46 : Nothing like us

you are my forever

It was one fine afternoon, Jessica was standing near the railing of the huge bridge while staring down at the river with her arms crossed. 

She sighed and closed her eyes, it has been 15 minutes since she was there. 

"Have you ever seen pretty butterflies flying around?

Jessica opened her eyes upon hearing Taeyeon's voice. She closed back her eyes, ignoring Taeyeon who was standing behind her.

"I've seen one. There is this one pretty butterfly that never stop flying in my stomach. Ah. She lives inside the garden of my heart. Her name is Queen Jessica." 

"So you date a Queen of butterflies. Hm."

Taeyeon bite her lips then scratched her non-itchy neck. 

"I'm dating a gorgeous lady. I fall for her even before I, myself realised it. She looks beautiful in anything she wears. She is cold from outside but warm in the inside. Life without her was hell and I wish not to go through the hell for one more time. She is the love of my life and-"

Taeyeon paused when suddenly, Jessica turned around looking up straight into her eyes. 

"She's here. Right in front of me." Taeyeon said while smiling. 

"Hi, my love." Taeyeon winked.

"I am still mad at you." Jessica glared at her.

"I'm sorry?"

"Hmph."

Taeyeon took Jessica's left hand and kissed her hand. 

"I'm sorry. I was stucked in traffic. The taxi drive so slow too." Taeyeon apologised for coming late. 

"You're lucky I love you." Jessica mumbled lowly as she pouted.

Taeyeon grinned then hugged her.

"Aigoo my cute lovely lady. I love you more." Taeyeon said. 

Jessica smiled and hugged Taeyeon back. 

"Sica ah."

"Hm?"

Taeyeon tighten her hugs on Jessica. 

"If.. If I ask you to marry me, would you say yes?"

Jessica froze and was taken aback by Taeyeon's question. 

"A-Are you proposing to me now?" Jessica asked. 

Taeyeon pulled away from the hug. She looked down and held both of Jessica's hands.

"You're gonna go to New York soon and I'm gonna go back to Paris soon too. I.. I've been thinking that maybe we should fix everything then come back here for good." Taeyeon said. 

"So... Marry me, Sica ah. Be the only wife I'll ever have in this life and even in another life. Be my queen, stay by my side forever. Let's love forever." Taeyeon continued, staring into Jessica's eyes as she said the words. 

"I have nothing to offer but my heart, my soul, my love and all of me. I'm giving you my all, for you to marry me. I'll love you right and treat you with full of care. I'll protect you with my life." Taeyeon added. 

"So, Jessica Jung... would you wear this ring as your answer of 'yes' to my question earlier?" Taeyeon asked again and took out a beautiful platinum ring from her pocket. 

Jessica burst into tears as she felt touched and overwhelmed by Taeyeon's sudden proposal. 

"Yes." Jessica whispered. 

"Really? I'm not gonna let you take your words back after this. Think carefully. Do you really-" Taeyeon got cut off as Jessica grabbed her face to kiss her.

"Just put on the damn ring on my finger already Tae." Jessica mumbled. 

Taeyeon smiled and quickly put on the ring on Jessica's finger. 

Jessica stared at the ring on her finger with a smile on her face.

"It's beautiful." Jessica murmured. 

Taeyeon cupped Jessica's face gently to make Jessica looked at her. 

"Beautiful, my love. Just like you. You're my platinum." Taeyeon said sweetly. 

Jessica smiled at Taeyeon and her eyes sparkled brightly. Taeyeon was mesmerized by Jessica's sparkling eyes. 

'This girl, who loves me like no one else does. I'm gonna love her to death' Taeyeon thought. 

Taeyeon chuckled and caressed Jessica's cheek. 

"Thankyou, for saying yes." Taeyeon said.

"Taeyeon ah. I love you so much. Really really." Jessica said. 

Taeyeon smiled and leaned in her face. 

"Jessica Jung, I love you more than ever." Taeyeon said before she put her lips on Jessica's lips. 

"Are we gonna tell everyone?" Jessica asked.

"Mm, of course." Taeyeon answered.

"I'll let the whole world know over and over again, that i'm yours like how you're mine." Taeyeon said. 

Jessica nodded her head cutely. 

"I like that." Jessica said. 

"So, love, I have prepared something for you." Taeyeon said.

"Eh? What is it?" Jessica asked curiously.

Taeyeon smirked and winked at her.

"You'll see. Let's go."

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

Taeyeon was driving Jessica's car to go to one of Jessica's favorite restaurant. 

 Jessica was holding Taeyeon's one free hand as Taeyeon drove with one hand only. Jessica intertwined her fingers with Taeyeon's and smiled to herself staring at their holding hands as well as the ring on her finger.

After that, Jessica looked at Taeyeon's side profile. She loves how sharp Taeyeon's jawline is and found Taeyeon looks hot when she drives. 

When they stopped at red light, Taeyeon turned her head to look at Jessica and found her still staring. 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows and Jessica just kept smiling. 

"I loooooovee Kim Taeyeon." Jessica cooed.

Taeyeon chuckled and pecked Jessica's forehead softly.

"I love you too, baby." Taeyeon replied. 

Jessica smiled more and hugged Taeyeon's arm affectionately.

"Hm. It feels good to have you close to me." Jessica said and leaned her head on Taeyeon.

Taeyeon kissed the top of Jessica's head before she continued driving again once it was a green light.

"We're here." Taeyeon announced once they have arrived.

"Is it open? Why does it seem closed?" Jessica asked.

Taeyeon just smiled and got out first to open the door for Jessica. 

"Tae-"

"Just follow me."

Taeyeon opened the door and gestured Jessica to go in before her. 

Once Jessica entered, loud cheers could be heard.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!!!"

Jessica gasped as she looked at the restaurants' staffs and all their friends were there.

The restaurant was decorated and Jessica loves how the decoration looks simple but beautiful at the same time.

"Tae... You-"

Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist as she hugged Jessica from behind.

"Yes. I did this for you."

Jessica smiled happily and looked at all important people who came. 

"Enough with the skinship. Come and take pictures. Oh! Ring! The ring! I want to see it!!" Tiffany said excitedly before she pulled Jessica from Taeyeon.

"We want to see the ring too!" Yuri shouted in excitement.

"Oh me too me too!!" Sooyoung clapped her hands.

Taeyeon laughed watching how everyone were so hyper and interested to know what kind of ring she bought for Jessica. 

"Noona." Minho approached Taeyeon.

"Thankyou for helping me prepared everything and called them all, Minho." Taeyeon said and patted his back.

"Ah. Sure thing, Noona." Minho smiled. 

"And congrats Noona." Minho said and Taeyeon smiled widely while nodding her head. 

Taeyeon went to Krystal and bowed politely.

"Soojung ah. I know I made you disappointed and upset. I want to sincerely apologised for my past mistake. But thankyou for accepting me back into your sister's life. I promise I'll make her happy for real this time." Taeyeon said honestly.

Krystal nodded her head. 

"I'm sorry for being rude and all. I just, don't like it when someone hurt my sister. But Taeyeon unnie, I believe that you will take care of her and will not hurt her like before. So please, don't break your promises." Krystal said. 

"It's fine. I admitted that I was fully at fault. Yes Krys, I'll keep my promises. Thankyou once again."

Krystal smiled and hugged Taeyeon.

"Welcome to the family, unnie. Mom and dad send their regards." Krystal told Taeyeon.

"Oh? You tell them?" Taeyeon asked in surprise.

Krystal giggled and nodded her head. 

"She was just overly excited and blurted out accidentally to uncle and aunt earlier, unnie." Sulli came out of nowhere.

"Yah. Don't blame me. It's just... I'm too happy for unnie." Krystal pouted.

"I know, sweetheart." Sulli chuckled and hugged Krystal's shoulder.

Taeyeon smiled watching how sweet Sulli and Krystal were. She wish them all the best and hope they'll last forever.

"Oh. And unnie, they asked you to meet them later at home." Krystal said.

"Will do. Besides, I need to break the news myself again to them." Taeyeon said.

"Ok Taeyeon unnie." 

Taeyeon heard Jessica's cute lovely laughters ringing in her ears. So she turned to check out what she's been doing. 

Jessica was laughing as she looked at her friends joking around as well as teasing her.

Sulli saw that so she dragged Krystal away silently. 

Taeyeon then proceed to approach Jessica, she stood beside her.

"Omg Tae, they're hilarious!" Jessica laughed and held Taeyeon's arm to support herself as she laughed more seeing Sooyoung being funny with Yuri. 

But Taeyeon's eyes never leave Jessica. She just kept staring at Jessica.

Jessica was still laughing when she turned to Taeyeon, and only to feel a sudden rushing feeling that made her heart went wild.

Jessica stopped breathing for a second, looking into Taeyeon's deep loving eyes that were staring at her affectionately.

"why are you looking at me like that?" Jessica asked shyly, blushing furiously.

She felt like she just fall in love for the first time. It was like the first time Taeyeon made her feel this way but no, she experienced this feeling before. It's just, Taeyeon never fail to make her fall in love over and over again.

"Can't I just admire my fiancee?" Taeyeon asked back. 

Jessica looked away while still blushing. 

Taeyeon side hugged Jessica and left a soft kiss on Jessica's cheek. 

"Hey lovebirds. Come on, let's take pictures now." Hyoyeon called for their attention and their friends smiled seeing the blissful looks on Taeyeon's and Jessica's face.

Minho volunteered to take their pictures. 

Done with the group photos, Tiffany told Minho to take pictures of the couple alone. 

"Aww, please pose sweetly." Sooyoung said. 

"Yeah. Come on. Hugs or kisses." Yuri grinned and shared a high five with Sooyoung. 

"Agree agree!" Hyoyeon nodded her head vigorously while the rest just laughed.

"Eyy, seriously." Jessica mumbled shyly.

Taeyeon just laughed at their teasings before she moved closer to Jessica.

"Let's get this done faster, so we can eat." Taeyeon said to Jessica. 

Taeyeon wrapped her arm around Jessica's waist gently before she pulled Jessica more close to her. 

Jessica turned her head to face Taeyeon and was drowning into Taeyeon's eyes again. Both were staring at each other with full of love. 

Tiffany smiled unconsciously while looking.

'Jess. She is really the right one for you.' Tiffany thought.

"Minho, take their pictures as many as possible." Tiffany whispered to Minho.

"Damn. Love is in the air." Yuri sighed softly and smiled too like the rest as they looked at Taengsic. 

"Ahem. Ok that's more than enough. Cut it out guys. We still need to eat." Hyoyeon said which made them laughed at her.

Taeyeon and Jessica then broke their eye contacts and joined their friends at the table.

Wendy and Krystal along with Joy and Yeri went to hug Jessica as they congratulate her and Taeyeon. Sulli, Irene and Seulgi on the other hand, hugged Taeyeon.

"Hey Taeng, congrats." Hyoyeon said as she took turn to hug Taeyeon now. Seohyun just smiled and said her congratulations to both Taeyeon and Jessica politely. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Don't stare too much. She'll melt at this point." Yuri whispered at Sooyoung. 

Sooyoung have been staring at Tiffany who were laughing and smiling all along, talking to Jessica and the rest.

"What's on your mind?" Yuri asked Sooyoung while chuckling.

"I just realised, she got the best smile out of all." Sooyoung mumbled.

"Uh huh. Pretty eye smile, she's well known for that Soo. Omg, what the hell." Yuri shook her head at Sooyoung.

"I-" Sooyoung paused when suddenly Tiffany's eyes met hers. 

Tiffany gave a smile at her before she continued talking to Jessica. 

Sooyoung frowned when she felt her heart beats oddly. 

"You alright?" Yuri asked Sooyoung. 

"Hey Yul. Uhh... How did you know that you've moved on from Sica completely? And that you like someone else, well in your case, how did you know that you like your Yoona girl now?" Sooyoung asked.

"I just knew. I mean, we met and when I looked at her, I can feel something and it's not something I should ignore." Yuri answered.

Sooyoung frowned even more which caused Yuri to chuckle.

"Hey. You know your heart better. You just have to go with the flow and trust your heart." Yuri told Sooyoung. 

"What makes you pay attention to her? If you don't mind me asking." Yuri said before she sipped her drink.

"Since... Uhm... She kissed my cheek the other day." Sooyoung whispered.

Yuri widened her eyes and jaw dropped.

"She's bold." Yuri mouthed. 

"Oh! And you like the kiss?" Yuri asked and smirked.

"I don't know? But ever since that, I've been thinking about her." Sooyoung said.

"Court her then." Yuri said.

"Huh?"

"Court her."

"But..."

"Soo. Tiffany is a great catch. What more do you want? You said it yourself, you want a beautiful woman. Well, Fany is beautiful. A sweet one." Yuri said. 

Sooyoung glanced at Tiffany and couldn't help but to smile when she saw how Tiffany's eyes disappeared as she grinned at Jessica. 

"Indeed, she is." Sooyoung whispered. 

Yuri sighed and facepalmed. 

