A knock of happiness?

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo arrived at his parents house where a big party was held for his success. He was quite suspicious of his family as they never threw a party for such silly reasons. He almost cracks numerous business deals in a day.

He was looking dashing in his black suit. All the eyes were on him. ofcourse, he was the most eligible bachelor in town. His mother came to him and fixed his tie “Kyungsoo, don’t think of escaping from this party. There are some important guests coming over. I want you to meet them at all costs” she explained.

Kyungsoo looked at her suspiciously but his father interrupted “What are you doing dear, they are almost here” he informed and her eyes shined.

Sowon came running to her family, flaunting her brand new blue dress she got from the designer boutique. Kyungsoo was definitely suspicious of them. Before he could interrogate they left together.

I mean i have succeeded in getting these kinds of deals a lot. What is this party for? Wait a minute; are they trying to set me up with a girl? Hell, D.O, don’t let it happen.

He was disturbed when jin patted his shoulder “D.O, what are you doing here? Look our friends have arrived and are asking for you” he reasoned and dragged him towards the entrance.

“Guys!!” welcomed kyungsoo. His friends shook hands and came inside. His cousins joined him next and congratulated for his success.

They stood together talking about random things. Insung, one of his older cousins teased “Kyungsoo, look over there Mr.Yoo’s daughter is shooting hearts at you”.

Kyungsoo snorted with disgust watching her looking at him seductively and rolled his eyes.

“What say bro, shall i talk to her for you?” ken his other cousin winked with a teasing smirk.

“Not a gold digger like her, please” kyungsoo frowned, narrowing his eyes at ken.

“Then which girl do you prefer? With this our D.O, will be single till old” jin teased.

His friend joowan, suggested a game “Okay, let’s play a game. Starting now the first person to enter through the door today will be D.O’s soulmate”.

Kyungsoo’s face crinked listening to that “Wait, why should i play this dumb game? I am not interested in any game” he explained.

Jin agreed to his friend’s suggestion “It will be fun, D.O, let’s see who your soulmate is?”.

They decided and made neccassary arrangements. The friends stood together opposite to the entrance. They placed rose petals in the cloth and tied around it to welcome his soulmate.

Kyungsoo was dragged into this game without his consent. His cousins and friends were enjoying it too much, made him furious. They caught him as he was about to leave.

“Okay start” said joowan.

Tension arose, as nobody was entering the house.

Kyungsoo was also focused on the entrance. Somehow he was also part of the game.

The gang burst out laughing watching a man at a distance entering “Looks like he is kyungsoo soulmate” insung laughed.

The old man stopped before the entrance and began speaking to somebody.

Kyungsoo almost got a heart attack. On that these group of men were irritating him.

Next they noticed a married woman with a baby in her arms about to enter. His friends and cousins burst out laughing. Kyungsoo’s nose crinked in anger.

Their laughter subsided as the woman stopped and was busy with her baby.

Suddenly they all became silent and serious as behind the woman they noticed a young girl walking towards the entrance.

Kyungsoo now paying attention to them shifted his eyes to the entrance curiously.

His eyes landed on a beautiful girl who was at the entrance, walking inside nervously.

The girl in the golden dress stepped into the house looking around nervously. As soon as she stepped in the flower petals fell on her as if showering from the sky.

Kyungsoo froze looking at her. His lips turned up watching her smiling broadly, her pale skin, her silky straight hair, her innocent face, her dimpled cheeks, her big bright eyes and her plush lips everything about her was magical.

It was as if time froze around him. He could only see that girl, shyly and nervously looking at people. That moment was just for a few seconds but for him it felt like eternity. The smile on his lips never faded and he kept looking at her.

His friends frowned at their flopped plan and left depressed as they missed the opportunity of teasing him.

Kyungsoo kept looking at her with a wide grin on his lips. He was brought back to reality when jin shook his arm “D.O!!”.

“Yeah” kyungsoo snapped but still could not move his eyes off of her.

He could see sowon, his sister running to her and talking to her.

The girl smiled back shyly at sowon, spoke to her and then left with her. As if an invisible thread attached to him, his eyes kept following her.

 

 

Namjoo who stood confused as to what to do was greeted by a pretty girl.

Wow..She is so pretty.

“Hello, I am sowon. Please come in” she invited.

Namjoo greeted her nervously. She doesn’t even know her and not to mention nothing about this party. Still she smiled as the girl in front of her spoke to her warmly.

“Hi. Namjoo” she introduced with a smile on her face.

Sowon smile widely. “Come in namjoo-ssi” she spoke formally as she was older than her.

Namjoo turned back waiting for her family to arrive. She was feeling really left out in this place. Regradless, she left with sowon.

Sowon led her to her parents “Mom, dad…namjoo-ssi” she grinned showing her teeth. Namjoo bowed “Umm…hello” she greeted awkwardly.

God, who are these people? Where is he, mom and yerim? I am feeling nervous. Why are they looking at me like that?

Sowon’s mom smiled looking at her dearly. She moved closer and placed her finger on her chin, lifting up “So pretty, isn’t it dear?” she asked her husband.

Sowon’s father patted namjoo’s head showing his warm smile “We are really happy to meet you dear” he said.

Namjoo was completely confused to what was happening around her but she smiled at those people and bowed formally.

Luckily, her family arrived at the right time. Breathing a sigh of relief she stood beside her mother and yerim.

Her father was dumbstruck watching those people.

What’s with him now? Namjoo was confused watching his expression.

“This?” her father stuttered watching them as if seen a ghost.

Sowon’s father hugged him “Thank you so much you came with your family. We were dying to meet you all. Welcome, and i will explain everything to you” he said taking him to the side.

Yerim introduced not leaving any opportunity “Hello, I am yerim. Nice to meet you” she said happily to the lady and sowon.

They giggled watching her and sowon shook her hand with her.

“Auntie, is this your party?” asked yerim to sowon’s mom.

Namjoo nudged her telling her not to be impolite while the lady laughed at her innocence.

Sowon answered her question smiling “Yes, this is our party”.

Namjoo’s mother introduced nervously and sowon’s mother took her somewhere.

She turned around looking at namjoo asking her what is happening while she shrugged her shoulders.

“Namjoo, there were Mercedes, audi, bmw, lamborginis, limos and what not” she whisper-yelled. Namjoo showed her big eyes telling her to shut up.

Namjoo’s father came back with sowon’s dad with a dull look on his face, or say with his face burning with anger but being a skilled man he presented himself as a good person.

He gave a look of disgust to namjoo while she was confused.

What did i do now? Namjoo frowned inwardly.

 Meanwhile, the ladies joined them too.

“Oh, look. We didn’t introduce our son yet” sowon’s mother stated.

They looked around and found him “There he is. Kyungsoo, come here son” she called. Namjoo was uninterested in her son while yerim tiptoed to look for him.

Namjoo pinched her slowly telling her to behave and she whined quietly.

“Yes, mom” kyungsoo came to her silently.

He spotted namjoo and his eyes went round. He cleared his throat, maintaining his straight face.

“These are important guests of us kyungsoo” his father introduced them.

“Hello” he greeted namjoo and her family.

Namjoo greeted lowering her eyes, not even glancing at him once.

Kyungsoo was surprised as she didn’t pay any attention to him, which definitely earned brownie points.

Interesting girl, but this is the first time a girl gave me a cold shoulder.

He smiled inwardly. Of course, his arrogant self masked on it.

What is her name by the way?

He was disturbed when his business associates called him to talk. He left the place excusing himself.

 

The party was going on. Kyungsoo and his family were busy with the guests while namjoo was with her mom and yerim.

Namjoo’s mother was thrilled. She her hair lovingly.

“Mom? What’s the deal?” she asked the reason, noticing they were upto something.

“The match your father was talking about the other day is this. Namjoo, they asked your hand in marriage for kyungsoo, their son” she explained.

“What??” yerim shouted instead of namjoo though she was about to do the same. She closed watching the others weird stare.

“What are you talking mom? That man brought this match for me?” namjoo asked puzzled thinking how sun has risen from the west.

“It is impossible, there is definitely something going on. Did you see how he was glaring at me after talking to sowon’s dad?” expressed namjoo also confused what was happening.

“I don’t know but just say yes namjoo” her mother decided.

Namjoo frowned “Mom, you don’t get it do you? I told you i am not interested in wealth or somebody’s appearance i just want a person with beautiful heart. Do you think we can have a relation with these rich people? No…their world and our world are completely different. Take a look at their lifestyle and ours…it is impossible” she explained noticing they were alone. Her mother felt depressed.

“Mom lets just stay for sometime and then go back. This is not a pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter