Chapter 16

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

An update after over 4 months...I hope you guys haven't forgotten this fic lol.
I am very sorry for such a long delay. It's not acceptable but I had hit a horrible writer's block with this fic and that really messed up the fic and hence the long absence. Again I'm very sorry and hopefully, in the future, there won't be such long delays in updates.
Thank you for your patience! <3

 

 

 

JIMIN

 

 

Jimin woke up the next day to the sound of a loud alarm ringing through his ears followed by a groan from Seokjin whose arm reached over Jimin’s body to grab his phone before he turned his alarm off.

Jimin yawned rubbing his eyes as he looked over at Seokjin through sleepy eyes.

“What time is it?” he mumbled.

“6 am,”

“What?” Jimin asked shocked. “That’s so early”

“Yeah,” Seokjin said sitting up running his hands through his hair. “Time for my morning jog”

“You jog?” Jimin asked shocked.

“Yeah,” Seokjin said reaching for Jimin’s hair and pushing it back.

“Your hair looks so cute all messed up,” he said with a smile.

“Why would you jog so early in the morning?” Jimin asked.

“My first class of the day is at 8 pm most of the times,” Seokjin said as he got off the bed. “When else am I supposed to exercise?”

Jimin groaned curling up on his side.

“Would you like to come with me?” Seokjin asked.

“No, thank you,” Jimin said. “I quite enjoy my sleep”

“Come on just this once,” Seokjin said. “I promise it will be fun”

Jimin thought about it before shaking his head no.

“Please Jimin,” Seokjin said. “I bet you will enjoy it”

Jimin sighed.

“Fine,” he mumbled his voice heavy.

“Great,” Seokjin said. “Now up”

Jimin sat up still huddled in his sheets his eyes heavy with sleep.

Seokjin snatched the sheets away grabbing Jimin by the wrist.

“Come on Jiminie,” he said. “You can do this”

Jimin was on his feet now the floor too cold.

“I am only wearing shorts,” he said. “It’s too cold”

“It’s okay,” Seokjin smiled. “You can borrow something from me”

With that Seokjin left his side and went to his closet. He took out a pair of tracksuit.

“Here you go,” he said.

Jimin sighed realizing there was no turning back from this one and he put them on. When they were ready Seokjin locked the door and they left for their jog.

Jimin could hardly keep up with Seokjin’s supposed ‘jogging’. It was straight up fast-paced running. Jimin huffed and puffed with each step he took every joint his body desperately asking him to stop.

Seokjin stopped for a second looking back at Jimin who had stopped to catch his breath.

“Come on old man,” he said. “Is that all you have got?”

Listening to that Jimin stood up running to catch up with Seokjin who loudly laughed and began running between the few old people who were on their morning walks.

Jimin managed to catch on with Seokjin but he was struggling to even breathe as he sat down on a bench.

“Not bad huh,”

“Thanks,”

“Wasn’t it fun?”

“Well, I will feel fresh and good and whatever,” Jimin said between breaths. “But I am never doing this again”

Seokjin laughed.

They sat there for a few minutes just resting.

“Wanna get some coffee?” Seokjin asked.

Coffee sounded like the best ing thing in the world right now thought Jimin.

“Sure,”

They made their way to the coffee shop around the campus. Jimin and Seokjin walked to the counter which was empty except someone sitting with a hoodie on.

“Two lattes please,” Seokjin said.

Seokjin paid for the coffees because of course, Jimin forgot to carry money and Seokjin always insisted on paying anyway.

As they waited for the coffees Jimin heard a wolf whistle coming right from next to him.

Jimin looked to see Jeon Jungkook sitting there with a hoodie a playful smirk on his face.

“Loverboys on a morning coffee date I see,” he said. “How cute”

Jimin glared at Jungkook.

“Jiminie, how can you have an attitude this early in the morning?” Jungkook asked.

“Just like you are an even this early in the morning,”

“Ah your mean words hurt me you know Jiminie,” Jungkook said clutching his heart dramatically.

Jimin felt Seokjin’s hand on his wrist.

“Jeon, why don’t you mind your own business for once for a change?” Seokjin asked.

“I am just striking a polite conversation here,” Jungkook said. “And you are basically telling me to off...where are your manners guys?”

“Why don’t you just shut up for once in your life Jungkook?” Seokjin asked.

“Jiminie, teach your boyfriend some manners, will you?” Jungkook asked with a smile.

“He is not my...,” Jimin paused midway as he felt Seokjin’s hand slip away from his.

Jimin saw Jungkook’s mouth turn into a smirk.

“Awkward,” he said barely holding his laugh.

Just then the barista came with their drinks and Jimin grabbed his making his way to the exit and Seokjin followed suit.

“See, you in class Jiminie,” Jimin heard Jungkook’s loud voice as he left the coffee shop. Jimin was walking fast almost avoiding Seokjin when he felt Seokjin’s hand grab his wrist.

“Jimin, stop,”

Jimin stopped turning around looking at Seokjin not knowing what to say.

“Why were you avoiding me?” Seokjin asked.

“I...I was not...,”

“It seemed like you wanted to get away from me,”

“I didn’t feel like...facing...you,” Jimin said not meeting Seokjin’s eyes.

Seokjin tucked up Jimin’s chin.

“It’s okay Jimin,” he said. “I know...how you feel...I mean you just got out of a relationship it must be hard”

Jimin didn’t reply.

“You don’t have to rush in anything with me,”

Jimin nodded as Seokjin smiled before he gently pressed his lips to Jimin’s but Jimin pulled away soon.

“I...should get going back...to my dorm,” he said. “I’ll see you later okay?”

Seokjin nodded.

“Bye Jimin,”

With that Jimin left Seokjin’s side his minds still wrapped in so many thoughts at once.

 

 

 

 

SEOKJIN

 

Seokjin looked into the mirror sighing. There was complete silence except for the sound of water running freely from the open tap. Seokjin put his hands under the water before splashing the water on his face and looked at his distorted reflection in the mirror. His mind was in a somewhat similar state.

Seokjin didn’t know what to make of his and Jimin’s relationship especially with the number of mixed signals.

One minute Jimin would hold hands with him, make out with him and the next minute there was no response from Jimin and it almost was like Jimin didn’t even want anything to do with Seokjin let alone be with him.

Seokjin hates how Jungkook was a personal witness to the disaster that happened in the morning. That boy didn’t even bother to hide how much he relished the fact that Jimin didn’t consider Seokjin his boyfriend.

Then, what exactly were they?

Was Seokjin somewhere in the grey zone between friendship and relationship that everyone talked about, ‘the friend zone’ they liked to call it? Was Jimin even interested at all in him or it was just a ploy to keep Seokjin engaged so Jimin could fall back on him everytime something with his other relationships went wrong. Was Jimin using him?

Seokjin sighed realizing how stupid most of these thoughts were. Jimin wasn’t like that. He wouldn’t do that to anyone let alone Seokjin who has been there with Jimin. Seokjin knew it’s only because Jimin is nervous and still somehow attached to Hoseok. He could understand that and he was willing to be patient for as long as it needed.

But he wasn’t the only one that wanted to be with Jimin.

There was big lurking menace named Jeon Jungkook that would stoop to anything to try to win over Jimin. Seokjin wouldn’t anyth

Please log in to read the full chapter