New start

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another bright morning; kyungsoo was in his office working. Jungshin was accompanying him and some other employees while jin entered abruptly “Hey D.O” he said taking a seat casually.

Kyungsoo ignored him and continued in his laptop. He kept sneezing a couple of times, as he was drenched in rain the other day.

“Working again, did you forget that you are not single now? You are….” Jin commented but kyungsoo interrupted “Jungshin, out!!” he ordered.

“Yes boss” jungshin guided all the employees out immediately after getting the cue.

Kyungsoo shut his laptop after saving a file “You, can’t you just…” he frowned and sniffed his nose.

Jin was confused.

 “Nobody in the office is aware of me getting engaged” he informed.

“What?? But why?” jin asked confusedly.

“You are asking me that?” kyungsoo questioned and then continued after frowning a little “You have seen what happened right? Once they know that i am getting married they start wondering who i am getting married to and lollipop will be a medium of witch hunting and i don’t want that. I am sure media is already on the search. Look jin, lollipop’s details should never get in the hands of media. I don’t want to see her crying again” he explained.

“I will inform the office about me getting married a day before so there will be no commotion” he reasoned.

Jin laughed “You….really like her a lot, don’t you?” he asked.

Kyungsoo was taken aback “What?? Where did that come from? This concern is natural i guess since i am getting married to her” he explained casually.

“Nah doesn’t look like that’s the only thing” he teased while he ignored him and continued with his work after rolling his eyes at his smirking friend.

He sneezed again and caught his head “My head” he muttered rubbing it. Jin had this wide grin on his face while kyungsoo ignored him expecting what he is going to utter, saying he got wet for her and caught a cold.

“By the way, won’t you call her? After all, you are her fiance” he explained.

“I don’t have her number” he reasoned normally and was busy with his work.

“What?? And here i thought you changed” jin mocked, shook his head in disbelief.

“Jin, shut up!!” he ordered while he sighed, simultaneously rolling his eyes.

“By the way, you are helping me with the arrangements” kyungsoo informed to his friend. A slight smile appeared on his face but he controlled it.

“Ooh, looks like this angry young man is all set?” he made fun of him.

Kyungsoo glanced at him shifting his eyes from laptop to his face and threw a file at him. Instead of frown he had a slight smile on his face thinking about getting married to namjoo.

Jin watched him in awe and showed a wide smile.

At night, kyungsoo arrived at his parents’ house as his mother wanted to discuss about something.

“Mom, what is it now? I told you to take care of everything i am really busy with the business meetings” he reasoned throwing his coat aside.

His mother huffed “Always meetings and work. Concentrate on your marriage and wife to be”.

Sighing he withdrew “What is it?” he asked taking a seat on the couch.

Sowon explained “You need to select a wedding ring for sister in law. Take her for shopping; she must like it too right?”

Inwardly he became happy to meet namjoo “Oh, okay. Ask her if she is free?” he said.

Sowon hit her head “What should i do with him? Call her bro, why should i always act as a mediator?” she frowned.

“I would, if only i had her phone number” he said irritated, rolling his eyes.

Sowon gave a teasing look “Here” she handed namjoo’s number.

Kyungsoo took it immediately but hid his excitement in front of them.

“Okay, i am leaving. Got an important meeting” he said grabbing his coat, sprinting towards the door. He smiled from eye to eye looking at the number.

After the meeting kyungsoo reached his house. He fell on his bed and took the phone, deciding to call namjoo as he couldn’t call her earlier due to work.

“What am i worried about? She is getting married to me. It is nomal that i call” he encouraged himself.

Taking a deep breath he dialed her number.

Namjoo was with yerim discussing about the shopping list. The date has been finalized but they didn’t even start with the works. There was no time. Surprisingly, her father was doing his share of work.

On that her mother’s family arrived at her house. Even the people who spoke hurtful words about her before pretended as if they cared. Namjoo couldn’t understand how can act so coy but she didn’t want to ruin the atmosphere at all.

“What to do namjoo? We need to purchase jewellery but will it match to their status? I don’t want the same drama to happen again on the wedding day you know?” yerim commented.

She agreed “But we can’t spend that much. You will get married too you know. We need to save for you too” she reasoned.

She twisted her ring thinking about the works but her eyes shifted to her ring. A smile appeared on her face recollecting kyungsoo’s words. It will become a habit.

At the right time namjoo’s phone buzzed but she ended it after looking “Unknown number” she mumbled.

Again it rang “Must be brother in law” yerim teased.

Namjoo glared “As if” she said shaking her head, a small pout appeared.

“Hello?” she took the call after the third ring.

“Lollipop” said kyungsoo from the other side.

“K…kyungsoo-ssi??” she stood up immediately. Yerim chuckled watching her while she hit her playfully.

“Hiii….were you busy?” he asked lying on the bed.

Namjoo shook her head as a no and yerim hit her head “Talk” she whispered and rolled her eyes.

“Umm…no…how did you get my number?” she asked nervously.

“How? Monkey gave me….i mean sowon” he giggled.

Namjoo smiled.

Yerim nudged her to speak more while she shook her head saying she can’t.

“Do it” she glared.

Not having a choice namjoo asked “Erm…had your food?”.

Yerim controlled her laughter thinking she didn’t have anything else to ask while namjoo pouted.

Kyungsoo slept on his side “Yeah, but the schedule was really hectic today. Hardly had time to eat” he explained.

He was happy thinking the conversation was going smoothly.

Namjoo was troubled not knowing what to talk. It was really hard for her as she never spoke to guy before on phone.

He sneezed at the right time and she got worried “Kyungsoo-ssi, you caught a cold?” she asked in a sad tone thinking it was her mistake.

His lashes fluttered and he became excited “Nah, it is fine…..” he made an excuse saying it wasn’t a big deal.

Noticing she was silent he smiled thinking she is still at it “Lollipop, i am fine” he convinced.

“Okay, but please be careful. Don’t drink cold water, take medicine and take rest okay?” she explained

The corners of his mouth quirked up “And?” he teased while she was flustered “That….umm…” she chewed on her bottom lip.

Both went silent suddenly. Yerim poked her telling her to speak. She felt burdened.

“W..why did you call? I mean any work?” she asked finally.

“What the hell are you doing?” yerim whisper-yelled.

“Oh…” he was taken aback and clenched his fists thinking she isn’t interested in talking to him though he made time for her. Suddenly he didn’t understand what to talk too.

Namjoo sensed he might be upset with her question “Kyungsoo-ssi, sorry……i am just nervous” she expressed truthfully.

He sat up straight happily “Really?” he asked.

He smiled broadly “No…it is good you are nervous. I mean who doesn’t right?” he said.

Namjoo could relax thanks to it “You might be tired right?” she asked concerned.

His ears perked up and jaws hurt from excessive smiling “No not at all…..” he cleared his throat “Lollipop….want to go on a date with me?” he finally asked.

Namjoo was taken aback and dropped the phone instantly.

“Hello??” kyungsoo was puzzled as there was silence. Checking the phone if she was on line he brought it to his ear again.

She picked it up urgently “If….if you want to” she answered hesitatingly.

“Really? Cool…then….oh i forgot, mom told me to inform you all are going shopping tomorrow…… so after that we will go on a date” he suggested.

“Hmm…okay” she answered.

“Then….” he cleared his throat “we will meet tomorrow. I will be waiting” he said biting his lips.

“You should rest now…..Goodnight” namjoo ended the call hurriedly.

Kyungsoo glanced at the phone “She hung up again” he pouted but smiled later. He jumped out of the bed and took something from the drawer. It was her scarf. Taking it in his hands he smiled widely.

“Oh god!!” namjoo hit her head on the table “I am almost died” she muttered ending the call, taking a deep breath.

Yerim sighed “For that much. You hardly spoke anything” she mocked.

“It is weird yerim. I am feeling really uncomfortable” she sighed.

“But you are getting married to him. It is natural” yerim explained.

“There was no natural in my life yerim. It never was. I am scared. I am extremely scared. Everything is going so fast there is no time for me to settle my mind” she stated troubled.

Yerim looked at her understanding “You are going to spend your life with him namjoo you can’t be uncertain now” she explained.

“I know. I understand he isn’t bad, that is the reason i said yes to marry kyungsoo-ssi but ….even if i know that he is good person my heart is still doubtful….what if he changes?....What if this kindness was all an act?....I don’t know…..i have been betrayed all my life whether it was family or friends or even strangers….so i am scared…. what if he betrays me? I want my marriage to be successful but with the way i am….truthfully i am scared of myself. Will i able to give happiness to kyungsoo-ssi?” namjoo teared up explaining her worries.

She wondered if really such kind people exist as she never encountered anybody, also was scared thinking what if this is all an act. What if he will change once they get married?

“You will namjoo. Just believe in him and yourself” yerim explained.

“I don’t want to get hurt. Not anymore” namjoo buried her face in her palms sighing.

Yerim sighed and tried to explain but she quit the thought as namjoo went t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter