YouDidWell, Jonghyunnie♥

To the Beautiful You

It's 2:56 in the morning when I start writing this. I have suffered from insomnia in recent weeks because of depression after my uncle (and second father) died a few weeks ago.
But here and now, talking about Jonghyun, even though I never saw him in person, makes me think about the joy he gave me through a screen while the infinite distance separated us. But it also hurts me to think that while he gave us joy, nobody could give it back to him. It was not anyone's fault, of course. Depression is a topic that most people take lightly, because they don't know what it really is or how it affects a person's heart and mind. No one really understands until we start falling into that dark place. Then like Jong, we touch the bottom and that's it. But then the light reaches every corner and there is no more pain. Perhaps that is the only thing that can comfort us now, that Jonghyun no longer feels the pain that consumed his soul all these years. 
If there is a heaven, I know that God allowed him to become an angel.
Perhaps for some it is selfish what he did, leaving behind the people who loved him, but if there is pain, is it fair to live with it?
I don't know.
I can write all night about him, but those last words that he left written will live forever in my memory.
That's why, although you will never read this, Jonghyun, I want to tell you that you did well. You did very well. 
You worked hard, and now you deserve a break.
Become the angel you always were.
And now, rest in peace.

- From a fan, with all my love.