Jealousy

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On a sunny day, kyungsoo was free from the meetings surprisingly and he decided to enjoy his free time with namjoo at home.

She decided to prepare a special lunch for him and suggested to enjoy his alone time.  Accepting her offer, he jumped into the pool.

Swimming in the pool, he enjoyed his time. The butler served him drink and exited.

Sitting on the edge, he wiped the water with the towel. Sipping the drink he turned his head only to watch namjoo approaching him “Kyun……” she hit cheeks stopping herself from calling his name. “Stubborn, lunch is ready” she informed looking elsewhere. Goodness, what is he wearing?....it is called swim wear namjoo. Ofcourse, he will wear that….. It is so embarrassing. Better leave before i get nightmares.

 A naughty plan arrived in his head. “Lollipop” he called her waving his hand “Can you please wipe my back. I can’t reach it” he requested holding the towel.

She became motionless as his words reached her ears. Clasping her hands she stood uncertainly.

Walking to him hesitantly, she took the towel from his hands. Biting her lips, tentatively she dabbed his back with the help of the towel. “Done” she turned around but he caught her hand “Who will wipe the front?” he innocently asked.

Turning to him in surprise, she blinked her eyes in confusion. Walking towards her with a lopsided grin he encased her in his arms.

With a jerk, she stepped back shyly. Oh my god…his body… on that he is…..he is not wearing anything….okay he is but still he isn’t…. …..eek. Contrasting her thoughts he did it again. Noticing his grin “ky….penguin, let go of me” she begged not looking at him. “Not happening” he was resolute. Giving up she wiped his chest awkwardly.

Watching his grin she found out it was a prank. She whined “Kyung……handsome, you always trouble me” and decided to leave but he lifted her up in his arms “Your reactions are amusing. It isn’t my fault” he reasoned.

“What’s with those names? Call me as you usually do” he encouraged her. Shaking her head “As if i will let you win” she twisted .

She was mystified when he walked towards the pool carrying her. Anticipating his move “No!!! Stop!!! No!!!” she screamed. Bewildered he stopped immediately. “I can’t swim” she revealed, shaking continuously.

He cursed blaming himself that he almost threw her in the water. Namjoo was so busy in fear she didn’t even bother his words.

Placing her down he hugged her tightly “Lollipop, i did not know….” he felt so bad thinking he might have given her a bad experience. Breaking the hug, she placed her hand on his cheek “It is my fault. I should have told you before” she smiled feeling relieved that she was rescued before an accident occurred.

Kyungsoo was so troubled by the fact that he still doesn’t know anything about her. Today he almost put her in danger. “Please stop worrying. Nothing happened….. Also, we should discuss these things clearly” she suggested.

He accepted the idea that they need to talk more. “I prepared your favourite food, won’t you have it?” she asked tilting her head innocently.

Ruffling her hair he smiled at her “Sure” he held her hand. Namjoo did not move from the place. Hanging her head down “You should change first” she suggested.

Crossing his arms he gave a teasing look “Why? I am confident in every part of my body” he looked below and winked.

Her jaw dropped “You are so shameless” embarrassedly she hit his arm and ran away.

Why lollipop is not attracted to me? What kind of rare species is she? Here my feelings are overflowing and this girl is still avoiding me. Even after seeing me like this she isn’t faltered. Doesnt she feel anything? Shaking his head he chuckled at her naivety rather than getting mad.

Meanwhile namjoo kept fanning her face “I am unsure what is happening to me these days whenever i see kyungsoo-ssi my heart starts racing like a race horse. And when he touches me my stomach feels weird. Is it because we started kissing a lot?......like literally a lot. He kisses me whenever he finds a chance. Don’t you think that is too much? He also found another way to succeed in his plans. I can’t even call his name now” she whined recalling his deal.

Getting dressed he joined at the table. Noticing the dish he was surprised “Wow, this is my favourite dish” he expressed. Taking a bite urgently, he glanced at namjoo “Did mom send this?” he asked puzzled. The taste was exactly the same.

Her smile reached her eyes “I made it” she revealed feeling contended. Watching him giving a surprised look “When you went on a trip mom made this for me” she continued. “So, you learnt it?” he questioned while she shook her head “No, i saw her preparing it” she revealed casually.

He was amused “You saw only once? And cooked it to an exact taste?” he queried. Giving a puzzling glance, “Yes, is there a problem? Is it not similar?” she was disappointed.  Looking at her with an amused smile, “Similar? It is exactly the same? How did you do that?” he praised her.

Despite his continuous praises she remained neutral “If i see once i do it. No matter what work it is” she casually replied.

Watching her amusedly. She is so talented. I am surprised at her ability. How did she do this by watching just once? Kyungsoo felt contended to have such a talented wife also her image kept getting better.

Namjoo watched him dearly. Kyungsoo-ssi, is the only person who praised me. It feels strange if somebody complements you…… but with his encouragement i feel like i can do better. I really like him a lot. Should i tell him i like him? no….no…he will kiss me then.

Everyday they were learning something new about each other but above everything else kyungsoo was yearning for her love. With every passing of a day his love for her kept growing more. Similarly, namjoo kept coming closer to him.

“So, how is it going on with your mom?” kyungsoo enquired. Namjoo smiled “Because of you i got a good scolding. I left in the middle of the night and they were shocked when i was not found in the morning. They searched for me everywhere sweating like crazy and then finally when they were about to call you to inform you they found the message i left” she relayed. He laughed listening to the story.

“Yeah, you laugh here and i was lectured for the whole two hours on the phone. I told them the truth that it was your idea but they didn’t listen to me at all. When i told them you came to get me they were supporting you. They also teased me” a smile spread across her lips “That you really treasure me and i couldn’t object to that” she smiled at him. He caressed her cheek with his thumb while she gasped.

Kyungsoo got a call disturbing them. Namjoo rubbed her cheek. What is wrong with me? My heart is really at unrest these days. It was from insung asking for help. Kyungsoo was hesitant but he finally agreed on his request. Hyejin even requested namjoo.

The couple was waiting at the door for the arrival. Watching kyungsoo irritated she hit his chest playfully “Stop sulking like a kid” she comforted him.

Huffing in anger, “Why should i babysit the kids? Mijoo was fine but her friend too”. She eyed him “They want to take their time alone too. Hyejin unnie was saying she is too tired looking after mijoo and hardly gave time to insung oppa” she revealed.

Twisting his mouth “They are probably in the process of bringing mijoo a sibling and here we are” he argued. Her jaw dropped. Blushing, she hit him “Kyungsoo-.ssi, you are ……” she stopped watching his expression. He immediately pulled her closer grinning widely and leaned in for a kiss. Namjoo moved back hitting “The staff is here” she whispered expecting him to stop.

Shrugging his shoulders, “Your problem? We decided when ever you call me kyungsoo-ssi, you get to give me a kiss as a punishment” he was excited.

“But they are all here. No, kyungsoo-s…..” she hit her head at her mistake. “That makes two” he giggled and stole a kiss from her lips.

He leaned in to give another but she whined. “A deal is a deal” he gave another peck.

“Ewww….they are kissing” a voice said below them. Urgently separating from each other, they looked down where a boy was giving them a look of disgust “What an off-putting sight” he commented.

“Who the hell are you?” kyungsoo snapped. Namjoo stopped him “He is just a kid”. Squatting down, “Hello? How did you come here?” she asked sweetly.

“Heya lady, i came with my girlfriend mijoo, name’s hyunjin. Mijoo is behind collecting some roses from the garden” he informed stuffing his hands in the pockets. “Who is this grumpy old man?” he questioned eyeing kyungsoo. Namjoo giggled while kyungsoo was about to smack his head but stopped with her pleading expression.

Hyunjin stepped in front of her. Sniffing her “You smell nice, reminds me of my teacher who i once crushed on” he revealed. Namjoo eyed kyungsoo saying he talks like a grown up. Ruffling his hair “You shouldn’t talk like that hyunjin” she explained.

Smacking his head kyungsoo glared “What do you think of yourself? You are an adult? Kid, you better watch that mouth of yours and stay away from my woman” he warned and hugged her from behind.

Their fight would continue but thanks to mijoo it halted. Namjoo breathed a sigh of relief. They left inside. Mijoo handed roses to the couple. She hugged namjoo and kissed her cheeks saying she missed her a lot.

“Mijoo, don’t you miss your uncle?” kyungsoo asked but mijoo snuggled close to namjoo “Sorry kyungsoo uncle but mijoo likes namjoo auntie more”. Namjoo stuck her tongue out at him while he sent a flying kiss to her. Her jaw dropped. She signalled him to not act like that in front of the kids.

“Let’s have snacks” she held their hands on the either side and guided them to the table. Kyungsoo kept eyeing hyunjin as he was purposefully sticking close to her. As namjoo left, hyunjin grinned “Hey old man, noona is so beautiful ain’t she?” he questioned stuffing his mouth with the pizza.

He huffed “I am hyung not old man. For your knowledge, she is my wife” he smirked triumphantly. Drinking the juice cooly hyunjin commented “Looks like you didn’t touch her yet”.

Kyungsoo spat the food on his comment “Unbelieveable, what are you kid? Who the hell is your father? I will call him right now and take his lecture. Is this how he raises a kid?” he argued.

Shutting his ears “You are too loud old man. My friends told me that married couples touch each other not my father”. Raising his hands in the air “Kids these days. Is this how a 6 yr old talks?” he grunted.

Their fight continued. Namjoo realized her husband was really childish but she likes him either way.

Namjoo was enjoying her time with the kids. They watched a movie together in the home theatre; ate ice cream and even played games. Kyungsoo could only smile watching how gentle and kind she was. She will become a caring mother.

Kyungsoo’s intention of interupting hyunjin who was sticking close to namjoo failed as he got an important call asking him to return to work.

“Lollipop” he called her “I need to go. Will be back after signing a document” he informed.

Her smile dropped “Work? Today was supposedly your day off. I am worried, these days you work too much kyungsoo-s…..Mr. Arrogant” she complained, instantly dropped calling his name recollecting their deal. She was upset naturally but gave him permission. Watching the kids busy he stole her lips. Her heart thumped and blushed hard.

Separating he grinned widely while she whined “I don’t want to play this game anymore. You keep kissing me”. He chuckled “Then quickly give me a nick name or else call me darling” he winked.

Resting her head on his chest “You are sly” she drew on his chest with her finger “Come back soon, i feel lonely without you” she reasoned.

Lifting her chin he kept looking into her eyes. Both silently gazed at each other.

“Old man how long are you going hold my noona” hyunjin pushed him. Kyungsoo stood in disbelief while namjoo giggled.

Sighing he excused himself to the study to review an important file sent by jungshin. Immediately going through it he urgently left the house.

“Auntie chocolate” mijoo requested with a cute pout. Namjoo giggled “Fine, mijoo, hyunjin do not go into study room. Your kyungsoo uncle keeps his important files over there. Alright?” namjoo specifically mentioned them to keep out of the room.

The kids obeyed and namjoo left.

Hyunjin being the playful and mischievious kid suggested mijoo that they should check out the study even though namjoo warned them. Becoming curious of how adult’s study looks like they both left the room hand in hand.

“Wow” they exclaimed watching the books and files neatly arranged. On the table was a laptop left open. Kyungsoo left it open in urgency.

Just when they were about to touch it namjoo approached them “Kids, here you are. I told you not enter this room” she sweetly mentioned.

“Auntie, we were checking it out. Please can we stay here a bit more” mijoo requested saying her friend wants to.

Namjoo accepted but kept a close watch on the kids.

She noticed kyungsoo’s laptop still on and took a glance at the file which was left open. The kids interrupted her analysis. Anyway, they left the room.

After a while, hyunjin sneaked into the library/study to touch the laptop which he couldn’t before. Curiousity took over his mind. He kept pressing the buttons and playing games after opening it. Hearing the footsteps he was startled. Urgently he decided to shut the laptop but his hand brushed to the glass nearby and the water in it fell on the laptop. He gasped watching it and instantly wiped it off as fast as he can.

Meanwhile, namjoo was tensed as hyunjin was not back after saying he needs to use a restroom. She decided to check up on him. She discovered hyunjin in the study “Here you are” she approached him but found him shaking in fear “Noo…na” he kept crying. Baffled she took him near “Are you alright? Did you get hurt?” she asked him but he kept apologizing to her. Taking him into her arms she soothed his back “What happened?” she asked calmly after he calmed down.

Hyunjin explained everything that happened and accepted his mistake “Hyung will be mad” he cried saying kyungsoo will hate him. Namjoo noticed the laptop was still working and fine. She praised him for taking an immediate decision and wiping the water “He won’t. Look it still works fine” she showed him. She consoled him. “Isnt it wrong to touch after i warned? Hmm?” she asked calmly. Hyunjin apologised. “Since you know it is wrong i will forgive you” she smiled and sent him away to play.

Meanwhile, kyungsoo called namjoo on phone “Lollipop, i am done with signing the document work but will be heading home after an urgent meeting. I left my laptop open in the study can you please save that presentation file and send it to me. I forgot to save it in hurry and also to take it. It doesn’t have a back up too. I can’t lose it i have a meeting now regarding that” he informed.

After he ended the call she sighed as the file was completely gone now “It was an analysis report as i took a glance earlier. I can redo it if i get the data” she searched for the files and got the data jungshin sent. She read it carefully and prepared the presentation. Saving the file she sent to kyungsoo and closed the laptop.

In the conference room, the directors were settled and were ready for the meeting. Kyungsoo was getting ready with the presentation. As soon as the projector displayed the content he was surprised. Fortunately he was smart and quick witted so he managed to complete the presentation but he wondered who might have changed it. One of the directors praised him “Mr.Do, your son has really grown up a lot. Today’s presentation was beyond our expectations. How accurately has he compared the accounting data of the previous years”. His father was proud of him and gave a pat on his shoulder.

“Dad” kyungsoo spoke to him about some company stuff which was brought to notice this time. “Kyungsoo i can’t believe those figures. How do we even have those? But you did a good job finding those out.  We need to appoint a team for the accounting department. Something fishy is going on in there. I need to know what is actually going on in that department. And let us have a meeting with the finance head. I need a valid explanation for this” he expressed his concern. Kyungsoo was equally disturbed as he is responsible for the work in the company and an unnecessary load has been added to his work. He wanted to get to the roots of this matter “Dad, let me handle this my way” he pleaded. His father agreed.

Lunch was arranged and kyungsoo invited his father. “Woah, i must thank this chef for such meals” he complemented. Kyungsoo smiled in response “That is not a problem because the chef is your daughter in law” he expressed. His father was impressed “Lucky guy” he patted his head.

“By the way, did you both solve your problems?” he enquired if they were on good terms after the fight. He nodded in response though a bit guilty he worried them “Sometimes i wonder dad…. am i good enough for her? She always tells me that i am perfect or that i treat her really well but she fails to see that it is me who is benefiting from her, that she is the one who takes care of me more” he smiled widely.

“Love huh?” his father patted his cheek gently. He covered his cheekbones embarrassedly “That….dad….thank you” he took his hands and expressed how grateful he is to him for introducing to such a wonderful woman.

“She must resemble your mom. Let me tell you we are alike, not easy to be taken care of” he laughed.

Kyungsoo denied strictly “She is better than mom” he remarked.

“Woah there, don’t tell that in front of your mom even by mistake or it is a war. Who knows she will change into those typical mother in laws?” his father joked.

Kyungsoo laughed “Nah, mom loves her more. You don’t know how many times she calls her in a day while she rarely calls me” he rolled his eyes. His father laughed.

“Actually dad, there is something i need to tell you both” he turned serious. His father became excited “Don’t tell me? I am becoming a grandfather?” he asked.

Kyungsoo was taken aback “No” he urgently answered. “Oh” he was disappointed. It was awkward for kyungsoo as they haven’t consummated their marriage yet.

“Well, come with namjoo. We will talk there” he suggested but kyungsoo refused the idea “No, leave her out. Actually it is about lollipop and it will be difficult to talk in front of her” he explained, deciding to tell about what he learnt about her past. His father approved watching the seriousness in his voice. Their talks resumed for a while.

It was time for hyunjin to leave. Kyungsoo left for home after work. Insung and hyojin came to pick the kids themselves. They thanked kyungsoo and namjoo for taking care of them despite having their own plans. Hyunjin hugged namjoo and then eyed kyungsoo. He turned around as they left and landed in kyungsoo’s arms “Thank you hyung for not getting mad at me” he kissed his cheek and left.

Confusion was clearly written over his face “What’s with that kid?” he asked namjoo while she hesitated “Kyungsoo-ssi, that…” she started telling the story but he pulled her closer and crashed his lips onto hers.

Whining at his sudden act “Just….arghh” she stamped her feet and left. He laughed thinking she is cute getting mad at him.

He learnt it was namjoo who did that presentation instead of getting mad as she anticipated he was impressed and proud. After taking an important call he glanced at namjoo. “What?” she questioned why he looked so worried and serious? Taking her hands in his he explained that his company’s accounting department was facing a crisis and he wants to catch the culprit inside the department “Your majored in accounts right? Can you help me?” he asked for a favour.

She was taken aback “But me?....your office?” she hesitated. Watching his disappointed look. He asked my favour and is expecting something from me. I want to help him. “Okay, if you need my help then i am willing to” she accepted. He smiled broadly feeling thankful.

After a long silence he suggested “Why not keep your identity a secret? With that we can catch that betrayer”. Namjoo agreed to his idea “Actually, i don’t want people to think that you are giving me privilages because i am your wife” she suggested while he accepted as he wanted to maintain professional work ethics. She wanted to work comfortably and also to be treated normally. On that was her top mission which kyungsoo requested to look into.

Either way, she decided to join the company and help him. “Oh, is there a formal interview. I will attend” she asked. He was dumbfounded “Are you forgetting that is my comp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter