Secret

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday, and two weeks past their marriage, kyungsoo was busy with office and was late literally everyday. Namjoo slowly got a habit of this and learnt new ways to keep her busy. She was accustomed to him but was still uneasy and jumpy whenever they touched. The reason was not only the unfamiliarity with men but also her past. She didn’t open up as somewhere she was scared to get scarred in her life. Her reasoning was justified as her own blood relations never cared for her.

Kyungsoo thankfully took a leave from office and decided to meet his parents with namjoo as they kept pestering him to meet them. Her mother in law welcomed her by taking her in her arms. Namjoo was never used to this love and care so whenever she met them it was overwhelming. His family was an example of an ideal family she always had in mind but her life was so negative that she always fears if happiness is possible in her life.

Her father in law greeted her dearly.

“Son, let’s sit. We were waiting for you” he gestured. The family took a seat and the tea was served.

Sowon hugged namjoo and whispered in her ear “Is bro not taking care of you?” she asked.

She glanced at him sadly as he is always busy with his work that she hardly sees him. Even if he is busy he still cares about her, calls her during breaks. She was thankful for that “He is” she answered smiling. Kyungsoo was curious what they were discussing so secretly.

“Bro, i am disappointed” sowon revealed and his parents supported her words. He was puzzled “What monkey?” he asked irritatedly. “This is what i am talking about” she complained. “Are you even thinking about my sis in law? You didn’t marry her to be busy in office” she purred. He was pissed off “Sowon, just shut….” He was interrupted “Kyungsoo” his mother stopped their bickering. “She isn’t wrong son” his father supported.

Sighing “Dad, what are you talking about? She is well aware what my position is in the company and how busy i will be” he reasoned glancing at namjoo “I know i am probably not doing much justice as a husband but my hands are tied. There is a huge responsibility on me regarding our company” he expressed his views.

“Mom, dad….i am fine really. Please don’t blame kyungsoo-ssi” she pleaded softly. His family supported her feeling sad. “Come on, you are making me a bad guy” he argued with his family.

Taking an envelope his father handed it to kyungsoo “Here is the solution” he coolly said. Suspiciously, he opened the envelope only to find honeymoon tickets.

“Honeymoon?” his jaw dropped. A smile appeared as he gazed at namjoo intently. Hearing that, her face tightened. Honeymoon? I don’t think i can handle this. I need time.  She was troubled and kyungsoo was fast to observe her expression.

He wished they went but after perceiving her intentions no way he was forcing this trip on her. “Dad, i apologize but i don’t think i can take another break. There is a lot of work to do. Upon that i just took up a new project and schedule is too hectic” he made an excuse. He would manage if she agreed but he did not wish to see that expression on her face ever. She felt relieved on hearing that also thankful for his help.

His family was unhappy, later agreed with his decision. “Fine, but atleast attend the family gathering next week, our relatives want to meet namjoo” her mother caressed her hair. “Oh no, not that please” he whined but shut his mouth when got scolded by his parents. Namjoo giggled watching him pouting. Observing that, he winked at her and she was surprised. Sowon elbowed her watching them and she instantly covered her cheeks feeling ashamed. Why is he doing that suddenly? That too, in front of his family.

Devilishly, sowon hugged namjoo eyeing kyungsoo. She even kissed her cheek just to and then wiggled her eyebrows at him. He clenched his jaw and glared at her. “Lollipop, let’s go” he grabbed her hand and dragged her away. Sowon chuckled at his actions “My poor bro you are suffering so much” she giggled at his jealousy.

 

The get together arrived. Kyungsoo had to attend as he had no choice at all. He was warned by his parents. His extended family of uncles, aunts, cousins, family friends, etc…everybody gathered at the stream they usually visit. The location was beautiful and exquisite.

It was new to namjoo as she has never experienced these things. Thankfully sowon invited her family but only yerim could attend. She felt relieved her father was not attending and neither her mother or else there would be cat fight if they are together.

She was nervous and anxious to meet his relatives. They were riding their car. Placing his hand on hers “Lollipop, i will be with you don’t worry” he assured her. She smiled in return.

Thankfully, they were less in number than she expected. Mostly, it was filled with youngsters. Her mother in law introduced them to namjoo and vice versa. The ladies kept praising her and complementing her. “Kyungsoo married a beautiful girl” elders . He rolled his eyes and escaped before they could pull his leg. They chatted for a while and thanks to yerim’s cheerful nature they all enjoyed their company.

Jin and joowan, jungshin and his family also attended the get together. Jungshin introduced his wife to namjoo “She is yura”. Namjoo greeted her back and noticed a baby in her arms “Your baby?” she asked and yura showed her “He is jin young” she revealed. Namjoo touched the baby gently and smiled “He is so cute”. Kyungsoo joined him and agreed “He is indeed” he greeted yura. “Jungshin, feel free” he invited them in. She became close to yura as she was a lovely girl.

Now that they were left alone the couple smiled at each other “Are you alright?” kyungsoo asked. Somebody called him and he turned around. She took a deep breath and tugged his t-shirt “Kyungsoo-ssi, stay with me” she pleaded, saying to not leave her alone. His eyes sparkled and he held her hand tightly.  Namjoo felt tensed. Geez, i didn’t mean holding hands.

Sowon and yerim cleared their throats watching their hands clasped. Taking the opportunity she pulled her hand back. “Namjoo, they are playing games over there. Come” they dragged her where others were gathered.

Jin spotted her and welcomed “Namjoo” he spread his arms to give a hug and landed in front of her. Widening her eyes namjoo stepped back.

Before he could take her into his arms kyungsoo stepped in between and grabbed his collar “You will not be able to hug anybody here after” he scoffed. Feeling relieved namjoo stood behind kyungsoo tugging his shirt. An unconscious smile appeared on his lips as he felt her hand on his t shirt.

Jin pleaded to let him go. His other friends and cousins kept giggling at his jealousy. A smile spread across her lips watching kyungsoo kicking jin continuously. “D.O, let go. Man, i am sorry” jin pleaded continuously joining his hands. Kyungsoo trapped him in his arms strongly.

Joowan had to step in, stopping them “D.O, leave the poor guy. He probably did that because he is exceptionally happy today” he disclosed.

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows “Why?” he questioned. Ken cheerfully explained “Kyungsoo bro, didn’t i tell you last time, jin has a serious girlfriend and…” he kept blabbering.

Jin closed his mouth stopping him from revealing too much info. “Let’s play!!” he shouted, diverting their attention and gathered everybody avoiding the topic as much as possible. Kyungsoo was suspicious of him.

The girls played hopscotch; namjoo kept smiling and laughing the whole time. She was enjoying a lot. Kyungsoo who noticed her enjoying herself was relaxed. A smile spread on his face, also convinced at his decision of bringing her here. His cousins kept teasing him watching him paying attention to her the whole time. She then played with jin young, jungshin’s son. Fortunately, her stress was relieved.

They cooked food together and ate together. Namjoo and yerim had fun as they always wanted to do these things. People present there probably

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter