Chapter 5

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jimin was hungry and yet he was sat on his bed waiting for Yoongi to show up so they could go out and get dinner together. Jimin hated to admit it but he really liked the company of his roommate when they ate together.

They didn’t talk much really and just ate most of the time but Jimin loved Yoongi’s company.

But when it was almost 11 pm and there was no sign of his roommate Jimin was worried. He knew his roommate usually came late because he worked but never this late. He almost had the temptation to call him but then realized that they had never exchanged numbers with each other.

Jimin knew he should sleep because he had classes that he would rather not be late to. But he didn’t. He was too hungry and too worried to do so. Worried about Yoongi to be specific. A thousand unpleasant scenarios about Yoongi ran through his mind making him shudder. He was being irrational he knew. Yoongi might be overworking for the night or he might just be out with some friends. But then again Jimin always was a little on the paranoid side.

Jimin got distracted when he heard the click of the door and there was Yoongi looking visibly tired as he came in closing the door.

“Yoongi,” Jimin said.

“Oh hi,” Yoongi said smiling faintly. “Why are you still awake?”

“Nothing,” Jimin said. “I just couldn’t sleep”

“You should,” Yoongi said. “Don’t you have classes?”

“Um yeah,” Jimin said. “Why are you so late, though?”

“Work,” Yoongi said scratching his head.

“Oh,” Jimin said. “Have you eaten?”

“No, and I am guessing you didn’t either,”

“No,” Jimin said. “Should we get something?”

“We eat out too much, don’t you think?”

“Uh yeah,” Jimin said. He had no choice because he didn’t know to cook for .

“It’s all right,” Yoongi said. “I’ll make some ramyeon”

“No, Yoongi you don’t have to,” Jimin said.

“It’s all right Jimin,”

Yoongi got up and set up a pot of water to boil before he changed into his a pair of T-shirt and shorts.

He began cooking and Jimin felt guilty that he had Yoongi cooking for him.

Yoongi returned a few minutes later with two plates and a steaming pot of noodles.

“Thank you so much,” Jimin said.

“It’s no problem,” Yoongi smiled.

Jimin began eating and it was so delicious Jimin could cry.

“Do you like it?”

“Yeah, I love it,”

Yoongi grinned.

“Hey Yoongi,” Jimin said. “Where do you work?”

“At a bar,” Yoongi said. “That’s why I am late”

“Oh,” Jimin said. “What do you do there?”

Yoongi chuckled.

“I perform there,”

“You’re a singer?” Jimin asked.

“A rapper,”

“Whoa for real?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi said. “I am kind of like an underground rapper”

“That’s so cool,”

Yoongi laughed.

“I’d love to hear you rap,” Jimin said.

“You can come to the bar with me then?”

“You’re inviting me to the bar?” Jimin said.

“Yeah I mean if you want to then yes,” Yoongi said.

“That sounds great, I’d love to,”

“How about tomorrow then?” Yoongi asked.

“Yeah I can come tomorrow,”

“Okay we can have a few drinks and you can see me rap,”

“Sounds like a plan,” Jimin smiled making Yoongi chuckle.

“You should go to sleep now,” Yoongi said. “It’s late already”

“Yeah,” Jimin said. “But first I will do the dishes”

“I’ll do them it’s…,”

“You made dinner. It’s only fair I do the dishes,” Jimin said taking them.

“Well, thank you Jimin,”

Jimin just smiled as he got up to do the dishes while Yoongi cleaned up..

When Jimin was done it was already 12:30 and he could feel his eyelids drooping.

“Good night Yoongi,”

“Night Jimin,” Yoongi said as he turned off the lights and they both fell asleep almost immediately.

***

Jimin found himself almost dozing off in the middle of his Calculus class as he had very little sleep the previous night.

Besides him was Namjoon as attentive as ever, taking notes and listening and of course, there was Jeon Jungkook who had a stream of comments for Jimin that were just loud enough for him to hear.

“Someone’s a little sleepy today,”

“Leave me alone,” Jimin said. “I am really not in the mood”

“But I am,”

“Just shut up,”

“You have bags under your eyes,” Jungkook said. “What were you doing last night?”

“Nothing,”

“Come on you should tell me,”

“ off,”

“It hurts me when you say those mean words you know?”

“Like I care,”

“There is a party today, wanna drop by?”

“No thanks,”

“Damn, then how am I ever gonna kiss you again,”

“You won’t ever,” Jimin said glaring at Jungkook.

Jungkook smirked.

“It will happen very soon,” Jungkook said.

When Jimin kept glaring a lazy smile grew across Jungkook’s face. Jimin wished he could punch him right there and then and wipe that smirk off of his face.

“Mr. Park,” he heard a voice. “Is there something that you find more interesting to talk about with Mr. Jeon? Would you like to share?”

It was his professor and Jimin’s face flushed as he hated being pulled in the center like this.

“Uh no,” Jimin said. “I’m sorry”

He kept his head down and for whatever reason, even Jungkook didn’t say anything for the rest of the class and Jimin was very grateful for it.

When class was over Jungkook left giving Jimin a wink and a goodbye making Jimin roll his eyes at Jungkook who just cracked a smile before leaving the room.

“So why did the professor call you out like that?” Namjoon asked.

“Oh, It was nothing,” Jimin said. “Jungkook was just asking me something”

“About?”

“The concepts were not clear for him,” Jimin said. “And I thought I might help him out”

“Oh,”

“Yeah,”

Namjoon and Jimin left their class with not much time on their hand as both of them had more classes to attend.

Jimin said goodbye to Namjoon making way to his other class and out of all people there could possibly be in his class, it was Jeon Jungkook smiling at him with the only empty seat in the entire class.

Jimin cursed his fate, Jeon Jungkook, the University and everything else he could possibly think off before sitting next to Jungkook.

“Aah Jiminie,” Jungkook said. “What a pleasure to see you”

“What the are you doing here?”

“I am attending class,”

“You weren’t here all these days,” Jimin said.

“I might have switched my timings,”

“Why would they let you do that?” Jimin asked outraged.

“Maybe because I am cute,”

Jimin scoffed making a mental note to make sure he would be the first one to show up to class so that he could avoid Jeon Jungkook at all costs.

“Jiminie,”

Jimin ignored Jungkook tapping his foot wishing that his teacher would show up and make Jungkook shut up for a brief period of time.

“Jiminie,”

“Just shut up”

“Why do you have to play so hard to get?” Jungkook said.

“I am not,”

“And how do you think its okay to walk around in those jeans like that,” Jungkook said. “It’s frankly very distracting to me”

Back in America, Jimin had people flirt with him or even compliment him. But it was done in a shy and subtle way. He never had someone say things to him the way Jungkook did. Comment on the curve of his with a straight face and Jimin loathed the effect that those words had on him as he felt a slight blush creep on his face.

“Someone’s blushing,”

“I am not,” Jimin lied but he

Please log in to read the full chapter