he confirmed. Raising her eyebrows “Is it that odd?” she queried as if it was a natural thing.

“No….” shaking his head “I am just impressed” he reasoned. His direct complement spread a smile on her lips.

“I mean….i have seen women gulping down bottles of alcohol at the official parties so it is rather refreshing to see a non drinker” he expressed.

Playing with her fingers “I think when a person drinks he loses his sanity. He doesn’t know what he is doing in that state. That vulnerable state where you can commit a mistake i dislike it the most” she explained her reason.

It paved interest in his mind how deeply she thinks “In short, you hate people who drink?” he questioned.

Shaking her head, “Hate is really a big word. I don’t casually use it on just anybody….especially for the people i hardly know. I just dislike people who drink and smoke. They are not only risking their lives but….making people around them uncomfortable” she was serious when she said that.

A smile spread across his face “Well, then you probably dislike me” he declared. “Didn’t you notice?” he queried.

Biting her lips “You do?” she asked finally understanding his words. He shrugged his shoulders and awkwardly drank the wine.

Glancing at him she gave a suspicious look. “What?” he laughed.

“I know” she revealed. “On the first day, i could smell cigarettes near you” she disclosed saying the smell was too strong.

Kyungsoo laughed awkwardly, also hiding his face with his palms, he felt ashamed “Why did you marry me after knowing this?” he straight forwardly asked. Taken aback by his question she was silent. Avoiding it “You don’t smoke at home” she more like questioned.

The topic made him very uncomfortable especially after she expressed her views “Only when i am stressed i do it. That’s… rarely. That’s the reason you never smelled it near me since marriage” he reasoned. She nodded, accepting he is saying the truth. Clearing his throat, he gulped down the wine “God, seriously… do you dislike me?” he looked straight into her eyes.

A chill ran down her spine at his frankness, she decided to be honest watching his worried expression. Shaking her head “Just because somebody has that habit he doesn’t become a bad person. I have seen people who don’t have these habits but is not that good by character” she answered implying about her father who never drank or smoked.

Biting her lower lips as he was still waiting for the answer “I don’t dislike you, if i did i wouldn’t be here as your wife” she answered shyly. Smiling at her, he leaned on the chair. Hesitantly, she played with her fingers “I….hope you don’t drink or smoke” she expressed scared.

Watching his expression “That….i am not imposing on you…it is just….i want you to live a long and healthy life…. together with me” she looked at him with a concerned look. His happiess was undefined. He didn’t know why her words are controlling him so much probably because she is always sincere and caring towards him.

As if heard a joke he kept laughing hysterically. Raising her eyebrows she gave a puzzling look. Wiping the ends of his eyes he smiled at her.

Taking her hands in his “Lollipop, i was just playing with you. I don’t drink, neither do i smoke” he informed. Perplexed she gave a blank look. Chuckling “It’s true i don’t have those habits. Infact, i dislike it just like you” he revealed.

Her jaw dropped recollecting his words earlier “You were making fun of me?” she asked. He raised his hands in the air “It was amusing to watch you. You were so seriously expressing your views so i thought why not play with you a little longer. You didn’t even notice that this isn’t wine but a non alcohol drink. Look” he showed the glass in which wine looking thing was served.

Continuing “Regarding the odour you mentioned insung bro and my business associates were smoking near me that day so it might have stuck to my clothes” he expressed still laughing.

She pouted watching his continous laughter. “You are so innocent.  A passive smoker smokes everyday, you should have known as you never got the smell from me since marriage” he kept laughing.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, you are such a prankster. Here i was so worried for you and you……I am not talking to you” she declared sulking. Cute. He found her adorable.

Containing his laughter “Well, one thing is clear you will not ever dislike me for this reason” he wiggled his eyebrows. Shyly, she hung her head down. Though he played a prank on her, she realized how naughty and childish he is. Ofcourse, she accepted this refreshing side of his.

“I am bad with alcohol. Once i tried it, boy my friends had to face a lot of trouble. Smoking too, tried once but was caught by mom. She kind of threatened me and made a promise to never touch it. Since then i did not” he explained. A smile spread across her face. Everytime i talk to him, spend time with him i see a different side of him. My impression on him keeps getting better and better.

They spoke about things. They were making progress albeit rather slowly. Their conversations are much deeper now and they are slowly coming closer.

“Lollipop, i really had so much fun on this date thanks to you” he expressed.

“I don’t know if i had fun. I only remember you teasing me” she puffed her cheeks. He giggled. I am happy as i got to see a different side of you lollipop.

“Love, we have a movie date too” he reminded he booked tickets for an evening movie and it was time to head to the theatre.

She accepted but her eyes landed on the food. He ordered way too much and most of the food was left untouched even after their stomachs got filled. She felt bad watching it as they used to strive so much in the past for this much food.

Kyungsoo met one of his business associates and was busy talking to him while namjoo was busy in her thoughts. I wish i could give this to somebody in need but i wonder what kyungsoo-ssi will think if i say this.

The waiter was clearing the tables and manager joined him “Maam, i hope you liked our service. Boss makes sure that every customer is satisfied but since you are his partner we would like to hear your opinion too” he requested.

After a second of hesitation “That…the leftovers….” she brought the topic. The manager interrupted “Indeed you are boss’s wife maam. He also raised this point and also thought of a solution. The leftovers from the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter