Chapter 4

The Possession

Hoseok was pacing the living room when Yoongi entered straightening, out his uniform.

Yoongi caught Hoseok’s look of adoration and how he clasped his hands together in exaggeration. He willed the man with his mind not to make any degrading comments about how cute he looked.

“Why are you up?” He demanded after Hoseok caught his glare and simmered down.

“Can’t sleep.”

“Taehyung freak you out?” He smirked.

Hoseok looked at him in annoyance. “Yoongi, stop joking! I really can’t sleep!”

“Relax.” Yoongi chuckled. “Go to bed. It’s not like you sleep alone.”

He made his way to kitchen and Hoseok followed right behind.

“Namjoon went to the library to study. I don’t think he’s coming home until morning.” Hoseok said as Yoongi packed his lunch. He stood in the way several times as Yoongi moved around and he felt his patience run thin.

“Go to sleep!” He snapped, pointing to the hallway.

“No!”

“Then come work with me.” Yoongi said as he finished packing and placed the lunch bag on his shoulder.

“Really?” Hoseok brightened up.

“No, go to bed.”

Hoseok frowned, Yoongi finding the way his mouth turned into a triangle, fascinating. He walked off with his head down and his shoulders drooping and Yoongi could only smile.

Hoseok was too much. Too loud, too happy, and too scared. Every emotion of his was always exaggerated, the complete opposite of Yoongi who tended to show very little. He liked that Hoseok was so different and so willing to bug Yoongi for his real emotions, even after so many people would call it quits.


He made it to the convenience store by bike and as he stocked merchandise, his mind wandered to Hoseok.

Was he sleeping? Knowing the boy, he was probably up counting sheep under the covers.

He sighed.

Why did he have to go and ask so much from Taehyung?

He made it back to the register and when he saw there was no customers he dialed Hoseok’s number.

“Hello?” Hoseok answered.

“Hey.”

“Yoongi?”

“You don’t have my number saved?” Yoongi couldn’t deny he was little annoyed at that. He would have thought Hoseok would have his number saved as Yoongi hyung with a little heart for emphasis, or something stupid like that.

“Sorry.” Hoseok replied.

“Are you ok?” Yoongi’s voice softened. He could be secretly mad later. Hoseok’s lack of sleep was more important now.

“Yes.”

“Good.” Yoongi bowed to a group of teenagers as they came in. “Go to sleep.”

“But…” Hoseok’s voice faltered.

Yoongi’s eyes trailed on the teenagers, careful they wouldn’t steal. Last thing he wanted to do was kick some pubescent .

“I’ll stay on the phone.” Yoongi turned back to his call.

“Bless you.” Hoseok sounded as he wanted to cry. Yoongi wouldn’t be surprised if he was and just holding the receiver so he wouldn’t hear.

He fought back a smile, as he heard Hoseok’s ramblings about his day, how his choreography teacher was a pain in the neck, how he just wanted to quit school and watch Boys Over Flowers reruns all day with Yoongi, instead.

Yoongi was cleaning after the teenagers, who left behind bottles of soda and ramen bowls, when he heard Hoseok’s gentle breathing.

Finally . He was ready to pull away and hang up, when he heard whispering.

“Hoseok?”

The whispering continued, it sounded like wind almost, but Yoongi could make out a female voices.

“Hoseok?” He called.

Maybe he had left a TV on? No, he shook his head. Hoseok didn’t allow TVs in the room. He claimed it would keep them from sleeping and a good night’s sleep was important.

As well as a healthy breakfast , Yoongi added, already hearing Hoseok’s chiding at him to eat more in his Gwangju accent.

“Mm?” The man murmured deep in sleep.

“Hoseok, get up.”

The whispering was growing louder, almost angry. Yoongi was beginning to get nervous.

“Huh?”

“Get up!” Yoongi snapped. “Turn on the light!”

“What?” Hoseok mumbled. “Let me sleep.”

“Hey!” Yoongi yelled into the phone earning him a glance from a customer looking through chips. Yoongi ignored him. He went back to his call only to realize Hoseok had hung up.

He’s not going to answer. Yoongi thought in frustration. He then dialed Jin.

“What’s up?” Jin sounded groggy as if awakened. Yoongi didn’t spare an apology.

It was urgent.

The whispering had made him feel a little frightened, more than he was willing to admit.

“Go check on Hoseok.”

“What? Hoseok?”

“Yes.”

“You’re crazy.” Jin muttered.

“Please.”

He heard shuffling and sheets rustling, before hearing Jin’s calm breathy sigh. He then heard the man walk and a door open and close then again open and close.

“He’s fine.”

“Can you put him on my bed?” Yoongi asked, knowing it sounded stupid as hell, but what choice did he have?

 What? 

“I…” Yoongi bit back his words. He didn’t want to freak out Jin, that would get Namjoon on his back and he was already so protective of Jin’s “ fragile mind ” as the man had put it. “Just do it.”

 Why? ” Jin demanded. “Why are you worried?”

“I just am.”

“Okay.” Jin said. Then grumbled. “You can just tell me you’re frick fracking.”

 Frick fracking? ” Yoongi had never heard such a dumb slang for in his life.

Was Jin really the oldest?

Jin just laughed then huffed as he picked up Hoseok. Or at least that’s what Yoongi thought he was doing.

He listened close, hearing whispering again, fainter but still angry.

“Get him out please.” He meant to beg in his mind, but he spoke aloud and he clenched his fist. Stupid! Don’t be so pathetic!

“I’m going. Damn he’s heavy.” Jin choked out. “Okay I’m out.”

“Okay.” Yoongi replied. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” Jin said then hung up.

Yoongi kept his phone close the entire night hoping the whispering wouldn’t transfer to his room.

He could still remember the vicious whispers, why were they so angry?

Where did they come from? His mind went back to Taehyung’s spirits.

Did they make it out of the basement? Were they after Hoseok?

Damn it Hoseok!

Why did you have to go and ask so much?

While he admired Hoseok’s muchness, sometimes it could be trouble.

He finally made it home in the morning and changed into his pajamas quickly.

He slipped into his bed awkwardly. He wasn’t used to sharing space, especially not the haven that was his bed. Yoongi didn’t want to risk putting Hoseok back yet though.

As he settled in he was tempted to touch Hoseok’s hair that fell into his forehead. His mouth was a little open the soft snores coming out of it, burrowing into Yoongi’s heart. He fought them off and instead closed his eyes.

“ asses.” Jin whispered.

Yoongi frowned and placed an arm around Hoseok’s shoulder in defiance, before falling asleep.


When he awoke, he saw Hoseok was long gone and Jin was on his desk studying.

“Hey.”

“Hey.” Jin called not turning to look, instead turning a page.

Yoongi sauntered out of bed and changed into a hoodie and sweats.

“We going to talk about last night?”

Yoongi paused in folding his pajamas. “We didn’t do anything.”

“I know. I’m a light sleeper, I would have heard.” Jin gave him a smile. “And you got a little more respect for me than that.” He added.

Yoongi nodded putting away his pajamas.

“I meant are we going to talk about why I had to drag a grown college student out of his bed to put him in yours as if he was in danger?”

Yoongi fiddled with his hoodie’s strings attempting to make them even. “It was...nothing.”

“Really?”

Yoongi looked at him, realizing Jin knew he was full of bull.

Jin acted like a cute man with his cooking and shopping, but deep down he was a no nonsense type of person.

He could probably spot lying a mile away. He could spot it, yet he played along.

He’s dangerous , Yoongi decided . He knows how to play the game..

“It was nothing.” He lied anyway. “Hoseok just got me paranoid is all.”

“Hoseok?”

“Yeah.” Yoongi sighed. He may as well give Jin some information. “Taehyung told him there’s spirits in the basement, so now he’s all freaked out.”

“Taehyung?” Jin asked.

“Yes.” Yoongi nodded, then grabbed his wallet and walked out. He didn’t need further interrogation, he had done enough. Hopefully Namjoon wouldn’t find out.

He made his way to the kitchen and bumped into Hoseok who had pizza in his hand.

“Want some?” Hoseok motioned to the box on the counter.

“Thanks.”

They ate in silence until Hoseok took his second slice and spoke.

“Um…”

“I…” Yoongi tried to speak up too.

“Huh?”

“Nothing.” Yoongi shook his head, taking another bite to busy himself.

Hoseok looked down at the pizza box. “Thanks.”

“No problem.”

Yoongi hoped Hoseok wouldn’t go into a rant about how amazing he was. He didn’t want to hear that. Or did he..?

No I don’t! He scolded himself.

Hoseok smiled at him as they ate. Yoongi looked away, finding it unsettling. He turned back when he felt a tap.

Hoseok held up his phone, on it was his contact.

Yoongi-savior <3

Yoongi scoffed and pushed the phone out of his face. He could feel his cheeks heat up and he hated it.

“Lame.” He finally managed.

Hoseok grinned in response.

Yoongi ended up going back upstairs after pizza, saying bye to Hoseok who had dance practice for an upcoming show. He bumped into Taehyung on his way out of the bathroom.

Taehyung gave a look that made Yoongi do a double take.

What was he so mad about?

Jimin came out of the room as Taehyung went in and Yoongi motioned with his chin. “What’s up with him?”

Jimin looked at the door Taehyung had slipped into. “I don’t know.”

“I’m going to class soon, you going to school?”

“Yup!” Jimin said with a cheery smile. Yoongi had to hand it to Jimin, the boy always looked to be in a good mood. He seemed to be in a genuine good mood while Hoseok would sometimes force it.

Hoseok… he wondered what exactly did the whispers mean? Were they going to happen again? Was Hoseok safe?

He was lost in thought as he and Jimin drove to the college and when they finally arrived he accidentally touched Jimin’s hand.

Jimin pulled away in shock and Yoongi smiled. “Sorry.”

He needed to stop thinking so much, he was freaking out Jimin.

“I heard you play piano.” Jimin spoke up.

“Yeah.” He had played from a young age, but had only recently picked it back up in college.

“Maybe we could do a collaboration.” Jimin joked.

Yoongi chuckled, with his poor piano skills and Jimin’s soft contemporary dancing, it would be a sight to see. “Mini-mini?”

Jimin nodded.

“Sure, maybe one day.” He then pulled into the parking lot, noticing Hoseok walking with a group of guys.

“Hyung I…”

 JHOOOOOOOOOPEEEEEE!!!! ” Yoongi honked the horn and yelled.

Hoseok looked over and shot him a grin his eyes shining. He then ran over.

“Jhope?” Jimin asked.

“It’s his stage name. Don’t you have one?”

“It’s just Jimin.” The younger boy ducked his head as if feeling less cool.

Yoongi wanted to encourage the boy that Jimin was a perfect name for him, but Hoseok leaned against the window and he could only see Hoseok’s sweaty happy face.

“Hey guys.” Hoseok panted. “Jimin you coming to practice?”

Jimin nodded.

“Let’s go together.” Hoseok smiled.

Jimin smiled back, getting out of the car and looking at Yoongi. “Bye hyung.”

“Bye Mini.”

Jimin seemed to brighten at the nickname and walked on ahead.

“Where are you going?” Hoseok turned to Yoongi.

“Class.”

“When are you out?”

“Around 7.”

“We should go eat.” Hoseok suggested. “I know this great place…”

“I don’t really…”

“…Got some really good lamb skewers too.”

“I’m in.” Yoongi said all too quickly. But who could blame him, he was a er for lamb skewers.

Hoseok shot him a knowing smile then nodded. “Alright, I’ll tell Jimin.”


 “Jimin you’re so good at dancing!” Hoseok exclaimed as he, Yoongi and Jimin sat around a booth with a grill, Yoongi already controlling it since he knew what well cooked meat looked like.

“Thanks, hyung.” Jimin smiled shyly. “You’re great too.”

“And so cute.” Hoseok added grabbing Jimin’s cheeks and shaking them.

Yoongi smiled. “He is, isn’t he?”

Jimin seemed to turn into a tomato causing the older two to laugh.

They enjoyed the silence for a moment until Hoseok bundled up a wrap and attempted to feed Yoongi.

“Nah.”

“Come on.” Hoseok urged. “I’m thankful for last night.”

“It’s fine.” Yoongi waved him off almost smacking the wrap out of his hands. Hoseok gave him a look and shoved the wrap in his mouth.

“You snore in your sleep.” He muttered, mouth full.

Yoongi snorted.

“And you hog all the covers.” He retorted, earning him another look.

Jimin laughed awkwardly in between them, busying himself with eating.


When they arrived Yoongi and Jimin made their way up the stairs, Hoseok had stayed behind in the living room catching a drama.

“Did you like the food?” He asked Jimin.

“Yes hyung.” Jimin replied, obediently.

Despite how annoying and loud Taehyung and Jimin got when they were together, they were each cute in their own way. Jimin was shy and polite, while Taehyung was odd and observant. Even the maknae was a charmer with his witty comments and quiet demeanor.

Yoongi petted his hair, knowing Jimin liked it. He seemed to like being taken care of by his hyungs, it was innocent and adorable.

“Good.” He said. “I better go to bed. Bye.”

“Bye.” Jimin called after him softly.