First night

A bumpy ride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dark outside, sky covered in twinking stars and a bright moon. The newly weds reached ‘their’ house in the car. Kyungsoo remodeled it according to her taste after they got engaged, which he learnt through their limited talks through the phone. It was a huge house with a spectacular view. Surroundings were calm and serene. It was no less than a mansion.

Swifly he parked his car “We are here” he said looking at her brightly.

Namjoo gave a half smile as she was extremely anxious. She glanced at the house and her smile returned.

“Lollipop, this is our home” he said smiling at her.  Turning to him, meeting his gaze for a second and then shifting to the house again. She dreamily looked at it.

This is my new house. no…home…I am going to start a new life here with my husband….with kyungsoo-ssi. I hope there is only happiness here for me and similarly i wish kyungsoo-ssi can be happy together with me.

Kyungsoo eyes sparkled watching her looking at the house dreamily. A thin line appeared on his lips. He stepped down the car urgently.

She was confused what he was doing but he immediately opened the door for her, showing his gentleman side to her. It was an unconscious act of his with no motives behind.

As soon as she got down from the car she tripped due to high heels. Once again she reminded herself not to wear these uncomfortable high heels.

Stepping on the dress, she was about to fall but kyungsoo caught her in his arms immediately. Securely placing his hand over her shoulders he helped her, maintaining his eye contact with her.

Her eyes closed instantly, in order to avoid looking at him.

Even with her eyes closed she can feel his gaze set on her.

His lips parted a little, the moonlight falling on her pale skin she looked like a goddess. It was impossible to believe she is now his wife…..‘his’.

Noticing him closer, she stood flustered for which he secretly smiled noticing her expression.

Hanging her head down, playing with her toes namjoo stood silently, but within her sight she saw a hand reaching out for her.

Puzzled she glanced at kyungsoo, only to see him smiling at her. Continuing, he directed towards his hand, asking her to place hers in his.

Hesitantly she placed her hand in his. A spark was lit in his heart.

Tightly clasping it, he placed his lips on the back of her palms.

His gesture send a shiver down her spine, her breathing was ragged. She averted her eyes from him. His dominating eyes still trouble her.

Rather than a frown, his lips turned up noticing her blushed cheeks.

With her hand in his, he walked towards the door and she followed nervously.

Positioning his eyes on her he guided into the house. As soon as the door opened the rose petals showered on her. Namjoo was surprised and also felt content. Her eyes gleamed watching them that she forgot she was uneasy a while ago.

Happiness took over her anxious mind. She giggled collecting them in her palms and smelling them.

Opposite to her reaction, kyungsoo was surprised how this happened as he was not the mastermind behind it. Watching her enjoying, his smile returned, the same sparkling smile she showed on the first day making a mark in his mind. Always looking innocent and pure he was fascinated to watch this mysterious girl who was now his wife.

“Surprise!!!” said the group of people from the inside making them startle.

Watching the same annoying gang at his house, his irritated self returned “What are you guys doing here? How did you even arrive before us?” he questioned, his nose crinked in anger.

They were getting on his nerves now.

“We are here to welcome sister in law” sowon ignored her already annoyed brother and hugged namjoo immediately.

Namjoo was quite relieved on finding those guys, being alone with him was making her uneasy.

Immediately, sowon took her inside. The men did the honours for kyungsoo, ignoring his unhappy look.

Only today he realized his friends and cousins can be such an eyesore, also his sister. It was so annoying to even look at their faces.

“So, you are done with the welcoming i believe? Get lost” kyungsoo arrogantly expressed.

“Woah, somebody is really excited to be alone with his bride” ken teased.

Jin joined him “Well, our friend here is going to turn into a new man today”.

His mouth fell wide open listening to their words. Even if he tried his best masking his emotions, his ears were bright red. His gaze shifted to namjoo and he looked at her intently.

Lowering her head instantly, namjoo played with her fingers nervously. Trembling in fear she twisted her wedding ring on her finger.

His patience was being tested “Enough of your plays, i am tired” he reasoned massaging his head. “You guys, she is not running anywhere. You can meet her later” he added watching their teasing looks.

The chuckles and murmurs didn’t die down but only increased. The bickering continued among his friends.

Suddenly, sowon got up “Let’s go sister in law” she said, saying she will help her to the room.

“Wait monkey, where you are you taking her?” he was puzzled why suddenly she is separating them. It was just out of concern but the ‘ooooohhh’ could be heard everywhere. He threw his hands in the air in disbelief.

Instead of answering she showed her teeth which he was sure he is going to break it into pieces today.

“I am taking your precious wife bro to get her changed. She is tired. Rest assured, i am not revealing any of your secrets” she finally set off, not even bothering to listen to him.

Holding her hand she took her while namjoo quietly followed her as her mind was not at all in once place. She was edgy thinking about the night.

Maintaining her proud smile, sowon guided her to the room. Completely different to the beige colour of the hall where they sat together, which namjoo took a sneak peak of; their room was a mixture of white and grey.

The interior was designed in such a way that screamed sophistication.  The room was gigantic with a king sized bed, a walk in closet which was more like a separate room, to relax was a big couch and tv for entertainment. It was a classy room.

As the door creaked open, namjoo’s tension grew. The whole room was decorated with red roses. Not to mention the king sized bed was covered in flower petals.

Yes, the guys went overboard, there was not a single space on the bed where they could see the white sheets.

Her heart thumped watching the decorated room.

Sowon turned around “Sister in law, this is your room. Yours and bro’s. Welcome” she guided inside.

Carefully she stepped in, only to notice a row of petals guiding her to the bed.

Sowon helped her with the dress and they successfully reached the bed.

“Sister in law, want to take a bath? You will feel refreshed” she suggested.

Gulping namjoo just nodded, her head still down. She definitely needs a bath as she was extremely tired, not to mention she was sweating profoundly thinking about the occurring events.

Flashing a smile, sowon guided to the bathroom.

Her jaw dropped looking at the spacious bathroom. She never understood why people are fond of luxuries and also never imagined she would be a part of that life too.

The bathroom was shiny with huge mirrors at either side; there was Jacuzzi inside, and the shower which namjoo never has seen in her life. Everything was expensive.

A sigh escaped from thinking how she is going to adjust living in this lifestyle. It was embarrassing as she was not familiar with any of these things, some probably she never heard of it before.

Sowon then took her to the huge vanity made of white marble. Opening it she showed her the items placed.

“There is everything you need here... from toiletries…just name it. I don’t know what kind of things you prefer so i shopped everything neccassary” she giggled like a child.

Calming herself down, namjoo thanked her for her effort.

“Not yet, we need to check the closet” she grabbed her hand and took her to the wall. Puzzled namjoo stood until she pressed a button a walk in closet opened where every branded item was placed from dresses to lingerie.

“I asked yerim for your size, hope everything fits. If there is something you don’t like, you can exchange them any time. I already spoke to the sales manager” she expressed.

“Sister in law, you liked it right?” she confirmed if there was anything else she wanted.

Namjoo shook her head “Thank you. You did so much for me” she expressed her gratitude.

“Ofcourse, after all you are my only sister in law” she smiled dearly and hugged her.

Clasping her hands nervously namjoo stood silently thiking if this is fine.

As if she understood sowon held her hands and expressed “Sister in law, bro asked me do this. I know it may be really difficult for you to adjust here but please remember we are always here to guide you. If you need any help we are just a call away. Mostly bro, i am sure he will treasure you. Infact he already does”.

Namjoo smiled, hung her head down feeling shy.

“So please, make bro happy. He is really a warm hearted man. He doesn’t see anything other than work but now that you are here, i am sure we don’t need to worry about him. Please, give him the happiness he deserves” she expressed.

Placing her hand on her cheek namjoo smiled “Don’t worry, your bro is safe with me” she joked.

Both laughed.

Recollecting the time, “Oh uh, that bro of mine is going to blow out if we don’t leave soon, looks like he wants you all to himself” she elbowed her.

Blood rushed to namjoo’s cheeks “Sowon….please” she hung her head down. She could only laugh. She looked really cute right now.

“So, sis in law you are going to freshen up immediately. Don’t worry; the guys are taking care of your husband in the other room. I can already hear him screaming” she giggled.

A smile appeared on namjoo’s face imagining him frowning “Mr. Arrogant” she muttered under her breath which sowon clearly heard. “Hmm???” she teased and namjoo felt shy and instantly rushed to the bathroom.

Sis in law is so cute. Shaking her head sowon stood but namjoo peeked through the door “How should i turn this on?” she asked her, feeling embarrassed.

Giggling sowon helped her with her clothes and also guided the buttons and shower etc.

Namjoo was thankful to her or else it would be a really big problem to ask kyungsoo as they were still awkward around each other.

On the other hand, kyungsoo was bullied by his cousins in the room. He was sure he will turn into a corpse before his wedding night.

“Shut up!!” he flared adjusting his shirt which was almost ripped off. Luckily he saved it.

“All of you, out” he screamed and they dispersed in a second in fright.

Closing his eyes, containing his anger, he headed to the bathroom and took a bath.

After the relaxing bath, he walked outside in a towel wrapped around his waist, noticed a white shirt, undergarments and some comfortable track pants kept on the couch “Those guys!!” he loured.

On the other side, namjoo was almost ready with the help of sowon. She was looking extremely beautiful in a simple cotton white dress, which showed her curves. Sowon wanted something branded but namjoo opposed saying who wears branded clothes for sleeping?

She then tried to persuade wearing a night wear but namjoo denied. Thankfully sowon succeeded in choosing a white dress than pajamas which was namjoo’s choice. She just wanted comfort than anything today, after weaing a heavy wedding dress she was exhausted.

“Because you will not sleep” her reasoning was enough for namjoo to almost have a heart attack.

A lump formed in expecting what she was hinting.

“Get out!!” they heard kyungsoo shouting. Both burst into laughter.

“I am leaving looks like he will kill us anytime” sowon raised her hands defeated.

She helped namjoo on to the bed.

 “All the best” whispered sowon in namjoo’s ear and winked.

Namjoo grabbed her hand “How….how are you going to go at this late at night. I am sure mom in law will be displeased. Why don’t you stay here for tonight?” she asked hoping her plan succeeds.

Noticing her hand trembling, sowon chuckled “Sorry but i don’t want to die in hands of bro. I am sure he wants you all to himself tonight. As for me, it is okay i am safe with…….” She paused.

Namjoo noticed her expression softened.

“………them and we are heading to home directly” she reasoned, teased and left.

Namjoo, who was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter