Chapter 4

Everyone Loves Park Jimin
Please log in to read the full chapter

Namjoon has his phone in his hand as he stared at the screen his thumb hovering over a particular name.

The name being ‘Jimin’.

Now Namjoon never was particularly good with anything that was even close to the ‘flirting’ department.

This wasn’t flirting, he reminded himself. He was bored and all he wanted was to talk to someone.

He could talk to his roommate Jackson who was on the bed scrolling through his phone.

But Namjoon wanted to talk to someone special. Someone named Jimin.

He was being stupid, he knew.

All he had to do was type ‘Hi’ and send it and then patiently wait for a reply.

But he was nervous.

Namjoon never was an expert when it came to talking to girls or boys especially when it had to do with him trying to impress them.

He remembered his first crush back in 6th grade and how much he adored the girl. After a whole year of fighting through his feelings, he finally mustered up the courage to go talk to the girl.

He was all set with a rose and chocolates hiding behind his back as he approached her while she was with her friends.

‘I…,” Namjoon stuttered.

“What?”

“I…,”

The girl raised her eyebrows.

“I…,”

“Can’t you speak?” her friend asked.

Namjoon shook his head no and then looked down before ing the chocolates and the rose into her hand.

He then looked at her,

“I like you,” he said his heart thumping so loud he was positive they heard it too.

There was complete utter silence for 5 seconds.

And they started laughing, loudly.

Namjoon whose face grew red didn’t stand long to hear them running to the toilet where he washed his face to stop crying.

By the time he came back the news that Namjoon had proposed to someone had spread like wildfire and everybody from every class knew.

They jeered and taunted him for the whole last week of school until school ended for the summer.

Thankfully his dad had a transfer so their family had to move which meant that Namjoon never had to face the girl or anyone from his previous school after that.

After that little incident, Namjoon decided it was best if he kept quiet if he ever happened to catch feelings for someone.

Sure it hurt but it was definitely not worth to go through rejection.

And now there was Jimin a guy Namjoon had met just two days ago.

He had stood out to Namjoon the moment they had bumped in with his bright orange hair and the way he nervously stuttered while asking Namjoon to help him find his dorm.

Namjoon, of course, found him cute and helped him. Just after that when he didn’t think their paths could possibly cross again he showed up to Namjoon’s Calculus class.

He looked just as cute and even asked for Namjoon’s number. Namjoon liked him. And he wanted to talk to Jimin, get to know him better.

But of course, Namjoon was nervous, the fear of rejection looming through his mind.

He led out a loud sigh still staring at the screen.

“You’ve been staring at the screen for the past 15 minutes,” Jackson said.

“Um…I was reading something,”

“You are lying,”

“I am not,”

Jackson scoffed.

“I know you well,” Jackson said. “There is something that is bothering you and you are not telling me what is”

“It’s nothing,” Namjoon sighed.

“You forehead was all creased while you were staring at the screen,” Jackson said. “You are worried”

“I was reading the news,”

“You never read the news,”

“I have found a new interest,” Namjoon said.

Jackson stood up and then suddenly tackled Namjoon getting hold of his phone.

“You might be smarter but I am stronger,” Jackson said.

“Give it back to me,”

“Who is Jimin?” Jackson said. “Your new crush”

“It’s no one,” Namjoon said.

“At least tell me who she is?”

“He is a boy,”

“Very interesting,” Jackson said. “Didn’t know you swung both ways”

“It’s nothing like that,”

“Sure,” Jackson said. “You are a bad liar”

“Fine,” Namjoon said. “I wanted to text him”

“About?”

“Nothing just wanted to say ‘Hi’,”

“So do it,”

“I don’t know how to,”

“Do I have to teach you how to type?”

“It’s not that it’s just…”

Jackson sighed.

“All you have to do is say ‘Hi’”

“Yeah,”

“I already did it for you,” Jackson said tossing the phone to Namjoon.

“Jackson, why would you do that?” Namjoon yelled.

“I thought you wanted to talk to him,”

Namjoon’s phone made a sound.

“Oh my god he texted back,” Namjoon said. “What do I do now?”

“Text back Jesus,”

Namjoon opened his phone and there was a text from Jimin saying ‘Hey’

“What do I say to him?”

“Ask him how he is?” Jackson suggested.

Namjoon nodded hesitantly typing and pressing send.

“He is just a boy,” Jackson said. “It really is no big deal”

“I know,” Namjoon sighed. “I was just scared that he doesn’t want to talk to me”

Namjoon’s phone pinged twice.

“Well seems he like he does want to talk you,” Jackson said.

Namjoon smiled a little.

“You know you give of this hot nerd image,” Jackson said. “People really dig that”

“I don’t,”

“If I were gay I would totally date you,”

“Shut up,”

Jackson laughed.

“Also I really wanna meet this Jimin guy,”

“Why?”

“You like him,” Jackson said. “That is enough reason”

“I don’t like him,”

“You really are a bad liar,” Jackson said before returning his attention back to his phone.

***

“Hey Jimin,” Jimin heard as he was making his way to his class.

It was Seokjin.

“Oh hi Seokjin,”

“I really wanted to apologize,”

“About?”

“I basically abandoned you at the party,”

“Oh that it’s fine,”

“No, it’s not,” Seokjin said. “But I had no choice. My friend had a car accident and I had to leave”

“Oh my god,” Jimin said. “Is he okay?”

“Yeah, he is,” Seokjin said. “But I am sorry I left you there all alone”

“I had Hoseok,”

“Who got you drunk,” Seokjin said. “He said you cried and left”

“It wasn’t his fault,” Jimin said.

“It doesn’t matter, you were unsafe walking in those streets that late drunk and it was because of me,” Seokjin said in a guilty voice.

“Seokjin I-…”

“You could have gotten hurt,”

“But I didn’t,”

“I still feel guilty,” Seokjin said. “I want to make it up to you”

“Seokjin it’s…”

“How about I take you out for coffee after class?”

“Um…”

“You wouldn’t mind, would you?”

“Uh no,”

“Okay then, I’ll text you,” Seokjin said. “Give me your number”

Jimin and Seokjin exchanged numbers.

“Bye,”

“Bye,” Jimin said as he walked to his Calculus class. He was 10 minutes early which meant he could choose where he wanted to sit and he made his way over to Namjoon who was bent over a book.

“Good morning,” Jimin said.

“Morning,” Namjoon smiled as he closed his book. “So you made it on time huh?”

“Yes I did,” Jimin grinned.

He looked around the class and the class and there was no sign of Jeon Jungkook. Jimin heaved a sigh of relief returning his attention back to Namjoon.

Soon people started coming in as Jimin and Namjoon talked about their classes.

“Jimin,” Jimin heard a singsong voice.

It was Jeon Jungkook.

“So nice to see you again,” he said as he sat down right next to Jimin and winked.

“Why are you sitting here?”

“Because I want to study duh,”

“Oh sure,”

“Calculus is fun,” Jungkook said. “I just love calculus so much don’t you Jimin?”

Before Jimin could even reply the professor came in and Jimin thought it was better to not feed Jungkook with more attention that he hopes to gain from Jimin.

Instead, he listened to the professor talk which frankly wasn’t very interesting as well.

Namjoon on Jimin’s side seemed to be completely engrossed biting at the end of his pencil as he attentively listened.

For some reason, Jimin found it extremely attractive. He admittedly always had a thing for people in glasses-specifically guys. And even more so Namjoon who was just exceptionally attractive in every way possibly with his dimples and his blonde hair.

Jimin who didn’t realize he was staring until Namjoon raised his eyebrows.

Jimin shook his head flushed that he had suddenly been caught staring at Namjoon stared at his book instead of pretending he was doing some reading.

He looked up again sitting straighter when he heard Jungkook whisper.

“Holy ,” Jungkook said. “You need to wear eyeliner more”

“Shut up,” Jimin said rolling his eyes.

“I would have appreciated a ‘thank you’ more,”

Jimin rolled his eyes.

“The parties are so empty without you, when are you gonna come?”

“Never,”

“Damn,” Jungkook said. “They never are gonna be fun without you”

“Like I care,” Jimin said. “And shut up for god’s sake some of us want to study”

“Oops,” Jungkook said and thankfully kept quiet until the end of the lecture.

He didn’t say anything and quietly left the class.

Namjoon and Jimin left the class and since Namjoon had a class he left immediately leaving Jimin who had a free period.

Jimin was sitting on one of the

Please log in to read the full chapter