Chapter 18

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

JIMIN

 

 

Jimin didn't know why but he was crying. Hot tears that were leaking from his eyes as he walked to his dorms. Everything ended in a complete disaster just like before and yet again it was all his fault. At least that is what Jimin felt like.

All he wanted was Seokjin to know that Jimin wasn't looking for a relationship and Seokjin was nice about the whole thing.

But of course, Seokjin just had to walk in when he was kissing Jungkook out of all people he could be kissing.

Jimin hated how Jungkook always found a way around him, how easily he could have Jimin wrapped around his finger. And each time Jimin gave in just as easily.

And now his friendship with Seokjin was in ruins all because Jimin couldn't resist himself in front of Jungkook. Jimin didn't know who he hated more, himself? Jungkook? Or his goddamn fate?

Jimin finally reached the dorm and made a hasty attempt to wipe his tears before knocking on the door his head hung low.

Yoongi opened the door a few seconds later.

"Hey...Jimin...," he said enthusiastically but his voice faded away as he took a look at Jimin's face when Jimin got inside.

"Jimin...what happened?" Yoongi asked.

"N...nothing," Jimin said as he took his bag off and sat down on the bed.

"Jimin, don't lie to me," Yoongi raised his voice. "Tell me what happened"

"I told...you...it's nothing," Jimin said.

"Did someone do something to you Jimin?" Yoongi asked gently his hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"N...no...,"

"Then, what is it Jimin?" Yoongi asked. "Why are you crying?"

"B...because I ed up," Jimin said.

"What do you mean?"

"I ed up," Jimin said. "I ruined my friendship with Seokjin"

"What happened?"

"I told Seokjin about what I felt and he was accepting about it," Jimin said. "He told me he understood me"

Yoongi nodded.

"Then, today Jungkook started working at the bookstore," Jimin continued.

"Jungkook?"

Jimin sighed a little.

"Jungkook and I...we share some classes together and... history," Jimin said.

"What kind of history?" Yoongi asked.

"The first day I came to Seoul...Jungkook kissed me over a dare," Jimin said. "And then we kissed again at a party a few days later"

"Oh,"

"I knew that when he came to work at the bookstore Jungkook would try to stir me up...he is like that," Jimin said. "So I decided to stay away from him"

"And?"

"When the shift ended Jungkook cornered me...and we...kissed...again"

Jimin felt ashamed narrating his encounters with Jungkook. It felt like he was revealing his dirty secrets to Yoongi who must surely be judging Jimin's promiscuous lifestyle full of hookups. But Yoongi's expression remained completely neutral.

"Then?"

"Seokjin saw us,"

"Oh,"

"And...now he is convinced I lied to him just to be with someone else"

"Wow'"

"I tried to tell him that I wasn't lying but Seokjin just wouldn't listen," Jimin said with a sigh.

Yoongi just nodded.

"I think...I think I just lost a friend," Jimin said.

Jimin could feel tears well up again in his eyes.

"Hey...don't cry now," Yoongi said placing a hand on Jimin's shoulder.

"I'm sorry I just...," Jimin said. "Seokjin and I bonded well and now he thinks I'm some kind of liar"

"It's not your fault," Yoongi said quietly.

"How could you say that?" Jimin asked. "It is my fault"

Yoongi sighed a little.

"You don't owe anyone anything Jimin, you do realize that?" Yoongi asked.

Jimin didn't say anything.

Yoongi continued.

"What happened was not great but you don't have to feel guilty about Seokjin you kissing someone else,"

"But...," Jimin began.

Yoongi cut him off.

"You told Seokjin you didn't want to be with him and you said he respected your decision right?"

Jimin nodded a little.

"You two were never official...and you finished whatever you both did have," Yoongi said. "I understand your friend might have thought that you lied to him and that hurt him but...that is not your fault Jimin...it is a little misunderstanding"

Jimin stayed silent.

"My point is don't blame yourself for whatever happened today okay?" Yoongi said.

"Yeah,"

"Not everything that happens is always your fault," Yoongi said. "Sometimes things just...happen"

"But Seokjin..."

"Your friend will come around eventually," Yoongi said. "He might just need some time"

Jimin nodded when suddenly Yoongi hugged him. It was particularly strange because his roommate never initiated any kind of physical contact before. Jimin never pegged Yoongi to be the kind of guy who would just go around and give people hugs. Maybe that's how rough Jimin looked if Yoongi thought he needed a hug.

When they stopped Yoongi smiled at Jimin.

"Do you think vanilla ice cream can fix the frown on your face?"

Jimin couldn't help but chuckle a little.

"I'll get you that ice cream," Yoongi said standing up.

"No...you don't have to go the store this late...," Jimin said.

"We have ice cream in the fridge," Yoongi said going to the fridge and taking out a cup.

"You don't like ice cream,"

"But you do," Yoongi said. "And there was a really nice deal on them...so I got them"

Jimin took the cup smiling at Yoongi.

"You're the best Yoongi," Jimin said. "Thank you"

Yoongi just smiled back.

 

 

YOONGI

 

 

Jimin had fallen asleep finally after finishing his ice cream while they talked about some other things so Jimin could possibly take his mind off of everything that happened.

Jimin had seemed a lot more upbeat after eating ice cream while Yoongi told him about how a guy in class recognized Yoongi as Agust D and how Yoongi had to lie to the guy. Jimin was laughing as Yoongi described everything that happened and it made Yoongi very happy to see Jimin smile once again because he hated when his roommate was down. Yoongi found himself relying on Jimin's cheery attitude more than he realized.

Jimin had slept in his clothes from the day and he was sprawled across the tiny bed his shallow snores filling the silence of the room.With the position Jimin is sleeping in he will surely wake up to a twisted neck.

Yoongi got up from his spot and carefully made Jimin lie down properly. Jimin stirred a little but fell back asleep immediately. Yoongi grabbed the blanket and put it over him and his hands instinctively reached to push back Jimin's hair.

Yoongi smiled a little looking. at Jimin's peacefully sleeping face. Sometimes, Yoongi worried about Jimin. He was too nice, a bit naive at times and too oblivious to the way people around him perceived him. He was worried that someone would take advantage of his innocence. Yoongi didn't want that to happen. He wished he could protect Jimin in some way. Obviously, the guys that Jimin chose to be with were never great.

Yoongi didn't like Hoseok. The boy was too persistent. Seokjin, on the other hand, seemed to think that he had some innate right over Jimin. Yoongi could only l

Please log in to read the full chapter