Love's way.

To the Beautiful You

Thank you all for reading this chapter. Sorry for possible grammatical errors or if there are any words in Spanish hehehe. XOXO


Song #13

Even if we fight a million times and our hearts break a hundred times,

like tangled threads,

our love is unbreakable Love's way. 

When I closed the dorm door, Gahul ran straight at me until he bumped into my legs, his tail wagging excitedly.

"Hi, little one, daddy's home. Did you miss me?"

The truth was that Gahul was no longer so little compared to when I brought him home, but he was one of the reasons why we needed to move now. As I kicked off my shoes and walked into the living room, I saw the boxes with our things stacked around, and realized it was him and the baby we were expecting what led us to our new home, the place you loved the moment you saw it. Even though you couldn't remember being there before, the feeling of deja vu didn't leave your body yet, like a feeling that would stay in there for a long time: but luckily, that wasn't something that stopped you from being happy to start over in our new home.

For a moment, as I entered the kitchen without you noticing my presence, too immersed in the music coming from your cell phone, I was so happy to realize that you were not bothered by the idea of moving somewhere else again, because maybe you knew we were doing that to form our own family, this time permanently. I loved the idea that this was not like the previous times, and that you would actually enjoy carrying your things to the new house - well, I carried them for you. These weeks had been a lot of back and forth to remodel it, but even with my schedule of filming my new drama and your meetings at your company, we always find the time to come home and snuggle together before bed.

"Even if we fight a million times and our hearts break a hundred times, like tangled threads, our love is unbreakable..."

You turned around at the sound of my voice singing the song you were listening to, smiling beautifully when you realized that I was finally home, because it was I who always sang to you before bed, and it was I who told you that our love was unbreakable.

"How come you always arrive at the right time?" You asked sweetly, walking towards me to hold me in a hug.

"Because I'm good at making big entrances." I joked as I recognized the scent of your perfume, which blended perfectly with the apple scent of your hair. "I missed you."

"We miss you too." You said as you pulled away from me, and I loved the idea that there was someone else missing me too. "Are you hungry? The boys have already eaten and they are in their rooms sleeping, but I can sit with you so you don't eat alone, so you can tell me how it went today.”

I smiled.

"Sounds good, angel, but the truth is that I just want to wash up and change my clothes so we can go to sleep."

"You sure?" You asked with concern.

"I'm sure, angel."

You nodded, and before walking to the room, you took your phone from the cabinet to turn off the music and walk with me and Gahul who followed us closely as usual. The boys were already sleeping comfortably in their rooms, and the dorm sank into a pleasant silence as we entered ours, closing the door for some privacy. I was so tired that I decided to take a shower in the morning, but before I went to the bathroom to wash, I walked over to the bed and flopped down to rest for a few seconds.

"Oh no. Once you lie in bed you don't get up again until the next day…” You chuckled as, with your eyes closed, I felt the bed sink under the weight of your body. "I know it, I've been there, I've done it too."

"I just want to rest for 5 minutes."

“Uh, do you want me to take your pants off? Because in another context that would sound very y, but now I don't know…” You said making me laugh, but if I hadn't been so tired, surely we would have done it. “Do you want me to help you remove your makeup? If I learned something from Sam and Danni, and then from Kibum, it's that you shouldn't sleep with your makeup on because it ruins your face. And that way you don't have to get up."

The thought of you helping me was touching and warmed my heart.

"Would you do it for me, angel?"

"Of course." I felt you get up to look for what you needed on the shelf that was near the door, and a few seconds later, you came back to the bed to sit next to me. "For some reason I liked doing this for my girls, it made me feel like a good friend."

“You are a very good friend, angel.” I moved my hand to find your body, placing it on your lap and close to your belly as you applied the makeup remover with the cotton on my face. "We are lucky to have you."

"Thank you." I saw you smile shyly, because a part of you still couldn't accept that you deserved to be called a good friend, a good daughter, and even a good wife, although to me you were that and much more. "You know? I had read that Jong was the most sentimental among you, but I didn't think I would find him crying when I came back from work. In fact, he asked me if he could come live with us."

I raised an eyebrow.

"You told him no, right?"

"Of course not! That would be cruel!” You chuckled. "I told him that he and the boys could come and sleep at home whenever they wanted."

I let out a groan, even though I loved the way you said home.

"You know they would do it every day, right?"

You seemed fine with that.

“Well... I think all the help will come in handy when the baby is born.”

I smiled wickedly.

“So you want to use them? That's very smart. I like it."

You laughed again.

“They volunteered, so why not? Also, the house is big enough for all of us, and the truth is that a part of me got used to being with them like, almost all the time.”

"They also love having you around."

"I know; I've been told so many times." You smiled proudly, which made me frown.

"Have they told you they love you?"

"Maybe sometimes..." You shrugged, as if hearing them say I love you was the most normal thing in the world. “Especially when I cook for them.”

I narrowed my eyes.

“Now I think we should move as soon as possible. I must get you away from them.”

You laughed.

"What you should do now is sleep." You put the things on the nightstand before turning to me, lying down next to me and using your right arm as a pillow. "Say goodnight to the baby so you can rest."

I smiled, and as I moved on the bed so that we were on the same level, I pulled you close to me.

"Good night baby. Good night mommy."

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

On our last night in the dorm, it was all peace and quiet as we all sat around our small dining room table, food ready, and a friendly conversation between my members and your best friends, who had gotten along better than we ever had imagined. It was with their help that we had moved very quickly, and we were ready to leave tomorrow, to start a new stage of our lives. I knew that it would be difficult for us to be without the boys, especially for me after so many years together living in the same place, but it was also exciting to feel how the hours grew shorter.

I could see in your face that you were going to miss the boys a lot too, but I saw the happiness and emotion that lit up your heart when someone mentioned that tomorrow we would be at home while we waited for the arrival of our baby. Although your hair was no longer dyed pink at the ends, a part of me was still see you as the girl I knew, but at the same time, it was amazing to see how that girl had transformed into a woman. Despite the time we had been together, it was still sometimes hard for me to believe that I had you sitting next to me, talking and laughing, carrying my baby.

At this point in my life, I could say that life had been more than generous to me in bringing you back to me, and even though you didn't remember me, we had managed to get back together to form a family like at some point in our lives we thought about it.

I was so in love with you that I thought I could never tell you with words, so I hoped that, looking into my eyes, you could feel how much I loved you.

"Hyung, stop, you look at Juliette like she's made of glass." Kibum scoffed at me, destroying the thought bubble I was in, as if he had guessed that I was thinking of you.

"Oh, leave him, he's in love!" Sam laughed next to Minho, but her words made you blush and chuckle, drinking from your soda because you were the only one who couldn't drink alcohol. Meanwhile, the others laughed. "It must be nice to be loved like that..."

"Don't feel bad, sweetheart, I love you." Danielle scoffed at her, but since Minho and Jonghyun shared a look, you and I did too.

“Speaking of love…” Kibum laughed, because he seemed to have seen the way Minho and Jong looked at each other and then at your friends – he was too smart not to notice. "I guess you girls have dated before."

"Sam and I went out with a couple of guys, but nothing serious, however, Juliette is the one who never went out with anyone." Dani answered, and I must admit that her words made me feel relieved.

"It's just that I wasn't always as charming as I am now." You laughed with embarrassment, as if a part of you didn't believe you could be loved either, even though there was so much about you to love. “Sami went out with a boy from our school and he was very nice… and very handsome too, in fact, he wanted to introduce me to a friend, but I wasn't ready to go out with anyone.”

Although you were talking about the time you lost Jeremy, I felt that your words were somehow going towards Minho, as if you wanted to prove that the way him and Sam looked at each other were something real and not just our imaginations. However, Minho was too honest with his emotions to hide what he felt and what he seemed to be feeling for Sam since they met, and his frown at your words was proof of that. On the other hand, Jonghyun seemed to like Danielle ever since she filmed “I'm Married to the Music” with us. Since then they had become very close friends, and I wondered if there could be something between them in the future – and apparently you thought so too.

Kibum seemed to notice it too, and from his side, Taemin seemed to enjoy the jokes.

"I wonder which of us will get married next." Tae said, continuing the conversation. “Now that Onew hyung has a wife, it's time for the other hyungs to think about getting married as well. They won't stay young forever."

“Yah…” Minho and Jong said at the same time.

"Don't make me scold you, Taemin." Kibum warned, though that only made him laugh more. “What do you mean they won't stay young? We just turned 30."

"That's right, you guys are getting old..."

Kibum narrowed his eyes at him, though the girls took his words humorously.

"There must be millions of girls who want to marry you all..." Dani said laughing, attracting Kibum's attention and his desire to choke Tae for calling him old. "But it is you who must choose them."

“I do want to get married.” Jonghyun smiled, and since he was the most romantic among us, I had no doubt that his future wife would be the luckiest. “And I want to have a daughter, so she will love me more than her mom.”

His laugh and his words made you laugh.

"I also want to get married, in fact, it was always my dream." Sam answered, and somehow, I felt her like a little girl, like that girl who played next to you in your grandfather's house. "But for now I'm living the dream through Juliette and the baby."

"I think we all do." Kibum smiled, and that filled my heart with love, because I saw how happy they were for us. “Especially me because I will be the godfather of the baby.”

"What?" Tae, Minho and Jong said at the same time, looking at him seriously.

But being... well, him, Kibum shrugged like he didn't care.

"What you heard."

"Why you?" Minho complained. "I asked for it first."

"Surely you did it after me."

Without seeing it coming, his words brought a lot of complaints from the boys who focused on me and questioned who was going to be the godfather of the baby. Although we hadn't really decided yet, I couldn't remember who asked for it first, Kibum or Minho, or maybe Jong or Taemin.

"Angel, can you help me with this?"

I looked in your direction, hoping you could soothe the looks the others gave me.

"Calm down, guys, and let me tell you about our method." You said laughing, referring to your best friends. “When we were younger we agreed that Sam would be the godmother of my first baby – if I ever had one – and Dani would be the godmother of the second. We agreed to have two children each so that each one could be the godmother and no one would feel displaced.”

"Then case closed..." Kibum replied sternly. "Juliette, you have to have 3 more babies so we can all be godparents."

You almost spit out the soda you were drinking when you heard his unfiltered words.

"Are you crazy?" You looked at him as if he had lost his mind. “If you give birth to them for me I will think about it.”

The others laughed at the look of horror on his face, but then I realized something.

"Angel, I thought we would have a lot of children."

The others choked out a laugh as you raised an eyebrow, looking at me relentlessly, as if absolutely no one would change your mind.

“Will you give birth to them?”

"No…" I answered fearfully.

“Then think twice, you two…” You looked at both of us, destroying our dreams. "I'm still scared of giving birth, so if someone else offered to do it for me, I think I'd let it."

"I personally think you're very brave for doing this, Juls…" Jong said, stifling the laughter around as everyone paid attention. “I mean: we will never know what it feels like to go through that, but if we are all sure of something, it is that we will be there for you, for everything you need.”

I loved the way you smiled at him, as if his words could melt you and take away all the fears you had as a future mom.

–––––– TO THE BEAUTIFUL YOU ––––––

And just like that, the days had passed in our new home.

Well...nights, because when everyone left it was 11:40 pm. Finally, everyone's schedules had coincided to gather at home, celebrating the days and nights we had already spent here, just us and Gahul. The walls of our room were painted a soft melon color, enveloping us in pleasant warmth as we got ready for bed. Although our life outside this house had been normal, it was exciting to return to a different place than the one I had lived in for so long. I missed the dorm, but I loved the feeling that grew inside me every time I parked the car outside the house, always finding you in the living room waiting for me: and the days when I arrived first, I was the one waiting for you.

You were already in bed when I came out of the bathroom, curling up against the covers after a tiring day, but as I moved the blanket away and lay down next to you, I noticed how thoughtful you looked.

"Is everything okay, angel?"

You frowned, as if the weight of your thoughts were difficult to carry.

“Yeah, just…” You hesitated for a second. “My mom called this morning. She… she wanted to know how I was doing with the pregnancy. If I was having nausea or cravings. It was a bit strange talking to her.”

I thought about it for a few seconds.

"You liked it? Her calling you…”

You shrugged.

“I don't know, I mean, it felt good that she cared about the baby, but the truth is, she scared me too. I wouldn't want her to be mean to him or her."

It made me sad what you thought about your own mom, but a part of me also worried that she might say something to you that would make you feel bad and affect your pregnancy. However, I tried to be positive, because I wanted to think that a call could be the beginning of something good.

“I think if she called it's because she worries that you and the baby are okay, don't you think? I'm pretty sure that when she heard the news, she was very happy for us. Despite everything, she's your mother."

“I know, it's just… I still can't fully process the idea that there is someone forming inside of me, but I just want to protect it, you know? Mom can be mean to me, but not to the baby."

I tried to smile, and although I did it sadly, I put my arms around you to show you that everything was going to be alright.

“Nothing and no one is going to hurt our baby, angel. I won't allow it, okay? Please don't worry about it. People who want to be in our lives will be more than welcome, and those who don't... I won't let them go near you or the baby, okay?"

My words made you smile.

"Okay."

I hoped that your heart would feel calmer upon hearing my words, and for a moment, it did. At peace with myself, we quickly fell asleep.

The next morning came in the blink of an eye, and before I knew it, I was waking up to the sound of my alarm, hugging your waist.

"Jagiya... turn that off!" I groaned, still wanting to sleep some more.

"It's your alarm clock."

"Please turn it off."

With my hands still around you, you moved slightly to grab my phone from the nightstand as I tried to go back to sleep before getting up to go to work.

"Jinki-ah..."

"Huh?"

"Can I use your phone?"

I laughed against your back, and for a second, I think you felt the vibration of my laughter against your skin on your shirt that was originally mine.

"You don't have to ask, angel."

Quietly and comfortably, the room sank back into a pleasant sleep as I began to drift off again. I didn't know how many minutes passed, but it felt good to have the heat of your body against me, at least until you decided to walk away and leave me there.

Yet my hands held you.

"Where are you going? Don't go, you can't leave me."

"Jinki-ah, you have to get up now."

"Noooo." I complained again. "Don't make me get up.~ Don’t force me."

"Come on. You have things to do... I have things to do."

"All you have to do is lie down with me, angel. What else do we need?"

"Not according to my schedule." You stood up, leaving me there alone.

"Angel, please." Lying on my stomach, I crawled to the edge of the bed. "Come back here, this is torture. You are torturing me."

You tried to laugh.

"Don't do this. You can't be late for work... again. Your manager told you that."

"Fine." I pouted. "Then go to the kitchen and make me breakfast, woman."

This time, you did laugh and walked out of the room.

I wished I could stay home with you all day, but I also knew that we both had things to do. It took me a moment to fully wake up, but that was when it hit me. What did you find on my phone? I wondered curiously as I took the phone and slid the bar. Light flashed in my eyes and I took a moment to adjust, then looking at a photo of you that I had shared on my Instagram.

For a moment everything was fine, until I noticed the comments: although most of them congratulated us on our marriage, some of them expressed their love for the character I played in “Descendants of the Sun”, and for the character of my wife in fiction.

Imagining you seeing all that was a hard blow, I felt it in my chest as I stood up to go find you. I knew well that I could never delete those comments, that they would continue to exist despite everything, but I could assure you that they weren't true. They didn't know you like I did, they didn't know all the love you could give.

As I walked out of the room, the next one on the right had an open door.

The baby's room was painted with a light blue color and clouds on the ceiling. There was a window with white curtains on the wall of the center, a cot against the right wall, a rocking sofa next to the window where you were sit with a stuffed rabbit on it, a carpet covering the whole room, and a sofa against the right wall. On the night table was Minho's gift for the baby; a lamp that drew bunnies that would dance around the room at night. Jonghyun had bought a stuffed bear giant size now sat beside the couch, while Key and Sam had filled his dresser drawers with a lot of clothes. Taemin's gift was a crib mobile. And as the gift you had given your brother’s wife when her babies were born, Danielle had given us a blanket with little bunnies.

I knew right away that being there made you feel safe, I knew he or she made you feel safe while sitting in the rocking sofa, Gahul's head on your lap made you company.

"Gahul... can you feel the baby?" You smiled and his head. "I know you can feel it. That's why you rest your head on my lap, right?"

"Your lap is my place."

With your eyes on our dog, you chuckled.

"My lap is his place."

"No, it's mine." I walked towards you two and sat sideways like you on the rocking sofa. I wrapped my arm around your waist, letting my hands on your lap as I rested my cheek against your back. "Are you upset, angel?"

You leaned back to look at me.

"Why should I?... What did you do?"

I looked up and rested my chin on your shoulder.

"You should check further. You missed some things."

"Like what?"

"Let me show you." While I pulled the phone from my pajamas pants and looked for something, you changed positions and rested your legs on the sofa arm and on my legs. When I found what I was looking for, I slid my left arm on your waist again and pulled you close to me. "Look."

The camera showed you yourself many years ago.

"Say hello, girls." Your grandpa said and Sammy waved her hand in the air, and behind her, you greeted shyly and looked away. "Baby... Do you want to say something to your fiance?" Your grandpa laughed.

"Hello." You said to the camera and looked away.

"That's all you wanna say, dear?" You looked at your grandfather and then to the camera, trying to say hello in Korean, but the word got stuck.

Beside you, I chuckled as the video ended.

"How long you have this?"

"Your grandfather sent me this years ago. Since then I watch it every day."

"Everyday?"

"Everyday.” I said, full of pride. “Every time I watch it; it makes me smile. Besides, that beautiful little girl became the woman who chose me."

You thought about it for a few seconds.

"I don't remember that day, but I remember the day Dad said there was a child across the world waiting for me. Dad said that fate had united us, that we were meant to be together and that I should wait for him as well. I remember we were in my room that day, and he was reading the story that Jason did for his class... now that I think about it... he cheated on me." You giggled. "He said a child was in love with me as Grandpa were in love with my grandmother. I was 9 years old and those words made me smile because the story of my grandparents was so beautiful that I never thought it could happen to me too."

"Is that why you're so nervous in the video?"

"I think so. I was a child, and I think the idea that someone saw me that way made me feel nervous... but in the end, you looked at me that way."

"Are you nervous now, angel?" I chuckled. "You look lovely when you're nervous."

"And when I'm not nervous?"

I showed you a mischievous smile.

"Look at my wife looking for a compliment."

"It doesn't bother me listen to one." You chuckled.

"Then I'll tell you you're always lovely... even when your nose wrinkles when you're upset."

You bit your lip, looking at me with a small smile.

"Jinki... And how you found out we were going to get married?"

I smiled, because I loved that story.

FLASHBACK.

Within his warm home, little Jinki got down the stairs of his home to watch TV in the living room, but when he sat on the couch he watched curiously the photo album that was there, open. Jinki turned the pages reliving old times of his young age. He could remember some of those moments, and others were only told by his parents in his baby days. Then, in the midst of those pages he found a photo that it hadn't a story, because he would remember it when he saw her face.

The little girl had happy eyes and a smile that made him smile too. She wasn't even looking at the camera, because she was too entertaining making soap bubbles through that small plastic ring. Her black hair seemed to move with the wind and it moved her blue ribbon that had fastened around her left wrist. Jinki looked at her a few seconds and then pulled the picture into his small hands and against his chest.

The main door was ajar and Jinki walked toward it. The rain brought a cool breeze and he hugged the photo. His mother was on the porch of the house near the entrance stairs under the wooden roof, while his father was standing under an umbrella a few steps from them.

"Mom?"

"Hi, honey." His mother looked at him with a smile full of love. "What have you got there?"

"Who is she, Mom?" Jinki showed her the photo, holding it tight because he feared that the wind could take it away.

His mother laughed, she watched her husband a few seconds, and then helped his son to sit with her on the stairs.

"She is very beautiful, right?" His mother looked at the photograph with loving eyes and looked at her son. "Listen, honey, now there is a bond that unites you both. Perhaps fate united you two, but I know you will find the love that will keep you two together. It is she who you must see through the crowd. When you grow up you'll understand what's going on."

"So I can keep the picture with me?"

"I know you'll take good care of it, honey."

FLASHBACK ENDS.

"I still have that photo, it's in my wallet. I didn't even know you but since that day I saw you like an angel. You looked so beautiful in that picture that I couldn't do anything but look at you. I always wondered how was your life, the things you liked to do, things that made you smile. I hoped that someday you would smile at me in the same way you were smiling in that picture. And in fact, the first time you actually smiled at me, I thought that despite everything you thought about yourself, you were still that little girl who loved to play with bubbles."

You looked at me thoughtfully, as if a part of you couldn't believe that story that seemed to be taken from a fairy tale.

"Did you show that picture to the boys?"

"I felt a little selfish with your photo, in fact." I chuckled. "The boys already knew we were going to get married, but i never showed them that picture. But one day Tae found it in my wallet and said you had not changed."

"He just knew that I was that girl?"

"Well... you haven't changed, angel. With those eyes and the smile, but I didn't let any of them fall in love with you."

"Yes, of course. As if that could happen." You laughed sarcastically. "Have you ever thought that this could happen... even considering I wasn't very nice?"

"I was sure it would happen, I just had to use all my charm." I smiled. "But if you had told me that I got you so nervous when you were a child we could be together before."

"You don't..." You tried to act normal. "Do that to me."

"Yes, of course." I chuckled.

"Ugh... don't copy me." You complained, laughing too. "But I think we lost time because of me."

"But in the end everything turned out well, right?" I hid my face in the crook of your neck, loving the smell of your perfume. "We're together now, and waiting for this little tokki."

Yes, I could say that our life was perfect… at least until this morning.