Chapter 12

The Possession

You can do this, Jung Hoseok. Hoseok replayed the whisper that passed between him and Yoongi before he had left upstairs.

He was tired of being scared. He was ready to fight back, and what better way than to bless the hell out of the spirits.

As he reached the top of the stairs he gave the room on the far right a sidelong glance. The door that had been shut was now open slightly.

Did he dare peak in?

Hoseok swallowed hard and walked over slowly. He would just take a quick look and see if Jungkook was alright.

He recalled the horrible sight of seeing Jungkook stand in the doorway, the crooked smile on his face. He suppressed a shiver and held onto the doorknob, opening the door more. He slid his head in and peeked around.

“Jungkook?”

The boy wasn't in bed, the boy wasn't in the room. Where could he have gone?

The sound of low growling echoed through the room, suddenly.

What was that? He looked around the room, perplexed as the growling got louder.

He finally pinpointed that it was coming from above him and as he looked up, he saw Jungkook.

Hoseok couldn't even scream, he just gawked as he saw Jungkook perched on the wall like a spider waiting to strike. His eyes were wide and blacker than ever. The smile he wore unnaturally wide. A deep growl rumbled in his throat as he fixed his eyes on Hoseok.

The boy moved away inch by inch and held his breath willing Jungkook not to jump at him. He then quickly jumped backward as Jungkook leaped to the ground.

Hoseok yanked the knob, slamming the door shut. He could hear growling and hissing from behind the door as Jungkook pulled and scratched. He held onto the doorknob, his breath came out in shallow gasps and he willed his heart rate to slow down.

When the noise had stopped Hoseok let go and raced down the stairs, not bothering to look back.


He made it to Jin in the living room with the others. “Where's the--”

“Jungkook was on the ceiling!” Hoseok shouted.

“What?” Jimin gasped.

“He...He was on the ceiling, making noises.” Hoseok shivered. “Then he jumped at me, tried to get out but I closed the door.”

“He's possessed.” Taehyung stated.

“I need that holy water.” Jin said, with a frown.

“Let's go together, hyung.” Jimin suggested. “Safety in numbers.”

“Wait where is Yoongi?” Hoseok asked.

“He's down in the basement with the fuse box.” Jin replied.

Without Yoongi, Hoseok felt vulnerable and more scared. He wanted the boy close to him, now more than ever.

He held in his fear as they all agreed to go up together

They had made it up halfway when Hoseok felt his back grow cold as if a blast of cold air was hitting him.

He felt clammy hands wrapped around his legs, tightening.

He gasped.

His legs were then pulled out from under him.

Before he could even scream for help, he was dragged.

He reached for Taehyung’s arm, but failed to hold on.

The powerlessness and desperation to stay upright made him mute with horror. He tried to choke out for help, but instead tears filled his eyes as he was dragged down the stairs quickly.

Help me! He screamed in his head. Help me please!

All he saw before he was pulled away from the hallway was Taehyung and Jimin’s looks of horror.


 He was pulled straight towards the basement door and dragged all the way down the stairs where he collided with Yoongi.

“Hoseok?”

Hoseok groaned and sat up wiping the dust he’d collected off his shirt.

All the terror he had felt was replaced by annoyance as he saw he was bruised everywhere.

He winced as he stood up, clearly the spirits didn’t know about being gentle.

“Are you okay?” Yoongi pressed.

“I’m fine.”

“Why are you down here? It looked like you fell or something.”

“It dragged me down here.”

“It?”

“The spirits or whatever it is we have in our house.” Hoseok explained.

He looked around in panic as he realized he was down in the basement.

The one place he swore he'd never go to.

He rushed up the stairs only to find it sealed tight. He banged on it then came back down the stairs in frustration.

“What's wrong?”

“Were locked in. It locked us in.” Hoseok sighed.

Yoongi switched on the fuse box and light failed to flood the basement. Hoseok watched him grumble under his breath then, scramble through a box before pulling out a flashlight.

“That's better.” Hoseok managed a smile.

They took a seat at the foot of the stairs, Yoongi holding his hand.

Hoseok heard rustling in the dark corner of the basement and he jumped. Yoongi shined the light in that direction and a mouse emerged scurrying away from the light.

“I'm scared.” Hoseok murmured.

“That's okay.” Yoongi said, meeting his eyes. He then pulled Hoseok into a hug.

“I'm here.”

The boy's soft whisper filled Hoseok with comfort and relief.

He wasn't trapped alone.

Yes, he was locked in with Yoongi, but hopefully Jin and the others would get the holy water in time.

And maybe then they would get out.