Chapter 6

The Possession

A/N: This GIF DESTROYS me. *sobs*


Hoseok woke up to screaming. He groaned as he stood up, a headache pounding his head like a hammer to a nail. He looked around before grabbing his cell phone using it to make it to the door. He opened it a crack hearing voices.

He then saw Jimin kicking Taehyung to the ground. The other boy had his head covered.

“Why were you sleeping with me ?!”

“I’m sorry, it got hot!” Taehyung cried.

Hoseok snorted. What an excuse, but knowing Taehyung it was probably true.

“That doesn’t answer my question!”

“We were drunk!”

“We…” Jimin paused. “Did we…”

Hoseok’s eyes widened and he held his breath for the answer.

“No!”

Hoseok peeked his head out even more, seeing Taehyung stand up and tower over Jimin as if angry.

“You made it perfectly clear I’ll always be the friend.”

“What?”

What indeed ? Hoseok thought. He didn’t know Taehyung liked Jimin. Sure they kissed and hugged and flirted, but Taehyung did that with everyone, even his professors, probably.

He must have confessed and been denied, Hoseok concluded.

“I wish you luck with Yoongi.”

Hoseok jumped at the sound of Yoongi. Wait what?

“Tae…” Jimin’s voice went quiet and Hoseok strained to hear it.

“It’s fine.”

“Tae, no I…”

Taehyung walked down the stairs with a sigh and Jimin made a noise of annoyance before going back to the room.

Hoseok stunned, closed the door, making his way back to his bed. His mind was buzzing with all the new information he had received. He couldn’t even begin to formulate a complete sentence.

His crawling back to bed woke Namjoon.

“What’s up?”

“Nothing, nothing.” He replied laying down and covering himself.

So, did Taehyung like Jimin?

Did Jimin like Yoongi?

Why did he say Yoongi?

Did Yoongi know?

How do I feel? Hoseok wondered. How did he feel about Yoongi and Jimin?

He found he couldn’t decipher it.

He still didn’t know what he felt for Yoongi. He knew the man was cute in a angry, small man way. He knew Yoongi wasn’t one to show emotions a lot, so he appreciated when he did reveal them to him.

He also knew Yoongi had let him sleep in his bed when he was feeling scared, and if that didn’t make him an angel, he didn’t know what did.

But…was that enough to warrant an attraction, not only that but jealousy towards Jimin’s crush?

Hoseok shrugged to himself, who knew?

He certainly didn’t.


He made his way to the living room in the afternoon, after his dance practice. He was sweaty and exhausted, but someone had beat him to the shower so he would wait in the living room watching mindless TV.  As he passed the basement door he saw it was open.

Who would leave it open?

As long as they had lived in the house, no one had really gone down there.

Hoseok wouldn’t be caught dead there, especially after what Taehyung had said. He wasn't a particularly gullible person and he didn't believe everything he was told, but best believe he trusted Taehyung when it came to supernatural sightings. The boy was a little strange and strange people tended to be the most appealing for spirits and ghosts and whatever else was creeping in the shadows at night.  

He strained to see what was down below when he heard voices.

The spirits!

Were they talking to him now?

No way!

He wasn’t about to mess with them, they could play with Taehyung, but not him!

He aimed to close the door when two figures came up the stairs. It was Jin and Taehyung looking proud of themselves.

“Hey Hoseok.” Jin called cheerily, too cheerily Hoseok thought, for someone who came up a creepy spirit filled basement.

“Hey you guys scared me.” He admitted then caught sight of a bottle in Taehyung’s hand. “Is that holy water?”

Taehyung quickly placed it in his sweater pocket.

“No…” Jin said, unsure.

Jin was such a bad liar. Hoseok could see right through him with his shaky hands and nervous eyes.

“It’s a water bottle with a cross on it.”

“It’s just water.” Taehyung smiled. “Look.” He pulled it out and attempted to drink it when Jin yanked it away.

“I know about the spirits hyung.” Hoseok said flatly.

Jin hid the bottle behind his back then sighed. “Okay, look we’re just trying to be careful.” He quickly summarized what Taehyung had been hearing and Jungkook’s nightmares and sleepwalking. “But don’t tell Namjoon or anyone else for that matter about what we just did.” Jin finished with a warning.

“We don’t want anyone panicking.” Taehyung added.

“Okay fine.” Hoseok nodded. He wouldn't tell anyone.


 

But of course Hoseok told Yoongi. He entered Yoongi and Jin’s room without knocking, knowing Yoongi wouldn’t bother to answer.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” Yoongi lifted his head up from his bed and offered a small smile.

Hoseok took a seat on his bed, surprised when Yoongi pulled him in under the covers.

“I didn’t know you liked sleeping with me so much.” The boy’s voice was so gruff and raspy from sleep. Hoseok secretly liked it.

“I don’t.”

Yoongi chuckled in a low voice somewhere on Hoseok’s back and it made him shiver. He then felt the man’s arms wrap around his sides.

“You’re such a spider monkey!” Hoseok laughed as Yoongi burrowed his head on his back.

His hyung could be so affectionate at times, it was shocking. He didn’t bother to pull away, instead savored the moment. It wouldn't be long until Yoongi changed his mind and kicked him out. 

They lay peacefully for a few heartbeats until Yoongi raised his head. “Hoseok.”

“Hm?”

“You came here for something?”

Hoseok sighed. He had, but he figured he would rather cuddle with the older boy then dive into his irrational fears.

“I’m scared of this house.”

“Why?”

Hoseok had expected laughter, he turned and saw Yoongi was looking at him seriously. He turned over completely, nose to nose with him.

“Well…Jin and Tae were blessing the basement earlier.”

Yoongi laughed. He threw his head back and everything. Hoseok frowned.

So much for being understanding.

“I’m serious!” He asserted. “Taehyung hears spirits there!”

“Taehyung’s an oddball.”

“I guess you’re right.” Hoseok nodded. He couldn’t deny Taehyung was always quick to think of strange ideas, just the other day he had gone into a rant about what his dog name would be if he lived in a dog dimension, that he had traveled into from a black hole. “The whispering could have been the pipes or something.”

“Whispering?”

“Yeah, apparently it’s a bunch of female spirits. Taehyung told Jin they gossip a lot about us.” Hoseok smiled. Trust Taehyung to know things like that.

“Oh.” Yoongi seemed serious now, the laughter in his eyes vanished.

“You okay?” Hoseok asked.“You suddenly went serious.”

He didn’t like when Yoongi was quick to open up then quick again to close. He wish the boy could stay open just a little longer.

“I just remembered I have a paper due.” Yoongi replied.

Hoseok wondered whether to believe him, but he knew it was better to just go along with it. Pressing Yoongi would only lead to more resistance.

“Better get started then.” He smiled.

“Yeah.” Yoongi agreed, pulling away.

Hoseok got up and nodded goodbye, before making his way to the door.

“Hey.” Yoongi called him back. “Don’t worry about the spirits so much. Taehyung’s… Taehyung . And you know how spooked Jin is all the time. Like you.” He added with a smirk.

Hoseok blushed. “Hey!”

He knew he wasn’t the bravest person and he didn’t care when the others teased, but somehow when Yoongi did it rubbed him the wrong way. He wanted to be braver just to prove him wrong.

Yoongi offered a genuine smile, complete with gums and got up making his way over to Hoseok.

As if seeing a deer up close, he stayed still allowing Yoongi to dominate his space.

The older boy looked up at him and placed a hand on Hoseok’s cheek. “It’s what I like about you.”

“That I’m a baby?”

“That you’re not afraid to be afraid. So many people try to act tough, but inside they’re terrified.”

“Like you?” Hoseok asked, venturing past his boundaries.

He and Yoongi had met last year through Namjoon. However, they had never gotten too close to even be considered friends. Now that they lived in a house together their friendship had started growing.

Hoseok wasn’t sure how deep Yoongi wanted to go, but Hoseok had already showed him his body on accident, didn’t get much more intimate than that.

“I guess.” Yoongi shrugged. “But you’re not like me and I like that.”

“Jimin’s not like you either.” Hoseok said, silently cursing himself. Why had he brought up Jimin?! What was he doing? “Do you like him too?”

“Jimin?” Yoongi seemed as confused as Hoseok felt. “Why are you bringing him up?”

Hoseok wanted to slap himself. Why was he suddenly acting so petty?

Was this what jealousy was?

“It’s not my place to say.” He said quickly. “I got to go.”

“Hoseok.”

No! I’ll crack! Hoseok cried inside. He didn’t want to say what he felt, not now.

“See you later hyung!” He called opening the door.

“Wait.” Yoongi grabbed his wrist. Hoseok noticed how cool his skin felt compared to his.

He glanced at Yoongi’s hand. He noticed how pale and small his hand was compared to his. He noticed how soft Yoongi’s features were, but how stern he wore them.

He noticed Yoongi’s lips, small and pink. They were open.

Why were they open?

“Hyung…” Hoseok all but pleaded. If he stayed any longer he would do something stupid. Something he wasn’t ready to do.

Not like this.

Not with Jimin hanging over them.

“Do you think I like Jimin?”  Yoongi raised his eyebrows.

Hoseok swallowed. What could he say? If he said yes, he was scared what Yoongi would say. If he said no, then he would have to explain why he had brought him up. He didn’t want to be the one to tell him.

Yoongi had to hear it from Jimin himself.

He pulled his wrist away. “Bye hyung.”

Hoseok dashed out the door and down the stairs.

He heard his name but refused to turn around, worried his expression would give something away.


To give him some relief and time to think, he set to work making kimchi fried rice. Once it was done he served himself a bowl and leaned against the counter, eating.

Jimin appeared with a small wave and a timid smile.

“Hey hyung.”

“Hey.”

Hoseok answered back, feeling the guilt wash over him. He knew about Jimin’s crush, and since then it had changed the way he saw the younger man. It changed the way he saw Yoongi too.

“Did you make that?” Jimin pointed to the bowl.

Hoseok nodded through a spoonful.

“Can I have some?”

New guilt emerged and was placed upon the old guilt he had about almost spilling Jimin’s secret crush.

“I was saving the rest for Yoongi hyung…” He began.

“Oh.” Jimin quickly understood. “Okay.”

“But, you can have some!” Hoseok quickly rushed to grab a bowl for Jimin.

“No no.” Jimin pulled him back with a smile. “It’s okay, there’s still leftovers.”

Hoseok was full of guilt as he and Jimin ate across from each other in the kitchen. Jimin had hopped up and sat on the counter, occasionally offering Hoseok a smile, so innocent and sweet Hoseok wanted to cry.

Who was he to stand in the way of the precious boy and his feelings?

As if on cue, Jimin spoke up. “Yoongi hyung must be special to you.”

“Why do you say that?” Hoseok queried. Inside he squirmed, the guilt was overflowing, making him drown in his own emotions.  

“You’re feeding him, sleeping in his bed, and I’ve seen your phone contact too.” Jimin responded with a smile. Hoseok could see beyond it though, see the sadness, the envy in the boy’s eyes.

“Oh...well he’s a good hyung.” Hoseok tried to dismiss him. “I mean, he must be special to you too right?”

“Yeah, but...not like that.” Jimin looked down at his food and suddenly Hoseok’s heart ached for the younger boy. “I’ve seen the way he looks at you hyung.”

“Jimin…”

“He’s nice to me but…” Jimin couldn’t finish he burst into tears instead, covering his head with his hands.

He looked so small in that moment, so pitiful. Hoseok rushed over and pulled his hands away, trying to dry the boy’s tears.

“Jimin…” He cooed, like a mother would console her child, he put his arms around Jimin’s shoulders.

“With you his face just lights up.” Jimin sobbed through Hoseok’s T-shirt.

“Jimin, I don’t want you to hurt.” Hoseok petted his head. “Tell Yoongi hyung how you feel. Who knows what could happen?”

Jimin pulled away and gave him a look of outrage. “Hyung, what are you even saying? You like him, he likes you! I’ll get over it.”

“Jimin.” Hoseok said softly. “You don’t know that for sure.”

“Yes I do!” Jimin chided. “Stop trying to give him up! You should be mad at me!” He pushed the man away and stood up glaring at him. “Hate me, fight me!”

How?

How could he even begin to hate the boy with blotchy cheeks and swollen eyes crying his heart out?

“Don’t be quick to let go hyung.” Jimin sniffed, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. “Hold onto Yoongi hyung, he’s kind and caring and…”

The boy went back to sobbing, prompting Hoseok to start to cry at his sincerity.

“Okay.” Hoseok choked out.

He reached out and embraced Jimin. They cried together until they finally pulled away and their sobs turned to quiet hiccups.

“I’m sorry.” Hoseok blurted out. He felt responsible, maybe if he had known about Jimin’s feelings he could have steered clear of Yoongi, from the beginning. However hard it would have been.

“It’s okay. It’s not your fault.” Jimin, despite it all managed a smile.

“You want to go get some ice cream?”

“No, that’s okay.” Jimin shook his head. “I should probably go talk to someone.”

“Is it Taehyung?” Hoseok risked to ask.

Jimin glanced at him in surprise and Hoseok grit his teeth, did he know now that he had overheard? But then Jimin smiled and nodded. “He’s all I’ve been thinking about right now.”

“Jiminnie!” Hoseok exclaimed with a grin. “You player!”

Jimin laughed and bounded out of the kitchen, his footsteps lighter.

Maybe he was relieved to let go of Yoongi, Hoseok figured. An unrequited love could only go so far.


Hoseok after all of the crying, had become emotionally exhausted. He retreated to his room, laying on his bed and had eventually knocked out until the sound of a thud, made him sit up.

He blinked. Namjoon?

The thudding continued, sounding as if it was against his door. He covered himself with blankets.

Where was Namjoon?

He glanced at the boy’s empty bed and saw a post it note on his pillow.

Went to a rap battle, be back later :P, Namjoon, Hoseok read. He tossed the note aside.

Just great.

It seemed every time he felt in danger, his roommate was conveniently gone. Useless Namjoon , he cursed silently.

He bet he was always there for his precious Jin hyung.

Oh how he’d have something to say tomorrow!

A loud thud, shook him out of his thoughts and reminded him of his fear.

What could be behind that door? He shivered to even think about it.

He went back to bed reaching for his phone as the thuds persisted, growing louder. He quickly dialed the one person that would probably believe him and comfort him.

“Hm?”

“There’s something outside my door.” Hoseok whispered.

“Hoseok I said don’t--”

Hoseok let out a yelp as the thuds grew into loud slamming against his door.

What could be doing that?

It was like it wanted to break in!

“I’m in the kitchen, hold on.”

“Yoongi, be careful.” Hoseok could hear the man’s footsteps and slamming on his door from the phone.

What if it attacked Yoongi?

“Yeah okay.” Yoongi replied.

Hoseok looked at the door seeing the light turn on from the hallway. He then heard Yoongi sigh.

“It’s just Jungkook.”

“Jungkook?” Hoseok, relieved got out of bed and went to open the door.

Was this another case of him sleepwalking?

Jungkook fell forward landing in his doorway and Hoseok in bewilderment bent down to help him.

As soon as he placed a hand on the boy’s back, Jungkook leaped up and threw himself at Hoseok.

Hoseok screamed, despite knowing the younger boy, he was frightened as Jungkook quickly overpowered him and started clawing at him like a vicious animal.

“Hey!” Yoongi shouted, his eyes wild with fear and anger.

He dragged Jungkook with as much force as he could muster. Jungkook kicked and growled seeming predatory as he stared at Hoseok with wide, black eyes.

Yoongi managed to hold him down and shook him violently. The boy’s head lolled side to side before he blinked several times as if waking up.

“Huh?” He looked around then at Yoongi.

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” Yoongi yelled, pushing him away and walking over to Hoseok who was still on the floor, looking frightened.

Jungkook stared at Hoseok who’s face bled from vicious looking scratches that raked his skin. He stared down at his nails that were also caked with blood.

“Hyung…” Jungkook’s expression changed to one of remorse. “I’m so sorry.”

He rushed over as if to help Hoseok up, but Hoseok flinched away clinging to Yoongi’s leg instead.

“Jungkook go to sleep.” Yoongi ordered coldly. He helped Hoseok up and Hoseok kept his head down, avoiding Jungkook’s gaze.

He knew Jungkook wasn’t bad, he was a quiet cute kid, but whatever had possessed him to attack was still flashing in Hoseok’s eyes. It was terrifying to him, knowing a person so close had become so violent in a matter of seconds.

And those eyes, he couldn’t get them out of his mind.

As he made it to the doorway, Jimin and Taehyung along with Jin came out of their rooms.

“What happened?” Jimin gasped as he caught sight of Hoseok’s face.

“Your roommate was sleepwalking again.” Yoongi said crisply.

“What’s wrong with Hoseok?” Jin demanded walking over and peering at Hoseok’s face.

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook who kept his head down. “He attacked?”

Yoongi nodded.

“I didn’t mean...I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” Jungkook said, looking utterly miserable and ashamed.

Hoseok felt a sense of pity at the boy’s slumped shoulders.

“Have you tried rope?” Yoongi turned to Taehyung.

“That’s a little much hyung…” Jimin said.

He glanced at Hoseok.

Hoseok knew Jimin thought Yoongi was overreacting because it was Hoseok who had gotten injured.

He wanted to yell out that it wasn’t true. Yoongi wasn’t biased towards him, he cared about everyone’s safety.

He turned to Yoongi with his tense expression and clenched fists. A small part of him didn’t believe he would get so angry over the others, but he denied it. Sure he would…

“Let’s do it.” Jungkook nodded firmly.

Hoseok gaped. Tying Jungkook to the bed? Was he an animal now?

Jin interrupted before they could go further with the idea. “No, no rope! He’s not a beast.” He put a hand on Jungkook’s shoulder. “You need to figure out what your nightmares mean, this could give us a better idea as to why you’re sleepwalking so much. Should we go see a therapist or something?”

Jungkook shrugged. “Okay, maybe that could help.”

“Alright then.” Jin clapped his shoulder and turned to Taehyung and Jimin. “Keep an eye on him okay?”

They nodded and ushered Jungkook back into their room, Jungkook casting one last sad look at Hoseok. Hoseok managed a smile to tell him it was okay.

Sure he was still a bit wary, but he knew Jungkook hadn’t meant it.

Soon, he was left alone in the hallway with Yoongi. The man stayed at his side, casting him worried glances. It was endearing.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

“You make me worry like crazy.” Yoongi muttered. He then reached up and kissed Hoseok’s cheek where a particular nasty scratch resided.

Hoseok froze, not quite believing this was the same person as before.

Yoongi was an enigma for sure, one minute he was suggesting to tie up a boy and the next he was kissing cheeks with such kindness, it was unbelievable.

“Go to bed.” Hoseok finally spoke after Yoongi had pulled away and gave him a look of complete adoration, a look he probably wouldn’t show with anyone else around.

“I thought you couldn’t sleep alone?” Yoongi’s eyebrows knit together in concern, but Hoseok could see something else in his eyes.

“I can’t, but you don’t exactly seem like you’re going to bed either.” Hoseok said, with a knowing look.

Yoongi chuckled. “You’re right.” He kissed Hoseok’s cheek again. “But not for the reason you think, I got called in tonight.”

“Oh…” Hoseok tried not to seem disappointed, but he was... partially .

It's not that he wanted to sleep with the boy already, but some kisses wouldn't have been so bad.

They still had yet to genuinely kiss, but it was approaching by the way Yoongi grew more and more affectionate.

Soon they would cross that line and go into further unknown territory.

Yoongi must have sensed what Hoseok was thinking because he had pulled away, putting space between them.

“Go sleep with Jin.” Yoongi advised.

“Okay.” Hoseok nodded, but as he left Yoongi called him back.

“Hobi.”

Hoseok turned at the new nickname Jin had originally branded him on accident with.

“Yes?” He smiled.

“I only like you.” Yoongi said, meeting him dead in the eyes. Hoseok shivered at the intensity. Why was he being so frank?

“Jimin’s a flower, but you’re the sun.” Yoongi continued.

Hoseok laughed at the metaphor. “You don’t even go out in the sun.” Much less like it! He added to himself.

“But I’ll go out with you.”

Hoseok laughed harder, he held his stomach, tears in his eyes and Yoongi smiled brighter than he had ever seen.

Damn Min Yoongi and his smooth, greasy lines. Knowing him, he’d probably spent a couple days coming up with it.

“Are you asking me out?” He wiped his eyes.

Yoongi’s smile vanished and his face returned to the neutral expression he commonly wore.

“Take it how you want.” He replied coolly and walked down the stairs.

“Cool, hyung, real manly of you!” Hoseok called after him.


 

He tucked himself into Yoongi’s bed and laid peacefully taking comfort in Yoongi’s scent, but as soon as he had closed his eyes he heard a thud.

Hoseok got up, knowing it had to be Jungkook. How could they have let him get out again so soon?

He opened the door and peered out. “Jungkook?”

There was no one in the hallway. He then heard a thud downstairs. Had Jungkook gone down there?

“Yoongi?” He called nearing the stairs.

Another thud rang.

“Kkanji?” He tried, knowing the cat liked to make a ruckus once inside.

The thudding suddenly sounded as if it was coming up the stairs. Hoseok felt a chill as it grew closer.

“... Namjoon? 

The thuds grew and Hoseok retreated backwards just as up from the stairs emerged Jungkook.

But he was crawling on all fours, a wide grin on his face. His eyes were wide open and staring right at Hoseok as a shudder ran down his spine. Jungkook then raced towards him, looking freakish on his arms and legs. His mouth opened and it formed a crooked grin with sharp teeth.

Hoseok gasped and slammed the door, locking it and running to Jin. He shook the boy awake.

“Hoseok?”

“Jungkook...Jungkook is…” Hoseok shook his head. He couldn’t seem to speak.

His skin prickled and his heart hammered against his chest rapidly. What was that?!

It had looked like Jungkook, but it was on all fours.

And that smile... Hoseok jumped as Jin grabbed his hand.

“He’s sleepwalking again?”

Hoseok nodded. Though he wouldn’t have called that sleepwalking.

Jin got up and Hoseok crawled back into bed, watching him walk out and descend down the stairs.

Hoseok waited for a couple minutes, for Jin to reappear, but he didn’t

Worried, he slowly walked out of the room inspecting the hallway. Once he thought it was safe he made his way down the stairs. He looked in the living room which was also safe from Jungkook’s crawling on all fours. He then made it to the hallway and saw the light was on in the kitchen. Was Jin in there? Was he with Jungkook?

He slowly pressed himself against the wall and slide closer to the doorway of the kitchen.

He heard hushed voices. He leaned forward with curiosity. Was it Jungkook and Jin? Hoseok peered through and saw Jin, but no Jungkook. Instead Jin was being pressed against the counter as he was kissed by Namjoon.

Hoseok covered his mouth as a squawk left it. He quickly pressed against the wall, a million thoughts and questions racing in his mind.

Why were they kissing?

Were they really a thing?

Why hadn’t they said anything?

Where was Jungkook? Was he asleep?

Had Hoseok been dreaming?

I must have been hallucinating. He decided. Jin hadn't found anything and there was no way Jungkook could have left the room so soon after the first incident.

He made it up the stairs and to Yoongi’s bed, suddenly fear was a thing of the past. Now all he could think of was Namjoon and Jin kissing. Not a sight for sore eyes, but a juicy piece of gossip opportunity.


A/N: Thanks to everyone who comment and subscribed.