Chapter 6

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yoongi patted Jimin’s back as he puked for the third time. He felt slightly guilty that he had caused this by letting Jimin drink too much of those martinis.

“Do you need some water?” Yoongi asked.

Jimin shook his head no as he sat down. His skin looked slightly green.

“I am sorry,” Yoongi said. “I shouldn’t have let you drink so much”

“It wasn’t your fault,” Jimin said in a weak voice.

“Do you need to see a doctor or something?” Yoongi asked.

“No, I’ll be fine,” Jimin said. “I’ll just sleep in”

“Are you sure,”

Jimin nodded and gave Yoongi a small smile.

“Should I take you to bed now?” Yoongi asked.

“Yeah, I think I’m done here,”

Yoongi helped up Jimin get up on his feet and helped him to the bed.

Jimin smiled again in a way to thank Yoongi as he slowly started to fall asleep. Yoongi decided to do the same as he looked at the clock. It was already over 3 am and Yoongi had his first class at 8.

He switched off the lights and took one last look at Jimin who seemed to be sleeping peacefully now as he lied down on the bed.

Jimin was Yoongi’s first ever roommate technically second because for whatever reason his first roommate had switched places in less than a week.

Yoongi was grateful because it was almost like having his own place. No boy was there to make things messy or get some random girl to have . He wouldn’t have to fight over space and he could pretty much do whatever he wanted. Yoongi liked that freedom that he had gotten so accustomed to it came as a rude shock that he was gonna have a roommate soon. Some dude from the States named Park Jimin.

He was more than sad because he was so used to having the entire room to himself he didn’t wanna give up but he had no choice as all the dorms were full and Yoongi had to accept this new freshman. Yoongi had decided he would keep his distance though because he was still petty over the fact that this boy was the reason he wouldn’t have the dorm to himself. And he hoped the boy wasn’t too loud or obnoxious because he wouldn’t be able to stand him.

The first day that Yoongi finally got to see Jimin was almost at midnight when he knocked at the door and Yoongi opened to see tear stains all over the boy’s face. And he felt bad because it was his first day and he was probably just missing his family and he looked visibly drunk. Yoongi didn’t say anything and let him when he heard the boy letting out a yelp. He had managed to cut himself on the door handle and was pretty adamant that he was perfectly fine but Yoongi could see the blood and with an internal sigh he thought it was better if he covered it to avoid any infections, so he did and the drunken boy soon fell asleep.

The next day the boy somehow convinced Yoongi to go to dinner with him and they ended up in Yoongi’s favorite jjajangmyeon restaurant and the boy mostly kept quiet as he ate his noodles and insisted on paying but there was no way that Yoongi was letting someone younger than him pay for their first meal together. On their way back home he managed to fell down and maybe he just really was clumsy Yoongi thought smiling inwardly at the silly boy.

They had fried chicken the next time and Jimin paid and this time Yoongi let him just to make the boy happy and then he made a shy request to wake him up at 7.

And yesterday Jimin actually stayed up when Yoongi was a little late from the bar and that really made his heart skip a beat because he really didn’t have a lot of people worrying about him and there was this boy, his roommate whom he barely knew for a week who stayed up just because he was waiting for Yoongi to get home and Yoongi made him ramyeon because he wanted to thank Jimin in a subtle way and also because the boy really needed to eat something that didn’t come out of a restaurant and to his shock he let slip that he worked at a bar and offered to take him there the next day.

Yoongi rarely told anyone where he worked except for some close friends but he told Jimin out of all people and Jimin was overjoyed at the thought of seeing Yoongi’s ‘lit’ rap (his words not Yoongi’s) and they went and Yoongi was the slightest bit shy to perform in front of Jimin but was more than happy when Jimin had said he loved it like he was secretly seeking Jimin’s approval and they drank martinis which Yoongi really regretted because he was clearly a lightweight and demanded McDonald's in a slurred voice which Yoongi had found highly amusing which led to this moment and Jimin had already thrown up thrice but he was thankfully sleeping soundly now.

Yoongi was still taken aback about how concerned he was for the other boy because it usually takes him more than just a week to become close and there was patting Jimin as he puked down the toilet. Yoongi came to the conclusion it was simply because Jimin was really likable. He was nice, seemed friendly and so respectful. And he had a really great smile (Yoongi wasn’t sure if he liked Jimin because of this). He wasn’t too loud or too talkative and he kept the place clean. Basically, he never caused any trouble for Yoongi to even dislike him in the slightest and Yoongi liked to think that’s why he had grown so affectionate towards the boy.

Yoongi yawned a little. He was feeling too sleepy as he looked towards Jimin who still was sleeping. Yoongi made a mental note to buy chicken soup from the store before he slept.

 

 

Jimin was woken up by the sound of his ringtone. Groaning he picked it up already mad at whoever decided it was okay to interrupt his deep sleep.

“Hello,”

“Hello,” he heard a female voice. It was his mother.

“Mom?”

“Yeah, I thought you were at classes so you wouldn’t pick up,”

“I was sleeping,” Jimin mumbled.

“Sleeping? Shouldn’t you be studying?”

“I am sick,”

“Sick, oh my god what happened?”

“Mom…”

She cut over Jimin.

“I told you that you should have learned some cooking but you never do listen to me,” she said. “You got sick from eating out too much,”

“M…,”

“You better learn when you still can,”

“I have a fever,” Jimin quickly lied.

“Fever? Is it too cold there?”

“No, it’s just fine,”

“Oh honey I wish I was there to take care of you,”

“It's fine mom, I am fine,”

“Yeah honey but…,”

“Mom, I am sleepy can I call you later?”

“Yeah sure honey,”

Jimin hung up clutching his head in an attempt to ease the dull throb that he felt in his head. He wanted to smack himself for being so ing stupid the previous night. Alcohol and Park Jimin do not mix. He wasn’t gonna ever drink again he promised himself as he sat up because there was no way he could fall asleep now. He checked his phone it was 12:00 pm and he could feel his stomach rumbling but his clothes smelt and he felt filthy and the first thing he needed was a shower.

Jimin stepped in and stood under the mildly scalding hot water. It was so relaxing as he felt his headache almost subside. He spent almost an hour in the shower until when the hot water started becoming cold. He stepped out and wore a pair of fresh T-shirt along with shorts and towel dried his hair too tired to even style it. The rumbling stomach stayed and ordering something wasn’t the wisest thing to do after puking the night before so Jimin stayed fixed on the spot hungry but too tired to move and get something. Only at times like this did Jimin feel like he was better off learning to cook.

As if an answer to his prayers there was a knock and it was Taehyung.

“Hey Jimin,” he said. “You didn’t show up to class today?”

“I was sick,”

“What happened?” Taehyung asked his voice sounding concerned as he made his way inside Jimin’s dorm.

“I went out with Yoongi and we had some drinks...,”

“Oh,”

“I was throwing up so much but I feel fine now,”

“Have you eaten anything?”

“Uh no…,”

“That’s bad,” Taehyung said. “I’ll make you something”

“No please Taehyung,” Jimin said. “I don’t feel hungry”

“Jimin please,”

“You have classes to attend…”

“No, we got off earlier today,” Taehyung said.

“Taehyung….,”

“You’re sick Jimin,” Taehyung said. “This is the least I can do for you”

Jimin decided not to protest.

“I’ll make some seaweed soup,” Taehyung said. “I’ll go to the store and get some stuff”

Jimin nodded biting his lips already feeling guilty as hell but he knew Taehyung was pretty adamant and there was no changing his mind.

He checked his phone and there was a text from Namjoon asking him why he hadn’t shown up to class today.

‘Sick,’ Jimin typed and hit send.

There was a reply in a few seconds.

‘Oh no L’

‘It’s fine. I am okay now’

‘Are you sure?”

‘Yeah J’

‘If you need any help with anything you can tell me’

‘Sure’

‘Oh, by the way, Jungkook was asking about you’

‘About me?’

‘Yeah, he wanted to know where you were but I told him I had no idea myself’

‘Oh okay’

‘I have class now. Catch you later. Rest well and take care yourself’

‘Yeah thanks’

Jimin kept his phone besides the table happy that Namjoon was concerned enough to check up on him. He still wasn’t able to believe that he had managed to make so many friends this soon. Making friends back home was too much for Jimin because nobody wanted to talk to that nerdy chinky eyed guy.

As for Jeon Jungkook Jimin wasn’t able what to think of him just yet especially after what had happened between them the last time they were together and how Jimin had stupidly let slip that he had his first kiss with Jungkook but the most surprising part was how the cocky and smirking Jungkook had turned into a different person and had actually bothered to apologize for something that Jimin had never expected him to do and that little kiss on the cheek? What was Jimin supposed to make of that? He touched his cheek reliving the moment and how soft his lips were on Jimin’s cheek and how amazing did he smell and how Jimin thought he liked the kiss and how much better Jungkook wasn’t his cocky condescending self and actually cared. It was like seeing a completely different person. Maybe under all that Jungkook really was nice and maybe Jimin could be friends with him. He would like to he thought when he heard Taehyung had returned.

“I am back,” he grinned.

Jimin smiled back as Taehyung rolled up his sleeves and began working humming a song as he did it.

“You have a good voice,” Jimin said.

“Aw thank you,” he grinned. “I like singing but mostl

Please log in to read the full chapter