Visit

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning dawned; the bright sunrays penetrated through the curtains, the chirping of the birds near the window was so loud. Grunting kyungsoo opened his eyes, waking up from his deep slumber only to see himself sleeping on the couch. Half awake, he thought how he ended up here but reality hit him when he spotted a figure in the bed nearby.

Recollecting he is now not a bachelor but had been promoted to a married man he was wide awake. He could see his wife sleeping soundly on the bed.

His back ached as it was really uncomfortable sleeping on the couch but it was worth it to watch his better half sleeping soundly.

Now that he paid attention, he was curious if he took a blanket yesterday night. His thoughts disrupted when namjoo squirmed in the bed. A smile crept on his plump lips watching her sleeping soundly.

Pushing the blanket aside from his legs, he groggily walked towards the foot of the bed.

His smile disappeared and he stood dazed when his eyes landed on the peaceful expression on face. Her head resting on the white pillow, her long and brown hair spread across the bed. Surrounding her body was the red flower petals, while her dress in white, contrasting in colour. She looked stunning. It was a blessed morning sight for him.

His heart thumped watching her bringing her legs together, her dress lifting a bit showing her beautiful legs which he failed to see before marriage as she always wore long dresses. 

Embarrassed he turned his head with an intention to avoid looking at her but he couldn’t control himself, again he turned noticing her squirming. A gush of wind blew through the window making all the petals flowing and landing on her body.

His lips parted watching that, his eyes couldn’t get enough of her.

Kyungsoo would continue if only his phone didn’t ring at the right moment. Jumping in surprise he snapped out. Sh*t…..sh*t…..what the hell was i doing? Something is wrong with me. I was gawking at her unashamedly. Bloody hell!! D.O, you jerk….you are sick. Just yesterday you assured her damn it.

He couldn’t believe he was looking at her. He never glanced at women leave gazing. It was always them flocking all over him.

Due to the continuous ringing of the phone namjoo opened her eyes sleepily.

Her eyes squinted, adjusting to the brightness. Her gaze shifted to kyungsoo who was looking at her exactly in the front.

As soon as their eyes met, she was wide awake. Immediately sitting on the bed she covered herself with her hands noticing she was in a horrible state.  What is he doing here? Brushing her hair with her fingers temporarily and also adjusting her dress “G….good morning” she hesitantly greeted.

Yesterday felt like a dream to her. She couldn’t believe she is already a married woman.

As if he commited a crime he averted his eyes “Good morning” he answered confidently. He always gets away with his expertise in changing expressions.

His phone kept ringing and he kept searching for it under the bundle of presents and also the decorations in the room.

Getting out of the bed with an intention to help him, namjoo hurriedly brought his phone which she spotted lying on the table and handed it to him.

“Thanks” he showed his bright smile. She nodded shyly.

Shifting her hair behind her ear she stood awkwardly. Should i go take a bath? Or is it best to allow him to take a bath first?? Ah….i don’t know. Her attention shifted to the luxurious room. She was too nervous to notice yesterday night but she was very impressed with the interior.

Glancing at her, a smile spread across his face. Again his phone rang incessantly in his hand disturbing his admiration.

Taking the call his face scrunched up “Mom??” he asked surprised thinking they are calling him this early.

“Kyungsoo, child you are still asleep?” his mother complained from the other side.

“It is just that you got up too early mom. It is just 6 in the morning” he complained. His ears twitched hearing the sounds on the other side of the call.

Ignoring it as the commotion grew louder on the phone “Looks like everybody is there” he said shaking his head in disbelief.

“Yeah, the kids slept here yesterday as it was too late. Where is namjoo?” she asked excitedly.

Walking towards her he handed the phone to namjoo “Mom” he mouthed when she gave a confused look.

Nervously she took the call “Good morning” she answered softly; she wasn’t sure what to call her yet.

“Good morning my dear, are you comfortable over there? This boy never listens to me. I suggested him to come and stay with us but he never listens. Now, he even took my precious daughter in law away” she complained about her son.

A smile spread across her face as she glanced at the curious kyungsoo. Realising her rant is going on kyungsoo leaned closer to namjoo. She became stiff as he was just an inch away “Mom, stop it you are embarrassing me” he snarled but in a cute way.

Looking at him pouting, she giggled. Kyungsoo gave a glance at her and questioned her why she was laughing by raising his eyebrows while she shook her head feigning ignorance. So he can pout too?

Grinning widely “Look mom even your daughter in law is making fun of me” he teased.

fell wide open “Kyungsoo-ssi” she whined slowly.

“Just kidding” he winked. Surprised she bit her lips shyly. Now that he saw her a few times he was aware she does that when she is embarrassed.

“Bro!! Kyungsoo!! D.O!!!” the voices from the phone were so loud that he had to keep it away.

“Kyungsoo, come visit us. Bring namjoo along too. We will spend some time together. Namjoo will feel better too” his mother suggested.

“Mom, we will, but first send those kids away” he scowled.

Namjoo giggled at his behavior. Suddenly, sowon came on line “Sis in law!!” she shouted.

Mercilessly, kyungsoo ended the call and threw the phone aside. Shocked namjoo looked at him “Is it okay?” she asked if he did the right thing.

“Don’t worry, this is not new. They are getting on my nerves early in the morning” he said casually as if it is not a big deal. It was clear he was used to this.

She smiled at his behavior and also imagining what those guys might be saying about him.

 “I will freshen up first?” she said more like asked. Smiling at her innocence “Sure” he gave a short reply.

“I have to send some mails. You can go ahead” he gestured her to do her work.

“Umm….excuse me” she softly answered.

Walking in the closet she searched for clothes to wear. Going through she noticed, they were either short dresses, either they were too exposed. “How can i wear these?” she mumbled looking troubled.

She never wore such type of clothes. She is a conservative girl, too much exposure and revealing clothes are not her type at all. She didn’t want to wear the branded clothes in house or else she will worry about dirtying them.

Luckily, she brought her own luggage. There were pretty decent clothes in it. Grabbing a pretty yellow wrapdress with few ruffles, she decided to wear that. Choosing the matching undergarments she headed to the bathroom as the idea of her coming outside in a robe was impossible.

Halting her steps, she noticed kyungsoo on the couch, busy with his laptop immersed in his work. As he turned his head, instantly she hid her clothes behind.

Kyungsoo smiled at her and turned his head focusing on the laptop. Namjoo felt relieved. You are so carefree namjoo. He could see your underwear idiot. She mentally slapped herself for not paying attention.

Sneakily she left to the bathroom. After thoroughly washing for atleast 20 minutes she stepped outside wearing the dress she selected. Her hair was wet and her pale skin was shining.

Kyungsoo who was busy on the phone turned around as he heard the sound of the door. His jaw dropped looking at her. His eyes scanned her from top to bottom. Namjoo looked down shyly when she noticed that. Why does he always look at me like that? Biting her lips, she tucked a few strands of wet hair behind her ear.

“Sir….sir” the person on the call had to disturb him. Snapping out kyungsoo cleared his throat “Ah….yeah….the…files” he rubbed his forehead, clearing his thoughts from namjoo, “Email.. Send it to the concerned parties and then follow up” he explained to his employee and ended the call.

Pretending to do some work he sat in front of laptop but actually was watching her. He was smitten by her after shower, wet hair and no make up look and also how she smelled. He found her really pretty without make up. He preferred her this way though her make up was always limited.

Every time he saw her she had her makeup on, now that he saw her barefaced he was impressed. She looks beautiful without make up too.

He could see his wife sitting in front of the mirror struggling to do her makeup.

Initially namjoo wanted to wake up early, atleast earlier than kyungsoo but he beat her to that. She was trying hard to apply make up on her face. She could vaguely remember what yerim taught her before the wedding.

You need to create a nice impression in front of your husband. You should be always well dressed and look pretty. Men like that.

She could recollect the unnnecassary suggestion she gave her. Why does that girl know everything?

She frowned as applying eyeliner was equal to entering a battle field. Losing her patience she threw it aside. “Whatever, i am only applying loose powder and lipstick” she declared mumbling.

Pouting she decided to go for it again thinking she needs to look presentable. When will she learn if not now? She has to do it one day. She convinced herself and gave it a go.

Luckily, her precious time was saved as result was pretty good for a first timer. She couldn’t believe she is struggling now; she usually went bare faced to the office daily.

Kyungsoo who was watching this was having loads of fun. The expressions on namjoo’s face which he couldn’t see when he met her could be seen in these few minutes. He placed his forefinger on his lips and was smiling at her.

Namjoo turned her head to check on her husband and kyungsoo was quick to pretend he is engrossed in working. Looking at him her lips turned up. She looked at her wedding ring and she still couldn’t believe she is married to him.

Snapping from the thoughts, wondering if she should turn on the dryer she glanced at kyungsoo. She did not want to disturb his work. Walking towards him, afraid she will disturb him “Erm…kyungsoo-ssi” she called him. Clearing his throat, “Yes?” he asked puzzled.

“Can i on the dryer?” she asked his permission afraid. He chuckled hearing that.

“Lollipop, you don’t need to ask. You can do anything. This is your room too” he informed.

Smiling she spun around, the water droplets from her hair fell on his face.

Kyungsoo was surprised; closing his eyes due to the sudden coldness. He opened his eyes and his face gleamed watching the clueless girl. Lollipop, really? He shook his head in disbelief.

Now that he gave her permission, she concentrated on her hair. It is still awkward though. My first day after marriage, unbelievable!!

Sound of laptop shutting brought her back from her thoughts. “I am going to take a bath” he informed getting up. She nodded nervously.

Reaching her side he stood behind her. Hurriedly, namjoo got up and gave a puzzling look. She stepped back almost leaning on the mirror. Now what?

Smiling at her, he took her hand in his. Nervously she looked at him. Smiling widely, he handed his phone to her “Speak to your family. They might be worried” he suggested.

His kindness always gets to her. Now that he mentioned she didn’t have a phone as it broke when she was kidnapped. She was depressed recollecting the incident. Her smile faded a crease appeared on the forehead.

“What happened? Take it” he said. Flashing a gentle smile she nodded.

“I will be back” he excused and left to the bathroom.

Dialing yerim’s number, namjoo kept the phone to her ear. As if waiting for her call yerim answered it immediately. “Yerim” she softly said.

“N…namjooo!!!!!” she screamed in happiness recognizing her voice.

Namjoo giggled imagining her jumping in excitement “Yerim, calm down!!” she said to relax though yerim was still the same.

“So how is your house? Did you like it? How is bro in law? Did he treat you nicely?” her questions kept coming towards her like a train.

“Yerim…yerim….i will tell you everything but cool down a bit” namjoo suggested. Listening to her she calmed down.

She immediately stepped out of the room. Namjoo answered her every question patiently “He treated me really nicely” she praised him. Yerim on the other hand kept teasing her sister. She complained why she did not call her earlier as she was eagerly waiting to speak to her.

Namjoo’s face scrunched up “Yerim, my phone fell down and broke. I have to buy a new one” she replied.

Now that she was out she noticed the house. As it was night she couldn’t see properly but damn, the house was too big. It’s a mansion. She corrected herself. It was enough for more than forty or more people, ‘probably’, as she thought the number was exaggerated. The walls were beige coloured and the furniture was expensive and the flooring was marvelous. The art pieces hung around the corner were stunning. A big chandelier attached on the ceiling looked exquisite.

“I am asking you something…namjooooo” yerim’s whining brought her back. Shaking her head she scurried down the stairs “Yes, yerim” she continued. Her rant went on for a while simultaneously namjoo reached downstairs and spotted the kitchen.

