“Promise!”

You and I meant to be together

Hara’s POV

‘Hmp!..If you don’t want to me to bother you with your life, I will just leave you.’ I start packing my things because I will leave this house since he won’t listen to me. For him, I am just his dongsaeng who can’t bother him.

“Yah, Hara-ah!” I stop when I heard my mom’s voice.

“Open this door. Mommy wants to talk to you..Please.” she pleaded and I quickly hide my bag under my bed, before taking a seat on my bed.

“Come on, in!.” then I heard my room’s door swings open.

“Hara, baby..Whatever you and your brother fought about please understand him.”

“Understand?..No mom!” I stood up angrily.

“Hara..”

“I will not tolerate him in hurting himself with Minyoung..But if that’s what he wants then, I will leave this house..I can’t see him torture himself just because of Minyoung and her evil dad..If you want that situation, mom..so be it..but me..I don’t!” I firmly said and cross my arms in my chest.

“Hara..”

“sorry mom..but I have to do it..I want oppa to realize that she is not worth it for his love.”

“Ok..I’ll talk to your brother..just don’t leave us.” Hearing my mom plead like that makes me soft again, but I can’t. If oppa won’t listen to mom, nor I won’t listen to him to.

****

I eavesdrop when my mom and oppa, talk.

“Mom, don’t tell me you also?”

“Son, Hara has a point..I don’t want you to hurt yourself again because of her..Minyoung cheated on you..and now you are accepting her like nothing happened before..”

“Mom..I am not accepting her..and we’re not getting back together..”

“so what do you think you are doing now?”

“I am just helping her..she is suffering fr~”

“and you?..are you not suffering too?..Tell me the truth, Seunghyun-ah..Do you still have feelings for her?..Do you..still love her?” my mom directly asked him. He didn’t answer quickly.

“Mom..” that’s all he said.

“Stop, Seunghyun..I can see it..You don’t need to say it..”

“Mom..please..” now I know that oppa, still love her. I can’t take it, so I walk away and went to my room. ‘Sorry oppa, I have to do this..’ I pull out my back pack bag with my clothes inside it, and then I quietly walk out at my room without anyone knowing.

****

“Where should I go now?” I asked myself while looking at the bus passes by in the station. I fished my phone and search for someone to call and asked if I can stay with them for the mean time.

“Hello, Aryan!” it’s the first person I call.

“Oh, Hara-ssi!”

“Ahmm..aa..are you at home?”

“Yes..Why?”

“ehh..mm..can I stay at your house?”

“Huh?..but why?”

“I just had a problem with my brother.”

“Omo..Hara, I’m sorry..I can’t..”

“Please..Just for a day..”

“Sorry..I really can’t..Bye!” she quickly end the call.

“Haist!..maybe Jessica will.” Then I dialed her number, but to my dismay she’s out of reach. The I dialed Kay’s number, but the she rejected me. Haist!..Where am I going now?..I don’t want to go home. Aha!.

“Hello?”

“Oh, Hara unni!” aigoo..thank God Jessie is still awake.

“Hi!..hmm..did I wake you up?”

“actually..not..Why?”

“hmm..is your mom still awake?”

“No..Why?”

“aaa..Jessie..can I asked you a favor?”

“Yes!..anything for you unni..”

“Thanks..can I stay at your house tonight?” I gulp the lump on my throat after saying it. I hope she say yes..Please.

“OK!”  hmm?..Did I hear her right?

“Wh-what..what did you say?”

“I said O.K..as in OK!”

“Oh my god, Jessie!..Thank you very much..Where is your house?” I asked and she told me her address.

****

I didn’t take long when I arrived at their place. Hehehehe..Jessie is my savior. I press the door bell button near their gate, then suddenly Jessie come out.

“Hi, unni!”

“Oh, Hi.Jessie!” I wave at her.

“Come in!” she invited me in and I follow her. She leads the way from their house to her room.

“Mom is already asleep so you can sleep here at my room.”

“Thank you Jessie.” I hug her tight.

“No problem, unni..As long as it’s you..hehehehe..” I can feel her small arms hugging me back.

“Where are you going to sleep if I’ll be sleeping at your room?” I worriedly asked.

“At my mom’s room..”

“Oh..but..ahm..can you sleep here with me?..”

“Sure!..I was actually going to suggest that..hehehehe..”

“Thanks Jessie!”

“You can place your things here, unnie..” She pointed a place to where I can put my bag.

“Anyway, what are you doing when I called you?” I curiously asked.

“Just watching movie on my tablet pc.” She seats in front of her tablet pc with a stand to help it stand on its own.

“Really?..What movie?” I get close to her and peek at the movie she is watching.

“It’s a love story..”

“Love story?..Eh..aren’t you should watch kids movie instead of that?”

“Unni..I am watching love stories because I want to get strategy on how I can make my mom and ahjussi fall for each other..”

“Oh my god!..are you serious?”

“Yes!..because I think ahjussi is the right one for my mom.”

“but, Jessie..about that..you have to know this..The reason why I left is because of him..my oppa.” I start to tell her the whole story. She face me and asked.

“Why?”

“He still love his ex..” with that she suddenly stood up and cross her arms. I got surprised.

“NO WAY!..I WON’T LET THAT HAPPEN!”

“Eh?..but how are you going to do that?”

“Not me..WE!..”

“We?” I point myself and her back and forth.

“Yes!..”

“But how?”

“Love story movies will help us..hehehehehe..” she smirk.

“Wow..your really a smart kid.”

“Of course!..My mom is smart and my dad too but he is just a waste..He left my mom, for another woman..but still I consider him as my father..It’s just that I don’t want him to get near with my mom again..” She seat again.

“But why?..Don’t you want the three of you become one again?”

“It’s not like that..It’s just that…I don’t want to see my mom get hurt again because of him..7 years was enough for him making my mom cry and carry all the responsibility in raising me up..so now..I will help her find the right man that can take care, and love her and I too..”

“and that man is my brother?”

“Your right!” she gives me thumbs up. I smile at her determination.

“Ok..then..I will help you..”

“Promise?” she raises her pinky finger and I do the same and tie it with her as we do the pinky promise.

“PROMISE!”

****

The next day…

Dara’s POV

I wake up as soon as I hear my alarm clock rings, then I went to the kitchen to prepare our breakfast. After I’m done in preparing it, I go to Jessie’s room to wake her up. I knock and call her name before I enter the room.

“Jes~” I stop when I see that there are two people in her bed.

“YAH!..WHO ARE YOU?!” I shouted and point at the person sleeping beside my daughter. I see .Jessie sit up groggily followed by the other person.

“Good morning, mom!” she greeted then yawn.

“YOU!..WHO ARE YOU?..WHAT ARE YOU DOING INSIDE MY HOUSE?” I come close to them to see clearly her face.

“Hey, mom..calm down..please?” I heard Jessie speak.

“Calm down?..How can I, when I know a stranger came in without my knowledge?”

“Mom, she’s not a stranger..She’s my friend..and ahjussi’s dongsaeng.”

“Your friend?..how come you let her in without my permission?..and wait..what did you say?..she’s what?” I think I hear her said ahjussi.

“Mom, she’s Choi Seung Hyun ahjussi’s dongsaeng.”

“do-dong-dongsaeng?” my eyes grew wide upon hearing it clearly.

“Yeah..She’s Choi Hara.”

“I’m sorry about this, Ms. Sandara..She’s righ..Choi Seung Hyun is my oppa..I’m Choi Hara..” she introduced herself.

“Aigoo..” my palm touch my forehead and sigh.

“You two..better get up and wash up..let’s talk at the dining area..” I commanded before leaving the two of them.