Chapter 9

The Possession

A/N: Thank you to all of you for reading, commenting, and subscribing. Love y'all! 

P.S. I'm YOONSEOK TRASH!!!!


Yoongi yawned and rubbed at his eyes.

Hoseok made a noise of disapproval. “You should go to sleep. You still need rest.”

“I'm fine.”

“No, I'm fine.” Hoseok shut Yoongi's book closed. Yoongi looked up, annoyed. “Go sleep. I'm not weak, you know. I don't always need someone looking out for me.”

“Of course you do.” Yoongi reopened his book and shooed Hoseok away.

“Go to sleep.”

“Nah.”

“Yoongi go!”

“Hoseok no.”

“Why are you being so stubborn?” Hoseok asked, looking exasperated. “It's not like this house is dangerous. You said it yourself didn't you?”

Yoongi didn't reply. He wasn't about to tell him how uneasy he was starting to get in this house.

Hoseok cocked his head, looking curious.

Damn, he knows I'm thinking.

“Are you worried Jungkook is going to hurt me?”

Yoongi stayed silent.

“That's it. Go to bed. That's an order.”

“Quit telling me to go to bed, that's an order.” Yoongi snapped.

He stared at Hoseok as the man frowned, his mouth forming a triangle. He nearly smiled, but instead stared down at his book.

If I stare a little longer, maybe he'll leave it alone...

He then let out a yelp as he was picked up off the ground. He pushed Hoseok's arms down and squirmed.

Hoseok was strong, he managed to drag him up the stairs and towards his room.

“You can't do this. I'm your hyung!” Yoongi exclaimed. Never had he felt more embarrassed.

Hoseok threw him on the bed and gave a smirk. “But I'm bigger. Goodnight Yoongi hyung.”

Yoongi hated to say it but Hoseok was devilishly handsome in that moment. He was a er for his smirks, especially when it came with overpowering him, dominating him.

He would never admit it, but Hoseok in control was one of his guilty pleasures, especially after their first night together.

He found himself not fighting as Hoseok closed the door and walked away.

Yoongi settled down to bed, ready to close his eyes, when he heard a thump.

He raced out and went to Jungkook's room seeing the boy on the floor and Hoseok picking him up.

“What happened?”

“Jungkook tried to get out of bed, but he's weak.”

Yoongi watched Hoseok tuck Jungkook back into bed, carefully. He eyed Hoseok's scratches from before, from the last time he tried to pick Jungkook up.

“I'm staying.”

“Yoongi enough.” Hoseok sighed, walking out of the room.

“I'm worried.”

“Stop worrying, I'm fine.” Hoseok insisted.

“Just let me stay with you.” Yoongi whined. He hated to be that person, but who knew what could happen? Jungkook could attack again or the whispers could come back. He didn't trust it here anymore.

Hoseok turned around and glared at him. “Yoongi, I'm tired of you always being like this. I should be worrying over you. You're small and cute with horrid sleeping patterns.”

“Yeah, but I don't scream for help when there's a spider in the shower.”

“I told that to Namjoon in secrecy!”

“Everyone can hear you yelling. It's no secret.” Yoongi frowned. “Anyway, my point still stands.”

“Go to bed.”

“Huh?”

“Go to bed!”

Hoseok raised his voice and Yoongi was surprised. He'd never heard Hoseok's voice so loud when angry.

“Hoseok, I'm not leaving.”

“Stop babying me. I'm not going to be with someone like that. I already have parents, I don't need another one.”

Yoongi looked away, grumbling under his breath. He then met Hoseok's eye.

“What?” He demanded. “Spit it out!”

“Maybe if you didn't need someone to answer your panicky phone calls or sleep with you or kill spiders for you, I wouldn't be like this.” Yoongi snapped.

“Oh I see, so I'm codependent? A cowardly codependent?”

“Yeah.”

Hoseok laughed dryly. “Hah, says the damn spider monkey. Do you even give people space to breathe?”

Yoongi's face turned pink and he blurted out. “You like it when we cuddle!”

“I tolerate it because you're cute. Truth is I like my space!” Hoseok yelled back.

“Show some damn respect!”

“You told me to stop using hyung, Yoongi .” Hoseok retorted, emphasizing the lack of honorifics.

“Yeah, but the age difference is obviously there.” Yoongi muttered. “I feel like I'm talking to a child.”

“You feel that way?!” Hoseok snorted. “I feel that way! You even look like a child.”

“Oh yeah?” Yoongi could feel himself acting childish, but he couldn't help it, Hoseok was driving him up the wall with all these attacks on his height. “You look like a horse !”

Hoseok gaped, like Yoongi, he couldn't believe the way he was acting. It wasn't like Yoongi to lose his calm composure so easily.

“You look like a turtle.” Hoseok finally retaliated.

Yoongi lost it. “You know what? Stay by yourself. I'm going to bed. I was trying to keep you safe from this house, but obviously you have a death wish.”

“What do you mean?” Hoseok's face returned to his normal color and his eyes narrowed.

“The whispering that Taehyung heard in the basement? I heard it in your room when I was on the phone with you before.”

Hoseok gasped and punched the man's shoulder. “Why didn't you tell me?!”

“Because you would have freaked out.”

Hoseok glared at him. “Of course I would have!” He exclaimed. “That seems like a reasonable reaction to damn spirits in my room!”

“It might have just been me though…” Yoongi said, eyebrows furrowing. He wasn't quite sure what he had heard, maybe he had been delusional or paranoid at the time.

“Maybe, maybe not.” Hoseok shrugged. “Things have been weird for everyone, hyung.” He then glanced at Jungkook in his bed. “Especially for Jungkook.”

Yoongi agreed with him.

They stood in silence for a moment. Not quite making eye contact. Yoongi then  glanced at Hoseok and the way the man's mouth was still a triangle of disapproval. He was cute when he mad. He was cute when he was scared.

Yoongi still couldn't believe how bad he had fallen for Hoseok, Namjoon’s loud, annoying friend.

But he was more than that now. He was sweet and playful and just the ray of optimistic sunshine he needed in his gloomy pessimistic life.

He found himself pulling the man's arm. “Lay with me.”

He saw Hoseok smile, despite the argument fresh in their minds. “Okay.” He relented, following Yoongi to his room. “Only for a while though.”

They settled down in Yoongi's bed and he wrapped around Hoseok, fulfilling his spider monkey role. It made Hoseok chuckle, but the man didn't pull away and Yoongi began to doze off.

He had no sooner fallen asleep, when he felt a yank on his feet. Startled, the boy sat up and pulled his feet up, his knees placed against the back of Hoseok’s shins. He laid back down and closed his eyes, only to find his feet pulled again.

“Stop it.” He muttered.

He felt Hoseok shift in his bed, the soft snores falling from his open mouth and he realized Hoseok wasn't pulling them. Or if he was he sure was good at pretending to sleep.

Beginning to get spooked, he slid under his covers making sure his feet were nice and tucked in before, also covering Hoseok. However as quickly as he had gone back to sleep, the covers were yanked away and thrown to the ground.

Hoseok yelped and sat up with Yoongi, both exchanging looks of fear as they stared at Jungkook standing in the doorway.

Yoongi's heart hammered in his chest and his blood went cold as he saw Jungkook's eyes wide open, a crooked smile on his face.

What the actual ?

They sat for what felt like an hour. Jungkook stood never blinking nor tearing his gaze away from them. Yoongi shifted his eyes to the side and saw Hoseok was shaking. The poor boy was struggling to breathe and Yoongi slipped a hand on his knee for comfort. 

Frozen in their spot Yoongi watched as Hoseok, through and tear-rimmed eyes and a shaky body, open his mouth. 

“J-J-Jungkook...” Hoseok mustered beside him. “G-go to b-bed.”

Jungkook stumbled around in the doorway, before limping his way back to his room.

They jumped at the door slam and Hoseok pulled Yoongi into a hug, his head buried into Yoongi's chest.

“I'm scared hyung.” His voice and body shook and Yoongi found he couldn't quite get himself to stop shaking either.

“I know, Hobi.” He swallowed, his mouth suddenly dry. “But the others will be home soon. We’ll get help.”