“Yerim, i have to prepare breakfast for kyungsoo-ssi. What do you think is the best?” she asked her suggestion but she couldn’t get any help.

“Okay, bye” she said interrupting her talks while yerim was displeased “Okay….now that bro in law came you forgot about me” she fake cried.

Namjoo giggled “He just woke up. Please yerim” she pleaded.

“Fine!!!!  Mrs.Do namjoo, go to your dearest husband” she ended the call.

“Yer…” noticing the call ended she shook her head smiling to herself. It was new, the feeling to be called mrs.do, her husband’s surname.

Putting the phone aside, she looked for the ingredients but there was nothing except for the bread, instant coffee, some sausages and eggs.

Luckily, those weren’t expired. “Looks like a simple breakfast is in kyungsoo-ssi’s fate” she giggled.

After preparing them which was like minutes she looked at it “Will he like it? I guess he is used to eating luxurious food?” she pouted thinking of what ifs.

“Oh, i should give the phone to kyungsoo-ssi. Should i take the breakfast up? Or will he come down? I don’t know” she sighed and left to give him the phone, also to ask about breakfast. 

After knocking she entered their room, at the same time kyungsoo was back after a refreshing bath. Her eyes were drawn to his shirtless torso and track pants hanging low on his narrow hips. Broad shoulders, abs chiseled, pecs defined with muscle, not brawny or overpowering but subtle. He was looking dashing that she didn’t know where to look.

His arm muscles were tensed, popping a bit. He definitely works out, as his abs was clearly noticeable. Atleast whenever he finds time he hits the gym.

Namjoo was bewildered noticing him. Averting her eyes she stood to the other side. That…that surprised me..i don’t know where to look. Why he is not wearing anything by the way?. It was really awkward and uncomfortable to watch him as it was her first time watching a man like this. She wished she had brothers, atleast she would be accustomed to men walking half .

Kyungsoo was cool about it somehow, as if he didn’t care about it that much. Drying his hair with the towel he walked towards the mirror.

Namjoo did not know where to look at all. Immediately she opened the cupboard pretending to take something. This was first time she saw him half as he was always dressed in suits or a shirt which she took a glimpse of yesterday.

Though she accepted he looks really good in suits but damn his body was something else. As she saw him in suits she never expected him to have abs. The casual clothes look good on him too. God, it feels so strange. Why do you have to walk like that kyungsoo-ssi? Though it is our room…..i guess i have to make a habit soon…but it is embarrassing.

Sighing she noticed kyungsoo casually drying his hair. Infact he was grinning widely noticing her through the mirror. He could see how flustered she was watching him walking out like that. He can sometimes act coy too. After all, he wants to see the various side of his wife.

A knock on the door disturbed them. Namjoo was startled listening to the sound. She expected only them in this house but noticing the calm kyungsoo she controlled her heart.

Grabbing a black vest from aside, he wore it quickly.

“Come in” he ordered and a middle woman opened the door “Young master, good morning” she greeted.

“Morning madame” she greeted looking at namjoo. Puzzled she returned the greeting softly.

The elder lady flushed noticing the bed with scattered flowers. The whole room was filled with flower petals scattered in the room. Her ears turned bright red; awkwardly she glanced at kyungsoo and then shifted to namjoo. Embarrassedly namjoo hung her head down.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat, masking his confident face he introduced her instantly “Mrs.yang is here to keep you company. From today onwards she will be taking care of you. There are other servants too” he informed.

Namjoo was not used to these luxuries. She doesn’t need this at all but she didn’t want kyungsoo to adjust because he was used to it.

“What would you like for breakfast, mrs?” she asked her choice.

Shaking her head, namjoo denied “Umm…” she hesitated, glancing at kyungsoo secretly.

The elderly lady saw that. “I will make arrangements to clean the room” she flushed and left the room.

Looking elsewhere, “Kyungsoo-ssi? Would you like to come down for breakfast?” she asked as it might be uncomfortable for her.

“Yeah sure, i will change right now” he smiled and walked towards the closet to choose the clothes.

Until he was back, namjoo placed the pillows in its place just to engage herself from a possible distraction from the embarrassing things.

Fortunately kyungsoo came out dressed in a bright red t-shirt, threw a black jacket and jeans. He applied perfume and ran his gelled hands through his hair.

Clearing his throat he glanced at namjoo just to make his presence noticeable. Namjoo turned around stunned only to see her handsome husband standing in front of her.

Even if she tried not to make it obvious her flushed face said it all. He was looking extremely dashing. Am i really okay to be called the wife of this perfect man? He won’t regret right? Marrying me?

“How am i looking?” he asked his eyebrow arched and his hands spread out.

“Ummm…..good” startled by his question those are the only words she could speak.

Chuckling at her response, “Lollipop……just good?” he questioned as if disappointed.

She played with her fingers troubled. Shaking her head she shyly glanced at him.

“You are looking pretty” his voice was playing a tune in her ears. They didn’t talk that much and whenever he spoke it was always in a whisper or a low tone but she admitted that he had the best deepest and manly voice she has ever heard from a man.

Biting her lips as she was embarrassed, she turned to the other side “Ummm…kyungsoo-ssi….breakfast….” she reminded him.

She is so sly. “Yes….let’s go” he chuckled and both left the room together.

As they reached the living room, namjoo was surprised to see the number of servants. They were assigned for every work. They introduced themselves to her.

“She is my wife” kyungsoo introduced while they smiled, more like teased. Hearing that, namjoo felt shy. Her eyes beamed hearing the word wife from his mouth.

After talking to the lady Mrs.Yang, namjoo came to know that there were only men who were working in the house for kyungsoo but as namjoo might feel uncomfortable he brought the old couple Mr. and Mrs.Yang, who were earlier working in his parents’ mansion.

In addition to that, the men are to leave immediately after the work was done as namjoo might not like it. On that, there was no young girl working at this house previously and presently. She learnt that he never allows the girls to work for him. Hearing that she was moved at her husband’s thoughts.

Kyungsoo-ssi is cute. She smiled at kyungsoo who was seated at the dining table waiting for the breakfast to be arranged.

He glanced at namjoo “Lollipop!!” he called, signaling her to come to him.

The servants were startled as him calling her with nickname was impossible, on that lollipop was unimaginable. Namjoo was surprised too and played with her fingers shyly.

Crap!!! Releasing his mistake kyungsoo froze. Clearing his throat “What the hell are you all doing? Where is my coffee?? You know i need coffee early in the morning” he screamed.

“I…I am sorry sir” the cook immediately answered and rushed to the kitchen.

Even namjoo was startled at his behavior not knowing he did that to hide his embarrassment. Quickly she took her steps from the kitchen and took a seat.

She dislikes it when somebody talks loudly, also disrespectfully. Why does he always shout?

“Lollipop” he called her asking if she was fine. Noticing her scared look he smiled “Hey, i am not ready to listen to another lecture from you” he teased recollecting their previous encounter.

Biting her lips she hung her head down “Kyungsoo-ssi, please….” she pleaded telling him to forget about it. How long will he talk about that?

Thanks to his effort namjoo was fine. What do i do with this Mr.Arrogant?

The coffee was served and breakfast too.

Namjoo handed the coffee she prepared for him and he took it happily.

Taking a sip a frown appeared on his face. What the hell? Who added sugar and milk to the coffee? “Robert?? Where is your mind? Concentrate on your damn work will you?” he scolded the cook.

“Sir, maam prepared the breakfast today” the butler expressed, hesitatingly.

Namjoo panicked “Kyungsoo-ssii?? Is the coffee not to your liking?”.

“I will prepare it again” she said taking the cup back but he stopped.

“Lollipop, i wanted to know who prepared this wonderful coffee. I like it” he faked a smile and drank it in a go just for her happiness. Namjoo smiled contently as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter