Chapter 17

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

JIMIN

 

 

Jimin stacked the books one over the other absent-mindedly when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

He turned around looking at a smiling Seokjin.

Jimin’s heart sank as he smiled back.

“Why are you putting Sherlock Holmes in the romance section Jiminie?” Seokjin asked with a chuckle.

“I uh...I didn’t realize,” Jimin said as he grabbed the book and put into the crime section.

“It’s all right,” Seokjin smiled. “Anyway, shift’s over let’s head home yeah,”

Jimin nodded as he finished putting away the remainder of the books while Seokjin waited for him. When he was done they left the bookstore.

“I’m starving,” Seokjin said. “Let’s get something to eat”

“I am not hungry,” Jimin lied.

“Oh, it’s all right,” Seokjin said.

For some time neither of them say anything.

“Hey, my roommate is out somewhere today...do you wanna hang out in my dorm?” Seokjin asked his expression bright.

“I um...I wanna study tonight...,” Jimin said. “I’m sorry”

“Oh,” Seokjin’s expression fell. “It’s fine”

Jimin gave him a tiny smile and they said nothing for a while until they finally reached their dorms.

Seokjin tried to lean in to kiss Jimin but Jimin stopped him by placing a hand on Seokjin’s chest.

“Good night, Seokjin,” Jimin said. “I’ll see you tomorrow”

Seokjin just nodded.

“Night,”

Jimin felt incredibly guilty as he walked to his own room. He knew what he was doing wasn’t right especially after the way he led Seokjin into believing that something could actually happen between them when in fact Jimin didn’t even know if he felt anything more than friendly feelings towards Seokjin.

After breaking up with Hoseok Jimin wanted nothing to move on from Hoseok because he missed Hoseok so much and he was already laden with guilt over what happened with Seokjin blaming himself for what Hoseok did. Maybe that’s why Jimin gave in when Seokjin made a move. So he could feel a little less guilty while using Seokjin as a crutch, a distraction from Hoseok.

But it didn’t last long of course and Jimin knew any day now Seokjin was going to want to move to a new level with a relationship something Jimin knew he couldn’t give to Seokjin if he even tried. He didn’t want to commit to anyone after all.

It was all a huge mess and it was all again Jimin’s fault if only he hadn’t used Seokjin as a rebound he wouldn’t have had to deal with everything that was happening. Jimin finally reached his room and knocked on the door twice.

“Jimin,” Yoongi said as he opened the door and he looked especially cute his hair a mess his eyelids droopy.

“Were you sleeping?” Jimin asked as he got inside closing the door behind him.

“Mm,” Yoongi yawned. “I was studying and then I fell asleep midway”

“Oh,” Jimin said as he sat down on the bed.

“Did your shift end early today?”

“Uh, no I just wanted to get home early,” Jimin said as he stood up. “Do we have cup noodles?”

“Yeah,” Yoongi answered.

Jimin heaved a sigh of relief as he put some water to boil before he went ahead and changed out of his clothes into a comfortable T-shirt and pajama pants.

“You okay,” Yoongi asked as Jimin poured the hot water into his cup noodles.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Jimin said.

“Are you sure?” Yoongi asked.

“Yeah, it’s just stress from exams and stuff,” Jimin lied. “Nothing serious you know”

“Okay,”

Jimin finished eating his noodles and Yoongi went back to studying until Jimin decided to sleep.

“I guess I should sleep too then,” Yoongi said as he closed his book. “Good night Jimin”

“Night,” Jimin said as Yoongi switched off the light.

“Hey Yoongi,” Jimin called out a few minutes later.

“Yeah,”

Jimin hadn’t even expected Yoongi to answer.

“Can I tell you something?” Jimin said.

“Of course,”

“I don’t think...I don’t think I like Seokjin anymore...not like romantically I mean...,”

“Oh,”

“What do you think I should do?”

“I think you should tell him the truth, it's better you tell him before things are out of your control...,” Yoongi said. “And you end up hurting him even though you don’t want to”

“Yeah,” Jimin said. “You’re right”

There’s silence again.

“Do you think it’s wrong of me to not like him anymore?” Jimin asked. “I feel like I used him”

“I think you are allowed to feel the way you want about someone and if you feel like you are not compatible with Seokjin or anyone else,” Yoongi said. “You don’t have to feel guilty of backing out of a relationship because you think you used someone...feelings change Jimin and you don’t have to feel guilty about it”

Jimin didn’t say anything.

“What matters is you are happy,” Yoongi said. “Okay?”

“Yeah,” Jimin said. “Thank you again”

“Mm,” Yoongi said. “Go to sleep now”

“Yeah,”

Jimin closed his eyes. His mind finally felt a little at peace. What Yoongi said was right because Jimin didn’t intentionally ever meant to lead Seokjin into thinking that he wanted to be in a relationship with Seokjin and it was finally time to let Seokjin know that.

 

 

JUNGKOOK

 

Even though Jungkook had accepted the dare it was going to be a lot harder to actually do it. Of course, Jungkook didn’t want to admit it that there really weren’t many ways left to woo Jimin.

The boy loathed Jungkook’s existence. He didn’t even want to be around Jungkook in class and there was no way Jimin would even agree to hang out with Jungkook outside of class. And if they weren’t meeting each other outside of a classroom setting there really was no way Jungkook could make a move on Jimin.

It was a true dilemma.

Jungkook sighed racking his brains so that there was some way he could try to get closer to Jimin without making it too obvious because Jimin wasn’t like the other girls who were so easy to woo. Jimin was difficult, tricky but that made him only more interesting and pursuable.

Suddenly Jungkook was struck with the perfect idea. He smiled to himself. There was no way he could go wrong with this. He had struck a gold mine.

Jungkook stood up from his bench and walked to the infamous bookstore just a little off campus.

The store was empty except an old woman, the owner at the register.

“Hi,” Jungkook said.

“Hello,” the woman greeted.

“I wanted to inquire if there is an opening in this bookstore,” Jungkook said acting completely oblivious to the huge ‘WE ARE HIRING’ sign in front of the store.

“Oh, yes, we could definitely use more help,” the woman said. “We have two kids already working here”

“Oh,” Jungkook said. “That’s good”

“Yes,” the woman said. “So, do you wish to apply?”

“Of course,” Jungkook said. “I have been looking for a place to work for two weeks now”

“You just need to fill this form,” the woman said. “And present identification”

“All right,” Jungkook said as he took the form filling it up almost giddy with excitement because how easy everything had suddenly become.

Now, Jungkook had a perfectly valid reason to be close to Jimin and he could also keep an eye on Seokjin. Two birds with one stone.

Jungkook handed the woman his application.

“Okay, all right,” she said.

“When can I start?” Jungkook asked eagerly.

“You can start tomorrow,”

“Can I start today if it’s okay with you?”

“Uh, yes, if you wish to,”

Jungkook grinned.

“Thank you,” he said.

The woman babbled on about some rules, working hours and the pay while Jungkook only half listened. He was okay with the pay and sacrificing his evenings when he could be playing some Overwatch or hooking up with some girl.

It was all worth it for Park Jimin.

 

 

JIMIN

 

 

“Hey Jiminie,” Seokjin said as he slid next to Jimin’s empty seat while he was talking to Namjoon in the cafeteria about Calculus.

“Hey,” Jimin replied unenthusiastically.

“Hi,” Seokjin and Namjoo

Please log in to read the full chapter