Chapter 19

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

JIMIN

 

 

Jimin looked around the sparse interior of the coffee shop. There was something quite homely about it the scent of freshly brewed coffee wafting through the air. Jimin’s hands were wrapped around a warm cup of coffee.

“So,” he heard Hoseok’s voice. “How have you been?”

Hoseok was looking directly at Jimin while stirring sugar into his own coffee, the sound of the small spoon clinking against the clay cup served as a background noise for the absolute silence. There was barely anyone at the coffee shop. Hoseok had said that’s why he liked coming to this particular place because nobody really knew about it. Hose somehow looked different, skinnier than before a bandage on his nose which Jimin wondered where it came from but despite all that he looked just as gorgeous as he did before

Jimin opened his mouth in an attempt to answer the question but no words came out. Hoseok picked up the coffee and took a sip of it not breaking eye contact even once.

“I've been...okay,” Jimin finally answered. “I guess”

Hoseok nodded only a little setting the cup down.

“What about you?” Jimin asked.

“Huh,”

“How have you been?” Jimin asked.

Hoseok laughed, it was more of a light-hearted chuckle but there was something different about in a way that it didn’t sound like Hoseok was actually laughing.

He finally stopped a few seconds later taking another sip of his coffee.

“I've been okay too,” he finally answered. “If you can even call it that”

Jimin knew what he was talking about. He knew from Hoseok’s face the amount of hurt that he must have gone through in the past few weeks but Jimin stayed silent not knowing what to say.

In fact, Jimin didn’t even know what exactly could come out of them meeting each other like that.

Except for how much he really did miss Hoseok.

It was hard to admit at first even to himself that Jimin missed Hoseok’s presence especially when Seokjin was around but when Jimin was alone at night Hoseok haunted his thoughts.

To simply put it, Jimin missed Hoseok really ing lot.

And suddenly they had found themselves in this lone coffee shop with its brown decor and the strong smell of coffee, servers covered in tattoos all because Hoseok had asked him to meet him in the morning and Jimin just could not have said no.

For some time neither of them said anything content in just drinking their coffee while Jimin looked around. A tiny bell attached to the door would ring each time someone entered or left the coffee shop.

“Jimin,”

Jimin looked from the dark brown door to Hoseok who had his forehead created his lips drawn into a straight line.

“Yeah,”

“Jimin...today when I said I miss you I really did mean it,” Hoseok said. “I miss you a lot”

Jimin’s heart started beating faster but his mouth felt dry as if he suddenly didn’t know how to speak but the way Hoseok was looking at him so intensely Jimin knew that he wanted to hear something have Jimin admit to it even though that would mean Jimin had given into his weakness.

“I...I miss you too,” Jimin said.

It was as if a wave of relief had washed over Hoseok. He did not break into a smile but Jimin could see it how it made Hoseok feel much better that Jimin was not over him as well.

Jimin went back to sipping his coffee. It was bitter no matter how many sugar packets Jimin had used. His hand was on the table clenched into a fist when Hoseok held it lightly caressing his fingers and Jimin slowly relaxed his hand as Hoseok held it drawing little circles on his palm.

It was innocent enough but it spoke enough for them.

Both of their coffee cups were now completely empty and there was no more any reason for them to bother staying in the coffee shop but neither of them moved.

When Jimin finally moved his hand from under Hoseok’s he took his hand back under the table his other hand twirling the cup.

“So,” Jimin began.

“Yeah,” Hoseok said and he stood up immediately as if he had somehow read Jimin's mind.

Jimin stood up too. That was it, then. Jimin didn’t know what to make of it much except that nothing came out of it. It just made things even more complicated than before.

Suddenly, Hoseok hugged Jimin taking him by surprise his head bend down and buried to the side of Jimin’s neck. Jimin closed his eyes just hugging him back the scent of Hoseok’s cologne filling in his nose, a scent that he had missed more than he had even realized.

When they stopped hugging each other they noticed one of the servers who had come to collect their empty cups looking at them. She shot a smile at them.

Jimin smiled back at her before he followed Hoseok and they left the coffee shop.

“So I'll uh see you...,”

“Later,” Jimin finished for Hoseok and for the first time a smile broke out on Hoseok’s face. Jimin smiled back.

“Later then,”

Jimin nodded as they parted ways. Maybe their meeting wasn’t as inconclusive as he had thought it to be.

 

SEOKJIN

 

Seokjin was mopping the floor absent-mindedly while being distracted by the door every other second.

There was no sign of Jimin even though it had been at least over 20 minutes since their shift had started. Even Jungkook had strolled in 5 minutes late yet there was no sign of Jimin anywhere.

Seokjin found himself worrying about Jimin if he was even okay. Last night was the last time Seokjin had seen him and he didn’t even have any idea about his whereabouts after that.

Did Jimin not show up because he didn’t want to face Seokjin? Was he that harsh on Jimin? Seokjin hoped that wasn’t the case because he never wanted to be the reason to cause any kind of distress to Jimin.

“Where’s your lover boy?” he heard Jungkook’s voice. “Oh, sorry I mean your ex-lover boy”

“ off Jungkook,”

“How did it feel when you saw me kissing Jimin?” Jungkook asked as he leaned against the bookshelf.

Seokjin knew Jungkook lived off attention and if Seokjin didn’t give him any he would be sure to leave.

“Answer me Jinnie,”

“What the do you want from me?” Seokjin asked.

“Hmm let me think about it,” Jungkook said pretending to think. “Jimin...oh sorry I don’t think he belongs to you anymore”

Seokjin felt his grip getting tighter around the mop.

“He doesn’t belong to you either,” Seokjin said.

“Are you sure about that?” Jungkook asked.

Seokjin didn’t answer Jungkook.

“And if it weren’t true you know one-day Jimin is going to give in to me,” Jungkook said. “One day he will be mine”

Seokjin had enough and he moved shoving Jungkook away who laughed when the door to the bookstore flew open and there was Jimin his hair all messed up as he stood holding the door handle in an attempt to catch his breath.

And just like that Seokjin felt whatever anger he had towards Jimin melting away. Because he realized he could never be mad at him. It was more of how sad he was that Jimin would lie to him because Seokjin loved him too much.

Seokjin saw him apologize to the owner before he made his way inside and stopped dead into his tracks after seeing Seokjin and immediately looked down daring not to even meet eyes with him as he scurried off and Seokjin almost wanted to stop Jimin right there. Jungkook on the other side was still watching and he could barely

Please log in to read the full chapter