'Why did these two only look at each other now? After all the times we've been friends and spent time- or maybe they just didn't realised they feel the attraction towards each other because both were too blind by their admiration for Jessica' Yuri thought. 

Yuri then looked at Jessica.

'Then, this means the power this Ice Princess have is just too strong' Yuri thought. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

After the dinner, the girls and Minho congratulated both Taeyeon and Jessica again before they all parted ways to go home. 

Minho was the first person to leave, followed by Hyoyeon who went to send Seohyun home first. 

Seulgi offered a ride to Joy and Yeri even though Sulli can go home with them since both are living with Sulli temporarily. 

But Sulli have to send Krystal first. Moreover, Krystal is being her usual clingy side and refused to join Jessica and Taeyeon. Irene obviously being sent by her gentlewoman lover, Wendy. 

Other than that, Yuri took a cab with Tiffany and Sooyoung to go back to Hyoyeon's apartment. 

Yuri took the front passenger seat and winked at Tiffany before gesturing to her to just sit with Sooyoung at the back.

Tiffany blushed and Sooyoung saw it.

"Why are your face red?" Sooyoung asked.

"Shut up." Tiffany mumbled, faking to be annoyed before she got in.

"Eh?" Sooyoung scratched her head but then shrugged her shoulders. 

"Fany ah. The door's not closed properly." Sooyoung said when she noticed it. Tiffany was about to open back the door and close it properly but Sooyoung beat her to it.

Tiffany held her breathe when Sooyoung's near her. Tiffany stared at Sooyoung's side profile as she closed the door for Tiffany.

"Done. Mr, you can go now." Sooyoung told the taxi driver.

Tiffany released her breathe once she looked away out of the window. 

'Calm down, calm down Stephanie Hwang.' Tiffany said in her mind. 

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

"I wonder..."

"What?"

"When will you propose to me?"

Sulli burst out into laughters as soon as the question came out from Krystal.

Krystal pouted and pinched Sulli's waist.

"Ow! Hahaha im sorry im sorry." Sulli laughed.

"What's funny huh? Answer meeeee." Krystal whined.

Sulli smiled to herself, she feel her heart's flying with confetti.

"Ah. So my baby Jung want me to propose her." Sulli teased.

Krystal glared at her and crossed her arms.

"Yah. Do you plan to be with me for a long run or not?" Krystal asked.

"I do baby, I do." Sulli answered while still laughing.

"Stop lauuughiiiinggggg." Krystal whined again and hit Sulli's arm 

"Hey hey. I'm driving here. Hahaha ok I'll stop laughing now." Sulli replied

"Hmph." Krystal looked away. 

Sulli held her smile and extended her hand to caress Krystal's hair.

"Hey there. Are you sulking?" Sulli asked.

"Go away." Krystal pushed Sulli's hand.

Sulli shook her head at Krystal's cute attitude. 

"Come on, baby Jung. I'm sorry ok?"

"No."

"Pleeeeaseee."

"No."

Sulli smiled and grabbed Krystal's hand to put it on her laps while she drove with one hand.

"Every plans for my future, you're always there in it. I want to be with you for as long as I breathe. We'll live together, be with each other and have a happy family. When the right time comes, I'll propose to you. You just have to be ready for it. Hm?" 

Krystal looked at Sulli and still pouting.

"Don't take too long." Krystal said

"Why? Can't wait to be my fiancee or wife?" Sulli teased.

"Yes."

Krystal's honest answer made Sulli to laugh again.

"You're just too adorable, my Soojung." Sulli winked at Krystal

"Duh. Because I am your baby, aren't I?" Krystal leaned closer and kissed Sulli's shoulder before she rested her head on her shoulder. 

"Yes. You'll always be my baby." Sulli replied. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

"Do you know that you shine bright like a diamond?"

"Hmm. You said this line already."

"Then, do you know you brings life to my heart?"

"Heard this one too."

"You're no fun."

"Me? It's you. Stop using those lines to win my heart."

"Then what should I do?"

"Be yourself."

Seulgi pouted and nodded her head.

"I just can't help it. I want to say all the sweet things I know to you." Seulgi said.

Joy glanced at her and raised her eyebrows.

"You know, I really like you. I am not even lying about what I feel. I may not seem serious but I am." Seulgi said.

"What do you see in me?" Joy asked.

"My new beautiful world." Seulgi answered truthfully which made Joy to be surprised.

"Your new beautiful world?"

"Yep. I only tell the truth."

"Oh."

Seulgi smiled and glanced at Joy before she focused back on the road.

"Honestly, I think about you all day and night. Like, what are you doing, have you eaten or not, are you fine out there, and more. I can't get you off my head. You're not only in my heart but also in my mind all the time." Seulgi said. 

"..."

"But then, I love to annoy you because you look hot." Seulgi grinned.

Joy groaned and rolled her eyes. 

"You and your sweet mouth." Joy mumbled before she looked away.

"My sweetness is only for you, baby Joy."

"I am not your baby."

"YET."

"Ugh."

"You'll be mine soon."

"Why are you so sure?"

"Because I am Kang Seulgi. It's written in my fate already that I was born for Park Sooyoung a.k.a Joy my hot lady." Seulgi said confidentally. 

Joy furrowed her eyebrows then looked at Seulgi in disbelief.

"What?" Seulgi asked.

"You're unbelievable." Joy said, shaking her head.

"I am unbelievably yours. Uh huh. Agree." Seulgi nodded

Joy massaged her temple and closed her eyes.

"Whatever you say, Seulgi." Joy mumbled. 

While at the back seat, Yeri was crossing her arms and legs while wearing her most boring face.

'WHY? Why. Did. I. Always. Get. Stuck. In. This. Kind. Of. Situation?' Yeri thought silently. 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

 

While at the other side...

Wendy was driving but she can feel that she was being stared at so she glanced beside her. 

"Why?" She asked Irene who didn't even blink her eyes staring at Wendy. 

Irene just smiled and reached out her hand as she caressed Wendy's cheek. 

"Wan ah..."

"Yes?"

Irene continued staring at every inch of Wendy's face. 

"Have I ever told you?"

"What is it Hyunnie?"

"That you are beautiful."

"Hahaha why the sudden compliment?" 

"Just feel like it but really, Wan ah... You're just too good for me."

Wendy smiled and took Irene's hand and intertwined their fingers. 

"Whatever that is... in your mind, I just want you to know that you deserve me and my love." Wendy said. 

"What did I do in my past life to deserve someone like you." Irene said with her teary eyes.

"I am yours, Bae Joohyun. Don't question it. Ok?"

"But-"

"Hyun ah, you are my life. I don't want to be with anyone else but you. All I need you to do is to love me like I do." 

"You're such an angel, too kind." Irene sighed.

"You ARE my angel, you're sweet and lovable. You're my beautiful angel, my goddess."

"Too much sugar, Ms. Wendy." Irene chuckled while Wendy just grinned. 

"Hm I eat sugar because of you." Wendy replied and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh youuu." Irene hit Wendy's arm playfully. 

Wendy laughed and ruffled Irene's hair gently.

"My sweetheart, my bae, I love youuuuu." Wendy cooed. 

Irene giggled and poked Wendy's cheek with her index finger.

"I love love loooove you too." Irene said. 

After about 20 minutes, they finally have arrived at Irene's apartment. 

"Are you gonna rest later?" Wendy asked as soon as they went into the elevator.

"I think so. I want to take a nap." Irene said and covered using her palm when she was yawning. 

Wendy smiled and Irene's hair lovingly.

"Do you want to go out for a dinner with me tonight?" Wendy asked.

"Hm? Aren't you tired?" Irene asked and put her palm on Wendy's cheek.

"It's alright." Wendy replied.

"Let's just call for a delivery and eat here at my place?" Irene asked.

"Ah. That'll do. Ok then." Wendy agreed. 

Once they reached Irene's floor, they both walked out with Irene clung onto Wendy's arm. 

"I'll go home first. Alright? I'll come later for dinner." Wendy told Irene. Irene just nodded her head while she unlocked her door.

"Drive safely, Wan ah. Let me know if you're home already." Irene said.

"Yes bae." Wendy smiled and hugged Irene.

Irene hugged back and smiled widely when she felt Wendy's hugging her more tightly.

"I'll miss you." Wendy whispered.

"Wan ah. We'll see each other again tonight." Irene chuckled.

"Still. I'll miss you." Wendy said.

Wendy pulled apart and cupped Irene's face.

"Take a good rest, sleepwell." Wendy said.

"Hm. You too, don't come late tonight."

"Alright. I love you." Wendy kissed Irene's forehead.

"I love you as well." Irene smiled. 

"See you, bae." Wendy winked and waved at Irene.

"See you too." Irene gave a flying kiss at Wendy and then chuckled when Wendy grinned happily receiving Irene's flying kiss.