Separation

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One morning, namjoo woke up feeling unwell. Today was supposed to be their long waited date but she felt horrible. Her stomach was upset and the body temperature was high. Kyungsoo was back from the gym when he spotted namjoo getting up.

“Good morning lollipop” he greeted her. Weakly she sat up straight “Morning” she greeted. He found it odd as she wasn’t active like always “Are you alright?” he was concerned. Namjoo smiled in return “Yes, kyungsoo-ssi, you need to go to the office” she reminded he is getting late.

Recollecting that he smiled sheepishly, “Lollipop, i will be back early and take you out on a date” he detailed the plans for today. With that he left to take a bath. After the breakfast he suggested the staff to take a leave today as they will be gone till night. The staff became happy to get a holiday. He left to the office still unaware of the fact that namjoo was feeling unwell. Infact she concealed it watching him and the staff happy. She did not want to spoil their excitement.

The staff left after her breakfast. “Maam, are you sure?” they even confirmed with her. “Go, have fun” she suggested. They dispersed and namjoo was left alone in the mansion. This huge mansion suddenly looked lonely to her now that everybody left. She blamed her poor health for her emotional and depressed state. With an intention of taking medicine, as the symptoms were most likely indigestion, she headed to the kitchen to get some water. Suddenly, she felt nauseous and felt like puking. She vomited and then washed her face  “I am not feeling well” she weakly mumbled.

Locking the door, she left to the room. Her body was burning due to the heavy temperature. She rested on the bed but was feeling uneasy. On that the door bell kept ringing continuously. For the first time, she was reminded of the staff for their help. Thankfully, her frown was gone and she relaxed as the sound stopped.

Next thing, she knew is somebody shaking her body repeatedly. With lots of difficulty she opened her eyes only to see kyungsoo’s concern expression. “Kyungsoo-ssi” she tried to get up but he objected.

Touching her forehead “You are burning up. Lollipop, why didn’t you tell me? Fortunately, i came back cancelling all my appointments as i sensed you are hiding something” he reasoned. It didn’t make her happy listening to that “Go kyungsoo-ssi, i will be fine. I just need to sleep” she advised but instead got a scolding from him “Keep quiet and sleep” he warned. Not being in a position to argue she withdrew.

In her deep sleep she could hear people speaking, one which she was sure was the voice of kyungsoo and other was probably the doctor. Prescribing some drugs the doctor took a leave. Namjoo woke up and covered . She got up weakly but stumbled. Before she could fall kyungsoo helped her “Why are you getting up?” he asked concerned. “Vomit” she simply replied.

He immediately carried her to the bathroom. Again she vomited, simultaneously kept pushing him outside the room “It is dirty….go….please” she pleaded but he stayed with her soothing her back “I am your husband lollipop i need to stay by your side and it is normal not dirty” he helped her wash her face.

Supporting her body, he brought her to the bed. Tugging her in the bed, he her hair. Making sure she was comfortable, he left the room.

Namjoo covered herself with the sheets in order to hide her tears. She recollected her childhood.

She was unwell and kept vomiting in the middle of the night. She woke yerim up in the middle of the night and she accompanied her to the bathroom. Both were awake together and it was hard for her. Her parents were asleep even after all this commotion though they were practically sleeping next to each other.

Getting scared she shook her mothers arm “Mom, wake up”. Her mother was irritated “Go to sleep, stop disturbing me” she yelled.

She felt bad and glanced at yerim “I feel like puking again. What to do yerim?” she asked her but she was clueless too.

They decided to wake her father up but he did the same “Go, wake your mother”.

Not having any choice, namjoo lied down. Yerim accompanied her but she suggested her to sleep telling her she was fine.

Kyungsoo, who came to check on her with water and cloth in his hands, saw her crying in her sleep. Perplexed he shook her arm “Lollipop”. She woke up and blinked her eyes. Watching his concerned face she smiled weakly.

“Did you have a bad dream?” he questioned, caressing her cheek. Tears flooded her eyes watching his concerned look towards her. He was mystified “Is it hurting somewhere?” he asked more worried but she shook her head “Thank you” she muttered, squeezing her eyes shut.

Shaking his head in disbelief he wiped her tears “Love, you are worrying about our date? When you get better we can go to numerous dates. So, stop thinking and sleep. Serving you is also a pleasure to me” he smiled sincerely.

Biting her lips in order to control her tears, she looked at him and smiled weakly.

He took care of her by placing a cloth on her forehead.

After a while, he brought soup and also porridge and woke her up “Lollipop, get up” he helped her.

She leaned on the bed and he cooled it down for her “Since staff is on leave i made it” he announced happily. “You?” she questioned weakly, also feeling bad he had to do such work. “Sorry” she was apologetic implying he had to do this for her.

“I told you it is my duty as a husband” he assured he was not bothered by it.

“Oh, i never mentioned that i am an expert in cooking. I know it is hard to believe considering the chefs i have at home but i used to cook for myself when i was a student” he revealed just to divert her mind from depressing thoughts.

She smiled at him weakly “I doubt” she , saying she is suspicious.

“Just taste this and then tell me” he confidently declared.

Blowing on the food to cool it down, he fed her. Namjoo tasted the food. Due to her fever she couldn’t differentiate the taste but she felt it was savoury and delicious despite her situation.

“Tastes good” she complemented. He gave a told you look and fed her carefully.

Namjoo teared up. It was very hard for her to swallow not because of her health but because she was overwhelmed by emotions. His care and concern was too much for her.

His phone rang “I will be back” he her hair and left the room in order to not disturb her.

Glancing at the food, fever patches and other necessary items placed on the table she teared up. Burying her face in her palms she kept weeping. She was so thankful to him that she couldn’t explain it in words. The tears dropped from her eyes continuously. I am so used to hatred and pain kyungsoo-ssi that the feeling of receiving somebody’s love and care are unfamiliar to me. I don’t know what to do with these emotions you are introducing me to. Regardless, i feel burdened whenever you do such things for me because all i can recollect are sufferings of my past. I thought i didn’t care about those painful things in the past but probably deep down my heart there are still uncured wounds left. Your concern it is suffocating me, like an anticeptic which is treating the scars..... though it is helping you it hurts. Perhaps, the pain of these wounds now is greater than when it was formed.

Kyungsoo was back after ending the call, stopped at the door watching her crying. Leaning on the wall he watched her helplessly. Sometimes, i wonder if i am not giving you enough happiness, lollipop? I always caught you crying secretly. Is it that hard to live with me?

Sighing, he felt depressed. What is it that you are so unhappy about? What am i lacking? Why don’t you look at me? Why don’t you open your heart? Why don’t you like me?

Ignoring his questions “I will definitely win you over. You have to look at me lollipop….i want you to like me back….no….you will like me!!” he announced positively “I will do anything for that” he declared.

“Lollipop” he entered the room cheerfully. She immediately wiped her tears away.

“Sorry, that took a while” he pleaded. She took his hands in her “Please don’t” she requested not to apolgize. “Time for medicine” he gave her.  After consuming the medicine, she lied down with his help.

“Sleep” he gently her hair and she drifted off to sleep.

Whole day and night he took care of her. Next day, namjoo woke up completely fine only to spot kyungsoo sleeping in an uncomfortable position by resting his head on the bed side.

A gentle smile spread across her lips. I don’t understand kyungsoo-ssi, why are you so nice to somebody like me? Who doesn’t do her best for you? I don’t even know whether you are happy marrying me? What were your thoughts when you decided to marry me? Why me?

Uncertainly touching his hair “You gave me more than happiness” she was grateful. “Kyungsoo-ssi” she gently shook his arm “It will hurt” she woke him up.

Rubbing his eyes, he got up tiredly due to the lack of sleep “Are you feeling better?” he asked with a concerned look.

Taking his hand in hers naturally “Thanks to you, since you took care of me” she reasoned happily. It was the first time her hand wasn’t shaking when she touched him. Kyungsoo who observed that felt contended.

“Still, no moving around too much, no working and overexerting yourself. You are gonna take complete rest” he ordered strictly. Holding her laughter she nodded.

Caressing her cheek with his thumb “It is good to see you healthy” he reasoned that it was sad to see her condition. Bravely, she tried looking into his eyes but failed miserably. His eyes still trouble her and his touch still bothers hers. It wasn’t hatred but kyungsoo who studied it felt otherwise.

Lollipop? He wanted to question her directly but dropped the thought.  Somehow, he did not want to rush her but he was becoming anxious. Though he stayed on the positive side, does everything he can but he hated watching her cry whatever was the reason.

 Only a few days were remaining for jin and sowon’s wedding and an unexpected situation occurred. Kyungsoo came back from the office. Namjoo was seated in the living room sipping coffee. Suddenly she heard a honk outside in their front courtyard. Placing the cup aside, she stood only to notice kyungsoo striding in.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, this early?” she questioned as just an hour ago he left for the office. “Lollipop” he urgently called. She approached him still happy that he arrived early hoping he will take some rest. Holding her hand he dragged her to the room.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, what is wrong? You even came back from the office” she questioned but he just entered their room not answering her. Shutting the door as soon as they entered “Lollipop, help me pack” he requested. Giving a puzzle look “Where are you going?” she questioned.

Urgently he brought the bag out and glanced at her who was still watching him puzzled. Walking to her he pulled her gently “Love, i am going on a business trip for a week to australia. It was suddenly decided so could not inform you before and don’t worry jin and jungshin are accompanying me….. I don’t have time. Help me… fast” he requested.

She was depressed that it’s going to be lonely. Everyday waiting for him was different as he would come back home but not seeing him for a complete week was probably going to be hard for her. Walking to the closet she brought his clothes and arranged in the bag for him sadly. “What about your lunch? I will tell Robert to cook something for you” she suggested but kyungsoo stopped her “Lollipop, i am late. Anyhow, i will be eating in the flight” he answered shutting the bag.

Turning to her he took her hands in his and handed card, passbook and cash to her. She was perplexed “Kyungsoo-ssi, i don’t….” she denied shaking her head. “Namjoo” he sternly opposed.

Placing his hand on her cheek “This is your card. I have arranged for it few days ago but it just arrived, also i transferred the balance in your bank account. This cash is for your personal use and emergencies. You never know, lollipop. By the way, there is no question of hesitation, this is our money. You are my wife and you have equal right on it. Please, don’t say no, it will hurt me” he expressed. She was moved. Containing her tears she held it in. Smiling widely he recollected “Oh, man….i need to take important files from the study. I will go and get it” he informed and rushed out of the room.

Thankfully, he left as she couldn’t control herself anymore. Tears shimmered in her eyes looking at the money. She recollected her past where she was a child and her father did not give even cent to her when she asked him. He even searched her school bag and snatched away the money her mother gave her secretly. There was never a time where her father handed money to her mother not even to buy grocery.

Don’t enjoy on my money, if you want it earn yourself. She recollected those painful words said to her when she was a child and her eyes welled up. Burying the cash and card in her chest she cried her heart out. It was the first time somebody gave her money and she never knew what it feels like to receive it from others rather than earning it herself. On that kyungsoo’s concern for her overwhelmed her heart. Covering her face she kept sobbing.

Hearing the sound of footsteps she wiped her tears and pretended to do some work. “Love, here, the files” he handed it to her but she took it from behind. She avoided looking at him as he might notice her moist eyes. Kyungsoo became suspicious as she kept avoiding him. She was so emotional that her tears didn’t stop at all though she wiped it away number of times.

He pulled her around suspiciously and watched her teary eyes “Lollipop?” he questioned. Wiping the tears off not to worry him “Kyungsoo-ssi, it is nothing” she made an excuse but noticing his worried look she sobbed again. “Ah, man” he sighed. “Love” he wiped her tears, cupping her face “It’s just a week. I will be back soon. Can’t believe you are crying for such a small matter” he explained but felt happy.

Namjoo wiped her tears, though it was true she cried for a different reason but somewhere she was depressed that she is going to be lonely without him. Probably that’s the reason her tears were unstoppable. Watching her even he felt depressed.

Recollecting she should not send him for his important work in this way. She wiped the tears and controlled herself “Sorry” she was apologetic. Intertwining their fingers “Lollipop, i can’t concentrate on my work thinking about you leaving here alone.Go and stay with my parents until i come back okay?” he requested. Understanding his reasoning, also with the intention of not worrying him she accepted.

The packing was done and he was ready to set off. Jungshin called him at the right time “Yes, i am coming” he ended the call. Clasping her hands she stood in front of him. He took her hand in his “Will you miss me?” he directly asked as he will certainly miss her too.

His sudden question made her emotional again. She remained silent as she might cry again. Sighing he withdrew his hands and felt depressed. Her silence irked him. You won’t say i guess.

Jin arrived and kept honking the car telling him to hurry up. The butler knocked the door “Boss, jin and jungshin sir have arrived” he informed. He walked away urgently.  Namjoo teared up as he walked out of their room. The staff helped him with the luggage and he scurried down the stairs.

She ran hurriedly skipping a few steps down the stairs and reached the entrance. Kyungsoo turned around and noticed her at the door with tears in her eyes. Running his fingers through his hair he sighed.

Marching towards her hurriedly he took her into his arms. Staff turned to the other side giving them privacy while namjoo stood stunned. He hugged her tightly breathing in her scent. He wanted to remember her for a whole week. Her breath almost stopped with their close proximity. It was the first time they came in such close contact, it was always holding hands and nothing more. Breaking the hug and giving a slight smile, he took his steps back and got into the car.

Sliding down the door she teared up “I will miss you…kyungsoo-ssi.. I will miss you” she mumbled watching the car crossing the gate. Getting up, she immediately ran to her room and fell on the bed. She buried her face in the pillow feeling embarrassed due to the incident earlier. Turning to the other side she took his picture from the side table “I already miss you” she muttered. Again she buried her face in the bedsheets. To her bad luck the bedsheets smelled like him reminding of him more.

 

Kyungsoo got into his private jet, jungshin and jin accompanied him. Observing him silent and lost jin was suspicious “D.O? Is anything bothering you?” he finally asked. He simply shook his head as an answer. Recollecting namjoo’s teary eyes a smile appeared on his face. I can’t get her out of my head if she shows me that expression. Leaning his body on the couch and resting his head.  And what’s with me, suddenly hugging her like that. His eyes twinkled as she didn’t push him away. She was probably too shocked to blush. He chuckled. Jin and jungshin eyed each other smiling.

Kyungsoo’s expression turned serious “I need to hurry back home” he muttered in daze. Jin laughed “We did not even arrive yet and here you are talking about returning” he commented. Smirking at him “Accept it D.O, your life changed since namjoo appeared” he explained. It was true as he was always busy with work and never cared for anything else. In the past it didn’t matter how many days he was gone for a business trip but now that she came into his life he started thinking about spending more time at home.

Brushing his remarks aside, kyungsoo rolled his eyes and opened the files. “Jungshin, give me the details regarding the parties. Also give a summary of their recent deals” he ordered. Jungs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter