Chapter 20

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

JIMIN

 

Hoseok was kissing Jimin.

It wasn’t the tame kind he was so used it was desperate, as Hoseok tugged on Jimin's shirt. Jimin let Hoseok explore his tongue. He had missed all of it so much.

Jimin's hands were wrapped around Hoseok’s neck deepening their kiss.

Hoseok smiled into the kiss as his tongue explored Jimin's mouth. Jimin couldn’t help but let a low moan escape his mouth.

“Hoseok...,” Jimin spoke in between their kisses.

“Mmhm,”

“Work...I'm getting late,”

Hoseok stopped and nodded kissing Jimin’s cheek swiftly.

“I’ll see you tonight then?”

“Uh, yeah, of course,” Jimin said.

Hoseok smiled before kissing Jimin again.

Jimin could barely hold the smile back as he opened the door of the bathroom stall peering to see if anyone was there.

It was completely empty so Jimin stepped out.

“Bye,” he said to Hoseok a glum feeling in his chest.

“Bye,”

With that, Jimin left the bathroom practically rushing to work. He didn’t want to be late again after yesterday.

When Jimin reached work he was actually five minutes earlier than his reporting time. The owner wasn’t there either except for Seokjin who was arranging books on the shelves.

As soon as Jimin stepped in Seokjin looked at him. Their eyes met for a brief second but Jimin looked away immediately.

“Jimin,” Seokjin called out to him

Jimin stopped in his tracks.

“Yeah,” he said slowly.

“I miss you,”

Seokjin's voice sounded low and soft and on the edge.

Jimin's mouth felt dry he couldn’t muster up any words to respond as Seokjin looked at him expectantly.

When Jimin finally spoke his own voice sounded different and hoarse to him.

“I miss you too,”

It was true. Jimin missed Seokjin, his presence, the easter of how easily conversation flowed between them, how Seokjin understood him so well. Jimin missed everything about Seokjin's friendship.

Seokjin suddenly walked to him hugging him and Jimin could only hug him back.

“I hate not talking to you,” Seokjin said against Jimin's ear.

“Me too,”

Jimin was the first one to pull back from the hug and he could feel Seokjin's hands on his face.

Jimin reached towards his hand removing it. He looked down, guilt once again filling him.

When he did look at Seokjin there was hurt written all over the other's face.

“So, is it true then?” he asked.

“What is?” Jimin asked knowing full well what Seokjin was asking him about.

“You are seeing Hoseok again?”

Jimin couldn’t answer.

“Why?” Seokjin asked his voice sounding strangled.

Again, Jimin stayed silent.

“After all that happened,” Seokjin asked. “Why would you go back to him?”

“Seokjin I...,”

“Jimin, I don’t understand what exactly do you want,” Seokjin asked. “I thought you didn’t want to be with anyone”

“It's nothing like that...,”

“You know what...never mind Jimin,” Seokjin said. “Just don’t come to me crying the minute Hoseok breaks your heart”

Jimin couldn’t understand why Seokjin was behaving like this, cold, his words full of venom.

“Why would you say that?” Jimin asked.

“You know it's true,” Seokjin said.

Jimin didn’t say anything.

“Just...just forget we ever had this conversation”

Seokjin walked off leaving Jimin on almost the verge of tears, confused by everything that Seokjin had said when he noticed Jungkook standing by the door.

“So, it's really true after all,” Jungkook said. “You are seeing Jung again”

Jimin couldn’t take any of it this anymore.

 

 

TAEHYUNG

 

 

Taehyung scanned the surroundings around him. The restaurant was crawling with people, most of them lovers, holding up food for each other to eat, talking in hushed voices, sharing loving gazes across the table. All of it reminded Taehyung too much of a certain one.  

He wanted to leave, he would of it were up to him. But, there was no way of escape as he had been dragged without his will by Baekhyun.

“Tae, you need to get out more,” Baekhyun had said. “You’re always either sad or studying”

What, Baekhyun had said was true but Taehyung liked it that way. Studying could be distracting from everything but Taehyung could only go over his notes for so many times before he stopped. All of the remaining time was reserved specially and only for moping over Jimin.

It was stupid, Taehyung knew it better than anyone else. But that didn’t change just how much Taehyung wanted Jimin.

But Taehyung wasn’t brave to come to term about his feelings with Jimin. Besides, Jimin already had so many guys after him. Taehyung couldn’t blame them. Jimin had his way creeping into your heart and before you even realize it it's too late.

“Taehyung,” he heard a voice and Baekhyun snapped his fingers in front of Taehyung’s eyes.

Taehyung blinked twice.

“Y...yeah,”

“I asked if you want spicy stew or not,”

“Uh, get it,” Taehyung answered absent-mindedly.

Baekhyun just nodded going back to the menu and Taehyung went back to observing his surroundings when he saw Jimin enter the restaurant.

Taehyung’s heart started beating rapidly the way it always did when he found himself in Jimin’s vicinity.

But, Jimin wasn’t alone.

He was with Hoseok hands interlocked with each other.

Taehyung wanted to look away but he found himself staring intently at them enough for Jimin to take notice whose face broke out into a smile as he came towards the table waving while Hoseok trailed behind him.

“Taehyung,” Jimin said his voice enthusiastic.

“Jimin,” Taehyung smiled.

“Where have you been?” Jimin asked.

“Just busy with studying and stuff,” Taehyung said scratching his forehead.

“Oh,”

“Hey Jimin,” Baekhyun said.

“Oh, hi,” Jimin smiled at him.

“Since you’re here,” Baekhyun said. “Why don't you join us?”

Taehyung looked at Baekhyun horrified at what he was suggesting but Baekhyun had his eyes only on Jimin, a sweet smile on his face.

“Uh yeah,” Jimin said. “Sure”

“Great,” Baekhyun said standing and pulling two spare chairs. Jimin and Hoseok sat down. Jimin was smiling while Hoseok had a sour expression on his face. Taehyung could sense that they have managed to ruin a potential date night.

“What would you guys like to order?” Baekhyun asked pushing the menu towards them.

“Hoseok?” Jimin said looking at him.

“I uh, get anything you want,”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah,” Hoseok responded bluntly.

There was an air of awkwardness between them. Taehyung looked at Baekhyun raising his eyebrows who only smiled with a shrug.

“I’ll get noodles then,”

Hoseok nodded.

“Waiter,” Baekhyun called out.

The waiter came by and took their orders all while Hoseok looked distracted playing with the salt and pepper shakers on the table. Jimin seemed to be in deep thought and Taehyung could barely find anything to talk about.

“Uh, hello are we at a funeral?” Baekhyun said. “Why does everyone look so sad?”

Jimin’s face broke out into a small smile.

“That’s much better,” Baekhyun said.

Taehyung didn’t know what exactly Baekhyun thought he could get out of them having them all together all this but he seemed to be quite enjoying the awkward exchange of words between him and Jimin.

“How’s Seoul been?” Baekhyun asked.

“Quite good,” Jimin answered.

“Good,” Baekhyun said.

There was a pause and Taehyung watched Jimin twiddling his thumbs.

“Date night?” Baekhyun asked.

“Huh,”

“Are you on a date tonight?” Baekhyun asked a smile on his face.

Jimin’s eyes widened as he looked at Hoseok for a brief second before shaking his head no.

“Uh, it’s nothing like that,” Jimin answered.

“It’s just,” he trailed off. “We wanted to get dinner together”

“Oh, all right,”

Taehyung watched Hoseok’s expression going from bored to a rage one. He couldn’t understand the dynamic of their relationship.

“Oh, great the food’s here,” Baekhyun said.

They began eating while Baekhyun and Jimin talked some more and Baekhyun tried to engage Taehyung into the conversation. Hoseok, on the other hand just ate silently.

Halfway through the dinner Jimin reached for the stew and ended up spilling some of the hot stew on his hand.

“,” he hissed under his breath.

Both Hoseok and Taehyung immediately reached for tissues but Taehyung was quicker grabbing hold of his hand and wiping it.

“Does it hurt?” Taehyung asked concerned.

Jimin shook his head no.

“Not much, its fine,” Jimin said taking his hand away.

Taehyung nodded when he noticed Hoseok looking at him his hands around a crumpled piece of tissue.

Taehyung looked away. He couldn’t wait for the dinner to finish.

When it finally ended Taehyung was strangely grateful to be away from Hoseok’s piercing gaze on him.

“Dessert,” Baekhyun said. “We should get dessert”

Taehyung cut him off.

“It’s quite late,” he said. “We already ate enough...maybe some other time”

Baekhyun frowned and nodded and called for the waiter to get them the bill and insisted on paying for everything.

“Thank you so much for dinner Baekhyun,” Jimin said with a sweet smile.

“Thank you,” Hoseok said his voice gruff.

“It’s nothing guys,” Baekhyun said. “I hope we can get together again sometime”

“Uh, yeah, sure,” Jimin said as he stood up.

“By the way, nice meeting you Hoseok,” Baekhyun said holding his hand out.

Hoseok put up a fake smile as they shook hands before he took hold of Jimin’s hand and they got ready to leave.

“See you Tae,” Jimin said waving at

Please log in to read the full chapter