“Personal secretary?”

You and I meant to be together

Nobody’s POV

“Son, eat first your breakfast before you go.” Mrs. Choi said while preparing the food inside the dining area. Seunghyun went to his mom.

“Thanks mom, but I’ll just take breakfast at the office because I am going to be late.” He kiss her cheek as a goodbye before he go.

****

At the office Minyoung’s father was waiting at the conference room because Seunghyun wants to talk to him. After a couple of minutes, Seunghyun arrived inside the conference room.

“Good morning and sorry I am late!” He apologizes.

“That’s ok..” Mr. Park accepted his apology and fixes his coat while Seunghyun take a sit.

“What is it that you want to talk about, Seughyun-shi?”

“I want to be straight to you Mr. Park….I want to end our partnership.” With his sudden revelation, Mr. Park’s eyes grew wide in disbelieve.

“WHAT?..W-WHY?..besides, do you know what you are saying to me right now?” his voice raise a bit towards him as anger starts to fill him.

“Yes I know. I can’t tell you the reason why I am doing this, but one thing I am sure is..I DON’T WANT TO WORK WITH A USER!” Seunghyun retorted back while he give him death glare.

“HUH?..WHAT?..USER?..ME?..Where did you get that stupid information?”

“It doesn’t matter who said me that be~”

“Tell me the truth, Seunghyun-shi!..Is it about my daughter that you are acting like that?” Seunghyun caught off guard by the mention of her name.

“Don’t include her in this conversation.”

“NO!..AND STOP THIS CRAZY THING!..I DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BOTH OF YOU, but please don’t make fast decision like this.”

“Mr. Park, I have th~”

“I will be leaving now, let’s meet up next time when both of us are in good mood.” Without hesitation and waiting for Seunghyun’s reply he leaves the room. Seunghyun slump his back on the chair in frustration and let out a sigh, then massage his temple. His phone vibrates inside his pocket so he fished it. It’s a message from Jessie.

From: Jessie

Good morning Ahjussi, thanks for sending us home last night. Yesterday was the best, anyway..my mom want to say thank you too. Have a nice day! ;)

Seunghyun smile after reading her message and for the mean time, forgot his problem, then he got this idea in mind. He went out to his office and speaks to his secretary.

“Bea, please cancel my morning meeting schedule today. I have important thing to do. I’ll be back before or after lunch.”

“Ok, sir!” He left his office. While he is driving, he made a call.

Dara’s POV

I am at the kitchen when preparing for our breakfast before we could go off to school and work. When I heard Jessie screams calling my name, so I panicked and went out to check on her.

“Baby, why are you sh~” I blink twice, thrice to see if I am not hallucinating.

“Good morning!” He greeted me.

“S-Seunghyun?”

“Ahahaha..Yeah!..Why are you looking me like you have seen a ghost?” He chuckle a bit and sarcastically ask me. I rolled my eyes.

“Huh?..EH?..I didn’t expect you to come here in this early.”

“Didn’t expect me?..but I told Jessie to ask you first if it’s ok for me to come..and she said yes, that’s why I came..right Jessie?” He looks down to my daughter as she looks up to him and glances at me with a makeup smile.

“hehehe..I didn’t thought that he will come so I never told my mom..hehehe..” She scratches the back of her head.

“Ah, ok!..Jessie,..” He kneels down to her level and holds my daughter on both shoulders as he talk to her.

“I mean what I said and if I promise something to a person, I do everything I can to comply with it.”

“Really?..so it means..we are going out to eat breakfast?” She excitedly asks him and he nods causing her to jump up and down because of so much happiness.

“Mom, did you hear that?..Ahjussi will treat us for breakfast.” She exclaim. I nod at her and plaster a shy smile.

“But, baby you have class, right?” I told her incase that she forgets her schedule.

“Oh, right!” She snaps her finger in the air.

“Then, maybe Ahjussi and you will drop me off at the school..And you two can have breakfast together.” She suggested.

