Drenched in happiness

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the acceptance from both the parties, the elders discussed and settled an auspicious date for the engagement of kyungsoo and namjoo.

Namjoo was really tensed after hearing the news.

Finally, she was a step closer to the marriage. Number of thoughts ran through her mind. But what was disturbing her was her father wasn’t doing anything to break this marriage which was suspicious.

I never thought a day will come when i will be married, never thought this occasion will come in my life too. I think i should stop myself from being happy because when ever happiness comes to me, the sadness follows. I am scared. I am really afraid of my own fate. God, help me please. You are the only one i have.

“What are you thinking?” disturbed yerim.

Namjoo explained “We need to tell the truth yerim. I mean kyungsoo-ssi he doesn’t know that our family…..i don’t want to hide the truth. I can’t do this. I don’t want to start a new relationship with a lie”.

Yerim’s face turned pale “But namjoo once they know our family’s condition will they accept you? I mean it is true you didn’t do anything but still. They think ours is some ideal family filled with love” she reasoned.

“Atleast it is better knowing now than later” namjoo stated.

Her mother barged into the room, overhearing their conversation “Nobody is saying anything” she declared.

“Mom!!” namjoo said sternly, objecting her idea.

“Stop it namjoo. After a long wait you are getting engaged that too into a respectable family on that kyungsoo is a perfect man. Why are you stepping on your own happiness?” she questioned.

Before she could talk her mother interrupted “Enough of this discussion. We are not telling them anything” she declared and left them alone.

Namjoo could only sigh.

Yerim glanced at her “Is something else bothering you?” she asked noticing that wasn't the only thing she is troubled about.

Namjoo revealed “I want to talk to kyungsoo-ssi about something but…” she remained silent thinking something deeply.

“Oohh...Shall i get his number?” yerim suggested.

“It is not funny” she scoffed. “Anyway, why did they decide the engagement this early?” she frowned as it was just a few days away.

“You didn’t tell hyesung yet?” asked yerim.

Namjoo shook her head “I am planning to tell her but…..” she left the sentence incomplete and sighed.

Yerim nodded as she understood her.

 

It was the day of hyesung’s wedding.

Namjoo reached the wedding venue dressed in a peach coloured dress. Hurriedly she reached the venue as she was one of the bridesmaids. Straightaway she went to the waiting room to meet her.

“Sorry” namjoo pleaded joining her hands watching hyesung glaring at her.

“I had an important work to do” namjoo explained when she didn’t even speak to her.

After pleading and begging she accepted her apology.

The marriage ceremony was about to start. The guests have arrived. Namjoo took a seat after her task was done.

She kept looking at people’s happy faces and smiled. She could see the bride and groom’s families happily chatting and getting along with each other.

Marriage took place without any troubles. Namjoo congratulated them together.

“She is my best friend namjoo” introduced hyesung.

Namjoo smiled on hearing that. She felt lonely suddenly now that her only friend was leaving her.

“Don’t worry you are going to find somebody soon too” hyesung patted her back probably as she noticed her expression.

Namjoo gulped as she was hiding the truth “Hyesung that i…” they were disturbed when others joined to congratulate the bride and the groom.

Namjoo hugged her friend and moved aside. She greeted her parents and hyesung’s mother hugged her tightly as she was fond of namjoo “You will find your groom soon too. Have patience who knows he is just around the corner” she encouraged her.

“Auntie, why don’t you find me a guy too? You just found for your own daughter, what about me?” she teased. The lady chuckled and hit her playfully.

“You should have brought your family along” she was a bit upset.

Namjoo expressed yerim was busy with the exams while her parents were busy.

The reception was done and the bride and groom were ready to say goodbyes.

Namjoo was talking to hyesung’s other friends. She was happy as she always liked these environments.

Namjoo was a bit disappointed she didn’t tell hyesung about her getting engaged soon.

“Looks like i am not late” somebody said from behind.

Surprised namjoo ly to see kyungsoo dressed in a navy blue suit.

“K..kyungsoo-ssi??” she muttered, her eyes widened in shock.

“Hey, lollipop” he said rather calmly opposite to her reaction.

Immediately, she looked around nervously. Thankfully, the others left.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, how…umm….this…” she kept playing with the hem of her dress.

His lips turned up “I heard that you are here so decided to meet you” he said casually.

She was nervous yet again. She turned to the other side troubled “Meet me? Why?” she asked after controlling herself.

“What do you mean why?  I specially made time for you and came here. I heard there was something you wanted to talk to me” he informed.

Why did he come here? I am not used to this yet. It must be yerim again. God that girl never keeps quiet.

“They look good together” he commented breaking her thoughts.

A smile spread on her face watching her friend and noticing her happy with her husband. They were near the car ready to leave “Hmm…she looks happy” she commented.

Kyungsoo kept looking at her smiling face while namjoo felt nervous realizing it.

“Is there anything?” she asked if there was a smudge or something on her face.

He shook his head nervously “Nothing”. What the hell am i doing? He cursed himself internally.

“Let’s meet them” he said walking forward. Namjoo tensed up and immediately grabbed his coat stopping him “Kyungsoo-ssi”.

He turned around shocked while she took her hand back “Sorry…that…” she tightly shut her eyes. “Umm…that…..” she said biting her lips.

He smiled widely, his eyes didn’t leave her face for a second.

Hyesung who spotted her with a random guy was curious. Who is he?

She felt happy watching that but also was curious as namjoo with a guy was a rare sight.

She gave namjoo a glare. Who is he? Don’t even dare lie to me girl. You are such a….i am not talking to you. Her message got conveyed through her eyes though she didn’t speak anything.

Namjoo begged from a far noticing her sending daggers through her glare saying she will explain it later.

Namjoo chewed on her lip as her eyes met kyungsoo while hyesung’s jaw dropped watching that.

Somehow, their coding and decoding stopped; hyesung and her husband left in the car.

 “Lollipop” he whispered as he wanted to be alone.

“Kyungsoo-ssi, we should go?” she muttered.

He agreed to it as he was waiting for it.

They walked towards his car and stood near it “Where do you want to go?” he asked for her opinion.

She shook her head immediately “No..i just need a few minutes” she reasoned.

“Oh” he said disappointed. Namjoo was bewildered “I didn’t mean it like that” she said nervously.

“Lollipop, i understand” he showed a gentle smile.

Namjoo relaxed because of it. “Kyungsoo-ssi, i…” she hesitated.

He encouraged her to speak freely.

“You are really happy with your decision of marrying me?” she asked frankly.

He was confused why she was asking that. A frown appeared on his face.

Realising she was waiting “I understand it is really difficult to believe me as you don’t know anything about me but trust me this decision is mine and i am confident i am not making a mistake” he stated confidently.

A small smile spread on her lips.

“Anything else you want to ask?” he questioned to proceed if she does.

She bit her lip “Umm….there isn’t any ....girl in your life right?” she asked shifting her eyes from floor to his eyes. “If there is a girl already in your heart then, please don’t marry me” she pleaded.

His forehead creased. So she is doubtful about this marriage. Why am i getting so irritated over the fact?.......... He sighed.  I think she needs time.

“There is nobody in my life. I assure you” he convinced.

He continued watching she wasn’t satisfied “Lollipop, i am a social person and meet many people due to my business relations but that is just my work. In my personal life there isn’t anybody who is my heart. I kind of understand why you are asking this but i am not a person who would betray an innocent girl and marry her by lying to her” he explained coolly.

Namjoo felt relieved on listening to that as she doesn’t want any trouble and she didn’t want him to turn out like her father who was unfaithful to her mother.

“Please don’t misunderstand. I just…” she stopped and took a deep breath.

She could feel the sincerity in his words but also was scared of her future with him. Her distrust in people always holds her. Somewhere in her heart she is always suspicious of people’s sincerity and words, afraid they might betray her.

He glanced at her troubled face and smiled internally “There are lots of stuff on the internet going on about me being a player, a womanizer or even that i am gay. Those are all ridiculous and has no truth in them” he sighed.

Namjoo looked at him puzzled as she didn’t hear about that. Infact she didn’t even search about him.

“I am not” he justified while she controlled herself not to smile.

Ah….so that’s the reason he…now i understand why he isn’t stopping this marriage. Oh god, why? She felt depressed thinking about her father.

Kyungsoo noticed her smile fading.

 “Lollipop, i can ask the same right? There is no other man in your life?” he asked just to .

She was perplexed on hearing that and vigourously shook her head “No, there isn’t. I…I am not ….”.

He intervened “Hey, lollipop. I was just kidding. I know you aren’t like that i mean i can see” he explained giving a broad smile, infact he was just teasing saying she hardly talks to him.

She exhaled watching him smile.

Glancing at him nervously “Anything you want to ask me?” she asked clasping her hands nervously.

The cold air blew and touched their skins.

Noticing her shivering, he quickly removed the coat and placed it on her shoulders.

Surprised she looked at him “You…will catch a cold” she said returning it to him but he stopped “Namjoo” he commanded with a frown. With that she immediately stopped.

Instead of feeling troubled watching his serious face she smiled internally.

He took the coat from her hands and placed it over her shoulders.

She smiled secretly watching him, thinking he is such a kind man. Recollecting she is hiding such an important thing from him she felt disgusted. I have to tell him about my family.

“K..kyungsoo-ssi” she muttered and he was attentive “There is something….” she hesitated quite a few times.

He intervened “Lollipop, what matters to me is you. If you are hesitating so much to tell me then i would rather not listen to it….not because i am uninterested but because i don’t want you to make such a painful face in front of me. I prefer not hearing it than to watch you worried” he said frankly.

She felt nervous at his frankness but also grateful.

Her eyes turned moist but she controlled herself.

Happiness filled her heart “Kyungsoo-ssi, i got all my answers” she said smiling sincerely.

He smiled broadly on hearing that “Mine too” he muttered looking at her.

She averted her eyes and held on to his coat tightly which was over her shoulders.

He cleared his throat “Want to grab something to eat?” he asked her out after gathering courage.

She shook her head, averting her eyes “It is quite late and…..” she answered.

He felt awkward at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter