Chapter 7

The Possession

A/N: Thanks to all those who subscribed and commented and even those who took the time to glance at it. It is all appreciated! Enjoy the chapter! 

P.S. Looks at Namjoon's smile in this GIF, what a precious angel baby!!! <3


Namjoon breathed out as he pulled away from Jin.

He’d never quite felt so strongly for another man before. Yes, he had small crushes on men and women before, even a weird confusing one on Yoongi that he ended up labeling as admiration, but it was never this bad.

Man, he had it bad for Jin. Every time the man was worried, Namjoon wanted nothing more than to hold him, protect him, and kiss him.

Namjoon kissed Jin on the neck earning a soft gasp from the other.

He pulled away with a smile and stared at Jin with his flushed face and pink full lips. “You’re so beautiful, hyung.”

“I know.”

Namjoon laughed. Of course he knew, he probably heard it all the time. He always wondered how a guy like Jin could even begin to like a guy like him.

He wasn’t handsome, he was awkward. Too tall and gangly for his own good. But Jin didn’t seem to notice. He had nothing but warm eyes and kind smiles for him.

Namjoon went in for another kiss and Jin turned his head.

“We should stop.” Jin said.

“Isn’t Yoongi gone?” Namjoon slipped hands up Jin’s shirt feeling the man’s thin waist.

Jin smiled and pulled his hands out. “Hoseok is in my room.”

“Why?”

Jin sighed. “Jungkook was sleepwalking again and he scared Hoseok. He scratched him actually, looked pretty bad.”

“Maybe we should get him help. Jungkook’s always been so stoic, maybe he keeping things inside.” Namjoon suggested. He couldn’t believe Jungkook would attack someone, the boy seemed too innocent to hurt even a fruit fly.

Jin agreed with a nod.

The kitchen then went quiet. All Namjoon could hear was the refrigerator hum and his own heart beat. His eyes met Jin’s and suddenly the tension was back.

“That means my room is open.”

“I can’t leave Hoseok alone!” Jin protested as Namjoon wrapped his hands around Jin’s waist. Jin’s smile contradicted his eyes and he could see Jin wanted to take him up on his offer. He wanted to touch lower to convince him more, but stayed put, instead waiting for Jin’s words.

“Just for a little while.” He proposed, when Jin failed to say anything.

“Oh so you’ll only last a little while?” Jin smiled coyly.

Namjoon leaned in and kissed his neck again, a stripe up to his ear. “I’ll last as long as you want baby.”

Jin’s body shivered in response, his face and ear going red. Namjoon smirked a little at that.

“Race you upstairs.” Jin said, pushing him aside and running to the stairs. Namjoon followed.

As they made it to the room, Jin pounced on Namjoon. He shoved him against the door, crashing their mouths together. Namjoon fumbled with the door, attempting to lock it with one hand. He pulled away to check if he had and chuckled at Jin’s grumble.

“Hyung…” Namjoon turned back to Jin’s open mouth, this time with slip of tongue. Namjoon walked them to his bed, Jin falling on it as the back of his knees hit the bed.

Jin giggled and held onto Namjoon’s neck. Namjoon kissed his nose and pried the man’s hands off.

“Hyung, I need to go restroom first.”

“Okay.” Jin sighed and smiled at him as he left.

Namjoon quickly went and peed, as he washed his hands he glanced in the mirror checking if his face looked alright.

He looked a little tired from heading to a rap battle that had ended in disaster. His mic had failed to work halfway and he ended up yelling to make sure the crowd had heard how he was dissing the other guy.

Unfortunately his little mishap had cost him the 200 dollars and coupons to a Thai restaurant. It was a shame, he had hoped to take Jin there.

He around his eyes, dark circles prominent. He needed more sleep, or maybe some of Jin’s concealer. He then glanced at the doorway and saw Jin behind him smiling widely.

“Couldn’t wait?” Namjoon smiled.

Jin shook his head and took a step forward, arms outstretched.

“Huh?” Jin called from the bedroom.

Namjoon blinked and Jin was no longer behind him. He turned around. What?   

He walked to the room and saw him laying on his bed, his arms behind his head.

“Did you say something?”

Namjoon looked back to the bathroom then back at Jin. He could have swore...was Jin trying to prank him?

Jin wouldn’t do that though…

Suddenly the lust coursing through his blood was replaced by uneasiness. He blamed it on his fatigue, but he had never hallucinated like that before.

Could it be he was too excited to be with Jin?

With all the theories in his mind, his head began to hurt. The moment with Jin was gone, now he just wanted sleep.

“You okay?” Jin asked, sitting up with concern.

Namjoon nodded. “Yeah. Um…would you mind just cuddling with me tonight instead?”

Jin cocked his head to the side in confusion.

“I’m just tired tonight, the rap battle wore me out.”

“Oh.” Jin smiled. “Okay, that’s fine.”

Namjoon shed his hoodie and jeans, slipping in with Jin who also was in a shirt and boxers.

They settled in, squished against each other and Jin settled on top of Namjoon’s chest, head under the man’s chin.

“Goodnight hyung.”

“Goodnight Joonie.”

Namjoon smiled at the new nickname.


The next morning, Namjoon woke up first. He saw Jin had pulled away in the night and now had his back to him. Jin’s shirt had pulled up and Namjoon glanced at Jin’s spine, the line down his back leading down to where he had yet to go.

He aimed to trace it, but knew Jin would wake up. Instead, he pulled the boy’s shirt down and got up slowly. He made his way out and downstairs to the kitchen.

Jin was always making breakfast for the others, so he figured he could return the favor.

He set to work making eggs, but as he attempted to crack the egg it broke in half and spilled onto the stove instead of in the pan. He quickly scooped it up on a napkin and threw it away. He tapped another egg slower, getting it onto the pan.

As the egg was cooking, he put bread in the toaster. He then went back to his egg and attempted to flip it, but it flew past him and landed in the sink.

Namjoon sighed. Well maybe Jin could just have some nice toast and milk.

He went to pour the milk, accidentally spilling some on the counter before it made it to the cup. He grabbed a rag and cleaned it up, once he was finished, he smelled something burning.

The toast!

He quickly turned his long arm knocking down the cup of milk to the floor as smoke rose from the toaster.

He quickly unplugged it then fanned the smoke away before it could ring the smoke alarm.

As he violently fanned the air with a rag he knocked the handle of the pan and it spun, hitting his forearm. The pan still hot burned him as it went crashing to the floor.  The handle broke off and went for Namjoon’s legs.

Namjoon cried out and jumped back, dodging the handle and holding his forearm. He looked around.

One egg in the sink, milk on the floor, smoke in the air, a broken pan and a burned arm.

 . ” Namjoon said, as he realized this wasn’t even the worst breakfast he had made.

He left the egg in Kkanji’s food bowl, and figured the cat would also the milk off the floor, and finally made it up the stairs with cereal.

It was better this way , he decided. Cereal was simple. Eggs, toast and freshly squeezed orange juice screamed “try-hard” anyway.

As he made his way up, he caught Yoongi limping quickly to the bathroom. He was wearing an over-sized shirt that was definitely not his and Namjoon caught Yoongi’s pale neck littered with marks.

Hickeys, those were damn hickeys.

The big shirt collar, fell on his shoulder exposing more marks on his collarbone and shoulder.

Namjoon smiled. He hadn’t gotten lucky, but someone else had.

He had noticed Yoongi and Hoseok hanging out a lot lately and he had also seen his roommate's phone contact.

“Hey.” He called.

Yoongi froze, halfway to the bathroom, giving him a look over before muttering, “Hey.”

“Hoseok tops huh?” Namjoon grinned.

“ you.”

Yoongi shot him a murderous look and limped away.

Namjoon laughed.

He didn't deny it though, he thought as the bathroom door slammed.

He entered his room, closing the door behind him as Jin stepped from his bathroom, shirtless. He was rubbing his hair with a towel aimlessly and Namjoon stared at Jin’s broad shoulders and chest.

Wow…

He’d never quite seen a man like this. He, of course had seen plenty of men shirtless, at beaches, pools, front lawns, but a man he liked shirtless with jeans that fit so well on his waist...it was different .

More intimate .

Jin finally noticed Namjoon had come in and he flustered, covering his chest with the towel.

“Oh!” Jin cried out, looking embarrassed.

Namjoon smiled. He was acting like it was a big deal too. He felt the same way Namjoon did, as if it was an intimate act to be shirtless in front of each other, despite them both being men.

“I made you breakfast.” He said showing him the bowl.

“Oh, thanks.” Jin smiled as he went to the bed and slipped on his shirt. Namjoon catching a glance at his broad back and that line that ran down his spine. The damn line he wanted to touch, with his lips preferably.

“You took a shower?”

“Yeah, hope you don’t mind.” Jin sat down with the bowl of cereal.

“No it’s cool. I was going to take one right now too.”

Maybe if he had hurried they could have took one together. Would Jin had been open to that idea?

He blinked away flashes of Jin’s back and chest as Jin spoke again.

“You guys are lucky, you don’t have to walk out to the hallway to shower.”

“Yeah.” Namjoon agreed. And no one has to know if we shower together , he added to himself.

Jin ate his cereal quickly, finishing with a sip of leftover milk from the bowl. He got a milk moustache and Namjoon took it upon himself to wipe it away with his thumb.

He brushed Jin’s lips as well and saw the man’s mouth open slightly. A pink tongue swiped across pink lips and Namjoon couldn’t take anymore.

“Be mine.”

“Okay.” Jin nodded.

Namjoon leaped on Jin as the bowl landed who knows where and they kissed madly. He took the opportunity to slip his hands past Jin’s sides and to his back. He felt the line down his back and traced it up and down earning him moans, against his mouth.

He pulled away and tugged up at Jin’s shirt. Jin shyly lifted it up over his chest and Namjoon stared hungrily before kissing his chest down to this stomach.

“Namjoon.” Jin whispered.

“Hm?”

“You want to…”

Namjoon kissed his belly button. “Only if you want to.”

“I do.” Jin smiled.

Namjoon went to kiss him again as he reached for Jin’s jean zipper, then a crash was heard downstairs followed by a wail.

Jin immediately pulled his shirt down, rushing downstairs. Namjoon followed a little disappointed.

The front door was open and Jimin and Taehyung stood by the doorway. They were embracing, Jimin’s shoulders were shaking and small muffled sobs escaping from him.

Kkanji’s food bowl was on the floor and the food had spilled, scattering everywhere on the floor.

“What’s wrong?” Jin asked, staring around the floor at the mess.

Namjoon then caught sight of Jungkook coming in, Kkanji in his arms.

He was dead.

“Oh my god.” Jin gasped.

Namjoon examined the cat up close, it looked like its neck was broken, his head hanging awkwardly in Jungkook’s arms.

“It must have fought with other cats or...something.” He concluded. He doubted cats could break each others necks, but maybe in the scramble it lost its footing and fell from a wall.

“Taehyung get the shovel from the back yard.” Jin ordered staring at the cat in pity.

Taehyung in tears himself, sniffed and nodded pulling away from Jimin.

Jimin reluctant to let him go watched him leave then turned to look at Kkanji.

“I want to hold him.” He told Jungkook. The boy wordlessly handed the cat over and Jimin cradled it like a child.

Namjoon felt sorry for the boy. Jimin was a good kid, he had worked so hard to care for the cat and get it to behave. He certainly didn’t deserve this.

Neither did the cat, he reasoned. Sure it had been a pain in the at times, but he had grown used to having it around and petting it when no one was looking.

Jimin had begun crying again, this time hard. Sobs racked his body and his face grew red and blotchy. He hiccuped as snot and tears fell down his face. Jungkook watching with wide eyes, began crying as well. The two boys stood crying, almost resembling children, and Namjoon had never felt more bad.

He watched as Jin went over to them, pulling them into a hug as if they were his children.

“It’s okay.” He cooed. “It’s going to be okay.”

Namjoon went over awkwardly and patted Jimin’s hair as well.


He and Taehyung made a hole in the front yard. While Taehyung looked for the biggest stone to mark the grave, Namjoon went to call the others. They were all sitting in the living room petting Kkanji one by one and offering condolences. Hoseok and Jimin ending up crying together two more times.

They all finally stood around the small hole, as Jimin settled the cat in a pillowcase and planted him in the ground. Jungkook held Jimin from behind as the boy sniffed, trying to hold back tears.

Taehyung cleared his throat and placed his hands in front of him like a priest. “Kkanji was with us for a short while, but he became family. He was the coolest cat in the world. Always himself and jumping on stuff like a boss. He probably died looking cool too. Rest in peace, you badass.”

Everyone recited amen and Taehyung motioned to Jungkook.

“I didn’t really know Kkanji. He never really let me hold him. He also hissed at me a lot.” Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. “But even so, Jimin loved him. And when hyung is hurting...it hurts me too. I’m so sorry hyung.”

Jimin hugged him. “It’s okay. Thank you.”

Jungkook then looked at Yoongi. Yoongi looked back before sighing.

“Uh. Well, Kkanji was a cat...he really liked to himself and jump on stuff. It he died, but he’s probably chasing mice in heaven and stuff.”

“He did like to chase mice.” Jimin spoke up, nodding. “Thanks hyung.”

Yoongi offered a smile and stepped back.

Hoseok then spoke. “Kkanji was a great cat. He was so pretty too, probably had all the cats in the province after him. He was white as snow with beautiful blue eyes and the way he would chase my shoelaces when I had them untied…” Hoseok started crying. “Oh Kkanji! He didn’t deserve this!”

Yoongi nudged him sharply as the man got to his knees and howled. Jimin started crying and Jin shook his head motioning at Namjoon to start covering the hole.

As he filled the hole, Taehyung decided to pull out his saxophone. Namjoon bit the inside of his cheek to hold back a smile as Taehyung played a cover of George Michael’s “Careless Whisper”.  

The song was horribly fitting, a ual jazz song that Taehyung got too into. He began to get on his knees for it, with his eyes screwed shut, playing with such a passion, Namjoon finished up quickly just to get him to stop.

He, Yoongi and Jin locked themselves in the bathroom, after the funeral's end, laughing painfully about it.


Evening rolled around and Namjoon walked into the kitchen seeing Jin hurrying left and right. He was making spaghetti and meatballs, Jimin had always wanted to eat it with Kkanji and now it was a sort of farewell dinner for the cat.

Jin greeted him with a smile. Namjoon smiled back as his eyes zeroed in on Jin’s pink apron.

So cute.

“Poor Jimin.” Jin said with his back to him. Namjoon eyed Jin’s form fitting jeans showing off a small firm .

Damn.

“He’s going to be sad for a while. The pain will probably never leave him.” Jin continued. “I still remember when my pet goldfish died at the age of 6. I was so crushed. Rest in peace, Melon.”

Namjoon raised an eyebrow. “You named him melon?”

“I would put pieces of melon in his bowl.” Jin smiled.

“Well no wonder he died!”

Jin laughed and gave him a playful smack.

“Anyway, Jimin has Taehyung and Jungkook and us.” Namjoon told him, reassuringly.

Jin agreed he then motioned to the pot. “Want to help?”

“Oh no, no.” Namjoon put his hands up. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin dinner.

“Just stir the pot.” Jin handed him the spoon.“Come on, there’s no way you can get this wrong.”

“Alright…” Namjoon hesitantly took the spoon, beginning to stir.

“How's classes?” Jin asked.

“Pretty good. Not too overwhelming yet.” Namjoon said. “And you?”

Jin grabbed his hand and helped him stir counterclockwise. “Pretty good too, my first exam is going to be a chocolate souffle.”

“Nice.”

“I'll make you guys one, someday.”

Namjoon could only nod and watch as Jin made small balls out of meat with his hands.

Jin’s hands were different, he’d never seen crooked fingers like his. He hadn’t asked why his hands were like that, he assumed it was something hereditary, but he figured Jin would tell him himself in his own time. Namjoon didn’t find them freaky, they were unique, made him all the more handsome in Namjoon’s eyes.

He walked over and put his arms around Jin’s neck. He breathed in the man’s scent of lavender clothes softener and honey almond soap. He was then touched by the man’s soft nuzzle of his head on his.

“You'd be the perfect pre-women’s liberation wife, you know that?”

Jin let out a laugh. “I don’t think I’ve ever heard that before.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever liked someone like this before. You’re amazing Jin.” Namjoon said softly, near his shoulder.

He aimed to kiss the man’s neck, but before he could Jin turned around and stared at him.

Namjoon leaned forward as he saw Jin’s eyes go wide. He was then shoved aside as Jin rushed to the pot that was beginning to boil and overflow, turning it off quickly.

“Sorry.”

“You’re lucky you’re so handsome, that I’m willing to excuse your behavior.”

Namjoon smiled.

Handsome?

That was something he thought he’d never hear, especially from someone like Jin.

He found he liked it. Even if it was a little unfitting.


After dinner, Namjoon retired to the living room, dozing off to the action movie on the TV. He woke up with a yawn and stood stretching.

“Namjoon.”

He heard Jin call him from the hallway. Was Jin back already? The man had gone the store shortly after dinner, saying something about no more paprika.

Namjoon walked to the hallway as his name was called again from up the stairs.

He had no sooner placed his hand on the railing that a hand grabbed his arm.

He jumped slightly and turned to see Jin with a smile on his face.

“Weren’t you…?”

Hadn’t Jin called from up the stairs?  

“Hey, can you help with the groceries?” Jin seemed to ignore his question, looking flushed as if he had been outside in the cold.

“Did you call me?”

“I just got home.” Jin said. “I also know if I call, people will just try and hide. At least Jimin and Taehyung do.”

“Is anyone upstairs?”

“Wouldn’t you know more than me?” Jin chuckled. When Namjoon failed to answer, he continued. “Well, I took Taehyung and Jungkook with me. Jimin went to dance practice and Yoongi and Hoseok went to Yoongi’s rap battle. Hoseok’s basically live streaming it to me.”

Namjoon saw Jin’s smile vanish and his eyebrows raise. “Are you okay? Did something happen?”

“Nah, just lost count of everyone.” Namjoon sighed. “Why do we have so many kids, Mommy?”

“No clue, Daddy .” Jin played along. “Probably your -free lifestyle.”

Namjoon laughed and saw the playful mischief in Jin’s eyes. He leaned in closer. “Well who wouldn’t want to feel your a--”

“I’m home!”

Jimin’s voice rang, as a door slammed open. Then a retching sound was heard and a yell of alarm.

“Jungkook?!”

Namjoon followed Jin into the kitchen, knowing whatever was happening wasn’t good.