Chapter 14

The Possession

A/N: I love Jin, I'm gonna be petty and say he deserved more lines in Not Today or at the very least more screentime. 


Jin ignored the stinging of the scratches on his arms as Jungkook clawed at him, trying to get away.

He had lunged for the boy as soon as they entered, yelling for Taehyung and Jimin to grab the boy’s legs.

Jungkook struggled like an animal in a cage, he kicked and scratched and howled with all his might. He managed a good blow to Taehyung’s face with his leg and Jimin cursed at him.

“He’s not in his right mind.” Taehyung defended.

“Waste your energy on holding him down.” Jin told Jimin, seeing the boy’s fierce gaze.

Jimin nodded obediently, but kept a glare on Jungkook.

“Yoongi, Hoseok!” Jin called the other boys over. “Grab his arms!”

The boy was now slipping under Jin’s grasp and he was soon to be free by his arms. He bite Jin’s arm and Jin let go with a hiss.

Jungkook’s upper body landed on the floor and he leaned forward to scratch Jimin and Taehyung off his legs but then Yoongi dove to the ground and grabbed his arms. Hoseok quickly followed, a frightened look on his face.

The scratches on Hoseok face were still there, a reminder of what the boy had done before, but Hoseok kept his cool and held Jungkook down.

“You okay?” Namjoon was at Jin’s side inspecting the bites and scratches.

“I’m fine, do you have the bible?”

Namjoon held up the book, but kept his eyes on Jin’s wounds. Jin smiled at him and ordered the others to carry Jungkook to his bed.

Once he was placed down they held him in place and Jin swallowed nervously.

What exactly was he supposed to do?

He stared at Jungkook who thrashed and snarled, his face contorted with rage and loathing. This wasn’t the boy who he had fed so eagerly. This was a demon.

How could he get rid of a demon, he was just a college student!

Namjoon seemed to sense his doubt and put a hand on the man’s shoulder. He motioned him forward.

“Do you know what you’re going to read?” Jin asked.

“My Latin’s a little rusty but I’ll manage.” Namjoon said. He gave the boy’s shoulder a squeeze then opened the bible.

Jin walked up to the bed and pulled out the holy water. At the sight of the bottle, Jungkook laughed.

“You gotta be ing kidding me.” The voice was raspy and sounded as if a mix of two deep, strangled voices.

Jin tried to ignore him as he began to say a prayer aloud.

Jungkook began roaring with laughter, his head thrown back. “ You stupid boy, you can’t do this, why don’t you go cook me some dinner?”

Jin clenched his fist around the bottle, but continued his prayer.

“Foolish boy, don’t you know no one cares about you? You are nothing. Untalented with a boring major and a boring life. Why even go to school when Mommy and Daddy will buy you everything?”

“You’re rich?” Namjoon stopped in his flipping through pages.

Jin shook his head. “Just my parents, but I don’t want to rely on their money, I want to make it on my own. They basically kicked me out anyway, for being gay.”

“I’m so sorry.” Namjoon looked at him with such sincerity. Jin feigned a smile and turned away, willing himself not to fall apart.

Especially not in front of the demon.

“How could you pass up money, Kim Seokjin? You’ll only sink into debt."  The demon in Jungkook spoke. “ You’re an idiot for it and everyone in this room thinks so.”

“That’s not true hyung!” Jimin cried.

Jin closed his eyes, willing himself to go on.

“It is true.” Jungkook continued, with a spat. “Everyone hates you for being so stupid and useless, especially your boyfriend over there. I can read his mind.”

Jin turned to look at Namjoon, who shook his head.

“Don’t listen to him hyung.”

“You think I’m stupid?” Jin asked, small tears his eyes, threatening to come out.

“Of course he does.” Jungkook said, “He left didn’t he? The only reason he came back was to pretend to believe you, truth is he thinks you’re a lunatic, too weak minded to defend himself.”

“Is this true?” Jin demanded.

“Of course not!” Namjoon protested.

 He’s just after one thing, Seokjin. That’s all young boys want...one thing and one thing only. You’re a ing idiot for ever thinking of anything else.”

“Shut up!” Namjoon stormed over and raised his hand with the bible ready to strike.

“No hyung!” Jimin cried. “It’s what he wants!”

Jungkook turned his head to Jimin who held onto his right leg.

“And who do we have here?”

Jimin gasped and closed his eyes.

“You’re the short kid with the weight problems right?” Jungkook sneered. “You’re a very stupid boy too, aren’t you?”

Jimin opened his eyes and looked at Jungkook.

“You couldn’t get into hyung’s pants so you decided to go for the willing best friend huh?”

“What...what are you...I…” Jimin shook his head. “No. No!”

Jungkook smiled, his mouth crooked and evil. “Of course you did, you don’t even like him, you just need someone who is desperate enough to love you. You don't want to be alone, huh?”

“Don’t listen to him Jimin.” Taehyung called. “I know you aren’t like that.”

Jungkook looked at him. “He is like that and you know it. He’ll never love you!”

“Shut up!” Jimin let go of Jungkook’s leg and reached for the boy’s throat.

“Jimin no!” Yoongi pulled the boy away, and in the scramble Jungkook broke an arm free, clawing at Hoseok again.

Hoseok jumped back.

“Jungkook no!” Jin reached for his arm and brought it down, just as Yoongi pulled Jimin away from the bed and into a corner.

“Jimin.” Jungkook called in a sing-song voice followed by a horrendous laugh. “Jiminnnn.”

“Jimin don’t listen to him!” Taehyung cried. “He’s trying to fool us!”

“I killed your cat Jimin.”

Jimin looked over his shoulder.

“I killed him Jimin.” Jungkook grinned, he ran a tongue over his lips and Jin shuddered.

“Jungkook would never!” Jimin turned around, shoving Yoongi away.

“You don’t know Jungkook! I know Jungkook!” The demon in Jungkook growled.

He then smiled, arrogantly. “I killed that mangy cat with my own hands. Breaking his neck was like music to my ears.”

“You ing monster!” Jimin lunged for him again and Jungkook laughed maniacally. Yoongi grabbed for Jimin  again, but before he could hold him back, Jimin reached for Jin’s hand and grabbed the holy water.

He splashed it on Jungkook’s face. “Go to hell! Go back to hell!”

Jungkook screamed in agony as smoke appeared from his face and his skin sizzled. Jimin continued until Namjoon fumbled with the bible and began to recite passages.

Jungkook screamed and the bed shook violently. The others struggled to hold on as things began flying in the room and crashing along the walls.

Jin ducked a book. “Keep going!” He urged Jimin.

The boy continued to land water on Jungkook’s face as he chanted for the demon to go back to where it came from.

Jin cast his eyes down not willing to see Jungkook in pain. He knew it wasn't exactly Jungkook, but it began to sound like the boy as howls of agony escaped his mouth. Jin willed himself not to loosen his grip because of his pity and concentrated on praying.

The screaming then died down and Jungkook closed his eyes. The rapid movement of his chest went down as his breathing came to a still stop.

“Is he...dead?” Hoseok asked moving his arms away to lean forward.

“No don’t let go that’s what he---” Jin began but Jungkook threw a punch in Jin’s face and the boy fell back connecting with a bed stand. He felt his vision grow fuzzy and an explosion of pain in the back of his head.

He struggled to stay awake as he lifted his head up.

“Jin! Jin!” Namjoon was in his sight, his eyes wide with fear and anxiety.

“Keep going.” Jin gritted out, through clenched teeth. “Don’t stop please, I’m okay.”

Namjoon nodded and walked back to Jungkook’s bedside. Jin knew Namjoon wanted to stop, but he was doing it for him and Jin was grateful he was listening.

Jin watched as Jimin continued the splashing and Namjoon continued his reading. Jungkook roared and fought, objects crashing left and right and lights flickering on and off.

It felt like hours as time stretched on and he felt himself growing more tired, his head still throbbing and his arms burning with his infected scratches.

He closed his eyes for a moment and heard a scream. He opened them and looked around, spying Yoongi face down in the corner of the room.

“No…” He whispered.

Hoseok was at his side shaking the man. Jin felt his heart jump. No Yoongi wouldn’t die, not by any demon.

His roommate was a damn fighter.

He saw Yoongi’s head turn and glare at Hoseok, he then heard a faint grumble of “Get back in position.”

Jin sighed in relief then attempted to stand up.

This was going to end now, before another one of his children got hurt.

Yes they were his children, he fed them, he drove them to school and he wasn't about to put up with a demon possessing his youngest child.

Not today, Satan.

With renewed strength, he walked over to Jimin.

“Get the out already!” Jimin cried, his shoulders were slumped in front of him. He was growing tired, his optimism fading.

Jin took the bottle from his hands.

“Hyung!”

“Grab his arm.” Jin ordered. He then met Jungkook’s eyes as he sprinkled holy water on him. Jungkook gave him a look full of venomous hatred and snarled, his teeth showing.

“I cast out the demon from you in the name of God, the Father almighty, in the name of Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit.” Jin commanded. “Release Jungkook from your grasp now !”

Jungkook flung himself left and right wildly, before he shoved them all away. Hoseok dove to Yoongi’s side and Jimin and Taehyung clung to each other running to Taehyung’s bed.

Jungkook’s body rose from the bed and hovered toward the ceiling.

“RELEASE HIM!” Jin yelled with all his might.

Jungkook’s body then began convulsing, before it fell onto the bed with a loud thump.

Jin rushed to Jungkook’s side. He felt the boy’s pulse. It was weak but he was alive.

“Jungkook?” Jimin ran over along with Taehyung.

Jungkook sat up with a laugh.

“No.” Jin whispered.

It hadn't worked!

“Hyung, you're bleeding!” Namjoon pressed his hand on the back of Jin's head, pulling back to show him the blood.

“.” Jin placed a hand over his head then glanced around at the others.

Jungkook was still laughing, practically roaring as Jimin and Taehyung looked on in terror. Hoseok was holding Yoongi who looked drowsy, the hit he took to the head had been close to knocking him unconscious.

“Everyone get out of here!” Jin called.

He held onto Namjoon as they limped, the others right behind them.

They sheltered in the bathroom. Jin sitting on the toilet as Namjoon cleaned the wound.

“What do we do, hyung?” Jimin asked as he leaned on Hoseok's shoulder on the ground.

Jin sighed. “I don't know.”

“How do they defeat them in movies?” Hoseok asked.

“They used a cross and holy water…” Jimin trailed off, deep in thought.

“They also say a lot of quotes from the bible.” Taehyung added.

“Well we got that covered.” Namjoon held up his book.

“Can anyone think of anything else?” Jin asked.

He winced as Namjoon dabbed his head with rubbing alcohol, making Jin hold onto the bible.

The bible…

Jin practically jumped when the thought hit him.

“Namjoon where is that book?”

“What book?”

“The book I gave you near the beginning of the semester.” Jin replied.

Namjoon frowned in thought then looked up. “It's in Hoseok's car.”

“Why is that thing in there?!” Hoseok demanded.

“I used it to go see my old professor, see if he could translate the book.”

“Go get it.” Jin ordered.

Namjoon nodded and opened the bathroom door.

“Wait what are we going to do hyung?” He asked.

“We are going to hold Jungkook off.” Jin said.

Namjoon pulled Jin by the wrist and led him outside the bathroom door.

They embraced and Namjoon pulled away with a serious expression. 

“Hyung whatever that demon says in there. It's not true, okay?”

“I know Joonie.”

Namjoon held Jin's face in his hands and kissed him gently.

“I love you.”

It was so low, Jin thought he imagined the boy had said it, but as he walked away Namjoon gave him a look that confirmed that he had, indeed, said that .

Butterflies fluttered in his stomach and his heart beat fast, as his skin flushed a embarrassing red. A warm wonderful feeling spread throughout him and he wanted to hear it again. Namjoon had already left down the stairs though.

He stood there for a moment relishing in the feeling.

“I love you too.” Jin found himself whispering to the empty hallway.

I love you, Kim Namjoon