Forever More.

To the Beautiful You

Song #7

Forever more, I’ll be the one to love you

When you need me, I’ll be there to make you smile

And forever more, I’ll be the one you come to

I’ll be the one to love when the morning comes – Forever more.

As I stopped in front of the window of one of the rooms in the church, I felt that there was something funny about me and time on this day: only a few hours ago when the night fell, as we laid down on the bed, I wished that moment would never end, but at the same time, I wanted the hours of the night to end in a blink so that way, when this morning arrived, it would be the day we would be together under the law of God. Last night, the only weak light that shone in the room was the brightness of the moon that entered through the window, the same one that marked the shapes of the paper cranes that we hung on the roof. And now, with the sun shining as a good omen of our future, the wedding guests - those people who would witness our union - began to arrive.

The years, months and days apart had been reduced to hours and finally to minutes, and then that moment I wanted for so long was happening, angel, the moment I imagined in my head thousands of times was before my eyes and still It was impossible to believe in it. For me, you were the one and here we were now, about to be one in front of God, our family and friends. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it would stop at any moment, but that vivid emotion was also a proof that this was not one of the dreams I had throughout my life without you. On this day the only thing that separated us was the minutes before the wedding began and that tradition that didn't allow the groom to see the bride, but the wait was totally worth it.

"Son?" It was comforting to hear my mom's voice as she entered the room followed by my dad and yours who held Julian's hand. Even though Mom had already seen me in the white tuxedo i would wear this day, her eyes were about to fill with tears of emotion as her hands smoothed the fabric of my shirt. "I can't believe that this moment has arrived, my love. You're about to feel how wonderful it feels to marry the person you love."

Her happiness caused a knot to form in my throat.

"I am very grateful to you all, mom. None of this would have been possible without you."

"We help you get here, son." My dad said. "From now on, everything depends on you."

I smiled despite my own nerves.

"We are very happy for you." Your father said, and I could see in his eyes that he trusted me to take care of you.

"Thank you, sir."

When they left the room, I asked your dad if Julian could stay a moment. Since your older brother and his children came to Korea, it was as if they recognized you as a second mother. Especially Julian, who was only 6 years old and had a sparkle in his eyes that showed all the love he felt for you. And I wanted to believe, for some reason, that he and I got along well since his arrival, as if he knew who I had been in your life.

"Julian, you're the only one who can help me here." I said with my bad english, sitting in a crouch in front of him. "No one wants to tell me what my future wife looks like. But you're going to tell me how beautiful she looks, right?"

Julian chuckled, scratching his brown hair that was brushed back, like you when you didn't know how to express what you had in mind.

"Aunt Sam said not to tell you anything."

I knew instantly when Sam and I met that she and I would be great friends, but she seemed to know me so well in such a short time that she could even anticipate this situation.

"I beg you, Julian." I put my hands together in a prayer, because I just wanted to confirm what was obvious to me. "I just want to know how beautiful my little angel looks."

Julian held his small hands behind his back as he looked at me closely, as if at his young age Julian could feel my sincerity, and my desperation to know.

"She looks..." Swaying from side to side as he thought about his response, he finally extended his hands outward to emphasize his next words. "Aunt Julie looks WOW! She has a beautiful dress and her cheeks are pink."

His innocence was adorable as were his words to describe you.

"Julian, could you give Aunt Julie something for me?" I asked. When he nodded, I stood up to take one of the floral arrangement roses from the window frame. I knew that this gesture was small and I wanted to give you something else, angel, but if the rose came into your hands, I knew that it could make you smile for at least a second in this moment of happiness and confusion. As I turned to him and knelt to be at his height, Julian took the rose from my hand and cradled it in his, and I knew then that he would give it to you without any problem. "Thank you, champion."

To my surprise, before leaving, Julian tightened his little arms around my neck.

"Please love Aunt Juls very much. She is a good person."

Immediately after that, Julian separated from me and went through the door that Key opened to enter next of my members, who dressed elegantly for this occasion. As they watched Julian leave, Key looked at me with suspicion in his half-closed eyes.

"Did you ask Julian to tell Juliette something?"

"No." I said with innocence. "Sam and you made it very clear that I can not see or talk to my own bride."

"We don't make the rules, hyung." Jong shrugged, casually. "We just follow them."

Minho, who agreed with me this time, patted my shoulder while nodding.

"Are you ready, hyung?" Taemin smiled excitedly, as if this was his own wedding. "Are you ready to marry your little angel?"

When the others heard Taemin's words, it was like a different aura covered us. Their support had been unconditional until this moment, and even if the years kept passing by, I knew that they would be here for me and for you, supporting us in every moment of our lives.

"I'm so ready to get married." I smiled.

"That's the attitude!" Jonghyun clapped happily. "Let's go, everybody! There is a wedding happening right now!"

Key rolled his eyes, but he led everyone to the center for a group hug before leaving.

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

My legs were shaking, but I had never felt so alive.

The moment the wooden doors of the church finally opened, I felt as if a part of our lives was coming to an end to start a new one. There you were, walking towards me next to your father, recognizing me in a sea of people, ready to start living a new life right here when the priest would declare us husband and wife. You came to me wearing the most beautiful dress I have ever seen, with the white lace covering your arms and that piece of silk fabric on the bottom. The desire that my heart longed for so long was becoming real, my angel, and now you were here, with a shy look, but with an open heart, shortening the path to a future that I hoped promised nothing but happiness.

Let me hold you, just for a second.

"No..." Minho warned standing beside me, in a funny tone as I tried to take a step towards you. "Stop. You have to wait."

Although I wanted to go where you were, you finally came to me from your father's arm. And he, trusting that I would take care of you, held your hand fondly and extended it gently towards me. The warmth of your fingers ran through my being the moment I held your hand, smiling at you because you did too.

"I know i don't have to ask you to take care of her because I know you will." He said as he patted my shoulder with his free hand, then looked at you with all the love he had for you. "I love you, honey."

Your dad moved away to sit next to your brother. As we took our place in front of the priest, I held your hand in mine so that you would feel that I was here with you. I knew there was an empty space on that bench where your family sat and an empty space in your heart when you didn't see the only person who, perhaps, was the only one who could feel everything you felt at this moment. From time to time while the priest recited those common words of a ceremony, your hand pressed mine in your moments of nervousness, at least until my fingers caressed your knuckles.

Finally, when it was time to recite our vows and we looked each other in the eye, you didn't let go of my hand, because I wanted to believe that all you needed at this moment in which everyone was looking at us was to feel me, all you needed was a little of me.

"I, Juliette Hamilton, take you, Lee Jinki, as a husband and friend. You... who are the humblest person I've ever met, who has a sincere heart, I promise to be... a good wife for you, someone who deserves everything I know you can offer me. In this life that is so unpredictable, Jinki, I promise to be with you as long as God allows me to live by your side."

I felt bad to think that after so much pain, it was very difficult for you to trust people, so I felt lucky to realize that you considered me a person of trust. So much so that you were willing to live a life with me.

"I, Lee Jinki, give myself to you, Juliette Hamilton, as a husband, friend, and life partner from today to eternity. In front of God, our family and friends, I give you my life. I promise to support your hopes, dreams and goals. I promise to be by your side at all times, if you fall; I'll help you get up again, if you cry; I will comfort you, if you laugh; I will laugh with you, if pain enters our lives; together we will overcome it. Everything I am and everything I have is yours from now until eternity."

In front of God and the witnesses present, the priest declared us husband and wife and his words flowed through the room and made our union official. You and I knew it, we could feel it, we understood it immediately when, despite the pressure you felt to be the center of attention, your eyes didn't leave mine even with that blush that bloomed on your cheeks. And because I was not going to let you go, in the moment when the priest allowed me to kiss my bride, my right hand still held yours while I used the left one and slid it gently around your waist to get close to you. On my way to your lips, your hand squeezed mine and the other leaned on my chest, only to fully accept our first kiss as a married couple.

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

On the terrace of a hotel of one of your father's friends, a large white cloth tent and golden lights on the ceiling was placed around the big place, enveloping everyone in the heat of the night and the brightness of the lights inside. The tables around were occupied by our family and friends, close people with whom we had shared something throughout our lives. The dance floor was the center of everything as well as a small stage on the side, and while we took our place in the center, Heechul was the first to open that stage as he introduced himself as the MC to congratulate us on our marriage, and, finally, to present Krystal who would sing your favorite song. "A thousand years." So our first song as a newlyweds was the song you used to sing to your nephews, the same one you used to sing to your brothers because they loved to hear you sing.

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more.

As we moved slowly to the rhythm of the song, you lifted your chin from my shoulder to look at me, holding in your eyes a big curiosity about something.

"If nothing has changed between us, does it mean I can keep my last name?"

It was fun to hear you joke about a topic that we had previously talked about.

"Honestly, angel, I really want to belong to you and I want you to belong to me... but at the same time, I want you to be free because it's you, a person, one heart. However, I want people to know that you have the surname Lee because you are married to me. Does that make me selfish?"

You smiled softly while you shook your head.

"Of course not. You can be many things, but never selfish."

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more.

After EXO sang "Angel" in ballad version, my members took their place in the center of the dance floor as a special gift for us while I guided you to be in front of them, because they wanted you to be in the front row to listen to their song for you. The rest of SHINee sang "Hello" in ballad version too, taking turns to replace me, while I, standing behind you, took the opportunity to sing my part of the song softly in your ear.

When the boys finished, they gave the speeches that they prepared for a long time.

"Hyung." Minho started. "There is much we can say about you, but today we want to thank you for being a great leader, for taking care of us; in presentations and at home. You always put our needs before yours. We can not express the joy we feel for you, but what it is not easy to say we are gonna try to prove it. Now you found a very special person, we will look after your marriage to be the happiest of all."

Key then straightened his tie and cleared his throat.

"Hyung, we are really happy for you. But especially me." He smiled. "I will always remember the first time we met. From that moment I knew you were a great person, and now you found a person with whom you want to share your life. I know you're going to work hard to be a great husband, and I know you will."

Then it was Jong's turn.

"Hyung, you're a great person, and we have grown together as artists. I'm glad to be part of this new phase in your life. You picked the right person for you, and I know you both will have a good life together. And like Minho said, we will do everything we can to protect your marriage. Don't let anything or anyone to attempt to separate you from the person who makes you happy. "

"Hyung." Taemin said. "Noona, I'm very happy for both. Hyung, you were always a good leader, you always knew the right words to tell us to encourage us and motivate us when life was difficult. Now is our time to do something for you, so count on us for whatever you both need."

"Congratulations." The four bowed.

But then Jong took the microphone.

"Please, when you decide to have children give us a niece." He smiled making the people laugh. "Welcome to the family, Juliette."

"Welcome, Juliette." Minho smiled.

"Welcome to SHINee family, Juliette." Key said.

"Welcome, noona." Taemin smiled.

Finally, the boys approached you, and one by one, they hugged you to confirm that you were also part of our family.

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

"Congratulations, newlywed!" Within the circle that we formed at one side of the dance floor, Krystal jumped behind me in a quick hug before joining in the conversation. "Juliette looks amazing with that dress."

"We were talking about that." Leeteuk hyung chuckled, sharing a look with Yesung at his side. "That's why Jinki can not take his eyes off his wife."

The group was made up of some Super Junior members, my members and some SNSD girls, and after following his words and looking at you one more time, the conversation went naturally just as it always did. In the center of the dance floor, among the people around, there you were, smiling at Sam, who now lived near you. Danielle, who had traveled here to be with you, and Jinwoo, who was here without fail, because that was what best friend did.

"If you were not her husband, I would say you are stalking her." Sooyoung chuckled, making Hyoyeon and Yoona laugh. However, a few seconds later her eyes became serious and her smile became softer. "Congratulations, Jinki, we are very happy for you. Juliette seems to be a great girl and we all know how much you waited this moment to happen."

Key growled slightly.

"It was almost unbearable to have him in the dorm. All he talked was about Juliette."

The others laughed.

"What can I say? I love her. I love my wife."

But then, between those sweet sounds and light mockeries they made, I realized that I had said aloud the words I love you, those words that I only wanted to say to you. Would I be able to tell you directly? Would you give me the opportunity to tell you that I loved you? While you were dancing with Jinwoo, I wondered foolishly how many “i love you” you two shared. Sam had told you those words so many times since you met again, and you answered it naturally. Was it the same with Jinwoo?

"It's okay, hyung." Minho whispered as other voices spoke around us. "Juliette is with you now."

I nodded to him because that was true, but at the same time, I asked myself if it would last forever. However, at some point in that dance, you touched the necklace in the shape of a bird that I gave you tonight, the same one you gave me as a farewell when we were children. You smiled for yourself, and then you smiled at him, showing it to him with pride, the same pride with which I carried it for years.

FLASHBACK – (THE DAY OF THE GOODBYE)

There was a big cherry tree in the backyard of her home, and under the sun, the shadow protected them both while beyond, green grass reflected the sun's rays on its leaves. A few hours before leaving, with the suitcases ready and a last lunch between both families, Mrs. Lee brought Juliette a cornflower, the same one that she planted under the tree with Jinki's help. But at some time that day, while both used their hands to flatten the ground around the flower, their little hands clashed sometimes making Juliette laugh, and it was then that, in the midst of all his innocence, a thought appeared in his mind.

"Don't go." He said using the few words in English he knew, looking at her over the flower they both planted.

Juliette stopped to look at him, part of her black hair falling over her face.

"I'll be back another day."

"When?"

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Are you my friend?"

Although Jinki understood the word friend immediately, he managed to answer even when that question confused him because he considered her as his best friend.

"Yes."

"Forever?"

"Forever."

"Don't worry, then. I will be back someday."

Juliette left the shape of her little hands on the ground after the work was done. The little flower stood strong on the ground as if it had been there all it's life. She smiled because of their good work, but when she looked up, Jinki had still the same sad expression. He would always be there, waiting, because Juliette would be the one who would leave, and therefore, it depended on her to return.

"I'll give you something, okay? But promise me you'll take good care of it." Juliette extended her little finger and waited until he, without knowing what it was, interlaced his finger with hers. "Okay."

Juliette wiped her hands and took them behind her neck to remove her necklace; A small bird hung in the center with a J engraved on it. She and her brothers had one since they could remember, and because Juliette had been taught to take care of it with her life, she understood at her young age that, if someone else had it, she should come back for it someday.

After she put it around his neck, Juliette kissed his cheek before separating.

"Will you take good care of it?"

Jinki took the necklace in his hands and smiled at her. In his limited understanding of English, he knew that Juliette was giving him a part of her. And in his limited understanding of life, Jinki felt that he should give something to her too, so he unbuckled the bracelet that his grandfather had given him when he turned 4 years old, and placed it on her left wrist, the same place where it remained until today.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

After those dances that you shared with Jinwoo, I saw you both go away until you reached the exit. For a second my irrational side was about to force me to go to you, but then I realized that you were saying goodbye to him. In spite of everything, I didn't imagine how difficult this was for him, seeing you here, married to another person. His hand squeezed yours and his lips tightened on your forehead, leaving the memory of a tender kiss that made you smile with sadness as you saw him go.

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

At some point during the night while we were dancing a ballad, Taeyeon's voice asked the guests for a few minutes of their time and she took place in the center of the small stage. The lights shone on her, over her pretty blue dress and her soft voice that combined perfectly as she started talking again.

"Goodnight everyone. Before beginning this presentation, I would like to congratulate the newlyweds. Juliette, I know we have little time to get to know each other but through Jinki I can see a lot of you. Jinki, you're like a little brother to me and I'm glad to see that tonight you could not be happier. This song was a request from a very special person for you, to remind you with the lyrics how much you mean for her. So I ask the guests to invite someone to the dance floor and accompany the beautiful couple."

I knew instantly that she was talking about you, angel, and the meaning of her words filled my heart with pure happiness. When I looked at you, your eyes shone under the reflection of the golden lights, your cheeks were pink from the passing hours, fatigue, and shyness.

"Did you do this for me?"

"Maybe."

Around us, Minho invited Sam to dance just like Jonghyun invited Danielle. When other couples approached the dance floor too, Taeyeon began to sing.

For a long time, in my heart
full of clouds, it rains
for warm sun to shine, I sincerely hope
for a warm sun to shine

As I held you against me, your left arm encircled my neck while your other one rested at my heart's height, and even if for a moment I feared you would feel the accelerated beating of my heart, I didn't care to be vulnerable to you, because you were the only person to whom I would show my weakest side. At this moment, something different shone in your gaze as you let me see your eyes, because you didn't separate them from mine, because you let me see in them the reflection of your feelings for me.

"I'm the luckiest person in this world to have you."

Your lips disappeared for a few seconds as you bit them, in a shy way because you didn't fully accept my words.

Cause you are, the light that fell on me
you are, like a beautiful dream
with seven lights, the whole world
is dyed even more beautifully, always.

"Thank you."

My brows furrowed in confusion at your words.

"Why?"

"I don't know." You laughed shyly. "For all of this. In the time that we lived together, you showed me that you were a good person. Because you accepted me for who I am. Because among the millions of people who inhabit this world, you chose me."

I smiled, because finally you began to understand that, despite having been an arranged marriage, it was me who decided this union, many years ago since we were children.

"It's good that you understood that you're not just a contract for me." As I rested my forehead against yours, I pushed my nose against yours once, getting a sincere laugh from you. "Can I ask you a favor?"

You looked at me curiously for a few seconds, but you nodded at the end.

"Kiss me. I know I can do it, but it's much better when you do."

Despite your soft smile, your eyes formed an eye smile so adorable that I had to resist the idea of ​leaning myself first. Your first movement was to caress my hair with the hand that you had around my neck, and you almost managed to get on my knees before you with that soft touch. Then, that same hand came to my face and your thumb caressed my cheek. I saw how nervous you were, and, even so, you were brave and you let me see everything about you.

When the rain that wets my window stops
under the rainbow, you must be waiting.
the stories I couldn’t say,
al the secrets I couldn’t do, I want to tell them to you today

I closed my eyes because I trusted you, and a second later, I felt your lips on mine and the softness of them moving slowly as I pressed you against me. For a minute we forgot the looks, the smiles that others might have, or the broken hearts we unintentionally caused. We were just you and me as I leaned even closer to you, wishing that this moment would last longer than just a few seconds.

You are always beside me,
you are inside of my tender heart,
even more shining and beautifully.
it fills the night sky, you are my star.

I love you, angel.

I wished I could say it out loud, but for now, you could feel my love in this way and that was enough.

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

Hello! It's been a long time since I published a chapter.

A lot of things have happened, like Kibum and Jinki's new album as soloist, his enlistment, and it's one year since Jonghyun became really an angel. 

I really hope you like this. Don't forget to subscribe or leave a comment.

Everything is welcome.

THANK YOOOOU♥ XOXO