Plot

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After their visit to namjoo’s place kyungsoo’s family got in to the car and drove off.

Kyungsoo kept looking out of the window recollecting how namjoo has thanked him. Her smile, her eyes which were twinkling while thanking him was engrained in his mind.

His smile was consistent but the arrogant mask on his face made it difficult to read him.

His father finally asked out of curiousity “So, now that you have seen her do you like her?”.

Kyungsoo leaned on the seat, resting his head “Dad, i need some time to think” he expressed.

“But bro” sowon objected.

Kyungsoo interrupted “You stay out of this” he warned for which she kept quiet.

“Well, how did it happen?” he asked his parents curiously as namjoo and her family were complete strangers to them.

His father began telling the story.

 

Kyungsoo’s parents invited their friend who also was a well known match maker.

“Mr. Lim, welcome” said kyungsoo’s father.

The man took a seat when requested. He showed them the girl’s pictures which were equal to their social status.

“These all are from a very well known families, have big business backgrounds. I am sure you can increase your business relations” he said.

“We are searching a bride for my son Mr.Lim not making a business deal. What we care for is a girl who can spread happiness in this family and love my son. I don’t care about her being rich or poor, she must be a kind girl, that’s it” kyungsoo’s mom reasoned strictly.

Mr.lim gulped “I am sorry. Let me search for some more” he said and searched his bag.

While he was checking, a photograph fell down from the bag.

Kyungsoo’s mother noticed that and picked it up. Her lips turned up watching the girl in the picture.

She showed that to her husband and both smiled at each other.

“Mr.Lim, why didn’t you show us this girl’s picture? She looks so beautiful and decent. We liked her” kyungsoo’s father asked.

The man took it in his hands and looked at the picture.

“Mr and Mrs. Do, you better forget about this girl” he explained.

They frowned listening to that.

“But why she is such a beautiful girl” they argued why was he saying that.

“One of my match making friends gave that picture to me today. This girl is not from a rich family. I heard that her father is a bit weird. I don’t know the details as that’s what my friend said….please just forget about her” he explained sincerely.

“I don’t know but we want this girl for our kyungsoo” She declared and her husband agreed to it.

“Please arrange for a meeting with her father. We will talk to him” he requested.

Mr.Lim accepted in defeat and set a meeting date.

 

It was the day of meeting, kyungsoo’s parents were meeting namjoo’s father at a decided place. As they were on the way, their car broke down. They stood outside but a vehicle passing by emitted smoke, simultaneously splashed water on them which resulted in their clothes getting dirty. It was pretty isolated place and it was getting quite late for the meeting. Fortunately, they found a taxi and hired it. On the way they noticed a small clothes shop and purchased clothes. They changed into it. Having no other choice but go along, they reached the designated place.

They met namjoo’s father. He smiled at them as they were in simple clothes and also arrived in a taxi. He smiled and happily greeted them.

“I am sorry we are late. I hope you didn’t wait for a long time” kyungsoo’s father apologized.

“No not at all. I just arrived. I have seen your son’s picture, our mediator send it to me but are you sure you don’t have any problem with my daughter?” he questioned hoping they will say yes.

“Of course, she is perfect for our son” kyungsoo’s mother accepted.

“Fine, then even i accept it” said namjoo’s father excitedly.

“Then, we are arranging a party. Please bring your family. Let the kids see other and decide” kyungsoo’s father suggested.

“Sure, why not?” namjoo’s father accepted.

 

“That’s how they came to the party and rest is history” he concluded.

“Even when we were in those simple clothes he greeted us with a smile” he explained, positively not knowing the real deal.

Kyungsoo nodded on listening to that. Lollipop is a completely different than other girls i have seen mysterious, weird but…...

“So?” his mother broke his thoughts.

“My answer is the same. I will give you my reply later” he expressed to give him time to think about it positively.

If it would have been any other girl his answer would be an absolute no but somehow he thought of considering this proposal positively.

 

At namjoo’s house, discussion started. Yerim glanced at namjoo with those bright eyes. Namjoo ignored her but she continued “His name is Do kyungsoo, 2 yrs older than you. Ceo of his business, completed his studies abroad in a well known university. As soon as he joined their company, their business skyrocketed. In all, a rich, young, handsome and eligible bachelor in town” she read browsing the internet.

Namjoo calmly sipped the green tea without glancing at her once.

Her mother said “I think you should say yes, they are really good people. You know his mother introduced me to her relatives that day. I didn’t feel insecure at all. Though they are wealthy people they didn’t have ego in them” she reasoned happily.

“Yes, sowon is so pretty but so good. She showed me her room and even became my good friend. I liked her, even uncle and auntie were sweet…..but yes only person i didn’t like is their son, kyungsoo” yerim reasoned.

Namjoo raised her eyebrows “Why?” she asked curiously.

Yerim grinned inwardly.

“Didn’t you see his eyes? He was glaring at me and he looked arrogant to me. He wasn’t even smiling once. Today too he looked so……” she frowned, twisting .

Namjoo smiled, and then controlled her facial expressions.

“Yerim, you can’t judge a person with just that. May be he has a habit of staring at people. You might have misunderstood him. Though he looked arrogant he was not like that at all. Indeed he looked serious but ….i think he is kind” namjoo reasoned.

Throught out her life she observed many people. She was sure he isn’t a bad person, may be it is just her intuition.

Yerim and her mom gave a teasing look.

“I did not get any negative vibes from him nor his family” reasoned namjoo, she is just sharing her thoughts and there is nothing more than that.

“Then is it a yes?” both asked, their faces lightning with hope.

If those incidents didn’t happen my answer would be an absolute no but after realizing he is not like the image of a rich man i made….i have to reconsider it.

“I don’t know” namjoo gave her answer still confused.

Both yerim and her mother jumped on her, congratulating her and what not.

“That means it is not a no” yerim cheered.

“Hey, why are you happy? Are you okay? He doesn’t have a brother?” namjoo teased yerim with a grin, that her dream will not be fulfilled.

“Well, he might have rich cousins?” yerim joked earning a smack from her mother and namjoo.

“But he also should accept me right? He meets so many pretty girls who are equal to his status. Why will he choose a girl like me? Who neither has money, social status, beauty or….? Don’t you think so?” namjoo stated the fact with a difficult expression on her face.

“Oh come on, those rich girls are nothing in front of namjoo. Girl, you don’t know how beautiful you are. Stop underestimating yourself. In addition to that you have got a pretty heart” yerim answered, with confidence.

“Right on time” yerim glanced at her phone and read the text her father sent.

“He is asking for your answer” she added looking at namjoo.

She thought for a while and nodded “Yes” she replied.

Her mother and sister were happy. “….but i still think he will reject me….” she continued but was interrupted “Namjoo, stop being so negative” yerim frowned.

Namjoo sighed “Okay”.

Yerim quickly texted her father saying it is a yes.

As soon as her mother left to call her family to inform them about the news yerim asked her “You are hiding something? I saw you both looking at each other lovingly. You like him don’t you?” she teased.

Namjoo frowned listening to her fantasies and explained everything.

“Cool. So you like him?” she asked again.

Namjoo shook her head “Yerim, you know very well i am not that type of a girl who would fall for anybody just because he helped me. Either way, i don’t know anything about him still i accepted to marry him just because of you all” she explained her thoughts.

Yerim sighed on hearing that. She knows it is really difficult for her also worried how she will be able to manage everything.

 

It’s been a few days since then; kyungsoo was at a business meeting. He was in a really happy mood though it was tiring with continuous meetings.

He couldn’t remove the smiling image of namjoo from his mind at all.

Jungshin observed him smiling to himself and wondered what the reason was.

Jin who happened to attend a meeting together also noticed him being lost and was suspicious. He eyed jungshin asking him what was the matter while he shrugged his shoulders saying he was unaware.

The meeting was done and others left after shaking hands.

Jin and kyungsoo were having dinner at a restaurant. Jungshin accompanied them too.

“Boss, i need to leave early” he said hesitantly.

Kyungsoo nodded “Yes, you can” he accepted.

“Sir, the meeting with the France company is tomorrow and i need to contact them early in the morning….that client’s business card is with you” he said.

“Oh” Kyungsoo went through his pockets and gave him a card but along with that a photograph fell from his pocket.

Jungshin crouched on the floor and picked it up. He glanced through the picture and it was the same girl who he saw with his boss.

“Boss, you dropped this” he said giving it to him.

He took it in to his hands and a smile appeared on his face noticing it was namjoo’s picture. His smile faded noticing jungshin and jin watching him with a suspicious look.

He cleared his throat and eyed jungshin “What are you waiting for? Didn’t you have to leave? Out!!” he ordered with that he rushed outside without wasting a minute.

He glanced at jin who had this notorious look on his face.

“Why are you carrying your lollipop’s picture?” jin teased.

Kyungsoo grabbed his collar recollecting he told sowon about that “You are one big jerk. I don’t know why all of my friends and cousins are jerks” he reasoned while jin laughed nervously.

He leaned on the chair and explained jin about the meeting.

 “Jin, i think a girl like lollipop should be my wife” kyungsoo declared.

 “Wait… What???”  jin shouted as soon as the word wife hit his brain.

“Wait…D.O, aren’t you going too fast. I mean dude, calm down. You just met her thrice man…What is she a witc...h…” jin swallowed his words when kyungsoo glared.

“I mean, fairy….did she do any magic on you?” he asked carefully checking his body.

Kyungsoo brushed his hands off giving a glare.

Jin explained “D.O, my friend. Still this is no business deal, it might be true you have accepted her but she has a preference too. She should like you too right?” he explained.

Kyungsoo was stubborn “Jin, what are you saying? When i want something i get it. I am positive her answer will be a yes too. I mean i am Do kyungsoo” he declared with seriousness in his eyes.

Jin tried to explain but he got up “You know what just forget it. I am going to tell mom and dad that it is a yes” he explained and left.

She made this man like this.

 

The next morning, kyungsoo dropped by his parents’ house, before going to work.

“Kyungsoo sir? Sir and maam are at the dining area” the servant informed as soon as he spotted him.

He left to the directed place and greeted them cheerful.

“Morning everbody” he said taking a seat. “Looks delicious” he said looking at the food spread on the table.

“Bro, you arriving this early in the morning? I smell something” sowon teased.

Kyungsoo smacked her head.

His parents laughed watching their cat fight.

“Why are you here?” his father asked.

“What is this? Everyday you call me telling me to come over and now you are questioning me?” he asked back.

“Well, bro i guess you came here to talk about lollipop” sowon smirked.

“Lollipop?” his parents wondered what they were speaking.

Kyungsoo jumped in “Nothing…” he said nervously.

“The girl bro likes… lollipop aka Kim namjoo” she said while he glared at her to shut up.

 “What? This is absurd i don’t like her” he objected.

His family was controlling their laughters hearing that.

His parents felt elated that he liked namjoo.

“Didn’t i tell you mom? Bro liked namjoo. Gosh he kept staring at her in the party and also during our visit to her house” It was sowon’s turn to .

“Just shut up okay? I wasn’t staring at her. I mean why would i?” he objected saying he was innocent but his words didn’t match the happiness in his eyes.

 “So what say? You got enough time to think” asked his dad.

“Huh?...umm” he controlled his facial expression, trying hard not to smile.

“What is there to ask dad? Just call them and say it is a yes from our side” sowon teased kyungsoo showing her wide grin.

He maintained a straight face “It is fine by me…I mean it’s a yes” he said coolly.

The family laughed together and their teasing continued.

Kyungsoo smiled inwardy.

A call disturbed them.

“Oh, it is from Mr.Lim. I guess they have replied” said his father taking the call.

Kyungsoo smiled inwardly when sowon by elbowing h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter