Thirty-two

Always On My Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty-two

 

 

“Oh my gosh!”

Tiffany slumped back on her chair and gently rubs her loaded stomach.

“I’ve never eaten like this my whole life. I feel like a stuffed pig.”

She heard Jessica chuckles at her statement while Yuri just burst out laughing at her.

“You’re not the only one! Look at mine!”

Yuri tapped her own tummy too, feeling proud that she ate a lot.

“This only proves how good of a cook is my wife!”

“Stop praising me too much, Seobang!”

“I’m just telling the truth!”

“Yeah unnie, I can’t believe how good you at cooking. While me… well let’s says the kitchen bans me already!”

Jessica laughs at her again.

“I was also bad at cooking before. But I studied hard for my Yuri.”

“Aw my baby… I’m so touched!”

It was Tiffany’s turn to smile at her sister when Yuri leaned in and kissed Jessica in the cheeks to thank her before leaning down to plant a kiss on the small bump on her sister’s stomach.

The three of them were having their lunch on the front porch, while having a great view of the perfect blue colored sea of Jeju.

And this is how Tiffany had pictured her family in her mind, doing what every family does when having a gathering. A simple feast that is shared by the whole family, were every eat together, laugh together, smile together, bicker at each other jokes together. It been so long since she felt like this since her mom and dad passed away and she felt truly blessed that she’s now experiencing it again, now with her sister and a bonus sister in law and in a few more years her cute little niece or nephew will be with them too.

Sometimes, Tiffany can’t help but feel a bit jealous with the two obviously sweet love birds in front of her. Because she can clearly see with her own eyes how much Jessica and Yuri loves each other. And how she wished that she could feel like that as well and that’s when an image of a missing person she badly missed these past few days would popped out in her mind.

‘I wonder what Taeyeon is doing right now…’

Tiffany shakes of her thought immediately. She doesn’t want to indulge herself to another wishful thinking about Taeyeon. After Jessica’s case was settled the young woman was out sight.

‘To hell with that midget! She didn’t even bother to say goodbye to me! She just disappeared one morning!’

Tiffany hates herself more for feeling betrayed because Taeyeon left her without a word. She feels even more worst because she feels that way. Because in all truth in the world, she shouldn’t feel that way, she doesn’t have the right. Because she and Taeyeon isn’t committed to one another. It’s not like they’re in a relationship together for Tiffany to feel like this.

Tiffany felt like a fool for thinking that Taeyeon actually meant every words she said to her before. To the point that Tiffany believed that Taeyeon could be really in love with her. And she’s now the queen of fools for actually falling on love with that stupid midget named Kim Taeyeon.

Her thoughts were cut off when she felt a warm hand rubs her back which only reminds her even more of Taeyeon.

“What’s bothering you, little sis?”

Tiffany smiled at Jessica and shakes her a little.

“Nothing… just feeling sleepy after eating.”

“You little pink piggy! You can get back inside the house if you want to rest a bit.”

The little tease made Tiffany laugh.

 

 

 

 

The followings days was truly a bliss for them, specially to Tiffany because she felt like a kid again and her sister and Yuri are her parents. The couple just keeps on pampering her with everything. They didn’t allow Tiffany to return to the city until the new school term starts, they insisted that the three of them should stay in Jeju for the whole vacation and return to Seoul before school starts. Which she immediately agreed upon.

Even Sunny and Sooyoung spend a weekend with them, she introduced them to her sister and Yuri and her blessings was addend once more when her best friend immediately clicked with her sister and Yuri making her family more bigger and livelier.

Tiffany and Jessica always spends times together to catch up on each other. They always talked about their childhood days, their teens up to their present or just anything in they find entertaining to talk about. Yuri just let them and give the space because she’s a natural understanding person.

Yuri also uphold her promise to her that she will do everything she can to fix her sister’s problem. Also the help Mr. Kwon gave them made everything possible. Yuri and her father settled the problem regarding their bank with the rest of the board. She heard that Taeyeon and her father helped as well in backing them up so the rest of the board member could do anything at all. Mr. Kwon personally asked not filed a law suit against her daughter in law and Yuri, specially Jessica appreciated it a lot.

Kang Min voluntarily surrendered himself to the police. Jessica begged Yuri not to file a lawsuit against Min because she still considered him as her older brother and she wants to ask for his forgiveness as well.

Jessica and Min finally gets to talk to each other, they both cried asking for forgiveness to one another and eventually amended their torn friendship. They forgave each other and promised to make up to all the mistakes they both did. Jessica insist that she will still pay Min because she knows that he was saving it for his family.

After that, all of them finally was able to breath lighter. Everything was fixed and back to normal.

But Tiffany can’t say the same to her heart.

 

 

 

 

“Fany are you sure you don’t want to come with us? I can still get you a ticket for tomorrow’s flight!”

Yuri was asking her again, they are now back in Seoul with a week away from new school term.

“The new school term is a week away I really don’t think I can.”

“Fine we will let you off the hook this time.”

“Seobang, I know you’ve grown attached to my little sister but she still have work to do and responsibilities on her school Besides we’ll be only gone for three weeks.”

Yuri and Jessica are going back to LA to have her first check-up from the clinic that helped them with their IVF.

“But you have to make sure to be there when Sica gives birth, okay?!”

“Yuri, I already promised that to you. You already had it down in my planned and tomorrow you will file an advance leave to Sunny to make sure that she will approved it and won’t make unnecessary scheduled on Jessica delivery date.”

“Yeah?! I did?! Well… we need to be prepared! And after we comeback from LA you and I will start fixing the nursery room!”

“Yes, Kwon Yuri. You also already written it down on my planner.”

“Good good! So you! Be a good girl while me and your sister is out of the country! Don’t go talking to strangers”

“Alright! Alright! Geez Yuri you’re worst than my sister!”

Jessica laughs at the childish banter of her sister and wife. She felt really happy and blessed to have them both in her life and soon their happiness will grow more when their little angel arrives.

 

 

 

 

 

Tiffany stretch out while inhaling the fresh morning air. She closed her eyes and smiled and let the gentle ocean air hit her face. It was last minute decision, after she went home from dropping off Jessica and Yuri to the airport, she suddenly had the urge to go see the beach and reasoned out she missed Jeju.

So, Tiffany gets her back pack and car keys and drive off to the nearest beach she could think off. It’s now her second day in local hotel in Daecheon beach which is only a two to three-hour drive from Seoul. Yesterday she just walked around the shoreline, letting her bare feet sink into the soft silvery-brown sand while her mind also sinks away in thoughts of that one particular person that turns her world upside down.

Tiffany thanks her ringing phone which saves her from drowning herself self from thought of Taeyeon again.

“Good evening!”

“Good morning to you little sis!”

Tiffany heard Jessica’s laughter and smiled.

“How’s the jet lag?”

“Still adjusting, Yuri is still wide awake. We’re gonna grab our dinner now so you go and get your breakfast. And your sister in law is fuming mad like a parent that found out her daughter snuck out of her bedroom to meet with her boyfriend in the middle of the night!”

Jessica’s loud laughter booms and Tiffany can’t help to laugh along.

“You’ll gonna get an earful from her once we get back so be ready. Actually, I’m now fearing for my child’s future because her mom will be super protective.”

“Tell Yuri I’m sorry, please. It really a last minute decision and I think it’s nice to enjoy my vacation to the max before going back to work and besides I’m going back tomorrow.”

“Why don’t you just stay there until Sunday and get a full rest. It’s only short drive so you really won’t get tired again from driving back.”

“Hmmm now that you suggested that, I think I’ll go for that.”

“Okay, just updated me on your where abouts. And like what Yuri says—“

“Don’t talk to strangers! I remember very well mother!”

She heard her sister laughs again.

“Geez you guys really treats me like a baby.”

“You’re my baby sister. Just accept it”

“Fine fine… you need to update me too okay?! Call me anytime! Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies!”

“Okay okay, mother!”

It was Tiffany’s turn to laugh.

“Call me as soon you finished your check up, okay?”

“I will.”

“I missed you, unnie!”

“I missed you too baby sis. See you in two weeks.”

“Okay, you three stay safe okay?!”

“We will, you take care too!”

“I will.”

“Okay gonna hang up now, call you again later!”

“Okay, till later unnie!”

Tiffany returned her phone back into her pocket and decides to get her breakfast and walk around the beach resort and look for something to do.

Since the weather is nice and breezy, Tiffany decided to take a morning walk in the shoreline again, last night she saw a spot in the shoreline that has black colored bed rocks and glistened in the moonlight but since it was already dark she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter