Chapter 21

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

JIMIN

 

When Jimin woke up the next day it isn’t on his wobbly bed but on a different bed altogether.

And Taehyung was beside him hands wrapped around Jimin’s waist sleeping soundly.

Jimin was confused for a whole minute before he recollected the events from the night before.

Jimin sat up immediately and in the process also woke up Taehyung who stirred a little yawning as he slowly opened his eyes.

“Jimin,” he said, his voice hoarse.

“Taehyung,” Jimin put on a fake smile.

Taehyung sat up as well as he reached for his phone.

“It's 7 am,” he said. “It's quite early”

“I uh I need to get ready for class,” Jimin said.

“Oh,” Taehyung said. “Is Yoongi back yet?”

“I um I don’t know,” Jimin said. “I better go check”

Taehyung nodded as Jimin got up from the bed. His head was hurting quite a lot.

“Thanks for letting me stay here,” Jimin said.

“It's nothing,” Taehyung assured him.

Jimin smiled as he left the room and went to his own. He was glad to see that the door wasn’t locked which meant Yoongi had returned.

Jimin knocked on the door five times before Yoongi finally opened the door.

Yoongi was dressed only in a pair of shorts and a towel covering the upper part of his body, his hair wet.

“I'm sorry I was in the shower,” he said.

“It's all right,” Jimin said.

“Where were you all night?” Yoongi asked.

“I uh I didn’t have the keys with me,” Jimin said. “So I spent the night with Taehyung”

“What?” Yoongi exclaimed out loud. “You could have called me for the keys”

“It’s fine Yoongi,” Jimin assured him. “I should have kept the spare keys with me”

“I am sorry,” Yoongi said.

“It’s not even your fault,” Jimin said. “You don’t have to apologize”

Yoongi didn’t say anything as Jimin went to shower. He stood underneath the shower scrubbing quickly feeling the semi-hot water flowing down his body. Jimin wiped himself before stepping out.

“I am making oatmeal,” Yoongi said. “Would you like some?”

Jimin just nodded as he dried his hair with the blow dryer before changing into a pair of T-shirt and jeans. Yoongi came with two bowls of oatmeal with little cut banana pieces on top.

“Thank you,” Jimin smiled at him.

Yoongi smiled back as he sat down on his bed eating the breakfast and so did Jimin not saying anything.

Jimin tried to eat quickly he was already quite late for class.

“You okay Jimin?” he heard Yoongi’s voice.

Jimin snapped out of his trance looking at Yoongi blinking twice.

“Yeah,”

“Are you sure?” Yoongi asked. “You seem to be out of it”

“I am okay,” Jimin said making it sound as convincing as he could. Yoongi just nodded. Jimin scraped the bowl of all the oatmeal feeling satiated. He washed the bowl before packing his bag ready to leave.

“I am going to class,” Jimin said. “See you later”

“Have a good day Jimin,” Yoongi smiled.

“You too,” Jimin said as he left.

Jimin had still the lingering headache though it felt much better than it did when he had just woken up as he walked to his class already ten minutes late. If it were some other day Jimin would have been running but today he is leisurely walking.

When he gets to the class, it’s already started and Jimin watches the Professor give him a distasteful expression as he walks to his usual seat. There is no sign of Namjoon, however, Jeon Jungkook is there giving an all-knowing smile to Jimin.

“I almost thought you wouldn’t make it to class today,” he said.

Jimin ignored him taking his book out and jotting down notes instead.

“You know you trying to ignore me never works out,” Jungkook said. “You like me too much to not pay attention to me”

Jimin still kept writing.

“Your eyes are red,” Jungkook said. “Wild night I guess”

Jimin told himself to stay calm. It was not worth it...

“Was it Hoseok? Was it Seokjin or was it both of them?” Jungkook asked in a sleazy voice.

“Shut the up,” Jimin said through gritted teeth.

“See, I was right about you ignoring me not working out,” Jungkook said with a smile.

Jimin decided it was definitely not worth it.

“Why isn’t your nerd friend here today?”

“It’s Namjoon,” Jimin said. “And I don’t know”

“He is sitting there at the back,”

Jimin looked behind to see Namjoon sat alone on the last seat. He was confused as to why Namjoon had suddenly decided to switch seats.

“Young man,” Jimin heard a voice. “What in the back interests you more?”

Jimin looked to see the Professor was now looking at him so he looked down at his book instead.

Jungkook was just as annoying the rest of the class, he almost never shut up and Jimin tuned out most of the stuff Jungkook was saying about his or his legs or whatever he could find...

When the class finally ended Jimin was eager to talk to Namjoon. Namjoon was walking down from the other side of the row of benches earphones in.

“Namjoon,” Jimin called out.

Namjoon didn’t seem to hear him as he walked fast leaving the class. Jimin walked behind trying to catch up to Namjoon’s speedy walking without looking like a complete weirdo in a crowded hallway.

“Namjoon,” he called out again louder this time.

Namjoon turned around the corner of the hallway. Jimin stopped sighing. Why was Namjoon was behaving so weirdly? Switching seats and then running away almost as soon as class ended. Was Namjoon avoiding him? No, Jimin told himself he probably was just in a hurry to get to his other class.

That still didn’t stop Jimin from worrying about Namjoon for the rest of the day and hoping that he would run into the other.

But Namjoon was nowhere to be seen for the rest of the day until classes ended.

Jimin thought he should text Namjoon just in case.

Jimin: ‘Hey, missed you in class today. You seemed in a hurry everything ok?’

Jungkook was already there and shot a smile towards Jimin as soon as he came. Jimin didn’t return the smile back as he went in the back and changed into his uniform. Yet, there was no sign of Seokjin.

Each time the doors of the bookstore opened Jimin would look up hoping to see Seokjin. But he wasn’t there.

“Looking for someone?” Jimin heard Jungkook’s voice.

“Why do you care?” Jimin shot back.

“Hey, I’m just asking a question,” Jungkook said. “Since you seem on the edge”

Jimin ignored him organizing the books. The door opened again, the familiar jingle of bells echoing. Jimin looked up to see a pair of father and daughter enter the store.

“Well, it’s not Seokjin again,” Jungkook said.

Jimin glared at Jungkook before walking away under the pretence of helping the customers as Jungkook followed.

“You must be wondering where Seokjin is right,” he said.

Jimin didn’t say anything.

“He quit,” Jungkook said.

Jimin stopped turning around.

“What?” Jimin said.

Jungkook just nodded.

“Why?”

Jungkook shrugged.

“Don’t know,” he said. “I heard it from the owner”

Jimin didn’t say anything.

“Damn, we are really gonna have a hard time wiping all these shelves with no help,” Jungkook said.

 

 

NAMJOON

 

 

“Really, that is your foolproof plan?” Jackson said as they walked in the campus together.

“Yeah, it is,” Namjoon answered.

Jackson sighed loudly.

“I still don’t understand what good can come from you ignoring Jimin,” Jackson said.

“It’s good for me,” Namjoon explained. “I know I have no chance with him...the more I stay away from him the better it is for me and for him as well”

“Sometimes I don’t understand how you got a full scholarship to this place,” Jackson said. “You are so incredibly stupid”

“The point is,” Namjoon paused. “I want to forget him”

“Oh,”

“And for that, if I have to avoid seeing him then I am ready,”

Jackson nodded crossing his hands in front of his chest.

“If only it were that easy to forget your feelings Kim Namjoon,” he said. “The world would be a lot easier”

Namjoon didn’t say anything.

“Or you know you could just try to confess for a change,” Jackson said. “See how Jimin reacts”

“Well, he has a boyfriend or boyfriends I’m not quite sure,” Namjoon said. “I am sure the thought of me mustn’t cross his mind at all”

“Well, aren’t you a Mr Know It All,”

Namjoon sighed as he returned to reading his notes.

“But you are wrong,” Jackson said. “You said he called out for you twice today”

“Well, he probably needed help with some concept,” Namjoon shrugged.

“Are you accusing Jimin of using you?”

“No, I’m not...,” Namjoon trailed off as he took out his phone so that Jackson would hopefully stop talking.

He had a text from Jimin.

“Did Jimin text you?” Jackson said.

“Huh, I uh how do you know?”

“I could see it on your face,” Jackson said. “Anyway, what did he say?”

“He missed me in class and asked if I’m okay because I was in a hurry,” Namjoon said readi

Please log in to read the full chapter