Chapter 11: I have ______?

Never Lose Hope

 

After the rehearsal Leeteuk sent me to my house “Take a rest Taeyeon-ah, see you tomorrow” he waved and I waved back. “What if I check up to my doctor?” I said to myself. “That’s right, I need to have a check up to my doctor to know my condition”. I nervously walk to the hospital where my doctor is.

[In the hospital]

I was searching for my doctor’s room, Mr. Lee. It’s been a long time since I visited here, I think when I’m still 14 years old. Then I finally found his room.

[In Mr. Lee’s room]

“Excuse me Mr. Lee, Are you busy?” “Oh~ Taeyeon-ah, sit down” “You remember me?” “Yeah, but it’s been a long time since we met” we just smiled. “you're growing older Taeyeon-ah.....What brings you here?” my doctor suddenly asked. “I came here to check my condition if nothing’s wrong” “what’s about it?” “My stomach at the left part hurts often, I can’t focus on what I’m doing” “are you eating so much?” “No, my eating habits are okay” “did you get tired easily?” “Yes, but I’m not like this in the past, I have full energy but now I can’t feel that energy anymore” “I think there’s a problem with your condition, follow me” then we stood up and I nervously followed him.

[Inside the operating room]

“I’ll check your condition here” while he was speaking he was preparing the things needed for checking my condition. “Are you nervous?” “Honestly….yes” “Don’t be nervous, ok?...are you ready?” my doctor suddenly asked “Yes……..I’m ready” Then the operation starts and I’m still nervous but not only nervous I also feel scared and I want to go home now but this is for my own sake so I’ll continue this.

[In Mr. Lee’s room]

The operation for checking my condition is already finished. My doctor let me wait for him in his room for the result. I was nervously waiting for him sitting in the chair. *I wish nothing is wrong* *please….nothing is wrong* I am closing my eyes while saying that thoughts. Suddenly, I heard the door open. I opened my eyes and saw Mr. Lee. I felt more nervous when I saw his expression. “Ms. Kim” my doctor called me then he sit towards his table “Y-yes?” I was shaking. “You need to rest and don’t do anything that will make you tired, okay?” I nodded. “What’s the result?” I suddenly asked “Look at this” he gave me the paper that he used awhile ago when checking my condition, all the information about me is written there. I read it *I have…a cancer* my eyes widened and about to cry but I stopped it. “So that’s the result Mr. Lee?” I said with a sad face “So you take care of yourself…that will be my advice for you” “Thank you Mr. Lee” I walked towards the door with tears about to fall.

[In my house]

[Inside my room]

I kept the paper in my drawer that my doctor gave to me so that no one can read it, because I don’t want them to know about it. I lied on my bed and started to cry hard. I didn’t expect that this will happen to me. *How about my audition?…will I continue it?* still crying hard and confused.

[End of Taeyeon’s POV]

[Next Day]

Leeteuk know that Taeyeon will not practice today because Taeyeon said she wants to take a rest because her body was hurt. But Taeyeon is okay in real, she just reasoned it because Taeyeon was scared to attack by her cancer and she don’t want Leeteuk and her family know about her condition so she is finding ways to reason out to Leeteuk until she cannot join on the coming audition because of her cancer.

Taeyeon’s dream is to be a famous singer someday but because of her cancer, she cannot continue it anymore because she knows someday she will die.