“Eh?.” Seunghyun and I both said in unison.

“Yeah!..that’s a good idea..so let’s go!..Ahjussi come on..” She pulls Seunghyun to walk out the house leaving me dumbfounded. Aigoo..What is happening?

“MOM!..LET’S GO!.” With her unexpected scream, I came back to my senses.

“Y-yeAH!..COMING!” I quickly remove the apron and grab my bag on the couch before I went out then lock the door. I saw his car parked at the front gate and he was leaning his back on it, then Jessie pop-out her head from the window.

“MOM, PLEASE FASTER!..I am going to be late.” I walk faster and Seunghyun opens the backseat door, but Jessie stops him.

“No, no, no..Not here..I want to be here alone, ahjusshi. Mom, just sit at the front..please..” my eyes widen at her.

“Oh?..Ok!.” Seunghyun agreed with her and lead me to the front seat. ‘aigoo..Jessie..’ I unwillingly followed him and slide down to take a sit. After he closed the door, he went to the driver seat and drive.

“Ahjusshi!” Jessie suddenly pop out from nowhere in between the driver and passenger seat.

“Yes, Jessie?” He ask while his so focused on driving.

“I think I am going to be late if I will eat breakfast with you..”

“Eh?..but I thought you want to eat?” I see Seunghyun creased his brows then I look at my daughter.

“That’s true, but I am going to be late..Maybe, you could just drop me at school so you and mom can have a breakfast together.”

“WHAT?!” I suddenly burst out because of her suggestion.

“Yeah!..Mom, you need to eat..so I want you to come with ahjusshi..” she nod and I look at her with disbelieved.

“and ahjusshi, please take care of my mom, ok?..” She look at Seunghyun with a threatening eyes, he look back and smile.

“Hahaha..Yes, madamme!..If that’s what you want.” He said in a polite tone. ‘Aigoo..What is happening in the world today?’ Then we arrived at Jessie’s school, she quickly open the door and went out without waiting for us to get off of the car. She pop out at Seunghyun’s window before he can open the door.

“Thanks for sending me off, ahjusshi!...” She winks at him before turning to look at me.

“Mom, take care and enjoy the food..Bye!.” she waved at me so happily, and I startled. Then I see Seunghyun look at me and smile.

“Ahjusshi, remember your promise..ok?..BYE!” Seunghyun nod before she runs off.

“hahaha..Your daughter is so cheerful..” I heard Seunghyun’s deep and husky voice and it give me goosebumps.

“heh..hehehe..” I awkwardly laugh at it.

Seunghyun’s POV

We arrived into a coffee shop where she wants to go, we ordered coffee and cake then we seated opposite to each other. I watch her while slicing her cake into pieces using her fork, she is so fragile and beautiful in any sides. Both of us was silent ever since we seated. She maybe feel uncomfortable with me.

“Ahm!..” I fake a cough and her attention shifted to me, I smile at her.

“Dara, I hope you don’t mind me asking..How long are you working at mall?” I started a conversation.

“ah..Just a year..”

“ahh..”

“My friend is the one who recommend me to it because she knows that I need money to support Jessie’s schooling.” After hearing her reason, I got an idea.

“hmm..Dara, are you open to opportunity?”

“Yes, why?” She ask before she forked a piece of cake and shoved it to .

“I want to offer you a job at my company.” I said straight to the point.

“Eh?..”

“Just take it as my return of kindness you made for me for saving my life.”

“But..I don’t think I can’t fit in.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll help you with that.” I assured her.

“What job is it?”

“Personal secretary.”

“Personal secretary?” she repeats what I said with a questioning tone.

“Yes, because my old secretary will be having a leave..She is pregnant that’s why I need someone to accompany me while she is not around.”

“What if when she comes back?..You will just fire me easily?”

“Hahaha..Of course not!..I will put you to the other department so you could still maintain your work in my company.”

“ahm..Seunghyun, can I think about it first?..”

“ Yes, you could.” My lips made a thin line as I pursed it and nod at her.