Bicycle

Cuteness Overdose

Bicycle



“Come on, just a bit more!” a boy mumbled as he tried his best to balance himself. He swung the handle slowly as he turned around. But then, the ground hit him.

“Uaaaaaaa…!!!” he shouted as the felt the pain on his knees. Tears began to crawl to his puffy cheek. The boy cried as his mommy hugged him, trying to stop him from crying.

From that day, the boy decided to not ever do cycling anymore.

---


“Hehehe…Yey!” a little boy cheered as he took his light blue bicycle. His mommy opened the door as the boy walked outside with his bicycle.

“Be careful, alright dear?” the mommy reminded.

“Don’t worry, Umma. I’ll be back before dinner!” the boy cheered as he rode his bicycle. Heading to the park near his house, he sang a kiddo-song. Finally he arrived at the park.

A figure of small boy on the bench, who’s eating a cookie, caught his attention.

“Minnie!” the boy with the bicycle called.

“Omooo! Bumie!” Minnie got up as he went into Bumie’s side.

“What are you doing here alone?” Bumie asked.

“I take evening walk around the park sometime,” Minnie explained,” What about you?”

“Well, I’m cycling!” Bumie spoke,” Does Minnie like cycling?”

Minnie didn’t answer; he shook his head after a few seconds.

“Minnie ah, what’s wrong?” Bumie asked.

“I…I can’t do cycling,” Minnie admitted,” I’m afraid of falling down…”

Bumie was surprised, he thought Minnie could do anything; but well, Minnie was just a child too.

“I’ll teach you, OK?” Bumie persuaded,” Don’t worry. I’ll hold you from behind so that you won’t fall.”

Minnie hesitated for a moment. He’s still afraid, but then he decided to give it a try. Minnie got up on the bicycle as Bumie held him from behind.

“OK, now try to cycle, move your leg slowly,” Bumie instructed like an expert,” Good! Now look at front and be sure to hold the handle right…”

Minnie tried his best and he managed to cycle front. The boy smiled and he turned around, doing exactly like Bumie’s instruction. Minnie began to feel that cycling was fun! His fear disappeared already.

It’s another few minutes that the boys decided to take a rest. They sat at the bench as the sun began to set.

“It’s beautiful right?” Bumie spoke as he pointed to the sunset.

“Yeah,” Minnie agreed,” Does Bumie like seeing sunset?”

“Hm!” Bumie nodded.

“Then, I’ll take Bumie to a mountain someday and we’ll watch sunset together, OK?” Minnie said.

“OK!” Bumie agreed as both of them laugh together. Both of them spent some minutes talking and watching the sun.

“Umm…I need to go home now…” Bumie spoke as he got up.

“Wait!” Minnie called,” Um…Here!”

A cute smiling face cookie, wrapped with plastic, was on Minnie’s palm. He gave it to Bumie.

“What’s this for now?” Bumie asked. He remembered the shell he got from Minnie, and he took a good care of it. The shell ended up on the table next to his bed. He sometime stared at the shell before going to sleep. It’s just beautiful.

“Hehe…for teaching me, thanks Bumie seonsaengnim!” Minnie spoke with a smile.

“Haha, of course I’m happy to teach Minnie…” Bumie said.

Both of them ended up in silence as Bumie amazed the cookie.

“You can eat the cookie now if you want,” Minnie said.

“OK, hehe…” Bumie opened the cookie plastic as he took a small bite. The taste was so tasty, it’s flavored chocolate.

“Is that good?”

“Of course!”

“Hehe…those cookies are my favorite too,” Minnie said.

“Yup,” Bumie finally took the last bite,” Umm…I guess, I’m leaving now…”

“OK,” Minnie answered,” But Bumie seonsaengnim, can I have more lesson tomorrow?”

“Haha, of course! I always cycling everyday here…”

“Yey!” Minnie cheered silently in his heart.

“OK, then, see you tomorrow!” Bumie spoke,” Oh, since we have school tomorrow, see you at school!”

“Bye!”

So the boys parted away as they waved to each other. Today, Minnie had overcome his fear of cycling and Bumie had his new student to teach. Both of them were sure, tonight they’d sleep with a smile carved on their lips.