First kiss

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo arrived at the office and worked until he was exhausted. He kept scolding his employees for the poor work. He even skipped lunch and overexerted himself.

Jungshin sighed in defeat watching him when seolhyun, kyungsoo’s secretary approached him “Jungshin, there was call for you. A lady left a message but she didn’t give her name. Oh she even enquired about boss weirdly, asking if he is unwell, if he is eating properly. Wonder who she was?” she shrugged.

Jungshin got a hunch it must be namjoo “What is the message?” he asked anxiously. “Take care of him” she gave a puzzling look. Jungshin smiled in response “Thanks and can you please arrange food for the boss” he requested her. Seolhyun agreed still confused.

Kyungsoo reached house in frazzled state. Straight away he reached his room and dropped on the bed. The staff called him for food. He sat at the table but he couldn’t eat anything. Though he thought he could go back to before but it was a difficult task. Namjoo’s presence was everywhere in this house, in his life. Pushing the plate aside he walked to his room groggily. The staff felt bad watching him. “Mrs.yang, when is maam coming back i can’t see young master like this” the old man asked his wife. The lady wasn’t sure too and couldn’t answer any of the staff questions. “She will come back. Can’t she even take a break?” she dismissed their obvious suspicions.

Kyungsoo sat in the room blankly staring at the scenery outside of the window “Why did you go without telling me? You didn’t even bother to reconcile. My mistake is it unforgiveable?” he muttered under his breath. Massaging his head he landed in front of the mirror which was now repaired.

His phone rang at the right time. Taking the call “Dad?” he questioned. “Where were you kyungsoo? How can you be so irresponsible? I have been calling you from the past few days and there is no response at all. Are you a kid?” he scolded. Sighing kyungsoo revealed “Dad, i didn’t have my phone. I just got it today. How did you get my new number?” he questioned back. His father was mad “That is not the issue here, your mother wants to speak to you since many days” he revealed.

Instantly he could hear his mother’s voice “Kyungsoo, this is really not done son. I didn’t expect this from you” she complained. “Mom, sorry okay?” he was in no mood to argue.  “Your sorry doesn’t change anything son. I can’t believe you hurt that innocent girl” she was disappointed. He was pissed off “Did she?” he was interrupted “Kyungsoo….it was not her. She didn’t even complaint a single thing about you instead she was praising you and supporting you. How could my son be the reason for his wife’s tears? This is not what i taught you. She was secretly crying when she visited the house” she revealed.

His heart ached hearing that and remained silent. “What differences made you slam the mirror and destroy your room? I never raised you to be such a man who could behave in such a way with his wife” she was utterly disappointed. “Mom, how did you?” he questioned. “I have my sources” she gave a stern reply. “You keep scolding your son mom. What about your daughter in law? She left without a word to her parents” he expressed sadly. “It was me kyungsoo. She was not ready to go. I thought a change in atmosphere will help her clear her mind but you…..you are giving her more pain. Please stop this son” she pleaded.

“Mom” inhaling deeply “I will fix this” he assured and ended the call. “Everything is going wrong” he muttered. “She was crying” he massaged his head. The phone dropped from his hands and landed on the floor. He crouched on the floor to take it but found a mysterious paper underneath the table. “What is this?” he took it and was dumbfounded. It was namjoo’s note.

 

Kyungsoo-ssi,

Where are you? Are you okay? I called you so many times but couldn’t reach your phone. Mom insisted me to stay with them. I don’t want to go without clearing and talking through but i can’t reach you at all. I am writing a note. If you see this please call me. I am worried.

Yours,

 Namjoo lollipop

 

Sighing he sat on the floor “Mom is right. I am an idiot. How can i even think about her like that? Man, what the heck am i doing acting so immaturely? Where did my optimism go?” he was utterly disappointed with the way of handling things.

 A knock on the door disturbed him. Mrs.Yang entered the room “Young master, this” she handed a tattered diary “It was found while cleaning your room” she revealed. As soon as she turned to leave “Ah…sources” he muttered to himself recollecting his mother’s words.

His attention shifted to the diary “This diary? Isn’t it hers?” he opened it suspicious why it was burned. Turning the pages he was dumbfounded to see everything written about him “What is this? Everything is about me?” he muttered in disbelief.

If i have to compare happiness to something it will be kyungsoo-ssi. Until today i didn’t know what happiness is but today i got to know through him. He gave me happiness. My hearts overflows whenever he does something for me turning into tears. Strange, people cry when they are sad and even when they are happy. Kyungsoo-ssi, is the only one who can give me happy tears. I am very bad at expressing things but one day i would like to tell him that he is the best thing that happened in my life. That i don’t ever want to fight with him or separate from him. Words like always, forever, when people casually use those it irked me but when kyungsoo-ssi uses those words i feel like i can believe them. Because with kyungsoo-ssi i am sure these words do comply with their meaning. I wish i will always be together with him and only with him i am confident i will get eternal happiness.

“She was really happy” he muttered with a smile. He went through the pages and read each carefully “I thought her tears were…..i did a grave mistake. All she needed was love and……I want to see her” he decided. Hiding the diary safely, he immediately left the house.

Driving at full speed he left to clear the misunderstandings and patch up. It was already past midnight but it didn’t stop his decision of wanting to see her.

Meanwhile, namjoo was lying down but didn’t get a wink of sleep. Plugging her earphones she expected his voice through the song will comfort her but all it did was to remind her of him. Closing with her hand she sobbed quietly. Kyungsoo-ssi, don’t you want to reconcile? What if he never wishes to see me? What if he wants to end this marriage?....what if he finds another girl to replace me?.....no…..I am sorry….sorry.

Not to disturb her family who was sleeping she left to other room. Her phone rang and her heart expected it to be him “Kyungsoo-ssi” she muttered but noticed it was a different number. Disappointedly, she didn’t pick it up. Again the phone rang. Expecting it might be him she picked it up finally “Hello?” she spoke with her hoarse voice. There was no answer from the other side. “Hello?” she spoke again but all she could get was silence. A slow breathing could be heard from the other side “K….kyungsoo-ssi?” tears dropped from her eyes “Is it you? kyungsoo-ssi?” she questioned. Not hearing anything “Please speak to me if it is you kyungsoo-ssi….please” she pleaded, sobbing.

“Namjoo” she could hear his voice after a very long time but it made her heart ache “Kyungsoo-ssi” she cried. She could hear a police siren going in the background of the call and the same passed by her house. Realising he is nearby her house she gently opened the door not to disturb her family and ran outside urgently.

“Kyungsoo-ssi” she spoke on the phone but also kept searching on the lonely road. It was so dark but at the end of the road she could see a figure. Recognising his silhouette she ran to him in full speed. The moonlight fell on him revealing his face. She increased the speed and landed in his arms. Hugging him tightly, she burst out crying “Are you okay? Where were you? Why didn’t you call me kyungsoo-ssi? Why did you trouble me so much? I was so worried if something bad happened to you.I know i was wrong but you. You don’t want to see my face? Do you want to divorce me?” she cried hugging him tightly.

Divorce? He was bewildered “Namjoo” he denied. Noticing him not hugging her back on that calling her with her name “Is everything over between us? Do you want to end it?” she cried hugging him tightly “But i don’t want that. I don’t want that kyungsoo-ssi. I want to live with you. I want stay by your side. I want to have a happy life with you. I want to believe in you. I want to trust you wholeheartedly” she expressed sincerely.

Breaking the hug she cupped his face “I want to have my future with you…..Please call me lollipop like you always do. Hug me like you always do…..Forever….stay by side” she expressed. An expression of guilt and worry spread on his face. Wiping her tears, he pulled her into his embrace and hugged her tightly “Lollipop” he buried his face in her neck. Namjoo felt contended. “Again” she requested. Breaking the hug he kissed her forehead “Lollipop”. Showing a bright smile, she kissed his forehead. Caressing her cheeks, “Sorry” he apologised. Shaking her head “It is me who was wrong. Sorry” she pleaded.  Giving a smile “lollipop, let’s go home” he wiped her tears. Pressing her lips together she nodded happily.

Recollecting her mother and yerim at the house she hesitated. Instantly she texted yerim, informing that she is going back with kyungsoo. Glancing at kyungsoo who was watching her intently she smiled. Clasping her hand with his she leaned on his shoulder. Kissing her hand, he immediately guided her to the car.

Instantly, they arrived at a place with a great night view. Both stood near the railing gazing the stars hand in hand. There was just silence but neither of them was worried about it. Taking his hand in hers she kissed it gently. A smile appeared on his lips.

Kyungsoo excused himself. Namjoo hugged herself due to the cold as she urgently came with him without preparation. Kyungsoo suddenly approached her, placing his jacket around her shoulders “You are beautiful” he commented. Namjoo smiled “Thank you. You are handsome too” she praised him.

Clearing his throat, he forwarded his hand “Hi, my name is Do kyungsoo” he introduced. “I was watching you from there and was kind of interested in you” he made up. Namjoo was puzzled but went along with him “Namjoo” she introduced. Smiling widely “Are you single?” he asked. Smiling at him “You can’t ask a girl that on the very first meeting” she played along.

He laughed “Yeah but what if i don’t want to let go of this opputunity?” he reasoned. She agreed to his words. “Want to be my woman?” he asked. She was perplexed. “I will always make you smile. I will always stay by your side and protect you. I will give you uncertain amount of happiness and love. Even if you don’t love me and believe me now, i will make sure you do that soon. I am positive i will definitely make a place in your heart. I will make you fall in love with me because when do kyungsoo decides something he gets it and this time all i want is you and your heart”. Her eyes welled up “Yes” she hugged him tightly “Please make me fall in love with you” she announced.

Breaking the hug “I went according to your pace but now i will show you my true self. I was always considerate and gave you enough time but now you have to walk with me”. Cupping her face “Just you wait and see how i will make you go crazy for me” he whispered in her ear. Instantly, she buried her face in his chest. I don’t know what he is thinking but i don’t care anymore. All i want is to stay with him.

“Our lives will be like beautiful flowers always fragrant and sweet. I promise” he assured her. Disagreeing with his words, she reasoned. “Flowers tend to lose their freshness and wither with time, comparing to that i prefer our lives to be like a grass which is evergreen and grows strong even after facing adversities like sun, rain and storm” she reasoned she can do it if she is with him. Gazing at her, he took a first step and leaned closer with an intention to kiss her. Expecting it she closed her eyes though she was unsure.

His stomach rumbled at the right time. Both looked at each other and laughed. Clasping her hand with his “I am hungry. Let’s eat something” he guided her to a convinience store nearby. They got into the car after purchase. Grabbing her hand he placed it on the hand gear with his hand on top. Feeling shy, she glanced at him dearly whenever he changed the gears. Her heart was beating so fast that she was puzzled if something was wrong with her. There was a new tingling sensation in the pit of her stomach. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter