1 of 1

To the Beautiful You

Hi all! It's been a long time since I last updated this story. For a time I was mentally ill but I tried to be stronger than my illness and fought hard to recover. From there things have improved although I still have some ups and downs.

To put you in context with this story from the last chapter which was Jinki's and Juliette's marriage, a few months have already passed, Juliette has a puppy and Jinwoo moved to Paris to study but he is back to see her. I skipped a few scenarios to get to the moment when Jinki said I love you for the first time, but if you want to know what happened in between, you can read "Beautiful Angel" the chapters: good morning, the unexpected, and flaming charisma. I hope you continue to give this story a chance and a lot of love as you have been doing. Thank you very much from the heart!


A person like you has a name of Only One.

Like the feeling I felt for the first time, always replay

You’re already incomparable

You’re the only meaning of my world – 1 of 1.

Even if the club was so packed tonight celebrating our oldest manager's birthday, I was able to find you amongst a sea of ​​dancing people and the neon lights that were almost blinding as you held Taemin's hand when he spun you under the happy gaze of the boys, who had been by your side the last hour since we arrived. Sometimes, one by one, sometimes, all together, but they never let you alone. The music was so loud that I could barely hear the voices around me or my own thoughts, but the more time passed, the more anxious I managed to get after been away from you after so many days, especially since it was you the one I wanted to dance with. But since when did I get so stubborn? For the first time in my life I stopped in my way, as if something kept here next to other members of other bands, and next to Luna. Maybe it was my own helplessness that kept me here, just because you didn't seem to hear me every time I tried to explain what happened that night, and that was why I was here now, in the middle of the dance floor with someone else that wasn’t you.

I missed you, terribly.

FLASHBACK

The way to the apartment was only to get a sweater for his wife before visiting his parents that night, or so Jinki thought, until he saw Luna at the entrance of their home. Her broken gaze and red eyes immediately worried her best friend, who was taken by surprise when she hugged him tightly upon seeing him arrive. Confused, Jinki her head against his chest and waited there for a few seconds while she cried. His heart was beating fast under two thoughts that fought in his head: Luna's state and having his wife waiting for him in the lobby of the building.

"I just need a few seconds, then I'll go..."

Before speaking, Jinki made soft sounds to calm her down.

"Don't Cry. Everything is fine. Can you tell me what happened?" He asked lovingly, as sweet as a friend would, but she couldn't speak. He her head one last time and waited for her to look at him, until finally, Luna pulled away from him, separating her arms from his torso to hold his gaze silently. “Let's go inside, okay? A glass of water will help you."

Still a bit eager to make Juliette wait, Jinki opened the door, and like a gentleman, he stepped aside for Luna to enter first. His head was clouded with worried thoughts about Luna, and Jinki left the door ajar before going to the kitchen and filling a glass with water, hoping that somehow, Luna could confide him the reason for her condition. Returning to the living room, Luna was still standing there, her hands hidden under her crossed arms, as if she was trying to protect herself from deep pain. It was hard for him to see his best friend like this, so he put the glass down on the table and hugged her, cradling her to his chest.

"I want to apologize." However, Luna separated from him a few seconds later. "I love you…"

That word was unexpected to him, as was the sudden kiss she gave him. His eyes were still open in shock, allowing him to see as Minho pushed the door ajar all the way open, with Juliette right behind him.

FLASHBACK ENDS.

"Were you able to talk to Juliette about what happened… two nights ago?" Luna asked with a worried expression, but long before my mind could process her words and give her an answer, she was speaking again. “You know that what I did was not intentional, I don't know what happened to me. I've been very sad and you were there, and I think I confused the situation and my feelings and–"

I was about to reply to her, but by the time she finally looked at me again, manager Jin approached us.

"Are you guys having a good time?" He said, trying to speak louder than the music.

"Very good." Luna replied, with a more relaxed attitude.

He smiled up at her before looking at me, leaning into my ear to hear his words under the loud music.

“I forgot to tell you that I invited Jinwoo, Jinki. Juliette told me that he was back in Korea, and I invited him too, so she wouldn't be so alone here. You know… the boys can't be with her all night."

He looked at me in such a fixed way that, without hesitation, I knew he had just seriously scold me. But that wasn't the worst of it: to teach me a lesson, our manager had invited the only person who managed to make me insecure in my own marriage. I knew that the boys would be close to you all night if that was necessary, but among a sea of ​​people, I also knew that he would find you and that you would find him, as always. It made me feel upset, and it upset me to feel that way even when he had promised not to make a move with you, but I knew how difficult it would be for him not to try to get close to you when he loved you so much. But as I apologized without being so obvious and left the conversation of a group of friends behind, I moved through the people until I had the view of the circular table in a corner of the place where you and the boys were sitting.

Why should you be so stubborn? I tried to talk to you, in every possible way, but you pretended I wasn't there, like I didn't exist in your life again, and that hurt a lot.

"Are you having fun?" I asked sitting down next to Key, running a hand over my heat tousled hair.

"Hyung..." Key said, glancing nervously at the others before continuing. "You should not do that."

"Do what?"

"Don't play with us, hyung." Jonghyun replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

As you tried not to look at me carefully so as not to show any interest in me - like the previous days - you looked away from my direction and rolled your eyes, as a sarcastic expression towards my attitude was shown on your beautiful face.

"What?" Before I could stop my jealousy, my words left my mouth. "Now you have something to say, Juliette?"

You looked me straight in the eye, taking that cold attitude that you could handle very well.

"Yes. I love the attitude you are taking; in which you pretend that nothing bothers you."

"I'm not pretending; I'm being a reflection of your attitude."

You blinked, impossible to believe that I spoke to you in the same way.

"That is not you, that's not the way you are, and the only one with that attitude here is me."

Strangely, responding to each of your comments this way was the only way for you to speak to me again, so here I was, thinking deeply about what to say to you because it wasn't easy for me to speak to you that hard.

"We have a long way to go in this marriage, Juliette, so there is enough space for the both of us."

Before you could answer me and play this little game between the two of us, your phone rang: and then I knew it, I knew it was him, I knew it by the way your face lit up every time something was about him.

"Where are you? I've been waiting for you."

Unlike my members, I was the only one who did not enjoy this little show.

"Okay." You hung up, and this time, you looked at me with a certain peace in your gaze, as if talking to him gave that to you. "There is not enough space, Jinki. But I see that you're learning from me, and I feel a good person today, so I'll teach you how to really bother someone."

When you stood up, angel, feeling so tall, the monster of jealousy finally overcame me completely causing me to stand up as well.

"Are you going to go with him? Dressed like that?"

"Why?" Key complained, because no one would insult the way he had dress you, not even me. "I think she looks beautiful. Go and show what you have, Juliette."

"Juliette looks more than beautiful." Jong said, and Minho hit him in the neck. "It was a compliment!"

"Be careful with those." Minho looked at him with a poker face.

"Noona, you look great." Taemin smiled.

Minho smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, guys, you too, Jong."

Jonghyun raised his thumb.

Traitors.

As I sat back down, surrendering to the idea of ​​you and Jinwoo together, I saw you walk and lose yourself in a crowd of people with all the confidence you could handle, wearing that black dress that drew glances towards you and your body. My own cheeks burned under the heat of my thoughts, thoughts that I began to have from the moment we began to share a bed, where every night, in dreams, you used to snuggle against my chest, as if you were seeking protection in my arms. And I wished you would do the same while awake too, but since this happened, you slept at one end of the bed without coming near me.

"I hate you all." I said, sighing, my body falling against the black sofa. "I thought we were family."

The boys laughed.

"You're the one who keeps messing things up." Key said, rolling his eyes. “We are not living in a drama. You could push Luna when she kissed you, besides, and worst of all, you are still close to her when you know that it makes our Juliette mad."

"She said it was a mistake!" I tried to explain to the boys for the thousandth time, but failed to convince anyone in the same way that I tried to convince myself that Luna would do nothing to jeopardize our marriage.

Jonghyun sighed tiredly, as if suddenly, he was about to lose patience with me.

"Hyung, please! I'm about to punch you for not using your eyes to see the things in front of you. You didn't spend years waiting for Juliette just to see other girl, who's obviously in love with you, come and try to separate you from the woman you love. Because you do love Juliette right?" Jong waited, and I nodded seriously. "I know you don't think Luna has feelings for you, and we didn't say anything because we didn't think she would actually do something, but since we've already seen that she will, we're going to protect Juliette if you can't."

The table sank into a deep silence as the others processed Jong's words, until finally, everyone nodded, while I, embarrassed, avoided their gaze to look for you somewhere. As if my heart was guiding me to where you were, I found you standing on the dance floor, with your hands on the shoulders of the other man who loved you almost as much as I did. And that was how I couldn't help it anymore, the pain in my chest was stronger than my most rational thoughts, and it forced me to stand up, ignoring the voices of my members on my way to where you were. I couldn't keep seeing how close you two were, because it hurt so much.

Forgive me, angel, because what I was about to do, I did for fear of losing you.

"Sorry to interrupt." I said, smiling sarcastically when I was standing in front of you. "But the show ends here."

"Show?" Jinwoo laughed sarcastically as you pulled away from his arms. "You can't talk about shows, Onew, not if you dance with Luna."

"This is not with you. This is with my wife." I replied, emphasizing wife, and then, I glanced at you. "You win, okay? You win. I'm jealous." 

You looked at me with pain in your eyes.

"Sure... because I always win."

"I lose, angel." I took your hand. "The game is over. Okay? I lose."

Your brow furrowed in confusion and sadness upon hearing my words.

"We will not do this now."

When you tried to get me to let go of my hand, Jinwoo put his arm around your waist to pulled you towards him.

"Just let her go." And with his other hand, he held my arm.

As he and I stared at each other in silence, I remembered the times we met in a coffee shop to talk about you, about his love for you, and the way he would keep his feelings aside as long as he could be around you to take care of you and protect you, but in these moments, I felt that all his words were blown away by the wind, as if they were worth nothing right now, as if the only thing he wanted was to get me away from you.

But when my hand became a fist, and I didn't know myself, you came to his defense.

"Jinki, please don't." You said quickly, and with the sound of your voice, worried, I let go of your wrist.

"I'm sorry, angel." I said, and then I realized the damage I was doing to you with my actions. "I didn't want to hurt you."

When the pain in your gaze was hard to bear, you walked away from us as if our love for you would not let you breathe, until you reached a place outside the dance floor, hidden in the shadows where no one else could see you.

"Are you okay, Juliette?" Jinwoo and I asked at the same time, and at the sound of our voices, we both frowned at each other until it made you laugh.

"Should we go to the hospital?" Jinwoo asked taking your arm.

His looked had softened and now, he looked at you with concern.

"I will not continue supporting this, Jinwoo." I said and Jinwoo looked at me. "I will not stand you approaching my wife."

When Jinwoo pulled himself away from you, I put an arm around your waist and took almost all your weight, because that was my duty as your husband.

"She and I are just friends, Onew. Now will you tell me that I can't be friends with her? Since when you have power over her?"

"If that ensures peace for her, and for me, then yes."

"It is you who make her feel insecure." Jinwoo raised an eyebrow. "Maybe if you were brave and tell Luna things as they are, she would leave your wife alone."

He was pushing my limits on purpose, making me take a deep breath as my hand tightened around your body.

"Luna knows she's not the one i love."

There I was, I had said it out loud for the first time, although it hurt not to have said it to you.

"Oh yeah. She knows it well."

"And what about you?" I laughed bitterly. "How do you think that she feels when you're around knowing that she can't correspond to what you feel?"

"You and I know it well, don't we?" Jinwoo laughed sarcastically.

"What is your problem?!"

"You are my problem." Jinwoo said.

"Guys stop!" You said, looking at us with the most tired expression on your face. "How old are you? Both of you are men, please act as such. I don't understand why you can't get along." You pulled away from me. "He will not try anything with me, Jinki. I just want you to understand that he will not do it."

"You know, Onew..." Jinwoo said thoughtful. "If you can't trust your wife... divorce exists for a reason."

I felt your little body against mine when I tried to get closer to him.

"Move, angel. I'm tired of playing."

"So what? Are you going to fix things fighting? Their manager asked you to come, Jinwoo, and you should be with me, but... I just need a few minutes alone. Okay? Fight if it makes you feel better, but you both will do it because you want to. This is not a drama where you are fighting over the girl. I refuse completely. And for this to work you both must stop acting that way, and if you don't do it for yourselves... at least do it for me, guys... please."

You walked away, leaving us behind. When you were far away where you couldn't hear me, I looked at Jinwoo.

“What are you doing, Jinwoo? You promised that you would not approach her with other intentions. Is it that your words are worthless?"

"Hey, I left, didn't I?" He looked at me seriously, and in his gaze I could see how difficult it had been for him to leave you. “Leaving Juliette here with you was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but I did it because I wanted to believe that you could protect her. You know what she's been through since the accident, since she lost her twin, and yet you let other people keep hurting her. It was you who said that you could protect her from everything and everyone. Is it that your words are the ones that are worthless?"

After that, Jinwoo left, and as much as it hurt to admit it, he was right.

I had failed to protect you despite trying with all my heart, angel, because I really did. All I have done so far, even though I failed, was to try to keep you safe, that you only lived good times because you deserved them more than anyone else in this world, but I couldn't keep my word. I failed you, I failed as your husband, as the person who swore to love you. Suddenly I felt more than tired, as if my body could not bear any more of these situations, and then I realized that, at this moment, I had to bet everything I had so that you could see, and understand all the love that I had only for you.

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

On the terrace of the club, it was easier to think clearly while breathing in the fresh air of Seoul.

"Thanks for coming, angel." I smiled, slightly as you approached to where I was standing. "I... I'm sorry, I didn't... it was not right the way I acted in front of you, but I can't spend one more night like this. Apparently, I'm the one who needs you the most."

You looked at me in silence for a few seconds, as if you were trying to quickly understand everything that was happening.

"How much do you think this will last, Jinki? This relationship, I mean."

"I want it to last forever, angel." I said with confidence. "That is all I want."

You smiled sadly.

"Forever is a long time. But what will happen to us in the future? Every time we seem to be okay something bad happens." You exhaled deeply, like you were debating whether you should say what was on your mind. "Tell me. What happened that evening?"

I sighed, not ready to tell you the true, because I knew, that somehow, that would hurt you more. But telling the truth was always the right thing to do... right?

"Luna was outside the apartment when I got there. She asked me to listen to her a few minutes and then she would leave. She wanted to apologize, but then began to cry. I could not leave her in that state either, so we walked inside so she could drink water and cool off. I heard your voice in the hall, and the next thing I knew she had her lips on mine when Minho and you appeared."

However, contrary to what i thought, you found something amusing.

"It's a lovely story, like a drama actually."

But I chuckled and shook my head.

"What am I going to do with you, little angel?" I said, making you look at me in surprise.

"Did you hear what I said? Why do you let me treat you that way? Is it that you don't mind at all? Don't act like you not notice what I say."

I chuckled, again.

"Of course I care what you say, angel, but I don't take it seriously when I see that you lie to me."

"I lie to you?" Your brow furrowed in confusion.

"Your eyes don't tell me what your words do. You can say many things, but your eyes say the opposite, so I would like to hear what your heart wants to say."

You blinked, feeling totally surprised.

"I... I don't wanna do this, Jinki." You looked away, ready to leave me with my feelings on the line, again.

"Why are you so afraid to be in love with me?" I said, sounding tired, but ready to tell you everything. "Once you asked why I wanted you by my side... and It's because I see you, angel, I see the real you. Like... you are very talented in drawing, and do everything with your left hand. You love animals so much, especially dogs, because you always had Levy next to you in the apartment. At dinner with our parents I knew you don't like seafood because you separate them from your plate. Or that you prefer chocolate ice cream when we see movies in the apartment. You like butterflies because in my view, they mean freedom. When you're nervous you play with the hem of your clothes. You like the color blue because your favorite sweater is that color. You love to read because the first thing you packed when you moved with us were your books... Do you want me to continue? I took the time to get to know you because you are important to me, because I'm sure life chose you for me."

I knew that my words and everything I learned from you had surprised you to the point of collapsing the walls that you had built around your heart, so fast that it scared you to know that it had happened.

"I don't want you to need me, Jinki." You shook your head, sounding so sad. "You shouldn't need someone else. What if that person leaves you? How will you live then?"

I looked at you with sadness, because I knew what you were talking about. But, without knowing what else to do to show you my love for you, I your cheek with my hand and I used it to lift your chin, just to kissed you gently.

"I love you, angel." I said against your lips, making you look at me with watery eyes. "I've loved you since I saw you in the church. Life put you in my way for a reason; because I have to take care of you, because I have to protect you. And I just want to love you, if you let me do it."

Whatever you were going to say to me, the sound of your cell phone buried your words in the back of your mind as you read the incoming message, seriously thinking about whatever was written there.

"What is it, angel?" My hand touched your cheek softly. "What happened? Something wrong?"

“Uh… yes, no...” You looked at me, so confused, so scared. “My mom is in Seoul.”

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

"If you don't want to be here we can go now." I stopped you, still holding your hand.

The hotel lobby was so cold I was afraid you could get sick.

"I think I had to overcome bad times confronting them. And I can't live ignoring situations like this. Uh… she and I never...” You stayed quiet for a moment, not knowing what to say. “I just would like to give an end to this part of my life. I do this now because you're here." And you squeezed my hand. "And what happens now... I know I can handle it. But don't take importance to what she might say. Sometimes she's... a little rude when she talks."

I was worried, but I didn’t want you to notice it, so I nodded, and we walked again. When I saw your mother sitting in the hotel restaurant, I knew you felt it was a mistake to come, i saw it in your face.

"Juliette." Your mother hesitated about getting close to you, but in the end she chose not to. "Jinki."

I bowed, and then, we just sat down.

"So... when did you come to Seoul?" You asked, but your voice sounded so tiny.

"2 days ago. So, how's your marriage? I'm sorry I wasn't there on your wedding." She looked at me and smiled in apology. "I hope Juliette's personality wasn't hard to handle, sometimes she can be temperamental... but I hope it didn't cause you any problems."

"Our marriage is fine." I tried not to frown when I replied, feeling weird to pretend I didn’t know her when I knew her since I was a little boy. "And I like your daughter's personality. She's not like other girls."

I smiled proudly, subtly highlighting your daughter.

"Wow..." She raised her eyebrows in surprise. "I'm glad. You're a good boy, Jinki, and Juliette's personality is strong, so much that sometimes she exceeds the limits. I think we've all noticed." 

You chuckled, but I could tell her words weren't funny to you.

"Like I said, I love her personality. It's not something I've seen in other girls, but we have made a breakthrough."

She nodded.

"I'm glad to hear that. Well, we haven't talked since you moved with your father." She looked at you. "Jinwoo's mom told me that he went to Paris to study, also she said it was you who made it possible."

"No, I just helped a little. His official classes haven't started yet, so he went back for a few weeks."

"Your father said you had an excellent score this cycle in college. Congratulations. And is good that you don't fight with anyone." 

"Actually... I was nearly suspended for hitting a class partner."

"Juliette." She sighed deeply. "Why are you acting like this? You shouldn't do that to your father." 

You bit your lip, and I knew you tried so hard not to say your next words.

"She, that class partner, talked about Jeremy."

Your mom got tense so fast.

"No one can talk about your brother, and you shouldn't do it either, it's time to let him go." 

You frowned.

"Neither she or anyone else is going to talk about my brother just to provoke me. And when are you going to let him go?"

"He was my son."

"He is my brother..."

"We will not speak about this again, Juliette. You know how it ends."

"I know." You whispered. "You cry and tell me that i'm a bad daughter, and I just pretend I don't care."

"You pretend? I see it was a mistake to talk to you." She shook her head. "You're still the same spoiled girl you always were."

You took my hand when I was a about to reply.

"Doesn't anyone remember me, Jill? I was like other girls, so let's not pretend that this is what I have been all my life."

"And you want to get innocent after what you did?" She tried to control her sobs. "I didn't raise you like this. You always defended your brother as if you hadn't been his senior by just 4 minutes. You destroyed everything with your irresponsibility. "You..." She started sobbing. "Because of you, your brother is in a coma and he's never going to wake up. Do you know it?" She looked at me. "Juliette & Jeremy Hamilton suffered serious accident back home, the elder of the twins was driving drunk. A neglected drunk left her brother on a coma."

At this moment, I really didn't understand the damage that talking to your mother did to you, angel, and although I wanted to be respectful to her, because I knew that she was not always like this with you, I couldn't avoid feeling guilty for realizing too late that I had to get you out of here before she broke your heart even more.

"Don't do that." My firm voice stopped you. I looked at you so seriously, so you would know I was going to protect you, but I knew, that deep inside, you could see I was in pain too. "We're leaving, angel."

I took your hand and helped you to get up.

"I'm sorry for what happened to your son, Mrs. Hamilton, But, didn't you consider, just for a moment, how your daughter felt after losing her brother? People say that twins have that bond that I can not understand, neither you. So, is not enough with what happened? Why trying to sink her more when what she needed was your support to recover that part that died in her? You not only lost one child. You lost both of them the day you decided to do this to the only one of the twins you still had."

Finally, as we both walked away with my hand holding yours, firmly, I could feel for the first time, that I was beginning to truly protect you.

––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

Thanks for reading to the end. Sorry for any grammatical errors. I hope you still enjoy reading this story. Thank youuuuuu♥